PDA

View Full Version : Denver Post: Cutler unsure if he'll report Monday

montrose
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
The petulant child should be demoted then. Sit his ass for 3 years, what a joke.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Broncos' talk with Cutler goes sour
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was part of a conference call Monday with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler.

According to an NFL source, the call left the quarterback believing that if the Broncos find the right deal, he will be traded between now and the NFL draft that begins on April 25.

Cutler was in Nashville when the call was placed. He was accompanied on the call by his agent Bus Cook. Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and general manager Brian Xanders also were part of the call.

Cutler has been irked since learning McDaniels tried to trade him to Tampa Bay nearly two weeks ago in a proposed deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that Cutler would not be traded. Period. And the statement added McDaniels and Cutler would meet this week, after Cutler returns from Nashville.

According to the source, Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256

If he is taking issue with being told no one is above the team he is a weak minded person who has no business being in the NFL.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen....

ohiobronco2
At this point, I just want the drama to be over. I'd prefer for Jay to be our starting QB next season, but this act is getting old. I understood when he was initially pissed about the talks, but he must learn to let this go and get back to business.

frerottenextelway
It's not mandatory. That's ''business'', or so I hear.

montrose
The petulant child should be demoted then. Sit his ass for 3 years, what a joke.

Aren't you supposed to watching TV with the Mrs?;D

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
If he is taking issue with being told no one is above the team he is a weak minded person who has no business being in the NFL.

He just needs to grow up. I think the kid is an amazing QB and has a ton of potential, but he needs to mend these fences. I was hoping he would blow up at Mcky D, they would talk things through and this would be over with, but apparently that isn't going to happen. It's like a 5 y/o who holds a grudge.

jayman_37
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
At least Cutler was coming into the call thinking it would be fixed, but I am guessing that McDaniels didn't make it seem like he couldn't be traded which probably pissed him off again. This is just turning into a pissing contest and neither side is willing to back down. This is absolutely ridiculous by both sides.

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Here we go again.

Willynowei
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Stupid.

Shanny was cut-throat, but he never showed his hand. McDaniels is showing his hand. Trading Cutler in itself is a risky (and stupid) as **** move, but if you're going to do it, don't be a retard and turn it into a media circus.

Do everything possible to make Cutler feel comfortable, and the team SEEM like its back to normal, then you will hold the upper hand in trade talks. Trying to set an example before trading a guy is flat out retarded, the trade and release of a player is an example enough, this only drives down his trade value.

McDaniels is young, strongheaded and smart - this much is obvious. He is also piss poor at political posturing and completely unwise - which should be expected of a guy who's too young, too inexperienced, and blatantly unqualified for a position with this much power.

NFLBRONCO
03-10-2009, 08:41 PM
The main problem here is he got drafted by a guy that babied him and now he has a coach that will push him. What is Jay going to do during games I doubt Josh will let him sit on the bench by himself. He is pouting to justify his behavior to himself. If they can't resolve this by April 1st I think it might be best to part ways. We are rebuilding anyway but, man I hope this is overblown by media.

lex
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
At least Cutler was coming into the call thinking it would be fixed, but I am guessing that McDaniels didn't make it seem like he couldn't be traded which probably pissed him off again. This is just turning into a pissing contest and neither side is willing to back down. This is absolutely ridiculous by both sides.

Yeah, when you hire a 32 year old coach, you always run the risk he will go out of his way to be like this to compensate for his own insecurity about not being respected because of his age.

Again, nice work, Pat.

Northman
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Honestly, the drama needs to end.

tsiguy96
03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
The main problem here is he got drafted by a guy that babied him and now he has a coach that will push him. What is Jay going to do during games I doubt Josh will let him sit on the bench by himself. He is pouting to justify his behavior to himself.

someone finally speaks the truth...

Gcver2ver3
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM

call?...man screw that, he should've had his ungrateful behind in Dove Valley...

they asked him to come meet with them ASAP to sit and fix the problem and all he's done since is gripe to the press, cancel visits to Dove Valley, and play the victim...

i say trade em...

Willynowei
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
At this point, I just want the drama to be over. I'd prefer for Jay to be our starting QB next season, but this act is getting old. I understood when he was initially pissed about the talks, but he must learn to let this go and get back to business.

All depends on context. "you're not untradable" could easily be fighting words, could be McDaniels going off on Cutler - which is not the way the first phone call should go.

watermock
03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Cutler will be traded to Tenn or the Lions draft day.

ohiobronco2
Wow. Just wow.

Here we go again.

Ok, not an exact match, but I'm sure you are picking up what I'm putting down.

Meck77
I just realized that every thread on the orangemane is one and the same.

jayman_37
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
call?...man screw that, he should've had his ungrateful behind in Dove Valley...

they asked him to come meet with them ASAP to sit and fix the problem and all he's done since is gripe to the press, cancel visits to Dove Valley, and play the victim...

i say trade em...

What stops McDaniels from going to Nashville?

Shefter reported a meeting was never arranged.

He answered questions on the first day that he found out and hasn't talked since. So........ I don't see what you are saying.

A lot of the information we have fed is false so maybe we can't figure out what is true, but you can't just assume only one person is to blame here.

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
All depends on context. "you're not untradable" could easily be fighting words, could be McDaniels going off on Cutler - which is not the way the first phone call should go.

I see what you're saying. I don't know if that was the right thing to say at a time like this. I'm sure Jay knows after all of this that every person can be let go at any moment in a number of ways for a number of reasons. But I'm certain that McDaniels is playing hard ball. He's letting Jay know that this is my team and he isn't going to baby him.

baja
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Stupid.

Shanny was cut-throat, but he never showed his hand. McDaniels is showing his hand. Trading Cutler in itself is risky as (and i think stupid, but what do i know) **** move, but if you're going to do it, don't be a retard and turn it into a media circus.

Do everything possible to make Cutler feel comfortable, and the team SEEM like its back to normal, then you will hold the upper hand in trade talks. Trying to set an example before trading a guy is flat out retarded, the trade and release of a player is an example enough, this only drives down his trade value.

McDaniels is young, strongheaded and smart - this much is obvious. He is also piss poor at political posturing and completely unwise - which should be expected of a guy who's too young, too inexperienced, and blatantly unqualified for a position with this much power.

You weren't one of those guys screaming for honesty were you.

broncosteven
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I am disappointed by MickyD's hard line attitude. His lack of management experience is painful.

That is something that should have been handled in person. Both parties should have known that. You don't smooth things over on the phone or via email.

A good manager does not tell people my way or highway and have any success.

ohiobronco2

LOL Come on draft.

worm
The main problem here is he got drafted by a guy that babied him and now he has a coach that will push him.

Do you just make this crap up? Do you really believe it? Why invent reasons

Jay has told you what his main problem is.....TRUST.

Coincidentally...trust was also Elway's problem (and Jacks) with Irsay. No phones calls or wishful thinking cured how John perceived Bob as a liar. How did that all end for the Colts?

These two not finding a way to work through this WILL set this franchise and McD back...regardless of the compensation Denver receives.

God forbid if Jay goes on to have SuperBowl success...it will hang over Josh for the rest of his career and over this franchise with what could have been. The comparisons will be endless.

lex
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
The main problem here is he got drafted by a guy that babied him and now he has a coach that will push him. What is Jay going to do during games I doubt Josh will let him sit on the bench by himself. He is pouting to justify his behavior to himself. If they can't resolve this by April 1st I think it might be best to part ways. We are rebuilding anyway but, man I hope this is overblown by media.

"Babied"? His previous coach also coached Elway and Young. He actually has a history of managing players as a head coach. There is nothing indicating that McDaniels knows how to handle these situations or, more importantly, is able to prevent them from happening.

Gcver2ver3
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
What stops McDaniels from going to Nashville?

Shefter reported a meeting was never arranged.

He answered questions on the first day that he found out and hasn't talked since. So........ I don't see what you are saying.

A lot of the information we have fed is false so maybe we can't figure out what is true, but you can't just assume only one person is to blame here.

i didn't say one person was to blame...

but the reason this continues to drag on is because of cutler playing ms sensitive and we ain't got time for this...

what world do you live in?...why should McD, Xanders, & Bowlen all go to where Cutler is?...exactly who is the employer and who is the employee?...Dove Valley is the HQ, so he needed to get there and show he's mature enough and committed enough to resolve this...

and don't give me that "nothing was arranged" stuff...Mcd and crew told cutler to get his tail to the HQ to get this thing resolved and decided instaed to sulk and go to the press...

you can be a Cutler apologist like some of these other cats on this forum but i'm keepin it real...Cutler is acting like a child right now...a spoiled one...i wanted Cutler here as much as the next man and i was concerned when i heard him mentioned in trade talks...McD could've handled it better but the guy isn't THAT out of line for trying to make the team better...

Cutler is losing major points right now...

frerottenextelway
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
"Babied"? His previous coach also coached Elway and Young. He actually has a history of managing players as a head coach. There is nothing indicating that McDaniels knows how to handle these situations or, more importantly, is able to prevent them from happening.

Yep. McDaniels seems to have the Ohio High School Coach mentality - like his father, which is great for people coaching High School football in Ohio.

Perhaps that will be his next stop.

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Yep. McDaniels seems to have the Ohio High School Coach mentality - like his father, which is great for people coaching High School football in Ohio.

Perhaps that will be his next stop.

Where does his father coach?

lex
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM

I think its somewhere around Canton. I could be wrong though.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
The Cutler supporters here keep forgetting coaches are hired to be authoritative figures. Cutler doesnt have to like them, but he should be an adult, honor his contract, and go to work.

its that simple.

frerottenextelway
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM

Jackson High School in Massillon, OH.

broncofan2438
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
This is unfreakn believable.......this off season has gone from bad to horrible.

broncosteven
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
The Cutler supporters here keep forgetting coaches are hired to be authoritative figures. Cutler doesnt have to like them, but he should be an adult, honor his contract, and go to work.

its that simple.

He should honor his contract but the Manager needs to be able to work with people, not just X's and O's.

There are alot of assumptions and speculation.

I hope Jay shows up but there is plenty of precedence of coaches meeting players 1/2 way.

Remember Shanny meeting Steve Young at an Airport Hotel? Talking on a confrence call with others in the room is chicken****.

Broncojef
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I am disappointed by MickyD's hard line attitude. His lack of management experience is painful.

That is something that should have been handled in person. Both parties should have known that. You don't smooth things over on the phone or via email.

A good manager does not tell people my way or highway and have any success.

When you ignore the owner and President things might have escalated even out of McDaniels hands. Seems Mr. Bowlen and all his experience with people is about through with jay and his crap too so don't be laying this all at McD's feet.

Garcia Bronco
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I think he shows up.

Los Broncos
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
When will it end, I hope this works our or he'll be traded.

worm
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I think he shows up.

I would bet on it that he does.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
He should honor his contract but the Manager needs to be able to work with people, not just X's and O's.

I hope Jay shows up but there is plenty of precedence of coaches meeting players 1/2 way.

Remember Shanny meeting Steve Young at an Airport Hotel? Talking on a confrence call with others in the room is chicken****.

Yeah I think this fixation on the Lombardi era approach to coaching is kind of intriguing. I mean, it was, what, over 40 years ago. There are plenty of instances of coaches winning without being and adversarial prick. There are also instances of coaches who only changed their hard line approach when on the verge of being fired and then went on to win a SB.

Broncojef
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Young when not even employed by the Broncos flew to denver to weigh his options...he wasn't even employed by us. Jay was invited to have a meeting to clear the air, personally called by the coach and owner of the team and blew them off at every turn. At some point the employee has to learn who he works for and who is in charge, it aint jay.

jayman_37
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
i didn't say one person was to blame...

but the reason this continues to drag on is because of cutler playing ms sensitive and we ain't got time for this...

what world do you live in?...why should McD, Xanders, & Bowlen all go to where Cutler is?...exactly who is the employer and who is the employee?...Dove Valley is the HQ, so he needed to get there and show he's mature enough and committed enough to resolve this...

and don't give me that "nothing was arranged" stuff...Mcd and crew told cutler to get his tail to the HQ to get this thing resolved and decided instaed to sulk and go to the press...

you can be a Cutler apologist like some of these other cats on this forum but i'm keepin it real...Cutler is acting like a child right now...a spoiled one...i wanted Cutler here as much as the next man and i was concerned when i heard him mentioned in trade talks...McD could've handled it better but the guy isn't THAT out of line for trying to make the team better...

Cutler is losing major points right now...

First of all let me let it be known that I am not on one side or the other, but I just feel like both sides need to be understood.

Look at it like this about the meeting.

Your boss tries to switch you for someone else while you are out of town on a vacation. Then you find out and are furious. Then he says my bad lets come back and talk about it while you are still furious. What will you accomplish when you meet anyway? Jay just tried to take time to relax before he had to get back in town. Also Jay was in town a lot during the off season working on game film and gameplanning for next year. Then when they do communicate and Jay has calmed down he just tells him pretty much we will get rid of you whenever we want.

I think that Jay is the type of guy that plays for a team and doesn't view it as a business. He views as "going to war" with his teammates and for the organization. So he takes it very personal when these things happen. He has also started a lot of organizations in the town and feels like he has really made it his home. This is something I wish we had out of all of our players, if we did then there wouldn't be nearly as many busts. Think if Travis Henry loved Denver and wasn't concerned about money or making babies. He could have been very good.

Now as far as Jay goes he did come off as sort of whiney and he does need to understand that these things happen. I also find it very unaccptable that he did not return phone calls. That is just ridiculous on his part.

Right now I feel a loyalty to Cutler that I don't feel toward McDaniels mainly because he is new, but I am just wanting the best thing for Denver and that means Cutler should be here this season.

summerdenver
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM

ROFL!

Dagmar
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Hey!

My epic universe thread went down like a lead balloon but I tried. :thanku:

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
We can always rely on the men at the top to smooth things over when Cutler is willing to let bygones be bygones.

Oops. Like I said McDaniels needs to learn people skills. It's not "attack" mode all the time. This was a great oppurtunity to show he could be a peacemaker and apparently Jay was ready for that, until they ****ed it up. Again. Outstanding work.

Anaximines
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

BBW's valuable take:

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

Broncojef
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968896

BBW's valuable take:

After a contentious conference call between quarterback Jay Cutler and the Denver Broncos' brass on Monday, the situation has gone "from bad to worse", according to a source close to the situation.

The call was supposed to be a meeting of the minds between Cutler and the Broncos' brass, in particular new head coach Josh McDaniels. The two got sideways Feb. 28 when word broke that McDaniels, the former New England offensive coordinator who replaced Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons, engaged in discussions about acquiring Matt Cassel from the Patriots in a three-way trade. Cutler had maintained the Broncos initiated the talks. McDaniels publicly said he was approached about a deal.

The conference call was anything but genial and the two sides are now further apart than prior to it, the source said. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

The source said McDaniels wouldn't confirm or deny whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks. The Broncos did, though, tell Cutler that every player on the team could be traded and he could be traded at any time. Still, Denver owner Pat Bowlen also stated in the conversation that Cutler will not be traded. The Broncos publicly said Cutler will not be traded last week as the Cutler trade frenzy was in full force.

After the phone call, Cutler, the source said, would rather be traded now if Denver isn't going to commit to him long-term. The source maintains Cutler was totally on board with McDaniels until the trade talks story broke and that trust is Cutler's biggest problem with McDaniels and the organization.

The source said Cutler is still mulling over whether he will show up for the team's offseason conditioning program, which begins Monday.

just stay home Jay...I'm sure it will all work itself out.

cabronco
03-10-2009, 09:21 PM
So after last week when McDaniels said Cutler would not be traded, all this friction going on and they finally get to talk, and McDaniels tosses out there to Jay that no one is untradeable. I could see where Cutler getting mixed messages, Do you want to trade me or not, make up your mind ! I think McDaniels has handled Cutlers situation poorly from the start. I also think Jay needs to grow up on & off the field. It seems their talk put them back at square one. Unbelievable , I want Cutler as the Broncos Qb, I just dont see it working out any time soon.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Who are these sources? ???

I smell BS here. If any of this was true you'd think Schefter would have been the one all over it.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
. The source said that the Broncos' tone of the conference call was as if Cutler created the situation by asking for the trade and not the other way around.

I want to hear someone defend this. All of you jerking off to this leadership style and how its so great. When he finally has an oppurtunity to smooth things over, he goes into the conversation with guns blazing. Can he ****ING STOP BEING SO ****ING OFFENSIVE? Can he show some ****ing tact?

His inexperience is painfully clear. He's making everything worse. He needs to be removed from power. Now.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice work, Pat.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I want to hear someone defend this. All of you jerking off to this leadership style and how its so great. When he finally has an oppurtunity to smooth things over, he goes into the conversation with guns blazing. Can he ****ING STOP BEING SO ****ING OFFENSIVE? Can he show some ****ing tact?

His inexperience is painfully clear. He's making everything worse. He needs to be removed from power. Now.

SoCal, chill bro, seriously. I don't think this is legit.

Broncojef
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Did you even bother to read the part about Bowlen the Owner/President being in the room? Something tells me Pat might have had a direct conversation to Jay letting him know where he stands. But keep blaming McD its your thing.

arghemtee
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
McDumbass needs to go. This is getting worse and worse each and every day.

"We are not trading Jay Cutler"

"Every player is not untradeable"

Hello people!? McDaniels doesnt even know where he stands.

This guy is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

FIRE HIM!

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
First of all let me let it be known that I am not on one side or the other, but I just feel like both sides need to be understood.

Look at it like this about the meeting.

Your boss tries to switch you for someone else while you are out of town on a vacation. Then you find out and are furious. Then he says my bad lets come back and talk about it while you are still furious. What will you accomplish when you meet anyway? Jay just tried to take time to relax before he had to get back in town. Also Jay was in town a lot during the off season working on game film and gameplanning for next year. Then when they do communicate and Jay has calmed down he just tells him pretty much we will get rid of you whenever we want.

I think that Jay is the type of guy that plays for a team and doesn't view it as a business. He views as "going to war" with his teammates and for the organization. So he takes it very personal when these things happen. He has also started a lot of organizations in the town and feels like he has really made it his home. This is something I wish we had out of all of our players, if we did then there wouldn't be nearly as many busts. Think if Travis Henry loved Denver and wasn't concerned about money or making babies. He could have been very good.

Now as far as Jay goes he did come off as sort of whiney and he does need to understand that these things happen. I also find it very unaccptable that he did not return phone calls. That is just ridiculous on his part.

Right now I feel a loyalty to Cutler that I don't feel toward McDaniels mainly because he is new, but I am just wanting the best thing for Denver and that means Cutler should be here this season.

OK, I suggest we put an official moratorium on the football/office work place comparison. 1) If you get replaced in the office workplace, you probably arent keeping your salary. Not the case in football. 2) Getting traded, moving teams, is a well known part of the business because compensation is always involved.

So stop. Perhaps McDaniels hard line approach is not the best way to handle Jay, but Jay needs to man up and do things like take meetings and his boss's phone calls. He does not have the right to bitch here.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Did you even bother to read the part about Bowlen the Owner/President being in the room? Something tells me Pat might have had a direct conversation to Jay letting him know where he stands. But keep blaming McD its your thing.

Then why would they give him mixed messages? Are they that dysfunctional? Are they that flat out stupid? Pat: You aren't going anywhere....Josh: Now, you shut up and listen here, this is on you and furthermore this is how it goes.....

SonOfLe-loLang
McDumbass needs to go. This is getting worse and worse each and every day.

"We are not trading Jay Cutler"

"Every player is not untradeable"

Hello people!? McDaniels doesnt even know where he stands.

This guy is on the verge of a mental breakdown.

FIRE HIM!

What the **** are you talking about? The two arent mutually exclusive, ya moron. Just because no player is untradeable, it doesnt mean they want to trade every player.

arghemtee
Young when not even employed by the Broncos flew to denver to weigh his options...he wasn't even employed by us. Jay was invited to have a meeting to clear the air, personally called by the coach and owner of the team and blew them off at every turn. At some point the employee has to learn who he works for and who is in charge, it aint jay.

Pay Bowlen said "Jay Cutler is the man around here now".

What is going on with that statement?

lex
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Pay Bowlen said "Jay Cutler is the man around here now".

What is going on with that statement?

If Bowlen said it, it means nothing. Just ask the Goodmans.

arghemtee
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
What the **** are you talking about? The two arent mutually exclusive, ya moron. Just because no player is untradeable, it doesnt mean they want to trade every player.

McDaniels is flip flopping.

He attempts to trade Cutler. FAIL!
He claims he never wanted to trade him.
He says that no one is untradeable.

He's inexperienced and it shows. He doesn't deserve to be in the city of Denver.

NFLBRONCO
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
What concerns me every fan wanted a tougher team that was pushed. Now we got a guy like that and everybody hates him. I guess fans really want a soft team.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
If Bowlen said it, it means nothing. Just ask the Goodmans.

I'd believe Bob before I'd believe Bowlen or McDaniels.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
McDaniels is flip flopping.

He attempts to trade Cutler. FAIL!
He claims he never wanted to trade him.
He says that no one is untradeable.

He's inexperienced and it shows. He doesn't deserve to be in the city of Denver.

Your 69 posts have really been all uniformly stupid.

broncofan2438
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
This is making me sick....

Taco John
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
This situation is the kind of thing I was concerned about when the idea of hiring Josh McDaniels first came up. Josh is getting on the job training on how to deal with sticky situations. He's making mistakes that have the potential to cost this team years of progress.

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
If Cutler doesn't report he will ruin his career. He has so much yet to learn he can't afford to miss coaching. This is a QB that has some problems with his game still at this point in his career.

He ruins a yr being a bitch Broncos just might let him rot by trading him to a loser franchise like Detroit. There he can rot in a crappy stadium, crappy city, and a crappy team.

If Cutler doesn't report Broncos should just write off Cutler and try to get a first round pick and a stud defensive player for him. If the team doesn't have a great player then 2 first round picks and a decent player.

Hey Cutler, How your ass taste?, you should know your head is so far up it.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
What concerns me every fan wanted a tougher team that was pushed. Now we got a guy like that and everybody hates him. I guess fans really want a soft team.

Is there really a correlation between mishandling situations with personnel and having a hard nosed team?

arghemtee
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Your 69 posts have really been all uniformly stupid.

Move along, troll.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
This situation is the kind of thing I was concerned about when the idea of hiring Josh McDaniels first came up. Josh is getting on the job training on how to deal with situations, and making mistakes that have the potential to cost this team the last two years of progress.

He's unbelievably bad at personal relations. He has no sense of timing or context or anything. This was a great chance to move forward and he pissed it away with his guns blazing approach. I can't believe how stupid this man is. I can't believe how flat out unintelligent he is. How sophomoric and amateurish he is. He's a ****ing clown and the players need to rise up against him. The fans need to rise up against him. Bowlen's wallet has to be threatened.

I can't even fathom how arrogant these people are. How stupid can Josh be? They better rise up agaisnt him. They need to mount a full scale insurrection against him. He's a scumbag.

slyinky
OK, I suggest we put an official moratorium on the football/office work place comparison. 1) If you get replaced in the office workplace, you probably arent keeping your salary. Not the case in football. 2) Getting traded, moving teams, is a well known part of the business because compensation is always involved.
I agree. It's more akin to a job transfer.

cutthemdown

It's more then that IMO. It's so bad they would rather lose with Shanny and Cutler, then take our lumps and build a team with real toughness. Cutler is showing why Mcdaniels questions his leadership abilities. Cutler is a friggin baby and acts like a spoiled little baby. All this for a guy who has won nothing in the NFL or college.

Cutler better get his ass on a friggin plane and get to ****ing work.

SonOfLe-loLang
Move along, troll.

I'm the troll? You dont even have your internet lingo right.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd believe Bob before I'd believe Bowlen or McDaniels.

Yeah, you pretty much have to cobble together what is being leaked by both sides. But out of all of it, the more telling thing is that sides are still leaking information. It seems to me that the FO leaked information about Jay and now he's served them their own medicine by revealing in some way what happened at the meeting. McDaniels is so in over his head on this stuff. The fact that he doesnt anticipate Jay reciprocating, just shows how green he is. But the fact that this kind of information is being leaked, just shows how out of hand this has become.

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Move along, troll.

Comical coming from you. So did you hit the hispanic or white woman? We have to know.

baja
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM

http://www.doney.net/aroundaz/celebrity/richardmnixon.jpg

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM

:rofl:

SonOfLe-loLang
He's unbelievably bad at personal relations. He has no sense of timing or context or anything. This was a great chance to move forward and he pissed it away with his guns blazing approach. I can't believe how stupid this man is. I can't believe how flat out unintelligent he is. How sophomoric and amateurish he is. He's a ****ing clown and the players need to rise up against him. The fans need to rise up against him. Bowlen's wallet has to be threatened.

I can't even fathom how arrogant these people are. How stupid can Josh be? They better rise up agaisnt him. They need to mount a full scale insurrection against him. He's a scumbag.

Your viewpoints on this have been so weird from go. Again, you are advocating chaos. Even if McDaniels is bad at personal relations, cutler has to EAT this. Regardless of personal opinion, McDaniels isn't being unfair here. Has he taken away Cutler's starting job? no. Has he taken away Jay money? Nope. So what's he done? He explored a trade and then told Cutler to show up to work.

Wow, yeah, call for a mutiny

Dagmar
Move along, troll.

http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/icon_uhoh.gif He's no troll you mong.

SoCalBronco

I'm not sure what your point is...other than the fact that you don't have one.

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
The thing is....everyone is taking sides here and we really don't have any idea what has been said, when it was said, and how it was said.

We get little bits of information from the media and form our opinion.

If we were a fly on the wall, we would have a lot better idea who was at fault, but for right now we just get little bits of second hand info.

Many of us just might change our tune if we really knew what was going on behind the scenes.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Your viewpoints on this have been so weird from go. Again, you are advocating chaos. Even if McDaniels is bad at personal relations, cutler has to EAT this.

No he doesn't. That approach would incentivize further morally blameworthy conduct on the part of McDaniels. It would make him feel that he could do whatever he wanted without the hint of consequence, no matter how stupid or how counterproductive it is.

He was willing to let the peacemaking begin and your boy started running his mouth. I hope you are proud of that.

Taco John
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
If Cutler doesn't report he will ruin his career.

No it wont. What are you talking about. Michael Vick is going to get a job when he comes back. Not reporting to a voluntary mini-camp isn't going to ruin Jay's career.

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Wrong Mcdaniels can't let Cutler think he is more important then any other player on the team. The only arrogance we need to worry about is Jay Cutlers. Players answer to coaches period. You respect your coach no matter what, he is your leader. Cutler wants his ass kissed? He can go and let his mom and dad do that, this is pro football and it's a cutthroat business.

If Mcdaniels had told jay, I would never trade you i promise, you are above being even mentioned in a trade, you are the Broncos, then I would be pissed. Screw that, I would tell Cutler get your ass to Denver and start working or we will plan on moving on without you.

Arkie
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
The first source says that Cutler was ready to put it behind him, but the second source said Cutler asked for a trade. I bet it went like this. Cutler: "Are you guys totally committed to me?" McDaniels was like "Yes, we are." Cutler: "You promise? I need a guaranatee you won't trade me." McD: "Well, nobody is untradable. Quit whining and be at camp Monday." Cutler: "I knew it! You guys better trade me now if you're not committed." Pat Bowlen: "Now, now, Jay, we are not trading you." Cutler: click

worm
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM

This is how to write an awesome meltdown post.

arghemtee
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
The thing is....everyone is taking sides here and we really don't have any idea what has been said, when it was said, and how it was said.

If we were a fly on the wall, we would have a lot better idea who was at fault, but for right now we just get little bits of second hand info.

Many of us just might change our tune if we really knew what was going on behind the scenes.

All you have to do is read what McDip**** has been saying. Below is the timeline of his quotes.

"No comment"
"We never wanted to trade Jay Cutler"
"No player is untradeable"

It's clear

baja
03-10-2009, 09:50 PM
He's unbelievably bad at personal relations. He has no sense of timing or context or anything. This was a great chance to move forward and he pissed it away with his guns blazing approach. I can't believe how stupid this man is.

Hallside

Could it be that you put Nixon on pedestal while denouncing McDaniels? That's kind of funny.

In terms of both ethics and competence, my money is on McDaniels over Nixon--for either job.

SonOfLe-loLang
No he doesn't. That approach would incentivize further morally blameworthy conduct on the part of McDaniels. It would make him feel that he could do whatever he wanted without the hint of consequence, no matter how stupid or how counterproductive it is.

He was willing to let the peacemaking begin and your boy started running his mouth. I hope you are proud of that.

Again, regardless of personal opinion, McDaniels has been hired as the decision maker. So regardless of your opinion of his style, he's done nothing to put his job in jeopardy or to deserve mutiny. Do I personally think he could have handled this better...of course...i think there's some blame on both sides.

SureShot

Whats the fun in that? Pick a side I say! Pick a side and defend it to your death!

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Is it that you put Nixon on pedestal while denouncing McDaniels? That's kind of funny.

In terms of both ethics and competence, my money is on McDaniels over Nixon--for either job.

Wow. I found someone dumber than Josh. I didn't think that was possible.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Taco John was right. You have deuling leaks and all of its probably true. But whats more telling isnt even what happened as much as its the fact that both camps have been and are leaking information. That alone shows how contentious this has become.

Popps
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
At least Cutler was coming into the call thinking it would be fixed, but I am guessing that McDaniels didn't make it seem like he couldn't be traded which probably pissed him off again..

Yea, well... college is over.

Jay's apparently having a much tougher go with big-boy land than most pros.

cutthemdown
No it wont. What are you talking about. Michael Vick is going to get a job when he comes back. Not reporting to a voluntary mini-camp isn't going to ruin Jay's career.

Cutler may bounce around and put up some numbers, but be a Jeff George type that never wins, and no one likes.

When i say ruin, I mean not become like Manning, Favre, Elway, you know the qbs Cutler already thinks he belongs in same sentence with.

Cutler has too much to learn to piss off 1-2 yrs playing games with the Broncos coaching staff and front office. For him to be really good he needs to be with coaches, learning how to look off defense, learning how to make more accurate deep throws, learning how to audible. Crap Cutler doesn't even have command of a the offense like Brees, Manning, Rivers etc do. I don't see Cutler audible out of bad plays to good plays like I do the other elite qbs. Shanny kept him on a leash, albeit a longer leash then Plummer but still a leash.

Cutler could learn so much from Mcdaniels but instead he wants to be a friggin spoiled child. I don't think a few missed days to make a point will ruin him, but if he holds out on training camp to force a trade, yes I think he ruins his career.

baja

I'm having a little fun while I try to figure what happened to a poster that I had considered one of the best here.

Requiem
SoCal, what if we get a **** ton of picks for Jay? Chances are his diabetes was gonna kick his ass in a few years and cause him to retire. If we can get a first rounder and some additional first day selections for this medical wreck, lets do it. We can have more fun making mock drafts. That is more important.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm having a little fun while I try to figure what happened to a poster that I had considered one of the best here.

I'm glad you found it amusing.

I didn't find it remotely amusing. I found it offensive.

SouthStndJunkie
These guys better find a way to make it work out.

If we trade Cutler and McDaniels falls flat on his face as a coach, the franchise will be set back for the next decade.

Those two douchebags better start getting along.

SonOfLe-loLang
SoCal, what if we get a **** ton of picks for Jay? Chances are his diabetes was gonna kick his ass in a few years and cause him to retire. If we can get a first rounder and some additional first day selections for this medical wreck, lets do it. We can have more fun making mock drafts. That is more important.

It is fun to speculate, isnt it:)

Requiem
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
It is fun to speculate, isnt it:)

If Jay gets traded and we get some quality selections, I am sending out e-mails to all of my professors letting them know that I will not be available or in class all of April. I am dead serious. I'd even contemplate dropping out. It'd be worth it.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
So it's the players' job to just be insubordinate when they don't like what their coach is doing?

SoCal, you're way wrong on this. Way, way wrong. Again the only player who is upset about this is Cutler. The rest of the team is buying in. Graham, Champ, Dawkins, Hillis, Marshall - everyone is buying in. Except drama queen Jay. This is a power play to either get traded or have more say. Either way, Cutler is wrong.

watermock
Cutler, Scheff, Marshall will all be gone soon.

Thats what you get by hieing an OC. I's going to be nintendo.

That means Hillis is a role player.

I dont know what to say about the defensive signs.

Bunch of crap imo.

Given our weak division and our hard NFC East sched.

I think 6-10 is optimistic.

Hallside

Stick up for that anti-semite **** (Nixon) all you want.

Do all people who are easily butthurt also take Jay's side in this, btw?

Rigs11
03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Can we trade cutler for cassell still?

garandman
Wrong Mcdaniels can't let Cutler think he is more important then any other player on the team. The only arrogance we need to worry about is Jay Cutlers. Players answer to coaches period. You respect your coach no matter what, he is your leader. Cutler wants his ass kissed? He can go and let his mom and dad do that, this is pro football and it's a cutthroat business.

If Mcdaniels had told jay, I would never trade you i promise, you are above being even mentioned in a trade, you are the Broncos, then I would be pissed. Screw that, I would tell Cutler get your ass to Denver and start working or we will plan on moving on without you.

The aggresive bravado by your thinking (and in this case McD) is the problem. The fact of the matter is JAY CUTLER is a pro-bowl QB in his third year and 25yrs old, and as much as people would like to think that every one is the same and everyone is equal, its all bs. Tell me another player on the team that has more value than him?

It's a given that ANY player is tradeable but you don't throw it in the face of your franchise, especially when you have no credibilty.. It makes you appear weak and insecure (quite the opposite from the intended action of acting tough)

Gcver2ver3

well he certainly isn't helping his career, thats for sure...

McD isn't exactly coming out of this fiasco unscathed but Cutler is REALLY making himself look like a punk...

Cutler had a good (but not great) year i give him that, but he clearly made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to walk around as if he is owed something...

he wants the Broncos to give him a long term deal?...for what?...we haven't even made the playoffs with him at the helm...

i've defended the guy long enough...

**he compares himself to Elway..(that was stupid)...
**he publicly called out his defense numerous times...(some leadership)...
**he goes to the media complaining about McDaniels...(great maturity)...

i'm not trying to be a Cutler basher, but at this point he needs to realize that he hasn't really accomplished anything yet...so why is it so unthinkable for him to be spoken of in trade talks?...don't complain about trust, it's not personal, it's business...

he wants McD to go kissing his butt?...it's not gonna happen, they're grown men and Cutler needs to understand that he needs to suck it up...

Northman
03-10-2009, 09:59 PM

Wow, so you disagree with one of his posts and now he is a crappy poster?

NFLBRONCO
Our D still sucks

halfcreek

You're as oblivious as Tricky.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Again...do we have any reliable sources saying this? ???

SoCalBronco
So it's the players' job to just be insubordinate when they don't like what their coach is doing?

SoCal, you're way wrong on this. Way, way wrong. Again the only player who is upset about this is Cutler. The rest of the team is buying in. Graham, Champ, Dawkins, Hillis, Marshall - everyone is buying in. Except drama queen Jay. This is a power play to either get traded or have more say. Either way, Cutler is wrong.

The issue isn't "buying in". It was widely reported that Jay had no problem buying into anything until he was lied to and now he's on this conference call and McD goes into "its your fault, im in charge, this is how it goes" mode. This whole act was horribly timed. It shows Josh has no sense of timing or people skills or anything.

Jay was ready to make peace and Caligula couldn't put his own ego in check.

Dagmar

To be fair he's had a bit of a crazy '09 so far...

Sassy
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM

Are you even a Bronco fan???

Requiem
The only thing Jay makes peace with is a bottle after he cries when he shoots up his insulin. Get it right, SoCal.

Northman
To be fair he's had a bit of a crazy '09 so far...

I think its been crazy for everyone but i wouldnt stoop to that level and claim he isnt a good poster over it. Thats just ridiculous.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Do you ever have anything relevant to say? Seriously. GTFO.

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Cutler, Scheff, Marshall will all be gone soon.

Thats what you get by hieing an OC. I's going to be nintendo.

That means Hillis is a role player.

I dont know what to say about the defensive signs.

Bunch of crap imo.

Given our weak division and our hard NFC East sched.

I think 6-10 is optimistic.

These defenesive guys aren't supposed to be the answer. We have to build through good drafts. All Broncos did was cut crappy players, and maybe replace them with some guys who were slightly better.

There just wasn't much available in FA in terms of young talent with upside. The ones that did have that got tagged.

6-10 may be optimistic, if true why coddle a friggin baby like Cutler. We may be so bad it doesn't matter who plays QB, we miss playoffs again. Cutler is not a great QB, people need to get over thinking his game is polished.

Dagmar
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? - John Lennon

http://i39.tinypic.com/291mahf.gif

rugbythug
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
The issue isn't "buying in". It was widely reported that Jay had no problem buying into anything until he was lied to and now he's on this conference call and McD goes into "its your fault, im in charge, this is how it goes" mode. This whole act was horribly timed. It shows Josh has no sense of timing or people skills or anything.

Yeah Jay wanted to make peace but he wanted it on his terms. That is not how it works. Coaches tell players what to do. When you get it twisted then you end up with an even worse situation.

SoCal- What do you do for a living? Are you a Owner/Manager or an employee.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Do you ever have anything relevant to say? Seriously. GTFO.

A lot more than you do that's for sure.
But NM get back to your BS. You're not worth it.

baja
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM

Good!

Nixon got alot of good men killed and I find it offensive every time I see that lying prick and it should not be allowed as a sig. on a football forum Señor Mod...

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM

People who could care less about the individual players are the true fans. I could care less whose in the unis, just play good football and sell out for the Broncos. I mean sell out like Mecklenburgh, blood all over you and loving it. Like Dan Neil who would chop block a dude and laugh at him as he squirmed in agony.

Cutler is acting like a punk, not a Bronco. Sure sometimes your coach is a jerk, but who cares, the fans love you, that's all that matters. You play for the city, the fans, your teammates etc etc. Sure at some point a team comes together and plays for the coach as well, but you never tell the fans, the city, you may not show up.

Screw him, go Broncos, **** all other teams, all other players not in a Denver Broncos helmet. In fact I love it when Broncos hurt other players. Go out and hurt some ****ers this yr and let people know Broncos are a ****ing hard ass football team again. We will bust you in the kneecap, poke you in the eye, and we could care less who our QB is.

halfcreek
03-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Glad you know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me "I am not a crook."

SouthStndJunkie
Understatement of year: This board has a flair for the dramatic.

lex

Nice...and Bowlen is Nero.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
A lot more than you do that's for sure.
But NM get back to your BS. You're not worth it.

You always say I'm not worth it, but always respond to what I have to say?

Here's a solution: Ignore me.

I'm sure a lot of posters here are looking forward to your discussions on Denver Broncos football and the NFL Draft. Oh wait. . .

Taco John
People who could care less about the individual players are the true fans.

Uh oh. This team is being infected with "TruFan" syndrome. A serious sign of regression.

Requiem
Nice...and Bowlen is Nero.

When's the fag gonna burn the city down?

bowtown
03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm starting to think that Cooke and Cutler are happy playing this up. I think he wants a trade.

Shoemaker
03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Jeez, and I remember last week when I thought if they got a chance to talk that it would end the drama, not create more.

Ok, I gotta say, I'm having a hard time seeing where McDaniels is in the wrong here. I know that he could have handled the whole "trade" thing better, but I still trust Schefter over any other news source, and Schefter expressly said McDaniels only listened to offers, not tried to trade Jay.

And if that's the case, to be perfectly honest, that's good. I don't want Jay traded, but when you have as many holes as this team has you listen to every offer that comes down the pipe.

I can see where Jay would be getting mixed signals, but that's no reason to refuse to meet your coach and not return calls from the owner the team you work for, if the rumours that Jay didn't return Pat's calls are true.

Because like it or not, Pat hired McDaniels as the head coach. That makes him Jay's superior in this organization. I'm not quite sure I understand why people are saying McDaniels should have flown to Nashville to meet with Jay. After all, he has a team to run. He's working in free agency and negotiationg deals and trying to get contracts hammered out-it sends entirely the wrong message for the coach to drop everything and go meet with a player.

As for this call, was anybody here seriously expecting that it would be a "kiss and make up" affair? As much as I love Jay and want him on this team-and believe me, I do-he can't have the impression that he's bigger than the team. It sounds to me like McDaniels tried to make that clear, and that's where he and Jay clashed. I'm afraid Jay needs to understand that this is a business, and he is tradeable as much as anybody else.

Though to be honest I'm perplexed why the phone call ended badly. It was reported that Pat Bowlen specifically told Jay he wouldn't be traded. How is hearing it from the owner himself not good enough? If you don't trust the owner of your team's word, you're not setting yourself up well.

I don't think Jay will be traded. I certainly hope he'll be starting for us next year. I'm also pretty sure he'll show up at camp-if he's consistent in all in what he's said so far he cares too much about his teammates to leave them high and dry like that.

I always say I want an exciting offseason, but after this mess I'm starting to miss when we were quiet.

Kid A
03-10-2009, 10:16 PM

There are consequences--winning or losing games. Bowlen has obviously given McD a fair amount of power here. A player throwing a fit is not going to change that. Whether Cutler decides to go along with McD or continues to "stand his ground" will not make any difference in how much power McDaniels has right now. Bowlen has given the "morally blameworthy conduct" his stamp of approval. McD will feel like he can do whatever he wants no matter what Cutler does because he can.

Like it or not, Bowlen will probably let McDaniels do pretty much whatever he wants for a while. If McD wins lots of games, he will continue to have that freedom. If not, he will lose that freedom and his job. That simple.

Like most of us fans, I'm sure Bowlen would really prefer Cutler stay on board, but he has also chosen his coach, and no attempted player revolt will change that. McD can do what he wants for the immediate future. Bowlen will only begin to judge his job security once games start being played.

baja
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM

Who said it was one post you blow in here with all the answers but you are out of touch, anyway don't you have another board that you need to go to

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM

Pot I would like you to meet kettle. Your points have been tired and lame since they fired Shanny and hired McDaniels. You are just using this to make a case because they hired someone other than Shanahan. I hope they trade DJ because then you won't have any reason to root for the Broncos and your pathetic rants will go away. I would love to put you on ignore but TJ is too arrogant to allow Mods to be put on ignore. :strong:

*Yes I know mods can't go on ignore no matter what but I just wanted to call TJ arrogant!

Sassy
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
You always say I'm not worth it, but always respond to what I have to say?

Here's a solution: Ignore me.

I'm sure a lot of posters here are looking forward to your discussions on Denver Broncos football and the NFL Draft. Oh wait. . .

Hmmm looking at the pm's I have when you, Florida and I were discussing crap about Marshall...yeah, whatever you say Req.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Hmmm looking at the pm's I have when you, Florida and I were discussing crap about Marshall...yeah, whatever you say Req.

I'd compare my rep comments to your PM's :approve:

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Who cares about ****ing Nixon? He's friggin dead. Besides the Broncos are falling apart and I could care less about politics compared to that. Cutler is the one ruining the team not Mcdaniels. Cutler has acted like a little baby since Shanny got canned.

worm
03-10-2009, 10:22 PM
People who could care less about the individual players are the true fans.

Please take a seat over there with Bronco7.

HEAV
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Uh oh. This team is being infected with "TruFan" syndrome. A serious sign of regression.

No one circle-jerks the homer-wagons like Taco John

Sassy
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd compare my rep comments to your PM's :approve:

Yeah well, I'd take old time maners vs. your little friends like Req reps/comments anyday.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah well, I'd take old time maners vs. your little friends like Req reps/comments anyday.

I got plenty of both :-*

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM

Well Req and Florida have more knowlege in their pinkies about football than a lot of old timers. So not sure what your argument is.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
That she has online internet friends. Good for her. I have real life friends and ball out in reality. I'm sure the online comfort rocks though.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Well Req and Florida have more knowlege in their pinkies about football than a lot of old timers. So not sure what your argument is.

I can't help that I was born ****ing awesome. My parents didn't even name me. I wrote/signed my ****ing birth certificate myself and checked myself out of the hospital. Cut my own umbilical cord too. Slapped a nurses ass with it. We hooked up 18 years down the road when I graduated from high school. What a ride.

HEAV
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh great there goes avatar's... next will be Sig's.

TJ needs to call Aussie-land and get the kangaroo back on the treadmill and crank up more juice for this place!

-----

Got to admit it's wild seeing the former factions of TJ's club split off and go toe to toe with each other. Not to mention see some former great posters turn into wackjobs.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
That she has online internet friends. Good for her. I have real life friends and ball out in reality. I'm sure the online comfort rocks though.

Hey you can't fault people because they are socially inept. I mean seriously we wouldn't have a board if TJ could interact socially or SoCal could live in reality. :spit: 8')

Florida_Bronco

Thanks for the compliment buddy, but to be fair I've learned alot from the old timers. :sunshine:

Requiem
Oh great their goes avatar's... next will be Sig's.

TJ needs to call Aussie-land and get the kangaroo back on the treadmill and crank up more juice for this place!

I wonder how much faster the site would run if we got rid of Sassy's posts. That's like 34,000 or so. That's gotta help out some. Do it.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey you can't fault people because they are socially inept. I mean seriously we wouldn't have a board if TJ could interact socially or SoCal could live in reality. :spit: 8')

SoCal just sent me a MHS salute where he said he might not even watch the draft this year. I am ****ing worried about him. Those are words of blasphemy. I can't believe it. I am going to Minneapolis for a few days for Spring Break, and probably Chicago for a few others -- but I think I am taking a flight out to California to make sure he is all right. SoCal is starting to slip. . . and I'm not sure if there is anyone but me or a hooker who can break his fall.

I won't speak on TJ. Dude runs a good website. Just needs more server power.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Bury his ass in Detroit.

brncobrett
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM

I must agree it's getting real old...

Sassy
A lot of posts are from doing play by play...for people who couldn't see the game that appreciated it...but then again, you wouldn't know what that is would you?

Requiem
Bury his ass in Detroit.

Good idea. Detroit is a ****hole. Not even sure he could get his medication there. Let him rot. **** Jay.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
A lot of posts are from doing play by play...for people who couldn't see the game that appreciated it...but then again, you wouldn't know what that is would you?

I know what play-by-play is. I actually participated in sports and called some games back in high school. Know what else is cool? I can walk, text and chew bubble gum at the same time. How many of those do you have down? My guess is one, and I'm not even sure about that.

montrose
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Lombardi just reported that he spoke to a "team source with inside knowledge of the call" and that McDaniels reiterated the team has no plans to trade Cutler and he is expected to meet with McDaniels in person when he reports Monday to move along the process.

Lombardi said Cutler is still unsure if he'll attend Monday.

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 10:38 PM
SoCal just sent me a MHS salute where he said he might not even watch the draft this year. I am ****ing worried about him. Those are words of blasphemy. I can't believe it. I am going to Minneapolis for a few days for Spring Break, and probably Chicago for a few others -- but I think I am taking a flight out to California to make sure he is all right. SoCal is starting to slip. . . and I'm not sure if there is anyone but me or a hooker who can break his fall.

I won't speak on TJ. Dude runs a good website. Just needs more server power.

SoCal said that? Crap, I may have to fly out there with ya to help talk him off the ledge.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
I meant appreciate it.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the compliment buddy, but to be fair I've learned alot from the old timers. :sunshine:

Yes old timers that have since long left this site. There is a lot to be learned from them. I don't disagree with that.

HEAV
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Bury his ass in Detroit.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2324785&postcount=23

Florida_Bronco
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Yes old timers that have since long left this site. There is a lot to be learned from them. I don't disagree with that.

That is true. We've lost alot of great posters.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Why didn't Dungy pull the same crap in Indy with Manning when he came on board.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM

Yeah its sad.

Dagmar
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM

Don't worry, I'm still here!

Hallside
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Good!

Nixon got alot of good men killed and I find it offensive every time I see that lying prick and it should not be allowed as a sig. on a football forum Señor Mod...

Not to mention he was a rabid anti-semite, a true sign of mental disturbance.

titan
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Lombardi just reported that he spoke to a "team source with inside knowledge of the call" and that McDaniels reiterated the team has no plans to trade Cutler and he is expected to meet with McDaniels in person when he reports Monday to move along the process.

Lombardi said Cutler is still unsure if he'll attend Monday.

That's what I heard from Lombardi, too. This column from Burger Bill on the ESPN site tonight is similar:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1746/Key-for-Broncos-is-to-get-Cutler-to-show-up-Monday.html

Key for Broncos: Get Cutler to show up Monday

March 10, 2009 11:31 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

OK, the Jay Cutler-Denver Broncos situation has taken a step back.

The two sides spoke via conference call Monday and according to a source familiar with the phone call, it did not go well.

The conversation was supposed to be a clearing of the air after the Broncos engaged in trade talks Feb. 28. However, the rift grew bigger when the phone conversation became contentious.

Sources said the Broncos approached Cutler as if he was the one who started the trade talks and informed him that they have no plans of trading him but that they can trade him at any time.

The next step in this saga will be Monday when the Broncos start their offseason workout program. A source close to the situation said Cutler has not decided if he will attend or not. If he doesn't it will be a clear sign to the Broncos that there are legitimate problems.

The Broncos will be in trouble if Cutler isn't there because the team needs all of its players, particularly its quarterback, to be present to start the Josh McDaniels era. It is a new system and if Cutler is not there for every minute of the offseason, even the conditioning portion, the team will take a major step backward.

If Cutler doesn't show up, it could prompt Denver to renew trade talks. The problem for Denver is that it has no answers other than Cutler at quarterback. New backup quarterback Chris Simms isn't the answer.

If Denver does end up trading Cutler it will need to either get a quarterback in return (who?) or get a high draft choice and pick a rookie quarterback. That would be starting over.
However, after the latest turn in this saga, starting over might be easier.

It seems what most bothers Cutler after the conference call is that Denver is treating him as if he was the one who initiated this saga. There is a major trust issue, and if Cutler decides not to show up for offseason workouts Monday, there will be another rift in this already tense situation.

The Broncos may want it to be over, but it is nowhere near being over.

Requiem
03-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I meant appreciate it.

Well, I don't appreciate bad play-by-play. I like the good stuff.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 10:58 PM
according to a source familiar with the phone call

That is one hell of a source!

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
My wife doesn't even hold grudges this long.

Gcver2ver3
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Nfl.com's article is slightly different than ESPN's...taking it at face value continues to pit Cutler in a poor light...

Wednesday, March 11 2009 Official Blog of the National Football League

Cutler unmoved by talk with McDaniels,

The Denver Post reports that while the Broncos feel a conference call between coach Josh McDaniels and quarterback Jay Cutler went smoothly, a source close to Cutler claims he came away questioning whether or not he will be with the club by the draft on April 25.

The newspaper reports that the meeting did not go as Cutler had hoped and that he is undecided about attending the team’s offseason workout program, which starts next Monday. If Cutler does not report, the newspaper says, “he would be viewed as undermining McDaniels’ authority,” and could force the franchise’s hand.

According to the newspaper’s sources, Cutler is unhappy because McDaniels reportedly reiterated to him that no one is untradable for the sake of improving the team.

Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano was contacted by The Associated Press and said, “Josh McDaniels and Jay Cutler spoke on a conference call Monday and the Broncos look forward to talking to Jay in the future and certainly face to face.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/10/cutler-mcdaniels-make-first-step-towards-perestroika/

Taco John
03-10-2009, 11:06 PM

Are you really this insecure in your arguments that you have to make it personal against the people who disagree with what you believe?

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Because Cutler is a petulant child. Cutler is going to end up looking like the bad guy in the long run.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Are you really this insecure in your arguments that you have to make it personal against the people who disagree with what you believe?

Um you called me a queen. Thus the reason I posted this. Maybe its because I have had about 4 hours sleep in 4 days because my daughter is sick but I thought you took it personal.

Popps
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Why didn't Dungy pull the same crap in Indy with Manning when he came on board.

Again, you have no basis in fact to say that he's "pulling crap."

He heard a trade offer, then declined it. Anything else is meaningless speculation.

He refuses to crawl on his knees to mend the tender feelings of an egomaniac quarterback.

More power to him.

bpc
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I love Jay, I think he's historically going to be a very good/great QB when it's all said and done IF he can stay healthy for his career.

At this point we're f'd. Cutler's pissed, Bowlen has put his few millions, mouth, and team behind McBastard and Colonel Zanders. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we're going to be in for some long lean years in the future. We'll take on a small market approach with this overblown, arrogant attitude from our midget arrogant headcoach and he'll probably be run out of town within two or three years.

The only thing that would make me feel better is if Cutler lands in a great situation for himself. Maybe a team like Minny, Chicago or Detroit.

As crazy as it sounds I could see Denver try to flip Cutler to Carolina in a package deal for Julius Peppers.

Either way, I could easily root for Cutler on the side of Denver. Hopefully he gets his chance to shine outside of this stupid situation McFuggit has created.

yerner
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll have to agree with the idea that Cutler has decided he does not want to play for Mcdanband and the Broncos any longer. He's trying to get out now. I won't blame him. Maybe he just doesn't like the guy. So I've settled on becoming a Mcdaniels fan?

I simply cannot fathom the era of Chris Simms or the insults I'll endure from my ****head friends.

scttgrd
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I can see why some people have left this forum. Sad to think we are all Bronco fans.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Again, you have no basis in fact to say that he's "pulling crap."

He heard a trade offer, then declined it. Anything else is meaningless speculation.

He refuses to crawl on his knees to mend the tender feelings of an egomaniac quarterback.

More power to him.

You can buy into "we heard the offer and declined it" talk all you want. I think our HC got hoodwinked, and now he has about 240 pounds of egg on his face.

Arkie
03-10-2009, 11:18 PM
We're still tied for first place! :)

Popps
03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
You can buy into "we heard the offer and declined it" talk all you want. I think our HC got hoodwinked, and now he has about 240 pounds of egg on his face.

You can choose to believe nonsense if you'd like.

lex
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM

You should take your own advice.

wolf754life
03-10-2009, 11:30 PM
cutler has informed the team he wants out...........

now the team is trying to gauge the market.

this situation is irreparable.

I posted this on monday............after the call.............and here is the response i get.

"Can't wait to hear from more unnamed, anonymous sources on this matter"

keep doubting the wolf guys.

well done.

scttgrd
03-10-2009, 11:30 PM

There is more going on than either side is willing to admit, you just seem to be swallowing your prefered flavor of BS. There are plenty of coaches out there looking for work, and some damn good ones available. How many NFL calibre starting QB's are sitting around waiting for a chance to play?

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
We can always rely on the men at the top to smooth things over when Cutler is willing to let bygones be bygones.

Seriously, SoCal, how the hell do you know Jay wanted to "let bygones be bygones?" From where I sit, based on Jay's attitude so far, I think he wanted McD and company to suck his little adolescent pecker and they refused to do it.

The fact of the matter is, you didn't like the McD hire from day one and are going to spin everything to shed a poor light on him, reason be damned.

Oops. Like I said McDaniels needs to learn people skills. It's not "attack" mode all the time. This was a great oppurtunity to show he could be a peacemaker and apparently Jay was ready for that, until they ****ed it up. Again. Outstanding work.

LOL McD needs to learn people skills?! Seriously, you have gone off the deep end. Jay is the one being the petulant baby here. He could have squashed this whole thing day one by saying, "You know what, I don't like the rumors, but I am still a Bronco and plan to move forward working with coach McD to win a championship." Like it or not, McD is the authority figure here, as it should be, and Jay needs to know his goddamn role and shut the **** up. He's got a contract with the club that binds him to try his best and play well for them, and that allows them to trade him if they ****ing want to. If he wants to leave when is contract is up, fine, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Taco John
03-10-2009, 11:31 PM

I don't think it's nonsense at all. I know the Broncos are selling the idea that they were innocent bystanders who just had some deals sprung on them, but I don't believe it. I think that these developments and offers took time to build up to, especially as much as it looked like we were going to get through the Detroit deal. That deal didn't just materialize - no way in hell do I believe that. That was a hell of an effort to put together. And good for Josh for exploring it. I don't blame him in the least for that part of it.

My problem is how he reacted - like he had something to hide - rather than being up front and honest with Jay from the get go. And then when Jay finds out about it through back channels, for the organization to put their failure in his lap and try and paint him as bad a guy as possible. That's a piss poor way to treat your players, and it's going to affect locker room morale.

Everyone can see how split the fan base is on this, and it's surely this split in the locker room too. Some will be with Jay, some will be with the coach. It's a bad foot to get off on. Inexperience has won the day here.

Bottom line, this marriage isn't going to work. We have little choice now but to trade Jay and cut our losses. This will mean we won't get value for him that we should get. But we'll at least get something. Maybe we can start fresh with Chris Simms carrying us for a season, and Matt Stafford training under him.

Welcome to the Pat Bowlen era. He's taken control of his team alright.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
What makes what you have to say more truthful? All Im saying as we could have brought anyother coach in this year and landed the same FAs we have now and not be going through this crap with Cutler. The way I see it only TWO damn teams even wanted to be involved with getting Cassel from the Pats and its a shocker that BOTH those teams have former Pats front office running the show.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:35 PM

That fact of the matter is, neither side knows any of the facts, including you. Some of us are willing to do the sensible thing and give McD the benefit of the doubt. Others--i.e. babies like Jay Cutler and yourself--choose to senselessly believe hearsay sans actual verifiable facts.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think it's nonsense at all. I know the Broncos are selling the idea that they were innocent bystanders who just had some deals sprung on them, but I don't believe it. I think that these developments and offers took time to build up to, especially as much as it looked like we were going to get through the Detroit deal. That deal didn't just materialize - no way in hell do I believe that. That was a hell of an effort to put together. And good for Josh for exploring it. I don't blame him in the least for that part of it.

My problem is how he reacted - like he had something to hide - rather than being up front and honest with Jay from the get go. And then when Jay finds out about it through back channels, for the organization to put their failure in his lap and try and paint him as bad a guy as possible. That's a piss poor way to treat your players, and it's going to affect locker room morale.

Everyone can see how split the fan base is on this, and it's surely this split in the locker room too. Some will be with Jay, some will be with the coach. It's a bad foot to get off on. Inexperience has won the day here.

Bottom line, this marriage isn't going to work. We have little choice now but to trade Jay and cut our losses. This will mean we won't get value for him that we should get. But we'll at least get something. Maybe we can start fresh with Chris Simms carrying us for a season, and Matt Stafford training under him.

Welcome to the Pat Bowlen era. He's taken control of his team alright.

The fact of the matter is you hated the Shanny fire from the beginning and were going to spin negatively the moves of any coach Bowlen hired. That's just the stone cold reality. Not a single thing you said above is anything but speculation that you've chosen to accept because it fits in with your narrow minded view. Your words taken with a grain of salt.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
That fact of the matter is, neither side knows any of the facts, including you. Some of us are willing to do the sensible thing and give McD the benefit of the doubt. Others--i.e. babies like Jay Cutler and yourself--choose to senselessly believe hearsay sans actual verifiable facts.

:thumbsup: I love it the sensible thing is to give Mcd the benefit of the doubt but NEITHER side knows any fact.

broncolife
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
He could have squashed this whole thing day one by saying, "You know what, I don't like the rumors, but I am still a Bronco and plan to move forward working with coach McD to win a championship." Like it or not, McD is the authority figure here, as it should be, and Jay needs to know his goddamn role and shut the **** up. He's got a contract with the club that binds him to try his best and play well for them, and that allows them to trade him if they ****ing want to. If he wants to leave when is contract is up, fine, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

umm he basically did say that but he gave a little more detail. He also said their was no point to a meeting, the FO are the ones that wanted it. Mcdaniels could have squashed the rumors when he was asked about it. Xanders said we had no intention of trading Cutler and if you ask Mcdaniels he will say the same thing. But Mcdaniels made Xanders look like a fool by giving the answer no Comment.

Popps
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
What makes what you have to say more truthful?

It's not that it's truthful. The truth is... there IS NO truth, here. You can't find two people to say the same thing happened, except that ALL PARTIES reporting on this, including the club... say that Denver did not initiate trade talks.

So, you're just making up a story that you want to believe. That's fine, just to try to piss down people's legs and tell them it's raining.

The way I see it only TWO damn teams even wanted to be involved with getting Cassel from the Pats and its a shocker that BOTH those teams have former Pats front office running the show.

Well, I'm sure others were involved, obviously.

But, your point is interesting.

Basically, you're saying that the two other people in the league besides Bill B. who saw this guy play up close every day BOTH wanted to make a move for him, or at least considered one.

I wonder if maybe that means there's something to this kid?

I think there is, and I think we're going to be somewhat sorry he went to K.C., as much as I hate to say that. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

RWill21
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
:thumbsup: I love it the sensible thing is to give Mcd the benefit of the doubt but NEITHER side knows any fact.

Exactly.

This quote sums it up..

Seriously, SoCal, how the hell do you know Jay wanted to "let bygones be bygones?" From where I sit, based on Jay's attitude so far, I think he wanted McD and company to suck his little adolescent pecker and they refused to do it.

So, basically.."stop making stupid assumptions about something you know nothing about! so, here's what I assume happened.." seems to be the rally cry of the McDickhead supporters.

Taco John
03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
The fact of the matter is you hated the Shanny fire from the beginning and were going to spin negatively the moves of any coach Bowlen hired. That's just the stone cold reality. You words taken with a grain of salt.

It's fine with me that you think that. It's not true, but I'm not going to waste any of my time arguing against it.

I am just calling it like I see it, and it looks to me like an inexperienced coach making decisions that paint himself and others into corners at a time when they should be working from the same page.

Whatever happens here, this situation is going to define Josh McDaniels, and every win or loss will be measured by how he handles this situation. I don't like it any more than anyone else does.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:44 PM
umm he basically did say that but he gave a little more detail. He also said their was no point to a meeting, the FO are the ones that wanted it. Mcdaniels could have squashed the rumors when he was asked about it. Xanders said we had no intention of trading Cutler and if you ask Mcdaniels he will say the same thing. But Mcdaniels made Xanders look like a fool by giving the answer no Comment.

Um, no he didn't say that. He said there is nothing to talk about, which anyone with a brain knows is him sulking in hopes that they will start sucking his little pecker to make him feel like a big man again.

lex
03-10-2009, 11:45 PM
It's not that it's truthful. The truth is... there IS NO truth, here. You can't find two people to say the same thing happened, except that ALL PARTIES reporting on this, including the club... say that Denver did not initiate trade talks.

So, you're just making up a story that you want to believe. That's fine, just to try to piss down people's legs and tell them it's raining.

Basically, you're saying that the two other people in the league besides Bill B. who saw this guy play up close every day BOTH wanted to make a move for him, or at least considered one.

I think there is, and I think we're going to be somewhat sorry he went to K.C., as much as I hate to say that. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

I hope youre not talking about Schefter. Because youd be wrong. Schefter never actually reported objectively that the team did not initiate trade talks. He only said that this is the FO's story. So, according to you, what the team tells the media becomes multiple sources once the media reports it even when the information is attributed to the team. Good grief.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Exactly.

This quote sums it up..

So, basically.."stop making stupid assumptions about something you know nothing about! so, here's what I assume happened.." seems to be the rally cry of the McDickhead supporters.

Hey dimwit...perhaps irony escapes you, but I was inverting his argument to reveal its absurdity. Try reading in context, pal.

lex
03-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Um, no he didn't say that. He said there is nothing to talk about, which anyone with a brain knows is him sulking in hopes that they will start sucking his little pecker to make him feel like a big man again.

Did that go on when you were in prison?

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 11:48 PM

We will see how Cassel does now that he doesn't have a D keeping teams under 20 points per game. I don't think he can win a game on his own. I just feel that teams have all offseason to break down film about him and will get a better feel about him ala Anderson, not that Anderson is bad I think he is an above avg QB but the more they have to see flaws in your game the better. I mean teams didn't even have college film to break down of Cassel.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Did that go on when you were in prison?

No, thankfully you distracted them with your "drop the soap" tease.

BroncoMan4ever
03-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Jay is in charge, and right now the team needs to be bending over backwards doing whatever it takes to get him back on the same page with the team.
we can do fine with Dennison or someone else taking over the coaching job if it went that far(not saying it will or should), but take away Jay and the 8-8 seasons we were pissed about will look like dream seasons for the next few years at least, and in the process of looking like **** because we tossed aside a FRANCHISE QB, McDouche will not be finishing his deal with the Broncos, and won't be getting any other offers to be a HC for a long time if ever.

McDouche needs to learn, Jay holds the keys to his career right now. McDouche can trade Jay and in 2 years Jay will hit FA and end up with a team and coach that will appreciate his ability. Jay on the other hand if traded will set this team back a few years at least, and in the process make McDouche look just like another useless hack from the Patriots assistant tree who failed as a HC.

BroncoInferno
03-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Jay is in charge, and right now the team needs to be bending over backwards doing whatever it takes to get him back on the same page with the team.
we can do fine with Dennison or someone else taking over the coaching job if it went that far(not saying it will or should), but take away Jay and the 8-8 seasons we were pissed about will look like dream seasons for the next few years at least, and in the process of looking like **** because we tossed aside a FRANCHISE QB, McDouche will not be finishing his deal with the Broncos, and won't be getting any other offers to be a HC for a long time if ever.

McDouche needs to learn, Jay holds the keys to his career right now. McDouche can trade Jay and in 2 years Jay will hit FA and end up with a team and coach that will appreciate his ability. Jay on the other hand if traded will set this team back a few years at least, and in the process make McDouche look just like another useless hack from the Patriots assistant tree who failed as a HC.

Wow. One of the more hysterical, clueless posts I've ever read on this board. Thank sweet baby jesus with his porcelain diapers that you have no say over the franchise. You'd hand the keys to the franchise over to a 25 year old crybaby player, NBA style.

ZONA
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
That statement was sorta vague. There's probably alot of fill stuff that we don't know. I assume Jay was looking for a good ole "your our guy" speech since McD stated he was NOT going to be traded and maybe it was McD just stating that "nobody is above the team, we can trade anybody at anytime" just to reassure Jay that he is in charge and it doesn't matter if he tried to trade him for Cassel or not. He might of been a little miffed that Jay never showed up to Dave Valley also.

I think this is nothing more then last minute pushing back and forth. Sorta like when a fight is broken up, how you might just nudge shoulders after you have thrown your blows because you don't want the other guy thinking you gave in and that you are still a little miffed. :strong:

broncolife
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=53858@kcnc.dayport.com

Q-Can you comeback and play for coach Mcdaniels?Do you guys need to sit down and discuss this?

Jay-I dont think there is anything to discuss at this point.I think everyone knows what happend. Everyone important and involved knows what happend.Im sure we are going to hear alot of different stories in the next couple days. I think my teammates offensively know what happend and we are going to move on and try to learn this new offense and see if we can get the superbowl and the playoffs.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Wow. One of the more hysterical, clueless posts I've ever read on this board. Thank sweet baby jesus with his porcelain diapers that you have no say over the franchise. You'd hand the keys to the franchise over to a 25 year old crybaby player, NBA style.

Well hell you handed the keys over to a uproven 32 year old coach with a god complex, Hittler style. Has any coach that left NE even have a winning record? Hell only Wies made it longer then 3 years and he should have been the first one fired. :rofl:

watermock
03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE][He refuses to crawl on his knees to mend the tender feelings of an egomaniac quarterback.

More power to him./QUOTE]

That's why he signed with Vandy in the SEC. Right popps?

Jay has played the underdog all his life.

He had at his command the top 2 offense in the NFL, sans RB and even a defense that couldnt get 3 stops a game.

Josh is going to tear up this offense, while the D is left to Nolan.

Totally counter intuitive.

Spags would of brought the NFC East defense.And a better it for personell.

We have 2 de's. Thomas and Peterson.

Our current DE's are undersized and unskiiled at :LB duties.

Not only that, we brought in scrubs.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:12 AM

i am not saying turn the franchise over to Jay. i am simply saying that right now and for the immediate future Jay is more important to this franchise, than a guy with less than 3 months of experience at his current job who has yet to coach a single practice, let alone game.

if Jay is traded, we will be lucky to finish 6-10 in any of the next few seasons. but if Dennison or someone else takes over coaching duties and mends fences with Jay and Jay remains in Denver, we can only get better.

best case scenario if Jay is traded, we get Stafford, Sanchez or Freeman and by the end of the year, he is ready enough to take over the QB position from Simms and finally in 3 years he knows the entire system and is ready to take the next step and lead the team. While in the process of getting that guy ready we have Simms taking the snaps for us, and unlike Jay, he isn't talented enough to navigate a team with no defense.

Jay is more important to us than McDouche. if McDouche is let go, more than likely Dennison steps in and fills the role of HC for at least 1 season, as no one is available and Bowlen won't pay 3 HC. if Dennison steps in, the offensive system basically stays the same from last season, Cutler is happy again(i could actually care less about his feelings) and the team builds on the one good thing we had last season the offense and it's QB.

also, if Jay is let go, in 2 years he will still cash in as a FA, but the Broncos will still be looking for a QB or will still be trying to get the new QB ready and more than likely McDouche will be on his way out for making Shanahan's last 3 years look like super bowl years.

People who say Jay needs to stop whining, need to realize, Jay is the single most important person on the payroll of the Denver Broncos, and without him, we will be no better than the Chiefs or Raiders.

BroncoInferno
03-11-2009, 12:16 AM
i am not saying turn the franchise over to Jay. i am simply saying Jay is more important to this franchise right now, than a guy with less than 3 months of experience at his current job who has yet to coach a single practice, let alone game.

if Jay is traded, we will be lucky to finish 6-10 in any of the next few seasons. but if Dennison or someone else takes over coaching duties and mends fences with Jay and Jay remains in Denver, we can only get better.

best case scenario if Jay is traded, we get Stafford, Sanchez or Freeman and by the end of the year, he is ready enough to take over the QB position from Simms and finally in 3 years he knows the entire system and is ready to take the next step and lead the team. While in the process of getting that guy ready we have Simms taking the snaps for us, and unlike Jay, he isn't talented enough to navigate a team with no defense.

Jay is more important to us than McDouche. if McDouche is let go, more than likely Dennison steps in and fills the role of HC for at least 1 season, as no one is available and Bowlen won't pay 3 HC. if Dennison steps in, the offensive system basically stays the same from last season, Cutler is happy again(i could actually care less about his feelings) and the team builds on the one good thing we had last season the offense and it's QB.

also, if Jay is let go, in 2 years he will still cash in as a FA, but the Broncos will still be looking for a QB or will still be trying to get the new QB ready and more than likely McDouche will be on his way out for making Shanahan's last 3 years look like super bowl years.

People who say Jay needs to stop whining, need to realize, Jay is the single most important person on the payroll of the Denver Broncos, and without him, we will be no better than the Chiefs or Raiders.

I hope you lubed up before that ridiculous post. No player is above the franchise. Period. Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about football.

BroncoInferno
03-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Well hell you handed the keys over to a uproven 32 year old coach with a god complex, Hittler style. Has any coach that left NE even have a winning record? Hell only Wies made it longer then 3 years and he should have been the first one fired. :rofl:

You've just proved your lazy intellect by falling into the "oh, three prior NE assistants didn't do well as HCs, that means McD won't either." Lazy thinking. Each situation is unique and unrelated. Plus, three is hardly enough to establish some kind of meaningful sample.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
You've just proved your lazy intellect by falling into the "oh, three prior NE assistants didn't do well as HCs, that means McD won't either." Lazy thinking. Each situation is unique and unrelated. Plus, three is hardly enough to establish some kind of meaningful sample.

Yes because there is so much damn proof that McD is going to be a great coach. I'll come out and say to your face that McD could be a great coach in the NFL but he got ****ed in the ass prison style in the first few months running the show now he has to get his head on right because he won't last long as a HC pulling crap like this to split the locker room and the fan base. You on the other hand will only continue to throw Jay under the bus. You will continue to say that NOT one person knows the truth but still continue to call us that like Jay and see that he has the ablility to be a great QB in the NFL and glad he is still a bronco cry baby fans. Its cool Im just a lazy fan then. Whatever dude I didn't want to be apart of the cool kids club anyways.

baja
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
The fact of the matter is you hated the Shanny fire from the beginning and were going to spin negatively the moves of any coach Bowlen hired. That's just the stone cold reality. Not a single thing you said above is anything but speculation that you've chosen to accept because it fits in with your narrow minded view. Your words taken with a grain of salt.

Two grains.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I hope you lubed up before that ridiculous post. No player is above the franchise. Period. Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about football.

tell that to Colts and Peyton Manning. tell that to the Denver Broncos when Elway was here. tell it to the Dolphins with Marino.

the QB is the franchise when you have a good one. that isn't hard to figure out.

And for those who will bring up Montana as a SB winning Franchise QB who was traded. he was 36 and had just finished his 13th year in the league, and had come off a 2 season stretch in which he played just 1 game. the franchise felt he was at the end of his career, and had Steve Young coming off a season where he led the 49ers to a 14-2 record and went to the pro bowl. so that argument is invalid, as Montana was old and at the end of his career and Steve Young had taken over his job.

EDIT
__________________________________________________ _______________

Right now there are QB's in this league which every franchise knows they have absolutely no chance of aquiring no matter what deal is sent for that QB, because their current franchises aren't stupid enough to trade a franchise QB.

Manning, Brady, Manning, Rivers(i hate him, i think Cutler is more talented, but he can play), McNabb(he is always talked about as a possibility to be traded but never happens because the Eagles know he is one of the best in the game), Rothlesberger and Cutler should be on the list, had we had a coach and GM smart enough to realize what they had.

do you realize that Tampa, could have dangled, Cassel and multiple 1st round picks for any of those guys listed and those guys franchises would have laughed their asses off and hung up the phone without thought. that is becase Franchise QB's are not tradeable. they are the franchise, and Jay(whether he is or isn't a franchise QB) is the closest to a franchise QB we are going to get for a long time and because of that he is above everyone and everything else in the franchise.

BroncoInferno
03-11-2009, 12:44 AM
tell that to Colts and Peyton Manning. tell that to the Denver Broncos when Elway was here. tell it to the Dolphins with Marino.

Little problem here, bud. Jay is not on the level of those players. Not even close. Not yet anyway, and there is no guarantee he will be.

the QB is the franchise when you have a good one. that isn't hard to figure out.

When Jay wins a playoff game--hell, plays in one--we can revisit the franchise QB bit. Until then, he is a talented but mistake prone work in progress, not a franchise QB.

And for those who will bring up Montana as a SB winning Franchise QB who was traded. he was 36 and had just finished his 13th year in the league, and had come off a 2 season stretch in which he played just 1 game. the franchise felt he was at the end of his career, and had Steve Young coming off a season where he led the 49ers to a 14-2 record and went to the pro bowl. so that argument is invalid, as Montana was old and at the end of his career and Steve Young had taken over his job.

True enough. Problem is, Jay has yet to prove he's a franchise QB. He has the talent to be one, but he ain't there yet.

watermock
03-11-2009, 12:47 AM

Well, it certainly doesn't compare with the Walsh or Parcells tree.

People talk about Jays "value". I have never heard Cutler talk about a new contract.

Healthy, he will get 120m.

Prsonally, I'd like to see him in Nashville.

Expect trades on draft day.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:49 AM

he never said anything along the lines of being against the coach simply because he isn't Shanahan. what he was pointing out is that McDouche's inexperience has shown through and made a mockery of himself and the franchise, while pissing off the QB we have our teams hopes pinned on.

by McDouche playing the innocent card when everyone knew he was full of ****, he made matters worse than it would have been if he was just straight up with Cutler from the beginning.

but instead he let things fester and get worse through time instead of fixing it immediately the relationship has strained to the point where sadly it may now be necessary for one of these guys to go, and more than likely it will be Jay, because Bowlen won't admit to making a mistake in picking his successor to Mike

BroncoInferno
03-11-2009, 12:53 AM
he never said anything along the lines of being against the coach simply because he isn't Shanahan. what he was pointing out is that McDouche's inexperience has shown through and made a mockery of himself and the franchise, while pissing off the QB we have our teams hopes pinned on.

by McDouche playing the innocent card when everyone knew he was full of ****, he made matters worse than it would have been if he was just straight up with Cutler from the beginning.

but instead he let things fester and get worse through time instead of fixing it immediately the relationship has strained to the point where sadly it may now be necessary for one of these guys to go, and more than likely it will be Jay, because Bowlen won't admit to making a mistake in picking his successor to Mike

Not a single fact in your post, only assumptions. Those of us with a handle on reality will give McD a chance to prove himself on the football field before hysterically calling him a "mockery" before he has even coached a game.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Little problem here, bud. Jay is not on the level of those players. Not even close. Not yet anyway, and there is no guarantee he will be.

When Jay wins a playoff game--hell, plays in one--we can revisit the franchise QB bit. Until then, he is a talented but mistake prone work in progress, not a franchise QB.

so you think a QB can get to the playoffs with the worst defense in NFL history and a completely absent running game. Even when Elway was carrying the team he had a defense good enough to limit teams scoring and make it possible for Elway to win games. Cutler has to score 30+ a game for us to win and in many cases, just to have the score close.

Mistake prone, right now Jay's INT % is less than 2.9 fro his 1st 3 years. for Elway's career he was 3.1 and in his first 3 years was around 4.2 yet John is a franchise QB and not mistake prone, and Jay isn't a franchise QB and is mistake prone.

True enough. Problem is, Jay has yet to prove he's a franchise QB. He has the talent to be one, but he ain't there yet.

what does Jay need to do to be a franchise QB in your eyes? carry a franchise, he is the only reason we haven't been the worst team in the AFC West the last 2 years. break records of a Hall of Fame Qb from the same franchise, he did it last year.

you are putting way too much stock in the wins and losses. nobody can win without a running game and the worst defense in NFL history.

so far you are seeming more like this boards personal Mel Kiper, who hates Jay and has no reason for it. what did Jay do to you? rape your mom and kick your puppy?

statistically to this point in his career, and in comparison with some of the best ever at the end of their 3rd year, Jay is light years ahead of those guys known as Franchise QB's.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Not a single fact in your post, only assumptions. Those of us with a handle on reality will give McD a chance to prove himself on the football field before hysterically calling him a "mockery" before he has even coached a game.

yes he looks like a complete professional and a genius head coach with the way he is handling the situation.

first off, let he came here and sucked on Jay's dick until his old butt buddy was available and looked into trading Jay.
then he acted like a child passing blame onto others saying he didn't do anything.
then when he was caught made up bull**** lies and has yet to get things straight with the guy who basically controls McDouche's career for the forseeable future.

i like his FA signings, but in the 1st weekend of his work, he made the broncos the laughingstock of the NFL by making the franchise look inept and stupid with the young guys who seem to have no idea what they were doing.

i didn't call him a mockery for his coaching, because he hasn't even coach a practice yet. i said he was making the franchise and himself into a mockery by showing his inexperience and stupidity at his job less than 3 months after being hired.

on a side note, i have to ask why you are already swinging on the nuts of a guy who has never coached a game and has been here for only 3 months over the guy who has been the only reason we aren't challenging the Lions for the top pick in the draft.

Hulamau
03-11-2009, 01:19 AM

BS, the coach welcome Jay back and said he expects him back and no doubt under questions from Cutler said what HE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD SAY that no one is above trading IF if would improve the long term prospects ollf the team.

Meaning EVERY GUY is expendable if he isn't making himself INDISPENSABLE with his on field and even off field behavior and performance ... PERIOD!

This isn't rocket science and for Jay to still come back with some pouty BS remark to the press AGAIN after such a call where the team said it was positive and expects and wants him back is simply ludicrous!

If he shows up and dedicates himself to learning the system nd playing hard this year then fine all will soon be forgive and a learning experience in maturity.

But if Jay doesn't show on Monday then they should trade his ass ASAP and don't let the door hit you Jay on the way out!

If Jay doesn't show on Monday trade his ass to Detroit and let him struggle there for the next 6 years ASAP!! and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

arghemtee
03-11-2009, 05:04 AM
WAS THIS AN ACT?

I was a fan of bringing in Josh McDaniels to coach this team. He brought fresh ideas and a scheme that could make Jay Cutler even better than he already is. He brought in a defensive coordinator who was proven and started by not bringing back Shanahan's players. The sun was shining and the Broncos fans were happy, for the most part. Our expectations were high and we knew another high scoring offense was coming to us again.

And all was well, until **** hit the fan and rumors slammed and split the Broncos community in two. These two sides? For the players and for the staff. Our commitment to the Broncos were tossed around and some even attempted to sell their gear, others used name callings which included, Gutless drunk, McDumb****, and Cutler the crybaby. All could be justified with the right debate. The situation by all parties could have been handled better. Inexperience, immaturity, and the ability to lay off the booze all showed.

but.. What if this was an act? Some elaborate plan set up by Cutler and McDaniels to tighten the team, discipline the team, show the team that their best player could be moved? Is this an act? Is Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels pulling off the greatest heist ever seen in Pro Football? Stir the media up in Denver and let them focus on something not really there?

This may be far out there, but the Broncos community is reaching. We are trying to cling on to anything given to us. As Broncos fans, we need hope, we need to hope this feud ends and hope it was an act.

rbackfactory80
03-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Detachment- it is over, these two douches egos are too big for them both to be in the same place. Behind the scenes cutler is probably telling Bowlen McDaniels has to go or he won't play. McDaniels is still shopping Jay. Spags should have been the guy.

Willynowei
03-11-2009, 07:45 AM
You weren't one of those guys screaming for honesty were you.

Oh please, there's honesty and then there's stupid. McDaniels considering our offensive core in trade talks right after his expessed enthusiam is dishonest by such standards anyways so the whole point is moot.

If you're trying to draw parallels to politics, we the voters being lied to is the equivalent of McDaniels lieing to Bowlen. The opponents - the other 31 NFL teams are not organizations that deserver transparency or honesty. Manipulating trade value is expected, and if you don't do it, then its your loss.

Circle Orange
03-11-2009, 08:22 AM
it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen....

In a way I blame Shanahan for this. He coddled Cutler and made him 'special' before the guy did anything, grooming him to be the franchise qb. now that there's a rough stretch with management, we get this behavior all around. it often happens in the workplace. Enablers make you comfortable. When management and style changes, adjustments are difficult to make.

vancejohnson82
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM
In a way I blame Shanahan for this. He coddled Cutler and made him 'special' before the guy did anything, grooming him to be the franchise qb. now that there's a rough stretch with management, we get this behavior all around. it often happens in the workplace. Enablers make you comfortable. When management and style changes, adjustments are difficult to make.

Exactly....I'm not pinning this all on Jay because it was somewhat of a culture shock to all of the sudden be heard in trade talks....and it wasn't the best way for McDaniels to go around proving a point...

But, if Champ's name was thrown around, what do you think his response would have been? I know there is a difference in age and "franchise" status, but he is one of the leaders on the team. If his name was floated out there would he have run to the media? Probably not...I think we coudl have expected a big season from Champ...a kind of "I'll show these guys" type of attitude.

The difference is that Jay just isnt there yet mentally....this is all just one big analogy for his play on the field, in my opinion. When the going gets tough, its easiest to play with anger or spite...but its really hard to stay calm and be professional. We've all seen it before with his play on the field and now we are seeing it off the field.

The real question is whether we believe he can grow out of it.

KCStud
03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
This is the best trade the Chiefs have ever made. Matt Cassell, Mike Vrabel, and making Jay "I'm a drama queen" Cutler furious against the Donkeys all for a 2nd round pick. If McDip**** is still here when "drama queen" Cutler's rookie contract is up, than your QB is long gone.
This trade should go down as the best one of the offseason ROFL! LOL

lex
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
This is the best trade the Chiefs have ever made. Matt Cassell, Mike Vrabel, and making Jay "I'm a drama queen" Cutler furious against the Donkeys all for a 2nd round pick. If McDip**** is still here when "drama queen" Cutler's rookie contract is up, than your QB is long gone.

Except the Chiefs didnt really cause this.

vancejohnson82
03-11-2009, 08:46 AM

(Yawn)

KCStud
03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Except the Chiefs didnt really cause this.

Chiefs got Cassell for a discount compared to what other teams, such as the Broncos, were willing to dish out to get him.

Chiefs fans said Pioli was smart and made good moves and now it's showing

vancejohnson82
03-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Chiefs got Cassell for a discount compared to what other teams, such as the Broncos, were willing to dish out to get him.

We obviously weren't willing to dish out anything....

USMCBladerunner
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
WAS THIS AN ACT?

I was a fan of bringing in Josh McDaniels to coach this team. He brought fresh ideas and a scheme that could make Jay Cutler even better than he already is. He brought in a defensive coordinator who was proven and started by not bringing back Shanahan's players. The sun was shining and the Broncos fans were happy, for the most part. Our expectations were high and we knew another high scoring offense was coming to us again.

And all was well, until **** hit the fan and rumors slammed and split the Broncos community in two. These two sides? For the players and for the staff. Our commitment to the Broncos were tossed around and some even attempted to sell their gear, others used name callings which included, Gutless drunk, McDumb****, and Cutler the crybaby. All could be justified with the right debate. The situation by all parties could have been handled better. Inexperience, immaturity, and the ability to lay off the booze all showed.

but.. What if this was an act? Some elaborate plan set up by Cutler and McDaniels to tighten the team, discipline the team, show the team that their best player could be moved? Is this an act? Is Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels pulling off the greatest heist ever seen in Pro Football? Stir the media up in Denver and let them focus on something not really there?

This may be far out there, but the Broncos community is reaching. We are trying to cling on to anything given to us. As Broncos fans, we need hope, we need to hope this feud ends and hope it was an act.

Not even Lex or 56Crash will buy into that one...nope this is sadly real.

cutthemdown
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM

Wasn't it Sassy who brought that up? Why not quote her first? If you ever really care about another football team, or players on another team, then you probably don't love the Broncos like I do.

cutthemdown
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM

You kidding? Broncos wanted Cassell and a bunch of first round picks. I think a 2nd round pick a decent deal thought Chiefs made right move to get a QB because Thigpen won't get it done.

I'm sure Pioli will make some good moves for you all but IMO they haven't improved the defense and that was a huge problem.

KCStud
03-12-2009, 08:59 AM
You kidding? Broncos wanted Cassell and a bunch of first round picks. I think a 2nd round pick a decent deal thought Chiefs made right move to get a QB because Thigpen won't get it done.

I'm sure Pioli will make some good moves for you all but IMO they haven't improved the defense and that was a huge problem.

When you have the chance to get Aaron Curry, than that can be a big improvement in itself. There's also been talk about trading down and getting Rey Rey while getting back our 2nd round pick.
DJ, Vrabel and Curry/Rey Rey would be a great start to fixing the front 7. That's also with Dorsey and Hali mixing in.
Secondary is completely fine to me. Overachieved last season with the worst DL ever not helping out. We signed Travis Daniels too to be a reliable nickel.

We'll see how it goes. I think it will take two years to get a good 3-4 defense.

azbroncfan
03-13-2009, 11:03 PM

This is a great post here and describes the whole situation. Not to mention there isn't one retired coach/player that sides with Cutler. I don't like that he thinks he is bigger than the team when he is supposed to be the leader and proven nothing other than he can put up stats in meaningless games to make the probowl. He needs to realize he is lucky to play pro sports in this era for a living instead of the old days at the colosseum in rome.

Circle Orange
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
so you think a QB can get to the playoffs with the worst defense in NFL history and a completely absent running game. Even when Elway was carrying the team he had a defense good enough to limit teams scoring and make it possible for Elway to win games. Cutler has to score 30+ a game for us to win and in many cases, just to have the score close.

Mistake prone, right now Jay's INT % is less than 2.9 fro his 1st 3 years. for Elway's career he was 3.1 and in his first 3 years was around 4.2 yet John is a franchise QB and not mistake prone, and Jay isn't a franchise QB and is mistake prone.

what does Jay need to do to be a franchise QB in your eyes? carry a franchise, he is the only reason we haven't been the worst team in the AFC West the last 2 years. break records of a Hall of Fame Qb from the same franchise, he did it last year.

you are putting way too much stock in the wins and losses. nobody can win without a running game and the worst defense in NFL history.

so far you are seeming more like this boards personal Mel Kiper, who hates Jay and has no reason for it. what did Jay do to you? rape your mom and kick your puppy?

statistically to this point in his career, and in comparison with some of the best ever at the end of their 3rd year, Jay is light years ahead of those guys known as Franchise QB's.

I didn't and still don't get all the comparisons...this reminds me of the movie BEING THERE...where everything about the central character was created by the world surrounding him. This emporer has no clothes. Sometimes it's best just to watch the games and see what's really going on, not just look at stats. Whatever happened to quarterbacking being between the ears? Does Brady or Manning have overwhelming 'talent?' No, but they're franchise qbs because of overall value to the team. (probably manning more so, I still think brady a product of a perfect box.)

Bronco Yoda
03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Exactly....I'm not pinning this all on Jay because it was somewhat of a culture shock to all of the sudden be heard in trade talks....and it wasn't the best way for McDaniels to go around proving a point...

But, if Champ's name was thrown around, what do you think his response would have been? I know there is a difference in age and "franchise" status, but he is one of the leaders on the team. If his name was floated out there would he have run to the media? Probably not...I think we coudl have expected a big season from Champ...a kind of "I'll show these guys" type of attitude.

The difference is that Jay just isnt there yet mentally....this is all just one big analogy for his play on the field, in my opinion. When the going gets tough, its easiest to play with anger or spite...but its really hard to stay calm and be professional. We've all seen it before with his play on the field and now we are seeing it off the field.

The real question is whether we believe he can grow out of it.

But champs THE MAN!

sadly, Cutler is not..... not yet anyway.