PDA

View Full Version : Is Simms a long term answer?

TheDave
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
With the seemingly constant deterioration of the relationship between Cutler and McDaniel's we need to consider our options. Right now, the only potential starter on our roster is Chris Simms.

Problem is, I've never seen the kid play. For those that have, is he a potential long term answer for us?

GreatBronco16
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
No.

broncolife
NO to Griese 2.

bombay
If an answer is required now, it has to be no.

He has a lot to prove.

bowtown
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
With the seemingly constant deterioration of the relationship between Cutler and McDaniel's we need to consider our options. Right now, the only potential starter on our roster is Chris Simms.

Problem is, I've never seen the kid play. For those that have, is he a potential long term answer for us?

Chris Simms is to Long Term Solution as Spleen is to Useful Organ.

TheDave
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Well this is encouraging... ;D

Gcver2ver3
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM

i'd say no...he showed some promise out here in Tampa, but i don't see him as a franchise QB...

the kid has toughness, thats for sure...he played with a ruptured spleen and never griped...

i say we trade Cutler for quinn and Cleveland's #5 pick if Cleveland is dumb enough to do it...

socalorado
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Nope.

Popps
http://www.manlyweb.com/realmen/sports/lombardi_trophy.jpg

lex
We dont need a competent QB. All we need is McDaniels. LOL.

ludo21
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I dont think so, if we want another long term QB we need to look at the draft again.

This is getting annoying and if McD wants to continue to be an idiot and alienate Cutler and show his hand here then get it over with and trade him.

spdirty
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Id be breaking shlt and flipping dove valley off every time I drove by if this guy was our starter not due to injury.

broncolife
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
We dont need a competent QB. All we need is McDaniels. LOL.

Instead of producing 1000 yard running backs we will produce 3000 yard qbs. :) I wonder if we will see Qb by committee.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
He is better than the petulant little queer we have in drunk Cutler. Cutler may have all the skills but he comes in second to Ryan Leaf when it comes to brains. Sad really, especially when the likes of Taco and SoCal have ruined their reputation defending that little twit. :)

You have absolutely become immersed in your new persona and I like it!

Simms is to Long Term Solution as tits are to a bull.

spdirty
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
He is better than the petulant little queer we have in drunk Cutler. Cutler may have all the skills but he comes in second to Ryan Leaf when it comes to brains. Sad really, especially when the likes of Taco and SoCal have ruined their reputation defending that little twit. :)

I think that post right there pretty much almost takes the cake in regard to...well, reacting before thinking about what you post. If you really think Chris Freaking Simms is better than Cutler then I think Greasy Al mightve found a new personnel prospect.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
You have absolutely become immersed in your new persona and I like it!

Simms is to Long Term Solution as boobies are to a bull.

At least you get it! Retards like spdirty take the bait hook line and sinker every day. Its fun to watch my puppets dance! :wiggle:

spdirty
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Instead of producing 1000 yard running backs we will produce 3000 yard qbs. :) I wonder if we will see Qb by committee.

Maybe he should call up Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore!:rofl:

Then while he's at it call Reeves up and ask him how to deal with QB controvers....oops, think he already has.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
At least you get it! Retards like spdirty take the bait hook line and sinker every day. Its fun to watch my puppets dance! :wiggle:

I look forward to your future work on survivor.:strong:

Taco John
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM

Wow.

You've become quite the queen.

spdirty
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM

No youve flown off the deep end then try to cover it up by trying to change the subject.

I think its gettin a lil past bedtime. Sober up time too.

Taco John
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Denver, as a city, would eat Chris Simms alive and then crap him out on the light rail tracks within a season.

It takes a quarterback with a special kind of ego to handle the pressures of being a Denver quarterback. Someone with an arm like a canon, and an ego the size of the Rockies.

HEAV
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Sign Jeff Garcia let him and Simms compete for the gig.

Trade Baby to the Lions for the number one overall and select Stafford.

Then trade the 12 for second and third rounders. The price of the #1 and #12 are just too much for one year. Plus having multiple seconds and threes means more talent.

Let Jeff Garcia or Simms play the 09 season and let Stafford sit, learn and be taught how to be a NFL qaurterback the correct way.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Denver, as a city, would eat Chris Simms alive and then crap him out on the light rail tracks within a season.

It takes a quarterback with a special kind of ego to handle the pressures of being a Denver quarterback. Someone with an arm like a canon, and an ego the size of the Rockies.

Don't forget moxie....err wait.

spdirty

Well the problem is when we get that we call them "arrogant little babies."

Cutler may be going overboard here, but he isnt the first great Broncos quarterback to get treated like crap by about 40% of the fans.

theAPAOps5
Wow.

You've become quite the queen.

Learned from the best. Thanks for all the help, homo.

Tell you what talk to me when you stop starting pathetic threads like the gutless drunk. Then you might be on my level to call me a queen.

HEAV
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM

John Elway too old to come outta retirement damnit!

Taco John
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Cutler may be going overboard here, but he isnt the first great Broncos quarterback to get treated like crap by about 40% of the fans.

Cutler is definitely going overboard here. I just can't say that I blame him. The guy literally carried this team on his back this year, the least Pat Bowlen owes him is some respect. I would be frustrated too if the front office bungled their trade, and then tried to dump the fall out of it in my lap as though it were my fault that it didn't work out for them. I might think about being insubordinate, and hoping for a trade - even to Detroit, where I could throw footballs to Calvin Johnson.

Meck77
03-11-2009, 04:34 AM
The guy literally carried this team on his back this year,

It's too bad there wasn't the NFL ticket during the 80's and 90's. Your definition of "carrying a team on one's back" would be much different.

It's laughable to me that people even tried to compare ELWAY to cutler.

As far as Simms go I doubt it but if Jay plans on being a Denver Broncos he might consider cutting out the binge drinking or he's going to get labeled a "gutless drunk" real soon! ;D

Drek
03-11-2009, 06:28 AM

Jake Plummer, arm like a cannon? Nope.

Ego the size of the Rockies? Nope.

From '03-'05 his record here was 34-18 (including playoffs), with a playoff birth every season.

Denver sure didn't eat him up. Shanahan quitting on him after an AFCC appearance sure did take away his motivation apparently though.

Chris Simms would be a solid starter in McDaniels system, and at 28 we could probably go pretty well with him for two or three years while we groom a long term QB. It wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't doom us to failure by any stretch.

rbackfactory80
03-11-2009, 06:31 AM
You guys are missing the point, Simms is a yes man, exactly why he was brought in. He has no exceptional skills much like his dad, but with the proper support he could win you some games. To young though for a long term decision. Wasn't really surrounded by great talent in Tampa. He is smart though.

maher_tyler
03-11-2009, 06:49 AM

Dude the bottom line is Jay needs to quite acting like a little bitch and man the **** up...he's suppose to lead the troops into battle..not fold a cry like a little girl EVERY time something doesn't go his way!!!!

oubronco
03-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Hell to the No

OBF1
03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I think so, He has had a great NFL career so far and with his gene pool, the sky is the limit.

BroncoInferno
03-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Sign Jeff Garcia let him and Simms compete for the gig.

Trade Baby to the Lions for the number one overall and select Stafford.

Then trade the 12 for second and third rounders. The price of the #1 and #12 are just too much for one year. Plus having multiple seconds and threes means more talent.

Let Jeff Garcia or Simms play the 09 season and let Stafford sit, learn and be taught how to be a NFL qaurterback the correct way.

Neither Stafford nor Sanchez are worth such a high pick. Both are overrated because this is a poor year overall for QBs. Plus, they are both juniors, and who was was the last junior QB to have a successful career? They are almost always busts.

On Simms: he's had kind of a hard luck career. He was showing pretty good potential in TB and then the spleen injury nearly killed him and really set his career back. He's not a franchise guy, but I think in the right environment he could be productive, winning QB.