PDA

View Full Version : Will/When will Cutler be traded?

JCMElway
03-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Poll coming.

Taco John
03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I'll be suprised if Cutler is not playing in Detroit next season.

bpc
03-10-2009, 11:36 PM
By draft day. At this point, I'm hoping Cutler is moved so he can go to a franchise that will take advantage of his skills and we can expedite moving this current crappy coaching situation out of town.

JCMElway
03-10-2009, 11:36 PM
What deal do the Broncs swing for him?

bpc
03-10-2009, 11:37 PM

A deal to Carolina almost makes too much sense for both sides. The only thing holding it up is that Bowlen probably doesn't want to pay Peppers the 100 million dollar deal he is looking for.

UberBroncoMan
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm going to say draft day.

Until I see that Josh really give's two ****s about having a good relationship with his QB (as he so adamantly stated when he was hired), and until Cutler actually thinks he's safe (which according to an updated NFL.com post, he still thinks he's on the block after the meeting), I won't believe Jay is our QB in 2009. Oh and the NFL.com link said that Jay could see himself being dealt on draft day.

All I can say is if Jay is dealt and we suck ass which causes Mc****Tard to get canned. We're going to be the ****house of the AFC West for a long time. (aka. the new Raiders).

scttgrd
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
By draft day. At this point, I'm hoping Cutler is moved so he can go to a franchise that will take advantage of his skills and we can expedite moving this current crappy coaching situation out of town.

Im ashamed to say it, but I feel the same way. Get them both out of town. I want to see how some around here are going to react when we are back to the SOB/Plumber days wishing we had a star QB again.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:20 AM
i say cutler and maybe a 4th are traded to Detroit and we get their number 1 and 20 picks in the draft in return.

i am pissed Cutler is on his way out, but i am sure it is going down.

dsmoot
03-11-2009, 01:36 AM

It's too bad Matt Millen is no longer in Detroit. This could have been another Ditka move.

Pick Six
03-11-2009, 01:40 AM
I don't believe Cutler is going anywhere...

Dexter
03-11-2009, 01:43 AM
i say cutler and maybe a 4th are traded to Detroit and we get their number 1 and 20 picks in the draft in return.

i am pissed Cutler is on his way out, but i am sure it is going down.

I don't see this as even value. If this happened I'd be pissed.

Ok you trade Cutler, so you use your number 1 for say Matthew Stafford.

You trade a probowl proven QB, for a rookie who may bust. Then you get a later to mid first round pick. Doesn't make much sense to me.

It would have to be the 1st, 20th, + more draft picks and maybe a player.

Blueflame
03-11-2009, 01:47 AM
What deal do the Broncs swing for him?

A day-old ham sammich...

arghemtee
03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Knowing Josh McDumbass?

Draft day.

Meck77
03-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I've been telling you all for years. Stick with the old school jerseys.

I'm pretty sure Jay has more to do with this trade talk than people want to admit. He's probably outta here on draft day.

The Joker
03-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Unless Cutler's situation becomes completely untenable, I expect he'll stay.

If a trade does go down, I like the idea of sending him to the Lions.

I say we send Cutler, our third and Scheffler to Detroit.

In exchange we get the #1, the #20 and then the Lions first rounder next year. That figures to be a pretty high pick too.

Detroit gets a franchise QB and a weapon he has good chemistry with, as well as an additional pick this year to help them rebuild.

We draft Aaron Curry at #1, Freeman or Sanchez at #12 and then Beanie at #20. If McDaniels doesn't like either of those QB's, get Tyson Jackson instead and take a guy in the mid-rounds. I like Graham Harrell, think he's the sort of guy McD would mold into a good QB.

Next year we use the Lions pick to get Terrence Cody, and still have another pick in the first.

Guy can dream, right?

Cmac821
03-11-2009, 06:10 AM
If he gets traded I might go with him, not a real big fan of pissing off your franchise QB then trading him. Don't want to be "that" team

pootz22
03-11-2009, 06:28 AM
If we get rid of cutler then some of the young guys on the team are gonna start getting hot feet. I guess this is one way to rebuild the whole team not just the defense....maybe we can leave the OL in tact. Shame, I really liked the offensive potential.

I have a feeling it is draft day as well.

I thought this was worked out ahead of time, before McDaniels came on board.

montrose
03-11-2009, 06:31 AM
My fear is we're stuck with him this season, limp through a terrible year, then deal him to Shanny next year and have to start all over again.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd say it's completely up to Jay. McD has basically told Cutler what every coach in the league is going to tell him, ie. The team comes first. You'd think Jay would have picked up on that by now. Doesn't matter where he goes. He'll have to learn that sooner or later. If Jay comes in Monday and drops the emo venting in the press, I'd say the team moves on. If he wants to continue his tantrum, the Broncos have no choice. Draft day.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-11-2009, 06:42 AM
McD has basically told Cutler what every coach in the league is going to tell him, ie. The team comes first.

No he didn't, because not every coach is dumb enough to come in as the new guy, and piss off the franchise within 6 weeks.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 06:43 AM
No he didn't, because not every coach is dumb enough to come in as the new guy, and piss off the franchise within 6 weeks.

What franchise are you talking about? I haven't heard any complaints from Bowlen.

DrFate
03-11-2009, 06:46 AM
As of today, I think it is more than a coin flip that Cutler is traded. Following this team for the past 22 years, I think this is a dark day for the franchise. I am not sure what kind of snake oil Coach Sparky and Xanders have sold Bowlen on, but 'systems' don't win games. Players do. Sure Cutler has some maturing to do, but he is certainly a better player than the treatment he is getting.

It will be another 10 years before we get a QB of this caliber.

Broncos_OTM
03-11-2009, 06:51 AM
I don't see this as even value. If this happened I'd be pissed.

Ok you trade Cutler, so you use your number 1 for say Matthew Stafford.

You trade a probowl proven QB, for a rookie who may bust. Then you get a later to mid first round pick. Doesn't make much sense to me.

It would have to be the 1st, 20th, + more draft picks and maybe a player.

We dont have teh cap room for a #1 #12 and @20. i would be very happy with 20 and their 1 next year and 3

Man-Goblin
03-11-2009, 06:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/justusj/dreamstimeweb_angry374345_1copy.jpg

NFLBRONCO
03-11-2009, 06:56 AM
If they do trade Cutler draft day is best time but, I'm holding out hope Cutler will man up and be here monday and smooth things over.

Drek
03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
We dont have teh cap room for a #1 #12 and @20. i would be very happy with 20 and their 1 next year and 3

We still have plenty of cap room, and the cap hit of those contracts are less important than the guaranteed money you commit (which is pro-rated throughout their deals from a cap standpoint).

Dendave
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
If he doesn't show for offseason workouts, his value drops big time, the rest of the league will know we are trying to get rid of him and his value plummets. Not a good sign if he doesn't show Monday.

telluride
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM

In exchange we get the #1, the #20 and then the Lions first rounder next year. That figures to be a pretty high pick too.

Detroit gets a franchise QB and a weapon he has good chemistry with, as well as an additional pick this year to help them rebuild.

We draft Aaron Curry at #1, Freeman or Sanchez at #12 and then Beanie at #20. If McDaniels doesn't like either of those QB's, get Tyson Jackson instead and take a guy in the mid-rounds. I like Graham Harrell, think he's the sort of guy McD would mold into a good QB.

Next year we use the Lions pick to get Terrence Cody, and still have another pick in the first.

Guy can dream, right?

I kinda like that plan.

Dendave
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Guy can dream, right?

It might work if Millen was still there

bombquixote
03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
My fear is we're stuck with him this season, limp through a terrible year, then deal him to Shanny next year and have to start all over again.

I hadn't thought of that. That would suck. In fact, you suck for raining on the sunniest of all possible outcomes, that being that Cutler stays.

So....I wonder how the Rockies are looking these days.