PDA

View Full Version : Post Klis take on the cutler call today

titan
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
This is not sounding good ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256?source=rss

"Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday. "

meangene
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Sounds good to me. Time to stop coddling his whiny ass! Get on board or get off the train.

lex
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice work, Bowlen.

garandman
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
What a nightmare....

broncswin
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Really think we should go after McNabb, this relationship is extremely off course!!

frerottenextelway
03-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Fantastic. So Cutler expects to put this all behind us and Josh's insecurity is so f'n huge he feels like blowing it all up.

frerottenextelway
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Can we trade McDaniels for Dick LeBeau?

broncofan2438
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
What a nightmare....

Yup, this is just great. McScrewup is going to get an ear full from fans the first home game

mhgaffney
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought Josh was supposed to be on the beam with the players.

scratch that.

There's an art to being a coach. Oh hell.

chaz
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
McDaniels needs to man up before Jay will...they both need to quit the games but Jay will only follow McD's footsteps in taking the high road and right now neither is willing to do that. and that's bull**** as far as the broncos are concerned because we lose our qb and we're back at square one.

lex
03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
McDaniels needs to man up before Jay will...they both need to quit the games but Jay will only follow McD's footsteps in taking the high road and right now neither is willing to do that. and that's bull**** as far as the broncos are concerned because we lose our qb and we're back at square one.

Oh but havent you heard? Being a coach has nothing to do with leading but everything to do with putting people in their place in what can be described as adversarial bloodlusts.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
This is like the Packers last year where the ego of one QB is trying to strong arm the organization and the team wants every player treated the same.

ludo21
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Both sides suck at this talking thing......

Popps
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
McDaniels needs to man up before Jay will...they both need to quit the games.

No, you have it wrong.

McDaniels is the coach, and he's the boss.

Jay is a chess piece to be moved around by the coach. Jay doesn't make the rules, the coach does.

So, JAY needs to "man" up... or just actually be a man and understand the workings of the adult world.

McDaniels isn't going to bend over and kiss this guy's arse, and more power to him for not letting the inmates run the asylum.

Hamrob
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I've had enough of this McDumnass Kid! The problem is that McDaniels is trying to demand respect instead of earning it. He's a new HC and a young one and he wants to stick out his chest and let everyone know he's in charge.

So, what does he do...he treats his best player like ****! He trys to trade him for a guy who didn't even play in college. Then he says...suck it up and get in here or else!

Looks like JC will be playing elsewhere in 2009...great job McDaniels. Let's just hope that Simms can do the job...because this relationship appears to be over!

GreatBronco16
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
No, you have it wrong.

Jay is a chess piece to be moved around by the coach. Jay doesn't make the rules, the coach does.

So, JAY needs to "man" up... or just actually be a man and understand the workings of the adult world.

McDaniels isn't going to bend over and kiss this guy's arse, and more power to him for not letting the inmates run the asylum.

But haven't you heard? Jay is the shiznit and is the bestest. He has proven that he is not replaceable. Jay runs this team and Coach and Bowlen need to do as Jay says.

Hamrob
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
This is like the Packers last year where the ego of one QB is trying to strong arm the organization and the team wants every player treated the same.
Whatever! I guess you have to believe that...seeing where this is going. I don't see JC trying to strongarm anyone. It seems to me...like buzz-head is trying to show its his way or the hi-way. Great job McDaniels...you're smooth!

Hamrob
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
No, you have it wrong.

McDaniels isn't going to bend over and kiss this guy's arse, and more power to him for not letting the inmates run the asylum.But as a coach...aren't you paid to navigate through or around these types of situations. Leave it to the Buzz-head...to screw it up just about as poorly as one could!

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah because he has to "earn" the respect of the team to do normal every day things.

You know what? You Cutler humpers are retards. Total retards. There isn't a player in sports of any value that won't be asked about in a trade. It's part of pro sports. But go ahead and masturbate to your dip**** fantasy of Cutler being above the team and able to throw a hissy fit because the team entertained calls for him. Oh BOO HOO! Get over it. Worship the crying pussy all you want.

I hope they trade his ass to Detroit where he gets crushed fifty times and understands how good he had it here with an all-pro LT and pro-bowl right tackle and top five receiving tandem. Let him piss and moan when Brian Urlacher is smashing his head in because his line sucks so bad he can't complete a three stop drop.

Screw you Cutler and screw you all for babying his soft ass.

bombay
03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Cutler apparently expected his ass to be kissed today, and went back into full pout mode when it didn't happen.

lex
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Not really.

bpc
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
This is bull****. All the coach and GM had to do was reiterate the statements already made to the media. Instead, the bastards just had to show how tough they are and it's their way or the highway. Just backup what you say. Be loyal and maybe have a little integrity. They said last week, "WE WILL NOT TRADE JAY. We want Jay to be the QB of the Broncos" Now they have to try and provoke Cutler by telling him, you aren't untradable. All they had to say was "We're interested in working hard to make Denver the best team in the AFC West next year". Boom, instant respect and Jay would have gravitated to that. Instead McMidget says he'll do whatever we like with this franchise and Xanders is his punk bitch carrying him and his high school coach brother's jock. The problem is these guys, McDaniels and XANDERS, who haven't done **** in the NFL, and are arrogant f'n pricks. You would think their names are established 20 year vets at their respective ranks with the way they act.

Not only do they stir up this **** storm in the first place, they couldn't even state the same thing they said to the media, directly to Cutler, one on one.

I can't trust these bastards. This blinks of a flashing red light that they were trying to trade Jay in the first place. They started the discussions, probably somewhere in Indy. They got caught up in a man's game, probably sold out by BB, looked really stupid in front of the fan base who called them out on the monumental error and then couldn't leave well enough alone.

Now they figure the way to get Jay out of town is to piss him off more, have him demand to be traded and there you go.

In three years McDaniel's will be gone, fired because he's clearly an idiot, Jay will be gone and Bowlen will be selling the organization without any rings. (((LET ME REITERATE, I DON'T ROOT FOR THIS, I'M A BRONCO FAN))).

The broncos will be a f'n mess. ALL BECAUSE that stupid drunkard Bowlen couldn't lend Shanahan one more season with all the credibility he had. He had a plan. He had a high draft pick in a deep defensive class this season with millions of dollars to spend in FA. All of that thrown out the window because Pat had a "whim".

In 10 years this team is gonna be wishing it had the consistency it did when Mike was in town. This whole regime is such a joke.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah because he has to "earn" the respect of the team to do normal every day things.

You know what? You Cutler humpers are retards. Total retards. There isn't a player in sports of any value that won't be asked about in a trade. It's part of pro sports. But go ahead and masturbate to your dip**** fantasy of Cutler being above the team and able to throw a hissy fit because the team entertained calls for him. Oh BOO HOO! Get over it. Worship the crying p***Y all you want.

I hope they trade his ass to Detroit where he gets crushed fifty times and understands how good he had it here with an all-pro LT and pro-bowl right tackle and top five receiving tandem. Let him piss and moan when Brian Urlacher is smashing his head in because his line sucks so bad he can't complete a three stop drop.

Now that is a passionate post!

I still think there has to be more to the story. It has to be more than "just entertaining offers.

TheDave
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM

You know what? You Cutler humpers are retards. Total retards. There isn't a player in sports of any value that won't be asked about in a trade. It's part of pro sports. But go ahead and masturbate to your dip**** fantasy of Cutler being above the team and able to throw a hissy fit because the team entertained calls for him. Oh BOO HOO! Get over it. Worship the crying p***Y all you want.

what was that you told me about not getting upset over things you can't control... ;)

cutthemdown

HELL ****ING YEAH!!!!!!!! Screw this punk ass little crybaby. We should offer him to Detroit for a couple first round picks and get it over with. Get him to a really ****ty team with still a couple yrs on his contract and watch him just get beat into the turf. Screw Cutler he's acting like a puss.

worm

This has NOTHING to do with the team entertaining calls for him! Gawd! Jay said that.

This is about TRUST.

Are you purposely being obtuse? Can you not fathom the distinction?

enjolras
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
In some ways this is reflective of the lack of discipline this team has developed. McDaniels (for better or worse) is changing that culture by drawing a line in the sand with his QB.

If Cutler is going to develop into the type of quarterback that wins championships he will take his lumps, develop some humility, and fall in line. If not, he is nothing more than Jeff George part deux to begin with.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Cutler is just as important as John Engleberger.

No reason to treat them any differently.

Yup.

Popps
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
This is bull****. All the coach and GM had to do was reiterate the statements already made to the media. Instead, the bastards just had to show how tough they are and it's their way or the highway. .

It IS their way or the highway, Chris. The sooner Jay understands that, the sooner he'll be an NFL pro.

The staff said they had no interest in trading him, but that no player was above the needs of the team, and no player was above being evaluated for incoming offers.

Simple, logical, rational.

Jay, however... insisted that the staff make promises before ever seeing him in a single practice. He apparently demanded that his contract was extended before he shows up to camp?

Not exactly how a pro should behave. But, nothing unusual for Jay Cutler.

bpc
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
It IS their way or the highway, Chris. The sooner Jay understands that, the sooner he'll be an NFL pro.

The staff said they had no interest in trading him, but that no player was above the needs of the team, and no player was above being evaluated for incoming offers.

Simple, logical, rational.

Jay, however... insisted that the staff make promises before ever seeing him in a single practice. He apparently demanded that his contract was extended before he shows up to camp?

Not exactly how a pro should behave. But, nothing unusual for Jay Cutler.

I don't buy that for one minute. I think he just expected them to be a little trustworthy, maybe back up some of this talk they were saying to the media.

Jay doesn't cry to the media. He's honest about the situation. If you ask him a question, right or wrong, he answers it. He treats it the same way with players, coaches, opposing players or even comparisons. I wish he would bite his lip sometimes but I don't fault him for being honest.

I think he expected that McFUGGIT would say something to the effect of "Hey, I don't care what the media is saying, i'm interested in having you QB our team next year". Instead he got this pompous asshole speech about "I'll do whatever the hell I want".

McFuggit has small man syndrome. His moves have been ****ty thus far. The credit he gets for bringing in Dawkins is dampered by the fact that he probably still would have been here with Shanahan at the helm anyways.

The problem with Josh is that he's an idiot. He thinks his system is bigger than any QB because he had career backup Matt Cassel throw 20 touchdowns to two of the best WR"s in the NFL last year and backed by a highly successful defense.

I'm just really shocked at how easy this guy thinks things are going to be.

I'm sort of torn right now because I don't ever want Denver to lose but I know this situation is going to blow up in our organizations faces and McFuggit will run back under some proven coaches protection while Denver burns in flames longing for lost opportunities that past us by. Unfortunately, I think we are in for a bunch of losing SOON.

Popps
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't buy that for one minute. I think he just expected them to be a little trustworthy, maybe back up some of this talk they were saying to the media.

Jay doesn't cry to the media. He's honest about the situation. If you ask him a question, right or wrong, he answers it. He treats it the same way with players, coaches, opposing players or even comparisons. I wish he would bite his lip sometimes but I don't fault him for being honest.

I think he expected that McFUGGIT would say something to the effect of "Hey, I don't care what the media is saying, i'm interested in having you QB our team next year". Instead he got this pompous a-hole speech about "I'll do whatever the hell I want".

McFuggit has small man syndrome. His moves have been ****ty thus far. The credit he gets for bringing in Dawkins is dampered by the fact that he probably still would have been here with Shanahan at the helm anyways.

The problem with Josh is that he's an idiot. He thinks his system is bigger than any QB because he had career backup Matt Cassel throw 20 touchdowns to two of the best WR"s in the NFL last year and backed by a highly successful defense.

I'm sort of torn right now because I don't ever want Denver to lose but I know this situation is going to blow up in our organizations faces and McFuggit will run back under some proven coaches protection while Denver burns in flames longing for lost opportunities that past us by. Unfortunately, I think we are in for a bunch of losing SOON.

Your posts are usually right on, man... but I think you're a little clouded on this issue.

First off, we don't have a transcript of the talk, so we can only assume what we think either side said.

You think McDaniels tried to come off with a power-play, and I think Jay Cutler tried to make demands due to an over-inflated sense of self-worth, not understanding the boss/employee relationship in the grown-up world.

But, we probably will never know.

What I do know is, if Jay was smart... he'd be handling this like a professional. He'd come into camp, blow this off and play his ass off... and DRIVE HIS PRICE-TAG THROUGH THE ROOF.

That's what you're missing, Chris. The kid isn't in a position to make demands. No one needs to coddle this guy, and if Jay hasn't figured it out by now... he should be smart enough to figure out that this staff won't be the ones to do it.

So, for better or worse... McDaniels and Co. want to set a tone, and a chain of command and they aren't going to kiss any ass in the process. If Jay thought this through clearly, he'd realize that it's in his best interest to play his butt off and be a team-guy.

Whether he stays in Denver or goes elsewhere... Jay is making this matter so much worse on himself than it has to be. He's making the conscious decision to poison HIS OWN waters. He's hurting potential trade value, he's hurting his position with the team, and he's eroding his reputation.

watermock
03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
This is bull****. All the coach and GM had to do was reiterate the statements already made to the media. Instead, the bastards just had to show how tough they are and it's their way or the highway. Just backup what you say. Be loyal and maybe have a little integrity. They said last week, "WE WILL NOT TRADE JAY. We want Jay to be the QB of the Broncos" Now they have to try and provoke Cutler by telling him, you aren't untradable. All they had to say was "We're interested in working hard to make Denver the best team in the AFC West next year". Boom, instant respect and Jay would have gravitated to that. Instead McMidget says he'll do whatever we like with this franchise and Xanders is his punk b**** carrying him and his high school coach brother's jock. The problem is these guys, McDaniels and XANDERS, who haven't done **** in the NFL, and are arrogant f'n pricks. You would think their names are established 20 year vets at their respective ranks with the way they act.

Not only do they stir up this **** storm in the first place, they couldn't even state the same thing they said to the media, directly to Cutler, one on one.

I can't trust these bastards. This blinks of a flashing red light that they were trying to trade Jay in the first place. They started the discussions, probably somewhere in Indy. They got caught up in a man's game, probably sold out by BB, looked really stupid in front of the fan base who called them out on the monumental error and then couldn't leave well enough alone.

Now they figure the way to get Jay out of town is to piss him off more, have him demand to be traded and there you go.

In three years McDaniel's will be gone, fired because he's clearly an idiot, Jay will be gone and Bowlen will be selling the organization without any rings. (((LET ME REITERATE, I DON'T ROOT FOR THIS, I'M A BRONCO FAN))).

The broncos will be a f'n mess. ALL BECAUSE that stupid drunkard Bowlen couldn't lend Shanahan one more season with all the credibility he had. He had a plan. He had a high draft pick in a deep defensive class this season with millions of dollars to spend in FA. All of that thrown out the window because Pat had a "whim".

In 10 years this team is gonna be wishing it had the consistency it did when Mike was in town. This whole regime is such a joke.

QFT

UberBroncoMan
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
The greatest irony of this is if we do get rid of Cutler and have year after year of crappy QB's, everyone is going to be mad about that.

A franchise QB is more important than a coach... especially a rookie coach who's never won a game in his life.

Brady would do fine without Bilicheat, Favre did fine with his multiple coaches, Elway did fine with his multiple coaches, Aikman did fine with his multiple coaches, Montana did fine with his multiple coaches... could go on and on and on.

You can get a coach whenever... there isn't a draft for them. There are only 32 teams, and many have coaches locked up.

You can't get a franchise QB whenever.

That's why McDaniels is a ****ing idiot in this situation. He believes he is essentially a divine entity cast down from the heavens to save the Broncos. He can do no wrong, and all who oppose his methods much be crushed harshly.

I think Jay was a ****ing dumbass for ignoring Bowlens calls, but I think McDaniels is on a dreamland power trip.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Ha ship him to Detroit Shanny will be there in a heart beat. The Lions will win more games with Cutler then we will without him.

watermock
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Whether he stays in Denver or goes elsewhere... Jay is making this matter so much worse on himself than it has to be. He's making the conscious decision to poison HIS OWN waters. He's hurting potential trade value, he's hurting his position with the team, and he's eroding his reputation.

Wrong as usual. Yor right about losing trade value tho.

Cutler, Sheff, Marshall, Hillis will all be gone in less than 2 years.

spdirty
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
This is bull****. All the coach and GM had to do was reiterate the statements already made to the media. Instead, the bastards just had to show how tough they are and it's their way or the highway. Just backup what you say. Be loyal and maybe have a little integrity. They said last week, "WE WILL NOT TRADE JAY. We want Jay to be the QB of the Broncos" Now they have to try and provoke Cutler by telling him, you aren't untradable. All they had to say was "We're interested in working hard to make Denver the best team in the AFC West next year". Boom, instant respect and Jay would have gravitated to that. Instead McMidget says he'll do whatever we like with this franchise and Xanders is his punk b**** carrying him and his high school coach brother's jock. The problem is these guys, McDaniels and XANDERS, who haven't done **** in the NFL, and are arrogant f'n pricks. You would think their names are established 20 year vets at their respective ranks with the way they act.

I dont think I could possible agree more. I have a shltty feeling that this punk bltch is going to run this still great organization into the ****ing ground.

SureShot
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Wrong as usual. Yor right about losing trade value tho.

Cutler, Sheff, Marshall, Hillis will all be gone in less than 2 years.

Hillis will be the first of that group to go.

DBroncos4life
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM

I think he expected that McFUGGIT would say something to the effect of "Hey, I don't care what the media is saying, i'm interested in having you QB our team next year". Instead he got this pompous a-hole speech about "I'll do whatever the hell I want".

I don't know why that is so hard for others to understand. I mean look at the players we brought in this offseason. Tell me who in that group could we have not signed if we had another HC instead of McDaniels?

We dropped the ball when we hired a OC as a HC. Our O was in place and McDaniels EGO can not let that go. All he had to do is put his system in place and get players to fix the D. Dungy didn't walk into Indy swinging his dick around saying Im here and its my team. He went to work to fix the problem of the Colts which was what he was good at doing anyways which was the D. Thats the type of coach we needed not a guy that clearly can't stand that Shanny still has his stamp all over his O.

GreatBronco16
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't know why that is so hard for others to understand. I mean look at the players we brought in this offseason. Tell me who in that group could we have not signed if we had another HC instead of McDaniels?

We dropped the ball when we hired a OC as a HC. Our O was in place and McDaniels EGO can not let that go. All he had to do is put his system in place and get players to fix the D. Dungy didn't walk into Indy swinging his dick around saying Im here and its my team. He went to work to fix the problem of the Colts which was what he was good at doing anyways which was the D. Thats the type of coach we needed not a guy that clearly can't stand that Shanny still has his stamp all over his O.

That's why I wanted Spags from the get go. I didn't understand the this hire, but I'm sticking with it and hope to God that these two can work this out somehow. I want to see Cutler and this offense under McD and see what it can do.

manchambo
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM

No, actually it's nothing like that at all. The Packers were dealing with an over the hill QB who told the team he was retiring, then changed his mind after the team was set on moving forward with his successor.

The Broncos are dealing with a pro bowl QB entering his prime, who was working hard to get ready for the season when the team tried to trade him out of the blue, and apparently lied to his face about it.

Wouldn't seem to me that those differences are that hard to perceive.

bpc
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Your posts are usually right on, man... but I think you're a little clouded on this issue.

First off, we don't have a transcript of the talk, so we can only assume what we think either side said.

You think McDaniels tried to come off with a power-play, and I think Jay Cutler tried to make demands due to an over-inflated sense of self-worth, not understanding the boss/employee relationship in the grown-up world.

But, we probably will never know.

What I do know is, if Jay was smart... he'd be handling this like a professional. He'd come into camp, blow this off and play his ass off... and DRIVE HIS PRICE-TAG THROUGH THE ROOF.

That's what you're missing, Chris. The kid isn't in a position to make demands. No one needs to coddle this guy, and if Jay hasn't figured it out by now... he should be smart enough to figure out that this staff won't be the ones to do it.

So, for better or worse... McDaniels and Co. want to set a tone, and a chain of command and they aren't going to kiss any ass in the process. If Jay thought this through clearly, he'd realize that it's in his best interest to play his butt off and be a team-guy.

I think this is just one issue we'll have to disagree on. I think you are swinging hard for the fences on these issues because you hated Shanahan and Cutler sort of still resembles the old guard. McFuggit is the new guard and you backing him no matter what but you have to admit, the guy looks and sounds incredibly stupid. I mean, even if he wants to move JC, he could just be PC for a moment and let the hornets nest die down a bit. Instead, he gave Denver a two week cooling period before starting the crap back up again. He says some of the dumbest things at the most inopportune times while he could be playing games with the media or testing players... i really don't think he's that smart. He looks painfully overmatched.

I wish Cutler would shut his mouth sometimes but I'll never fault him for being honest. Who cares if somebody asked him if he thinks his arm is as strong or stronger than Elway? If he agrees with Shanahan being fired? I mean he's just being honest.

IMO this situation only ends one way. Bowlen has to decide if he wants Cutler here or McFuggit. I think that he's already put his vote behind Josh and if he made a decision otherwise, he would look more foolish than he already does at having removed Shanahan as coach.

That leaves Cutler being traded as the only situation. Probably to a place like Carolina in some sort of deal for a guy like Peppers... that is if Bowlen has the cash to pay him. If not there then peddled off for draft picks.

I just think its funny that McMidget thinks the NFL is THIS easy. That he can throw away franchise QB's, replace them with backups and they'll produce to the same results Cassell had playing with two great WR's like Randy Moss or Wes Welker.

I just think that the ultimate loser in this situation is going to be the fans and it all could have been avoided if McDaniels could have just said the same thing he said last week.

Popps
03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't know why that is so hard for others to understand. I mean look at the players we brought in this offseason. Tell me who in that group could we have not signed if we had another HC instead of McDaniels? .

We could have signed Casper the Ghost and the Easter Bunny. That's not the point.

The point is, Shanahan chose Boss Bailey and Niko Kourdouvides to fix our horrible defense, and chose to keep John Engelberger as a starter.

You think Shanahan would have suddenly started making great defensive FA pick-ups this year after ****-ups like that over the past decade?

Please.

Popps
03-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I think this is just one issue we'll have to disagree on. I think you are swinging hard for the fences on these issues because you hated Shanahan and Cutler sort of still resembles the old guard. .

Chris, you have to do better than this, man. You ARE better than this. Honestly, I expect way more from you. You're one of the better posters around here, but let's not just lie, bro. You've been reading my posts for over a decade, and you know damned well no one went to bat for Shanahan over the years more than myself. I defended that guy through thick and thin. I was a fan of his since the SF days, and watched him coach there, as well.

I'm a MAJOR Shanahan fan, and you know that. Saying I "hate" him is really Bush-league, and honestly disappointing from you. Maybe you mean something other than what you wrote, but that's just flat out insanity.

As for Cutler, I've gone on record as saying that I hope he remains our QB. I don't care for him, personally... but he's not beating his girlfriends, so I'm fine rooting for him. So, even in that regard, you're off-base.

My opinions on this are based on reality, Chris. I see things the way I see them because I want this team to resurrect itself. As I've quoted before... if you want to win a championship, sometimes feelings have to get hurt along the way.

IMO this situation only ends one way. Bowlen has to decide if he wants Cutler here or McFuggit. .

Of course. Cutler is forcing his way out of town. He simply can't handle the fact that he doesn't run the franchise. He practically says as much. As you said, he spills his guts, and it's pretty embarrassing to listen to.

Chris, this guy doesn't have a rep around the league as a crybaby for no reason. C'mon... people don't call Kurt Warner a crybaby. They don't call Pennington a Crybaby. They don't call Brady a crybaby.

People around the league don't respect anything about Cutler outside of his arm.... his physical talent. Do you think that's by accident? Do you think a few people on this board are influencing the opinion of the entire sports world?

Jay Cutler has drawn a line in the sand, despite having no position to do so. He's made himself a problem, whether or not you think he was done wrong. He's made this worse, and I honestly believe he's wanted out of Denver, and this just creates a better opportunity.

Of course Bowlen is going to back his staff. No rational owner would cave to a temper tantrum from some snot-nosed kid who hasn't done anything in the league, yet. What's he going to do, let Jay coach the team? I'm sure Jay would be fine with that.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2009, 12:05 AM
We could have signed Casper the Ghost and the Easter Bunny. That's not the point.

The point is, Shanahan chose Boss Bailey and Niko Kourdouvides to fix our horrible defense, and chose to keep John Engelberger as a starter.

You think Shanahan would have suddenly started making great defensive FA pick-ups this year after ****-ups like that over the past decade?

Please.

No but other then Dawkins I don't feel like we set the world on fire with our pick ups either. I don't think the DB from the Phins is better then Bly. I do like Hill though. Most people think that Davis is at best a one year gab player that should he draft the right person he will lose his starting job.

It was time for Shanny to go but I think McD is just a younger less proven version of him.

bpc
03-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Chris, you have to do better than this, man. You ARE better than this. Honestly, I expect way more from you. You're one of the better posters around here, but let's not just lie, bro. You've been reading my posts for over a decade, and you know damned well no one went to bat for Shanahan over the years more than myself. I defended that guy through thick and thin. I was a fan of his since the SF days, and watched him coach there, as well.

I'm a MAJOR Shanahan fan, and you know that. Saying I "hate" him is really Bush-league, and honestly disappointing from you. Maybe you mean something other than what you wrote, but that's just flat out insanity.

As for Cutler, I've gone on record as saying that I hope he remains our QB. I don't care for him, personally... but he's not beating his girlfriends, so I'm fine rooting for him. So, even in that regard, you're off-base.

My opinions on this are based on reality, Chris. I see things the way I see them because I want this team to resurrect itself. As I've quoted before... if you want to win a championship, sometimes feelings have to get hurt along the way.

Of course. Cutler is forcing his way out of town. He simply can't handle the fact that he doesn't run the franchise. He practically says as much. As you said, he spills his guts, and it's pretty embarrassing to listen to.

Chris, this guy doesn't have a rep around the league as a crybaby for no reason. C'mon... people don't call Kurt Warner a crybaby. They don't call Pennington a Crybaby. They don't call Brady a crybaby.

People around the league don't respect anything about Cutler outside of his arm.... his physical talent. Do you think that's by accident? Do you think a few people on this board are influencing the opinion of the entire sports world?

Jay Cutler has drawn a line in the sand, despite having no position to do so. He's made himself a problem, whether or not you think he was done wrong. He's made this worse, and I honestly believe he's wanted out of Denver, and this just creates a better opportunity.

Of course Bowlen is going to back his staff. No rational owner would cave to a temper tantrum from some snot-nosed kid who hasn't done anything in the league, yet. What's he going to do, let Jay coach the team? I'm sure Jay would be fine with that.

Hate is too strong of a word.

I'll say you supported Shanahan once upon a time like Anakin Skywalker once supported the Jedi. ROFL!

Taco John
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Chris, this guy doesn't have a rep around the league as a crybaby for no reason.

Huh?

You always just lie and make stuff up. How can anybody believe a word you ever say?

It's like when you invented that Shanahan had a major shift in defensive philosophy. You've been busted making stuff up so many times to support your opinion, I don't know how anybody can take you seriously.

Popps
03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Huh?

You always just lie and make stuff up. How can anybody believe a word you ever say?

It's like when you invented that Shanahan had a major shift in defensive philosophy. You've been busted making stuff up so many times to support your opinion, I don't know how anybody can take you seriously.

Taco, no one is making anything up. Do a quick Google search and you'll find a ton of fans out there who think he's a crybaby. Even on the Panthers board, there is a thread where people are leery about dishing out Peppers for him. Even people who want to do it are leery of his mouth and his attitude.

You can live in a bubble and pretend it's not the case, but he wasn't featured as "Crybaby of the Week" for no reason.

As for Shanahan's defensive philosophy, the fact that our defense went from great to **** after he started poo-pooing the D-line and front seven in favor of cornerbacks and Marcus Nash types should tell you all you need to know.
You've already been educated as to what happened, so there's no need to rehash that.

enjolras
03-11-2009, 12:20 AM
A franchise QB is more important than a coach... especially a rookie coach who's never won a game in his life.

Is Cutler a franchise QB?

At this point, I don't think so. He hasn't shown that he has the maturity to be a true franchise quarterback in the NFL. Franchise QB's are leaders. They put the team ahead of themselves. They are beloved by their teammates (we've heard far to much grumbling from players about him for that to be the case).

In short, Jay is a very talented QB who still needs to grow into the role of franchise QB. We're getting the point that I don't know if he ever will.

It's not enough to be super talented. Cutler has more talent in his pinkie finger than Kurt Warner does in his entire body, yet one has shown patience and maturity. One has been to three superbowls (winning one), the other is still trying to find his way into the playoffs.

Popps
03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
****, Taco... I'd say a good 30% of the fans on this site ALONE think Jay has attitude issues of some sort. I mean, you can say the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Cutler is just as important as John Engleberger.

No reason to treat them any differently.

Yup.

even Bob is smarter than a lot of you Jay Bashers.

how sad is it i am liking a Chiefs fan more than a lot of my fellow Broncos fans at the moment.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM

Please.

whose to say that Dawkins doesn't get to camp and show he is 36? or that Davis shows he is too old and slow to be counted on, or any of the RB's are incapable of carrying in the load, or the Corners we brought in are not an upgrade over what we had last season.

it is really simple to say these moves are better than Mike's when they haven't done anything yet.

all McDouche has done, is make this one of if not the oldest team in the league, yet in a lot of peoples eyes he can do no wrong.

Popps
03-11-2009, 12:38 AM
whose to say that Dawkins doesn't get to camp and show he is 36? or that Davis shows he is too old and slow to be counted on, or any of the RB's are incapable of carrying in the load, or the Corners we brought in are not an upgrade over what we had last season.

it is really simple to say these moves are better than Mike's when they haven't done anything yet.

all McDouche has done, is make this one of if not the oldest team in the league, yet in a lot of peoples eyes he can do no wrong.

Feilds is not old. Bly was 32. Davis isn't "Old."

There's also this thing called the "draft" in April. You generally acquire young players there.

We also have a nucleus of young players on offense already, as well as a few younger players on defense.

So, you're sort of swinging in the dark there, dude.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:41 AM

At this point, I don't think so. He hasn't shown that he has the maturity to be a true franchise quarterback in the NFL. Franchise QB's are leaders. They put the team ahead of themselves. They are beloved by their teammates (we've heard far to much grumbling from players about him for that to be the case).

In short, Jay is a very talented QB who still needs to grow into the role of franchise QB. We're getting the point that I don't know if he ever will.

It's not enough to be super talented. Cutler has more talent in his pinkie finger than Kurt Warner does in his entire body, yet one has shown patience and maturity. One has been to three superbowls (winning one), the other is still trying to find his way into the playoffs.

what players have talked poorly of Jay/. so far all i have heard is his offensive teammates pissed that the team is messing with their friend Jay. the grumbling comes from media types like Kiper who say Jay yelling is something out of the ordinary when every good QB in the league demands perfection from his teammates.

jay may scream and yell on the field, but his teammates like and respect him.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Feilds is not old. Bly was 32. Davis isn't "Old."

There's also this thing called the "draft" in April. You generally acquire young players there.

We also have a nucleus of young players on offense already, as well as a few younger players on defense.

i am simply saying people are proclaiming his FA aquisitions are already better than Mike's when if you really look at them, they are either old guys, or no better than who we had in the same position last season, or scrubs that McDouche liked. there is nothing saying they are all great signings. \
Davis is being looked at as a stop gap guy until we get a young guy ready to take his job. what has Fields ever done that makes his a great signing. he is a fat underachiever

and yes the draft. the best part about the old regime of the last few years is gone and it is now a question mark

and with the nucleus of young offensive talent that made Denver the best coaching position available is being torn apart. Marshall is supposedly on the end of his time in Denver, Jay may be traded at any time, Scheff is supposedly good as gone. when the season rolls around, there is a strong chance the good young offensive talent is gone in favor of McDouche building his Patriots-West team.

Blueflame
03-11-2009, 01:02 AM
****, Taco... I'd say a good 30% of the fans on this site ALONE think Jay has attitude issues of some sort. I mean, you can say the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true.

And I'd venture that (since the Cutler-for-Cassel PR debacle) at least 50% of the Broncos fans on this site alone question whether McD is HC material... and think Bowlen could have made a better choice.

Popps
03-11-2009, 01:07 AM
And I'd venture that (since the Cutler-for-Cassel PR debacle) at least 50% of the Broncos fans on this site alone question whether McD is HC material... and think Bowlen could have made a better choice.

Poll is up. We can see where people feel blame lies right now, as opposed to the poll last week.

dsmoot
03-11-2009, 01:12 AM

Thank you for your clarity. If the most recent report is being communicated correctly, the Bronco organization is in a real dilemma. Jay is nothing more than potential at this point in his career. More like Elway of 1985. No one knew for sure which road he would be on at that point in his career - the guy with enormous physical talent but didn't have the IT factor to be a championship QB or the Elway of 86/87. Do the Broncos pull the plug on Cutler now and get the best value available - if they do it will set the franchise back at least a couple of years assuming that his replacement is a younger QB. The effort to get a franchise QB at this point will impact the ability to restock the defensive side of the ball. A difficult decision but one that may be made a lot sooner than we all want.

extralife
03-11-2009, 01:35 AM
I keep hoping this whole thing is a dream and I'll wake up in November and Mike Shanahan will be our coach and Jay Cutler will be smiling and we'll be 10-2 and the SI cover will read DENVER BRONCOS: THE FUTURE IS NOW

dsmoot
03-11-2009, 01:43 AM
I keep hoping this whole thing is a dream and I'll wake up in November and Mike Shanahan will be our coach and Jay Cutler will be smiling and we'll be 10-2 and the SI cover will read DENVER BRONCOS: THE FUTURE IS NOW

The Broncos would then lose the last 4 games and miss the playoffs in the manner the Pats did. Cutler would be pouting. Shanahan would be trying to explain why his team faded down the stretch for the 5th year in a row (except 2005). We would then be looking to fill our defensive holes with 4 year veterans that have only started a couple of games.

You should have slept better.

extralife
03-11-2009, 03:40 AM
man that sounds like a wet dream compared to this

LittleFloyd
03-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Jay, pull up your panties and get to work.

Willynowei
03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
No, you have it wrong.

You're a new boss at a company who's top sales guy generates 50% of the income at the firm. He thinks you're out to get him and has made it known to the whole company that he wants an apology.

Then you tell me how easily you would kick the guys ass and put the hardline at him.

In every organization, the person with the most influence is the man who's hardest to replace and provides the most contributions to the organization. Cutler is not a chess piece, he's THE chess piece. And threatening to trade him is playig with fire. Because fans and owners care about one thing in the end - wins. Just like its all about money in business.

Principles have their place - in the toilet.

rugbythug
03-11-2009, 06:58 AM
<script language="JavaScript"> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </script>So much for communication.
According to an NFL source, Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler came away from a conference call with team officials Monday believing that for the right deal, he would be traded between now and the NFL draft, which begins April 25.
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would not comment, but a source close to the team said Broncos officials had a different interpretation of how the conference call went.
McDaniels was joined on one end of the conference call by Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and chief operating officer Joe Ellis. Cutler was in Nashville, Tenn., during the call and was accompanied by his agent, Bus Cook.
The Broncos, according to the source close to the team, say the
call was conducted in a nonconfrontational manner, with team officials willing to answer every question, and that the call ended positively. The possibility of a future trade never came up. However, Cutler came away disappointed.
Who says all good relationships start with communication?
Cutler, who has been the Broncos' starting quarterback dating to the final five games of the 2006 season, has been irked since learning McDaniels supposedly considered trading him to Tampa Bay in a deal that would have brought New England quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver. McDaniels coached Cassel at New England last season.
However, nothing presented by New England coach Bill Belichick came close to enticing McDaniels to accept a deal for Cassel, who instead was traded to Kansas City on Feb. 28.
McDaniels said he merely received calls on Cutler from other teams and announced through a team spokesman last week that "the Denver Broncos are not trading Jay Cutler. Period."
Still, leak of the proposed trade stung Cutler, who believed he was misled by McDaniels. According to both NFL sources, Cutler and Broncos officials entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two
<!-- gearEnv.getGearInstanceParameter("pollId") = null --><!-- (String)request.getParameter("pollId") = 11881484 --><!-- polls.jsp reports: pollId = 11881484 --><!-- polls.jsp reports: css = null --><!-- mills = 1236779305671 --><!-- pollId = 11881484 --><!-- threshold = null --><!-- options = null --><!-- css = null --><!-- cookies are enabled --><!-- cookieKey = Poll:11881484 --><!-- has voted = false --><!-- display poll is not null --><form action="http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256?_DARGS=/portlet/polls/html/display_poll.jsp" name="polls_11881484_1236779305671" method="post"><input value="UTF-8" name="_dyncharset" type="hidden"><input style="display: none;" name="/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.vote" id="voteButton_11881484_1236779305671" type="submit"><input value=" " name="_D:/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.vote" type="hidden"><input value="http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256" name="/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.voteErrorURL" id="voteErrorURL_11881484_1236779305671" type="hidden"><input value=" " name="_D:/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.voteErrorURL" type="hidden"><input value="http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256" name="/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.voteSuccessURL" id="voteSuccessURL_11881484_1236779305671" type="hidden"><input value=" " name="_D:/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.voteSuccessURL" type="hidden"><input value="" name="/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.repositoryId" id="answerRepositoryId_11881484_1236779305671" type="hidden"><input value=" " name="_D:/mngi/polls/PollsVoteDetailFormHandler.repositoryId" type="hidden"><table class="pollsBox" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="pollsHead">
</td></tr><tr><td class="pollsQuestion">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td class="pollsSubmit">
</td></tr></tbody></table><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> function vote_disabled() { alert('Voting has been disabled on preview...'); } function vote_11881484_1236779305671() { var answerId = 0; var somethingChecked = false; var prefix = 'answer_11881484_1236779305671_'; var numOfAnswers = 4; for (var x=0; x < numOfAnswers; x++) { var aTemp = prefix + x; if (document.getElementById(aTemp).checked == true) { answerId = document.getElementById(aTemp).value; somethingChecked = true; } } if (somethingChecked) { document.getElementById("answerRepositoryId_11881484_1236779305671").value = answerId; document.getElementById("voteButton_11881484_1236779305671").click(); } else { alert("You must choose an answer to vote on a poll!"); } var mills = 1236779305671; } </script><input value="/portlet/polls/html/display_poll.jsp" name="_DARGS" type="hidden"></form>
sides would put the controversy behind them. Apparently, only the team officials came away satisfied. Cutler said the meeting didn't go as hoped, according to the NFL source, adding that McDaniels reiterated no one is untradable for the sake of improving the team and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday. Offseason conditioning workouts are — by de-finition — "voluntary," but players understand coaches expect them to attend.
According to the source close to the Broncos, McDan-iels said only that the team looked forward to seeing Cutler on Monday.
Thus, the next stage in this McJaygate drama.
According to the NFL source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he would report Monday. If Cutler doesn't report to Broncos headquarters next week, he would be viewed as undermining McDaniels' authority. What would the team do then? The Broncos may have no other choice but to move the player who in recent years has been dubbed not just the quarterback, but the "franchise" quarterback.
Ill feelings between Cutler and the Broncos began when Bowlen fired longtime coach Mike Shanahan two days after the Broncos were trounced by San Diego in a playoff-or-bust game in the 2008 regular-season finale. Cutler blasted the decision, then stated his support for passing-game coordinator Jeremy Bates.
When McDaniels became the new head coach, Bates was not retained. But in time, Cutler had warmed to McDaniels. They had spent a couple of weeks together at the team's headquarters studying the New England offensive system right up until the time the free-agent, trading season opened Feb. 27.
The next day brought reports Cutler was involved in trade talks, and there has been a rift between the quarterback and his bosses ever since. The most immediate question confronting Broncoland is: Can Cutler and the team reconcile their differences by the time the team begins its offseason conditioning program Monday?
Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

rugbythug
03-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Story is updated

Beantown Bronco
03-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Jay is nothing more than potential at this point in his career.

His ProBowl selection last season says otherwise.

Drek
03-11-2009, 07:05 AM
His ProBowl selection last season says otherwise.

Yes, because the Pro Bowl never votes guys in based on a good first half of the season, or based simply on reputation.

Willynowei
03-11-2009, 07:06 AM

Cutler's not pissed off about him entertaining an offer, he thinks the guy shopped him - probably through a budy in NE, and now is denying it through PR.

It would take McDaniels all of about 5 hours from his day to fly to TN, talk to him in person and then fly back. The fact that McDaniel's first contact with Cutler had to be thorugh a conference call speaks volumes about the situation.

This is not like the Brett Favre situation, because Favre went back on his word and Green Bay made every effort to communicate with Favre.

No one is asking for concessions here, it is the responsibility of management in every organization to talk to its players/employees so as to avoid media circuses like these. Denver's already looking a lot less honest than it was under Shanahan. The proposed trades for Cutler, Scheffler and the firing of the Goodmans have create an air of distrust, whose next like approach. Its like a new regime comming into a company and firing people. But not the inept people, your best people, people you look up to.

How would that make you feel? Its managements job to come an have a meeting with everyone and explain what is going on, the players have a right to question. But hey, Cutler will be out of here soon and we'll be back to a high level - almost there team, without a quaterback for another 10 years.

DrFate
03-11-2009, 07:10 AM
No, you have it wrong.

That's just silly. Respect is EARNED. And Sparky hasn't earned it.

I normally agree with you, Popps - but I think you are 100% off base on this one.

Circle Orange
03-11-2009, 07:13 AM
This is not sounding good ...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11882256?source=rss

"Cutler entered the conference call believing any friction between the two parties would be resolved and the two sides would put the controversy behind them. Instead McDaniels told Cutler no one is untradeable and that the quarterback was expected to report for the team's offseason conditioning program that begins Monday.

According to the source, Cutler has not yet decided whether he will report Monday. "

If that's all that was said (and I doubt it) what's the big deal? so what, no one's untradable. That's true around the league, it's never been any different. right now the Colin Cowherd show is on here, and he's talking about the situation. He says Jay really has more of a problem with Bowlen, and that Bowlen is angry (comments that rich and powerful people have long memories) and that this all started when Shanahan got fired and Jay publicly stated his displeasure with management and surprise at the firing. Later it had to do with his comments regarding coaching staff selections.

Think Bowlen is sipping wine somewhere saying "Take THAT, boy. It's still MY team!"

Circle Orange
03-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Thank you for your clarity. If the most recent report is being communicated correctly, the Bronco organization is in a real dilemma. Jay is nothing more than potential at this point in his career. More like Elway of 1985. No one knew for sure which road he would be on at that point in his career - the guy with enormous physical talent but didn't have the IT factor to be a championship QB or the Elway of 86/87. Do the Broncos pull the plug on Cutler now and get the best value available - if they do it will set the franchise back at least a couple of years assuming that his replacement is a younger QB. The effort to get a franchise QB at this point will impact the ability to restock the defensive side of the ball. A difficult decision but one that may be made a lot sooner than we all want.

I still don't get the elway comparisons. cutler is not elway, no matter how many similar cirumstances are brought up. Every qb in the first round has potential, that's why they're in the first round. And there's no guarantee that any of them will be successfull. The going rate is 50/50, and that's held up over time.

Traveler
03-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Why haven't we heard anything directly from Bowlen?

Triplelefthook
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, because the Pro Bowl never votes guys in based on a good first half of the season, or based simply on reputation.

Seriously. I am actually a fan of Cutler and his upside, but let's not read too deeply into him being a "Pro-Bowl Quarterback." Everyone on this board should know he didn't deserve to be there.

SoDak Bronco
03-11-2009, 07:47 AM
What McD has done to this fan base is a microcosm of what is happening on this team. I don't care if you support Cutler or McD it is not a good thing. I am pissed that our well respected franchise is being turned into a freaking joke.

SoDak Bronco
03-11-2009, 07:49 AM

bc McD is running the show and he doesn't want to step on his toes

kamakazi_kal
03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
This has NOTHING to do with the team entertaining calls for him! Gawd! Jay said that.

This is about TRUST.

Are you purposely being obtuse? Can you not fathom the distinction?

Did you just call me OBTUSE? that's a month in the hole Mr. Dufrane

kamakazi_kal
03-11-2009, 08:07 AM

Just so you rembember ...... McShorty is in the process of destroying that "nucleus"

Popps
03-11-2009, 09:45 AM
In every organization, the person with the most influence is the man who's hardest to replace and provides the most contributions to the organization. Cutler is not a chess piece, he's THE chess piece. .

I don't have to pretend to work in the working world. I actually do it. Have done it for a very long time, and no matter who you are, there's always someone with their thumb on you, to some extent.

Cutler is certainly no except. He's a chess piece, and the events since McDaniel arrived have only gone further to illustrate that.

Cutler didn't wan Shanahan fired... he was fired.

Cutler didn't want Bates fired... he was fired.

Cutler thinks he is beyond trading.... he was talked about in a trade.

So, I don't need to make believe business world. I can simply look at the facts here and see that Jay isn't calling the shots, nor should he be.

Popps
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Just so you rembember ...... McShorty is in the process of destroying that "nucleus"

Really?

By entertaining offers to potentially make the team better?

Weird way of "destroying" anything.

What changes have been made, exactly. Go ahead and list for me the personnel moves on offense so far that have "destroyed" this team.

Look forward to reading the list....

RaiderH8r
03-11-2009, 09:49 AM
No, you have it wrong.

And what good is it if the coach and his insecure attitude alienate the players to the point where they're just passing through to collect the check? What happens when players won't play for the coach? I've seen what happens in that situation and it usually means you end up twelve steps back from where you started, without personnnel, without coaches, and in disarray. McD needs to learn how to handle personalities and put down his little dictatorial tantrums. Part of being an effective coach is being an effective psychyiatrist.

RaiderH8r
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't have to pretend to work in the working world. I actually do it. Have done it for a very long time, and no matter who you are, there's always someone with their thumb on you, to some extent.

Cutler is certainly no except. He's a chess piece, and the events since McDaniel arrived have only gone further to illustrate that.

Cutler didn't wan Shanahan fired... he was fired.

Cutler didn't want Bates fired... he was fired.

Cutler thinks he is beyond trading.... he was talked about in a trade.

So, I don't need to make believe business world. I can simply look at the facts here and see that Jay isn't calling the shots, nor should he be.

McHelmet has accomplished exactly jack and sh!t as a head coach and personnel guy so forgive me if I remain a bit skeptical with regards to his approach to dealing a franchise QB for his security blanket and a warm bottle of milk.

Rohirrim
03-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Why would we? The last thing he wants to do is respond publicly to the tantrums of a QB. Besides, he has hired the people he wants to manage the team. At this point, I'm convinced that Cutler and his agent are doing this on purpose. I'm sure Bowlen knows that now as well. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Bus Cook is behind leaking the Cassel/Chiefs deal to the Bucs to get this whole thing started.

telluride
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Bus Cook is almost certainly an instigator in all this. Look at how he handled Favre's affairs for the past few seasons.

barryr
03-11-2009, 10:56 AM
The Shanahan supporters are the ones who are the knee jerkers about McDaniels and "fire him" garbage before he's even coached a freaking game.

I'm upset the Broncos have allowed the media to run away with this story on a daily basis.

Would I like the Broncos to keep Cutler? Sure, but if he's not going to get his head out of his butt, then they are better off without him since to this point, they haven't won jack with him. And if this kind of thing bothers him to this extreme, then I don't know if this guy can handle big pressure situations and games.

RaiderH8r
03-11-2009, 10:59 AM
The Shanahan supporters are the ones who are the knee jerkers about McDaniels and "fire him" garbage before he's even coached a freaking game.

I'm upset the Broncos have allowed the media to run away with this story on a daily basis.

Would I like the Broncos to keep Cutler? Sure, but if he's not going to get his head out of his butt, then they are better off without him since to this point, they haven't won jack with him. And if this kind of thing bothers him to this extreme, then I don't know if this guy can handle big pressure situations and games.

Cutler's fine. The guy has done more with less in his first three years than most quarterbacks in the league. Christ, the only time his O ever gets the ball back is after the other team scores. Until last year we had a revolving door playing LT and this year we went through 7 running backs. Christ Cutler and our O are the only bright spots on this team and McD can't handle being away from his warm milk and security binky. Christ we hired Linus.