PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Broncos no longer exist

slyinky
03-10-2009, 11:10 AM
(Movie trailer voice) In a world...where your favorite NFL team no longer exists. What do you do? How do you survive? Do you dare change your allegiance to another? And if so, who....<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YteNFOE-J-0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YteNFOE-J-0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YzhGMXGL1wA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

BMarsh615
03-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't have a favorite team. I would root for whoever was playing the Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, and Patriots.

I might root for whoever Shanahan is coaching if Denver for some reason didn't have a football team.

Anaximines
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
49ers baby!

Los Broncos
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't care about the game as much that's for sure.

Irish Stout
03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
If the Broncos didn't exist I would root for the Broncos... so thats why I voted for them.

MileHighMagic
03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Houston Texans.

They're the next closest thing.

bronco militia
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I think we just got rick rolled

ak1971
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
your mom

Pony Boy
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Just couldn't do it !!
Raider-Hater for Life !!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Seahawks. Always have been my second favorite.

slyinky
03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
If the Broncos didn't exist I would root for the Broncos... so thats why I voted for them.
The question isn't the same as the thread title. I figured the Broncos aren't the favorite team of everybody here so I included them in the poll.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Dolphins....just to spite the Jets fans around me

gyldenlove
03-10-2009, 11:37 AM
49ers, I have a lot of buddies who are 49ers fans and it would be nice if they would talk to me again, they don't like that the Broncos are better.

TDmvp
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Just couldn't do it !!
Raider-Hater for Life !!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=23631&stc=1&d=1236709979

Yum ...
Now that is the most Festive post made in these here parts in weeks ....

OBF1
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
So many sell outs here....not that I am shocked. Broncos and only the Broncos.

Meck77
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Just couldn't do it !!
Raider-Hater for Life !!

Nice.....I'm with you.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM

The threads on this board are just garbage lately...
...and where were these idiots posting them during the regular season? It seems they only come out of hiding when there is adversity.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM

yea...because taking on hypothetical events and answering is selling out...

"If Earth didnt exist and you had to live somewhere else where would you live?"

"I would live anywhere else because Earth is the BEST and all the other planets stink like feet!! Anyone who doesnt like Earth can GET OUT!!!"

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
This is a really good question. I suppose my love for the NFL would wane. I'd still watch it cause I love football, but i certainly wouldnt care too much about things like the draft...etc. Perhaps, in time, i'd pick up another team, but probably would never love them with the same zeal.

On a similar note, here's a question. The cleveland brown scenario. Suppose the broncos were moved to Mississippi, and five years later, a group bought a football franchise in Denver, called them the broncos, and held on to all broncos records and lore.

Do you think you'd root for the mississippi spears (for arguments sake) in the interim and, if you did, would you still root for the mississippi team once the broncos came back?

slyinky
03-10-2009, 11:52 AM
The threads on this board are just garbage lately...
...and where were these idiots posting them during the regular season? It seems they only come out of hiding when there is adversity.
Uhh What does this have to do with adversity? It's just a hypothetical question regarding ones favorite NFL team.

Crushaholic
03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Give me a 100k and I'll tell you...

broncswin
03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Broncos, I would root for them to come back baby!!!

slyinky
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM
This is a really good question. I suppose my love for the NFL would wane. I'd still watch it cause I love football, but i certainly wouldnt care too much about things like the draft...etc. Perhaps, in time, i'd pick up another team, but probably would never love them with the same zeal.

On a similar note, here's a question. The cleveland brown scenario. Suppose the broncos were moved to Mississippi, and five years later, a group bought a football franchise in Denver, called them the broncos, and held on to all broncos records and lore.

Do you think you'd root for the mississippi spears (for arguments sake) in the interim and, if you did, would you still root for the mississippi team once the broncos came back?

What if the Broncos were moved to Los Angeles? I would still root for the L.A. team even if a football franchise was brought back to Denver. Otherwise, no.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 12:08 PM
What if the Broncos were moved to Los Angeles? I would still root for the L.A. team even if a football franchise was brought back to Denver. Otherwise, no.

Yeah, living in LA, it wouldnt surprise me if i kept my allegiance to the LA Broncos.

jayman_37
03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
i want to change my vote to Broncos. I didn't see it until I looked at the results. Why would they be an option if they don't exist?

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3711/seahawkslogoglow12x10.jpg

maher_tyler
03-10-2009, 12:34 PM
i want to change my vote to Broncos. I didn't see it until I looked at the results. Why would they be an option if they don't exist?

Not everyone on the Manes favorite team is the Broncos...

I chose the Vikes cause there next closest to where i grew up from..it was either them or the 9ers...also, i'd prolly fallow my favorite college team more closely.

Pony Boy
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM

That's just not right !! Shame on you for even having that thought in your head !! Go take a time out and write "I love the Broncos" a 100 times on the chalk board.

razorwire77
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Green Bay Packers. One of the few franchises and fanbases that still create an old school football environment.

ZONA
03-10-2009, 01:16 PM

Now that's a much better and more realistic question then if your team never existed. They did and do exist so the question is irrelevant. If the Broncos no longer existed, they would be some other franchise in another city. Teams just don't disappear into thin air.

If the Broncos were moved to another city, hmmm, that would be very hard to deal with, especially if no new team came in right away. I suppose I would still follow that team but not with the same zest. I would probably watch them and the Cards equally. But once Denver got a new team - time to support the new team. I certainly would hope Denver kept the "BRONCOS" name so if a new team came, we again would be the Denver Broncos. But it could work out where the new team was funded by the entire state and be called the Colorado Broncos. Just as many teams that have moved have done that when there was no other NFL team in that state (Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers).

Broncosfreak_56
03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
The Browns. My dad is from there and they have always been my second favorite team.

Mogulseeker
03-10-2009, 01:20 PM
The question is, "If your FAVORITE NFL team no longer existed, who would you root for?"

This would imply that anyone who voted for the Broncos doesn't put them as their favorite team.

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
The question is, "If your FAVORITE NFL team no longer existed, who would you root for?"

This would imply that anyone who voted for the Broncos doesn't put them as their favorite team.

I am a lawyer, and that is a valid argument. It more than IMPLIES it, it states it as fact Knowitall

19Morton77
03-10-2009, 01:28 PM
How can you vote for something that doesnt exist? Why not have the option for Birmingham Bus Riders then? I put Detroit so I can be so sick of watching the pathetic nature of the Lions that I would give up on them and do something on Sunday like fishing or playing ball with my kids. At least Broncofan2438 has the option of rooting on the Chargers or Raiders. Hell, he already got rid of his Broncos gear so he almost has them as non existed already.

no-pseudo-fan
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I would have voted for the Denver Gold.

Finger Roll
03-10-2009, 01:48 PM
either Carolina or Tampa Bay. Nobody in the AFC since I hate them all except Denver.

broncocalijohn
03-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I would have voted for the Denver Gold.

Hilarious! I was going to say the exact thing. Kudos! I mean if you can pick the Broncos that dont exist, why not another Denver Football team.

Broncomutt
03-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I've been thinking about adopting Carolina as my favorite NFC team. This is just so that an during an all-NFC Monday Night Football game I would have a rooting interest (NFC matches have zero bearing on my Broncos playoff hopes). Also, I would have a reason to actually attend games, since I rarely ever make it to Denver.

Obviously, when the 2 play, like they did this year, I will be sporting orange and rooting for the Broncos as hard as always.

Archer81
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I grew up in NC, and we were there during the Panther's debut season. I can watch the Panthers and root for them, same with the Cardinals. The Broncos are my team, but if they didnt exist, I am not sure I would be into football at all, especially if I knew they once and existed and no longer do.

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Hilarious! I was going to say the exact thing. Kudos! I mean if you can pick the Broncos that dont exist, why not another Denver Football team.
Or why not a college team?

I take back the Sea-gals, and choose instead:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4096/coloradobuffaloeslogo.jpg

Best logo in college sports ...
Best mascot in college sports ...
Best campus in college sports ...
Best stadium in college football ...
Best team in college sports!

Mogulseeker
03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I am a lawyer, and that is a valid argument. It more than IMPLIES it, it states it as fact Knowitall

Well I may not be a lawyer yet, but I am a political science student, and I've submitted all my packages for grad school, anyway

Cmac821
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Why are the Broncos a choice?

slyinky
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Now that's a much better and more realistic question then if your team never existed. They did and do exist so the question is irrelevant. If the Broncos no longer existed, they would be some other franchise in another city. Teams just don't disappear into thin air.
Teams can be dissolved. Instead of the team relocating to another city, the teams players are distributed amongst the other teams via draft. There was actually talk of this happening to the Florida Marlins a few years back.

slyinky
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Why are the Broncos a choice?
Because the question is: "If your favorite NFL team no longer existed, who would you root for?" Not everybody's favorite team is the Denver Broncos.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Because the question is: "If your favorite NFL team no longer existed, who would you root for?" Not everybody's favorite team is the Denver Broncos.

Yes, and apparently the following individuals, according to this poll, are not Broncos fans:

broncofan7, BroncoLifer, broncswin, CBF1, DB_champ24, DennisSmithHOF, Doug, Irish Stout, Taco John, TheDave, wolf754life

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
College Ball