PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS BRIAN XANDERS? And what are the roles here?

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Sorry about yet another thread, but this is a new, valid angle: Every single article I read talks about "McDaniels recieved calls from other teams," or "McDaniels' has the right to construct the team he wants," and now, "McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable."

Do you see the problem here? ... Where is our General Manager in all this?! Bowlen told us Brian Xanders was a real, full-fledged GM ... but If he's really just another John Beake/Ted Sundquist paper-pushing wannabe GM, then THAT'S the problem!

The currect situation is Xanders' fault, because HE could be taking the "bad cop" heat for talking trade, leaving Jay free to cozy up to the "good cop" coach. XANDERS should be talking trades and contracts, JOSH should be downstairs with the players, getting them up to speed on his offense.

But instead, Josh apparently has a token GM in Xanders, which means JOSH HAS SHANAHAN POWER. Imo, Josh is WAY too young and too inexperienced to be given all of Shanahan's power at once. And it's Bowlen's fault for heaping too much on him.

Josh is in over his head, Xanders is a wallflower, and Pat is asleep at the wheel here, and the train is about ready to jump the tracks ... they're pushing Jay into a corner instead of giving him a lifeline to come back in.

GreatBronco16
03-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Good question.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Yup ... Josh is way too young for Shanahan power. Bowlen should have delegated bright-line roles to these guys, but apparently Josh has taken over everything, including the disastrous conference call with Jay ... all he needed was a lifeline there to come back home and save a little face, but Josh pushed him away, and with him, his trade value.

And now I just read another Blueflame post reminding us of the "Cheatriots." And whatever went on there, Josh MUST'VE known about it, because it involved taping defensive signals. Remember what that Philadelphia Eagles player said (might've even been Dawkins), he said the Pats offense guessed right on every single blitz - every single time - nobody guesses right every time.

Man, this is a dark night indeed ... my status as a Broncos fan is in serious jeopardy for the first time since I was 10. I gotta get some sleep here ...... g'night.

TheReverend
03-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Bowlen said a lot of things...

Broncoman13
03-11-2009, 04:56 AM
This has been talked about in Denver a lot. When the Goodmans were fired it was pretty clear who was calling the shots. They promoted Xanders and the first person they hired after that...... Kidd to lead the scout teams. Where was he from?.. the New England Patriots.

The Goodmans were not agreeing with the moves McD wanted to make. They did not agree with some of the cuts nor did they agree with some of the coaching choices. Assuming now b/c I haven't talked to anyone in a long time, but when the evaluation of Cutler went south the Goodmans freaked... McD went to Bowlen and said I can't fix this with them here. BYE BYE Goodmans, hello Mr. Sundquist....err...Xanders.

TheReverend
03-11-2009, 05:05 AM
This has been talked about in Denver a lot. When the Goodmans were fired it was pretty clear who was calling the shots. They promoted Xanders and the first person they hired after that...... Kidd to lead the scout teams. Where was he from?.. out of the NFL, and from ESPN, before that the New England Patriots.

Fixed, lol

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I've slept on it, and I'm on Jay's side, all in.

Josh is way too young and inexperienced to have Shanahan power, and he's screwing things up. And Bowlen screwed up giving a 33-year old Shanahan power. The duties should have been split between Xanders along traditional lines. If they had been split, there would be a buffer between GM and coach, and Cutler would be back home now instead of out in the cold.

I'm with Jay, all in.

Hotrod
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh my

TheReverend
03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
I've slept on it, and I'm on Jay's side, all in.

Josh is way too young and inexperienced to have Shanahan power, and he's screwing things up. And Bowlen screwed up giving a 33-year old Shanahan power. The duties should have been split between Xanders along traditional lines. If they had been split, there would be a buffer between GM and coach, and Cutler would be back home now instead of out in the cold.

I'm with Jay, all in.

Personally, I'm on Jay's side.

However, I think "all in" is never the right attitude with anything. Almost a "never say never" situation, especially considering the lions share of the information everyone is running with is all rumors.

worm
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I am excited to see what Josh can do when he gets to focus on the Xs and Os. I think he can have great success there.

His other responsibilities need to be cut waayyyyy back.

BroncoBuff
03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Personally, I'm on Jay's side.

However, I think "all in" is never the right attitude with anything. Almost a "never say never" situation, especially considering the lions share of the information everyone is running with is all rumors.

You're right of course, and I have no doubt whatsoever that Jay has been a prima donna and a baby. But he's OUR baby, and he deserves a coach he can trust. He's never been a problem before, the Elway comment was screwy, but I NEVER saw him as a malcontent until this overrated infant was given Shanahan powers and started lying to Jay about trade talks. In fact by all accounts he was 100% on board with the new guys untilk the trade talks.

On ONE HAND: Josh is a very young offensive coordintaor JUST NOW promoted to head coach/GM.
On the OTHER HAND: Jay Cutler has three years in as a first-class young franchise QB.

I'm with Jay.

I agree with worm, though, I'm excited to see Josh's X's and O's in action ;D

TheReverend
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
You're right of course, and I have no doubt whatsoever that Jay has been a prima donna and a baby. But he's OUR baby, and he deserves a coach he can trust. He's never been a problem before, the Elway comment was screwy, but I NEVER saw him as a malcontent until this overrated infant was given Shanahan powers and started lying to Jay about trade talks. In fact by all accounts he was 100% on board with the new guys untilk the trade talks.

On ONE HAND: Josh is a very young offensive coordintaor JUST NOW promoted to head coach/GM.
On the OTHER HAND: Jay Cutler has three years in as a first-class young franchise QB.

I'm with Jay.

I agree with worm, though, I'm excited to see Josh's X's and O's in action ;D

Well patience is a virtue for a reason. Cutler may in fact not even be a malcontent, and he and Josh may also be ironing things out as we speak.

Let's just see how April shakes out. Things will be more transparent at that time, especially after the first mini camp.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm4.jpg

Ohmigod! I just came up with a whole new bunch of speculations!

And the drama continues...