PDA

View Full Version : Take this with a grain of salt...

cmhargrove
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Jennings Scheduled for Private Workout
by Ed Thompson of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, March 8, 2009 at 9:08pm ET

Rashad Jennings Profile

An NFL source has told Scout.com that Liberty RB Rashad Jennings will be holding a private workout for the Denver Broncos on Monday, March 8.

Jennings, who rushed for 1,500 yards during his senior year, is expected to be no less than a second-round pick in this year's NFL Draft.

link: http://den.scout.com/a.z?s=101&p=9&c=2&cid=845494&nid=3936256&fhn=1

For what it's worth, they also insinuate that we have looked at DE Cody Brown from UConn, and possibly Nic Harris from OU.

Once again, take it with a grain of salt, i'm no insider, just reposting...

cmhargrove
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's a video of Cody brown - would look to be an OLB prospect.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_KTeWMfkyM8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_KTeWMfkyM8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rohirrim
03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
It just occured to me; I had a pretty good idea of what to expect out of Shanahan. If he brought a guy in, or focused heavily on somebody at the combine, I knew we wouldn't be getting that guy. With Xanders and McD, I don't know what to expect. Like Maher says, New Rules. ;D

BroncoMan4ever
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
i will dance a happy dance if we get Jennings.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
It just occured to me; I had a pretty good idea of what to expect out of Shanahan. If he brought a guy in, or focused heavily on somebody at the combine, I knew we wouldn't be getting that guy. With Xanders and McD, I don't know what to expect. Like Maher says, New Rules. ;D

That's exactly what I was thinking. We have no idea if this is a smoke screen or not. We don't know what their MO is. It's also a weird year in a lot of ways for us so even this move might not be "the pattern" as they say.

ludo21
03-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Jennings is going to be a great back, I wouldnt mind adding him in the 2nd round at all.

That would be awesome! I agree, this is a weird year as far as drafting goes. Before I never had a clue who we would go after, but now I assume it will be BPA or a player that fits our system.

ayjackson
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM

NE's policy was to bring people in for private meetings if they wanted more information on the player. It was never to deceive. Players would be moved down or off the draft board as often as moved up or on.

gyldenlove
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Donald Brown from Uconn has also been invited to Denver according to himself.

It looks like we are going for ANOTHER RB.

chaz
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
If Hillis and Torain are not brought back it will be a joke and will probably really piss off Bobby Turner

with that said, Brown is the real deal...and maybe Jennings is too

Requiem
03-10-2009, 11:00 PM
I'd like Brown or Jennings. They are good.