PDA

View Full Version : espn says marshall not likely suspended..

tsiguy96
03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
found this on BM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3945483

so marshall haters, suck it. if he never deserved to be arrested in the first place, how can anyone say its his fault he got arrested? it makes no sense at all. he gets arrested for such stupid, minor ****, its amazing how some people view him on here as such a trouble maker. im not gonna use the "never been convicted" line because pacman wasnt either, but i dont think he has even gotten close to seeing the inside of a courthouse, unlike pacman and tank johnson.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
found this on BM

so marshall haters, suck it. if he never deserved to be arrested in the first place, how can anyone say its his fault he got arrested? it makes no sense at all. he gets arrested for such stupid, minor ****, its amazing how some people view him on here as such a trouble maker. im not gonna use the "never been convicted" line because pacman wasnt either, but i dont think he has even gotten close to seeing the inside of a courthouse, unlike pacman and tank johnson.

I don't agree that it's stupid, minor **** to be hitting your fiancee in front of a police officer...Brandon's fault or not.

tsiguy96
03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't agree that it's stupid, minor **** to be hitting your fiancee in front of a police officer...Brandon's fault or not.

yea, the thing is, if he was hitting his fiancee in front of a police offer, do you think he would get all charges dropped and be out of jail within hours? really? use some sense here.

Killericon
03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Good, that means we could try to trade him.

For the record, I like Marshall, I'm just sick of all of his bull****.

broncocalijohn
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
here we go again....
So the Flava Clown gets to play all games (unless something happens from now to playing each week) which is good as a football fan or wife beaters. Ok, just trying to stir it up on the last part.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Good news...obviously something weird happened here. There's no way he slugged his fiance in front of cop and then suddenly got off.

Popcorn Sutton
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
So Michael Smith from ESPN is the authority on this?

SouthStndJunkie
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
That article is a week old.

TheDave
03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Like him or not, we need him on the field. I'm hoping this entire thing goes away.

tsiguy96
03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Good news...obviously something weird happened here. There's no way he slugged his fiance in front of cop and then suddenly got off.

yea, you dont get into a fight, with a woman much less, and get all charges dropped within hours, and reports saying that you should have never been arrested in teh first place. all you whiny babies will stop bitching once the season starts. you expect these guys to be absolutely perfect saints, without realizing they are all like 25 years old or under, they WILL make mistakes, except marshall is very publicly aware and critical of the mistakes he has made. find someone else who is like that.

DenverBrit
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
found this on BM

Old news dated the 2nd. Much has been written since.

montrose
03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I was excited until I saw it was an ESPN report. So we can confirm Marshall isn't suspended, the Broncos were dying to rid themselves of Cutler and Shanny is going to coach the Chiefs this season.

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Marshall better not drop balls all over the field this coming season.

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I've never hit a woman in my life. On the flip side I have never been attacked by one either. Marshall seems to pick volatile women. Let's hope he fares better with them, and with the football coming season.

How about scoring double digit tds instead of double d's?

Archer81
03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Note to Marshall...ease up on the slap fights with your woman.

:Broncos:

Jason in LA
03-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I clicked on this thread hoping to read something new to this story. Something that actually says that he won't be suspended. But this story is a week old, and doesn't give any indications to whether or not he will be suspended. This report and video came out a day after he was arrested. We've all seen this... a week ago.

He can very well be suspended. I thought it was BS the first time he was suspended. What did he actually do? But this time around, it appears that he did do something. He hit a woman (we don't know who started it or any of the details of the fight, but we do know that there was a fight). So he can very well be suspended. I hope he's not, but if he is, he brought it on himself and I'm not going to say that the league screwed him over. Even if she started it, he shouldn't have hit her. He has too much to lose.

55CrushEm
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM

Unless he's a sadist. Ba-da-bing.

Thanks, I'm here all week. Try the veal. :thanku:

Gcver2ver3
03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
c'mon dude that article is old and much has been said since then...

this changes NOTHING and i'm a little frustrated that this thread allowed me to get my hopes up...

Broncoman13
03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
found this on BM

Nice post... Genius

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
This is the first post of the article he linked.
DENVER -- Denver Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall faces a possible suspension even though a disorderly conduct charge stemming from a fight with his fiance was dismissed in an Atlanta court Monday.

Where does it say he likely won't be suspended? This says the opposite.

eddie mac
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
So can we still hate Marshall.Hilarious!

no-pseudo-fan
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Michael Smith was in court with B Marsh and the Judge laughed and dropped all charges, say that they shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. I am tired of people saying this and that about B Marsh. If he hit anyone, in front of anyone, the charges would not have been dropped. This is the last time I am saying anything on this matter.

Popps
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM

Sassy, Sassy, Sassy... hitting women is FINE.

He can catch a football!

It was all his girlfriend's fault.

Wait, I mean his new girlfriend's fault.

All 15 of Brandon's infractions with the law were someone else's fault. People just won't stop picking on him!

Popps
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey, did we ever decide which girlfriend it was that forced Brandon to drive drunk?

DHallblows
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Seriously? People actually think he (a strong football player) HIT his girlfriend (a small, weak...whatever she is) in front of a police officer and was still released the next day? Seriously people?

cabronco
03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Note to Marshall...ease up on the slap fights with your woman.

:Broncos:

Maybe he's just trying to get feeling back in his hand ? ???

tsiguy96
03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Michael Smith was in court with B Marsh and the Judge laughed and dropped all charges, say that they shouldn't have been arrested in the first place. I am tired of people saying this and that about B Marsh. If he hit anyone, in front of anyone, the charges would not have been dropped. This is the last time I am saying anything on this matter.

quoted for people who didnt see it the first time.

Mr Chatterboodamn
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
omg "flavor clown"!

BroncoMan4ever
03-10-2009, 04:23 PM

i don't think he hit her. he is a big strong dude and had he hit her, there would have been visible evidence and he would not have been released and had charges dropped hours later.

brncobrett
03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
This is the first post of the article he linked.

Where does it say he likely won't be suspended? This says the opposite.

Thank god I thought it was just me...Old news..nothing mentioned about not getting suspended still :bash:

Popps
03-10-2009, 05:21 PM
i don't think he hit her. he is a big strong dude and had he hit her, there would have been visible evidence and he would not have been released and had charges dropped hours later.

The report said they were physically hitting/kicking each other. In a case like that, both idiots are arrested.

It just so happens that this particular idiot has been in the back of cop cars constantly. So, the whole "it's not his fault" routine is really ****ing tired.

If this guy didn't play football for the Broncos, this entire forum would want to burn him at the stake.

Can you imagine if this was just some actor, newscaster or CEO of a company? This place would be 100% unified in locking him up and throwing away the keys.

But, he play-football-good, so all of these arrests/incidents must be someone else's fault.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
The report said they were physically hitting/kicking each other. In a case like that, both idiots are arrested.

It just so happens that this particular idiot has been in the back of cop cars constantly. So, the whole "it's not his fault" routine is really ****ing tired.

If this guy didn't play football for the Broncos, this entire forum would want to burn him at the stake.

Can you imagine if this was just some actor, newscaster or CEO of a company? This place would be 100% unified in locking him up and throwing away the keys.

But, he play-football-good, so all of these arrests/incidents must be someone else's fault.
But Popps....his name is Brandon Marshall. :rofl:

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Lemme guess ... Champ Bailey is the only Broncos player you actually like.

Jason in LA
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I know a woman he got into a fight with her sister and ended up stabbing her in the side. It wasn't much of a stab, but it broke the skin and her sister was bleeding. She was arrested, spent the weekend in jail, and was facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon. But her sister chose not to press charges, and the cops released her. I think the investigators pretty much said that she didn't intend to stab her sister, and that it wasn't much of an injury, so they just chalked it up to a family disagreement. Really thinking about it, they could have arrested both of them because they were both equal parties in the fight.

The point is that the DA doesn't have to charge somebody in a case like this, even if something went on. Marshall and the woman don't want charges pressed against each other, so what's the point of charging either of them, especially if there was no real damage done to either of them?

The way I understand it, the cops pretty much have to arrest somebody, or both parties, if they are hitting each other. It doesn't mean that they'll be charged with a crime.

The league could step in and punish Marshall for this. I hope it doesn't happen, but they certainly do have cause to do so.

Jason in LA
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM

I don't think he hit her hard enough to cause damage. But it does appear that he did hit her, or the cops would be lying. There doesn't have to be damage for it to be considered assault. Actually, if you simply touch a person who does not want you to touch them, it can be considered assault.

SoCalBronco
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
If, by some miracle, he doesnt get suspended, it doesn't mean people should shut up about him. He put himself and his team at risk, AGAIN.

He doesn't get it. He can't get it. He's a ****ing moron.

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
If, by some miracle, he doesnt get suspended, it doesn't mean people should shut up about him. He put himself and his team at risk, AGAIN.

He doesn't get it. He can't get it. He's a ****ing moron.

I'm not 100% clear ... was this his new fiancee, or his old fiancee?

The old fiancee's insane extortion attempt on Bowlen brought B-Marsh some goodwill with the commish, I mean, she's obviosuly insane and is threatening one of the league's better owners. But this is his NEW fiancee? The one he proposed to Pro Bowl week? Damn ... there's no excuse there, this one's all on B-Marsh.

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not 100% clear ... was this his new fiancee, or his old fiancee?

The old fiancee's insane extortion attempt on Bowlen brought B-Marsh some goodwill with the commish, I mean, she's obviosuly insane and is threatening one of the league's better owners. But this is his NEW fiancee? The one he proposed to Pro Bowl week? Damn ... there's no excuse there, this one's all on B-Marsh.

I believe it was the new gal.......

ZachKC
03-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Doesn't make sense. I thought the NFL hated the Broncos.