PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Matt Wilhelm with Cutler questions

richpjr
03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I just read this interview that a Charger blogger did with Matt Wilhelm where people gave him questions to ask Matt Wilhelm and Cutler was brought up a few times. Here are a few of the questions (don't shoot the messenger):

Tell us what it’s like facing Jay Cutler twice a year…..

(Laughs) You’re not gonna print this in the paper, right? I’ll tell you what it’s like. He’s a p***Y. He’s a *****ing cry-baby. The guy’s an ugly-a$$ duckweed, and I make sure I tell him that every time I see him on the football field, but I think he already knows it, and so does his ****ing teammates. He’s a loser, right up there with Gonzalez.” (KC’s Tony)

Tony Gonzalez is a cryer?

“Oh, GOD, is he EVER. ‘Don’t touch me, they’re grabbin’ me, ref, make them let me go, watch me. watch me.’ Still not as bad as that $hithead Cutler, though. What a total loser. I wasn’t surprised when the Broncos tried to trade his sorry a$$. You should have heard the $hit he was shovelin’ in that game at the Q in ‘07, the game where Philip (Rivers) was takin’ $hit for yellin’ at Cutler, they saw P.R. on TV, and said Philip started it. *****, you gotta be kiddin’ me. It was that p***Y Cutler that STARTED all that $hit, telling’ us ‘I’m comin’, here I come, We’re comin’ for ya.’ Bring it on, p***Y, we’d tell him. ****. He NEVER does. 38-to-3 last year, 52-to-21 this year. Yeah, you’re comin’. p***Y. ALL talk, and nuthin’ to back it up. He’s a loser, and I’m glad he’s stayin’ in Denver, so we can visit him two more times.”

(Ouch) Follow-up question needed here…..

So you and Jay aren’t the best of friends, I take it…..

“You could say that. You know, I’m just glad that everyone’s finally finding out what Jay’s all about, and what our guy’s all about. One’s a winner, and the other’s a puss. I laughed when I heard that D (Kris Dielman) Threw that a$$**** into the pool.” (Laughs)

Can you share what was going on down on the field with you and Cutler and Rivers in that game in 2007 at Qualcomm?

“Like I said, Jay’d keep telling us that he’s gonna shred us, we’re slow, we can’t cover anyone, we’ve never seen an arm like his, $hit like that, all game long. I mean, we’re up four TD’s, and they kick a field goal, so Cutler wouldn’t hear us telling’ him that we’re gonna shut us out. What a crock of $hit. That field goal didn’t mean anything, you p***Y, we’d tell him. Nice going. Three points. BIG deal. Go ahead, you p***Y, throw the ball some more, you di**head. It was GREAT, we were just layin’ into him. Man, Phillips was just KILLIN’ Cutler. ‘Come on, Jay! Scramble! Roll on over this way, I’ll hit you so hard, you’ll forget all about you thinkin’ you’re better than Elway! Yeah, I heard that, that you think you’re better than Elway. Come on over here, I’ll knock some sense into that big ol’ head of yours! You couldn’t hold Elway’s jockstrap! You KIDDIN’ ME??? The only way you’re getting’ to a Super Bowl is to buy a ticket!”’ (Omigawd, I just lost it, when he said that. Pause for laughter from the dumba$$ reporter.)

Oh, man, we LOVE tearin’ Jay Cutler a new one. Funny thing is, you can yell all KINDS of things at Peyton, at Tom, at Favre, Ben, all those guys. They don’t care. Just rolls off their back. Not Jay the p***Y. I swear I thought he was gonna cry, when Phillips was smakkin’ him around. Watch him next time, when defenses satart jawin’ at him. He HATES it, and everyone KNOWS it. ‘09 should be fun for that crybaby. People are gonna find out what that guy’s all about, if they haven’t, already.”

Does Rivers truly hate Cutler but unlike Cutler he says all the right things in public? Is he surprised at all the attention Cutler is getting now regarding the trade?

(Laughs) “You kidding? RIVERS? (Laughs) He doesn’t hate ANYONE. You know what P.R. hates? He hates the fact that Cutler’s no challenge for him. He’d LOVE it if Cutler could bring it, but all he does is whine, instead, cries to his WR’s, cries to the coaches, cries to the refs. I told you, the only thing that surprised me is that the Broncos didn’t trade that puss.”

jhat01
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
A consummate professional.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Cutler mus have embarrassed him on the field. There is a lot of unneccessary ranting there. Sounds like he looks at a pussy in the mirror on a daily basis.

Gcver2ver3
that's some funny stuff...:spit: ...

Northman
Old news. Yea, the Chargers hate Cutler and vice versa. Who woulda thunk it? lmao

BlaK-Argentina
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Smart guy right there. BTW I don't buy any of that.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Is this real? It doesn't "read" like its real...

Archer81
03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Or, its a creation of some blogger's imagination.

:Broncos:

supermanhr9
03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
wow,,,,, I hope Cutler isn't like that on the field. That wouldn't be cool.

Archer81
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
My fake alarm is going off.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Who the **** is Matt Wilhelm?

supermanhr9
03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/matt-wilhelm.htm

he looks like a punk. probably just a phone warrior

Archer81
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Matt Wilhelm is that sticky residue on the floor of public bathrooms...

Killericon
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
There's not way this is real.

DomCasual
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Matt Wilhelm is that sticky residue on the floor of public bathrooms...

He's smegma.

theAPAOps5
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
When you find bird guts and parts on the runway or on an airplane there is a technical term for that. Its called snarge. I think Wilhelm is the equivalent of a big pile of snarge

Popcorn Sutton
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Bogus.

LonghornBronco
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
And he is very articulate.

LonghornBronco
03-10-2009, 10:22 AM
He's that little white spec on top of chicken****.

Northman
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
I think he is a bench warmer.

Archer81
03-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Charger fans: Their moms think they are cool.

LonghornBronco
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/yanksup6/dumbass.jpg

Popps
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Wasn't this published a long time ago, or at least posted here a long time ago?

richpjr
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
This interview supposedly happened last night, though it covers old ground.

Northman
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Wasn't this published a long time ago, or at least posted here a long time ago?

Yes, i think last year.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm sure it's fake. Chargers PR would crap themselves if they knew one of their guys was talking like this for mass consumption.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm sure it's fake. Chargers PR would crap themselves if they knew one of their guys was talking like this for mass consumption.

I don't think any player would go off that much about anyone knowing how much of a PR nightmare it would cause.

MagicHef
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't think any player would go off that much about anyone knowing how much of a PR nightmare it would cause.

Well, he is a Charger.

Dudeskey
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
http://terpsboy.com/blogger5/bs-detector.jpg...™

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Based on some of the things I heard about Cutler going back to his college days, I can believe he acts like that on the field. And I'm familiar with the guy who did this "interview". He wouldn't make this stuff up. Maybe Wilhelm might, though I don't know why but if I had to guess, it's probably mostly true with some exaggeration coming into play.

Anyway, for Wilhelm to come out and saying all this about Cutler isn't the smartest or most professional thing to do. He should just take the high road like Rivers has. Maybe he wasn't so concerned about it because he was just talking to a blogger in a casual setting and not a real reporter but Wilhelm has never been mistaken for a smart guy. ;)

The one thing about this is that Cutler already has a reputation of not being able to let things like this go. He takes it too seriously and lets it affect him. When things don't go his way, just like the Cassel trade situation, he loses it. He has no mental toughness and he's never going to live up to his full potential until he changes that.

2KBack
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
regardless if that interview is fake or exaggerated, there is some evidence that Cutler does not have the mental toughness to deal with adverse situations on the field. If he allows people to get to him like some have suggested, he is in real trouble. Teams will feed off that weakness, it would only get worse.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 10:58 AM
well....if this is a real interview, two things need to happen....

1) the reporter needs to look into a different profession....why not ask about the team? Ummm, how about free agency or the games in the playoffs last year....why harp on a Christmas Eve game two years ago

2) Wilhelm needs to read this and look at himself in the mirror...sounds like somebody is a little jealous of ol' Cutler...it's funny that he says, "Cutler takes it all seriously and can't let it go"...and then here he is talking $hit two years later...

Oh and his statline in the 52-21 game this year......1 tackle

Man-Goblin
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
If indeed this is real, it will be funny to see if the national media outlets pick up on it. I can see the ESPN tagline now..

Chargers' Wilhelm calls Culter "****ing Pussy"

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
well....if this is a real interview, two things need to happen....

1) the reporter needs to look into a different profession....why not ask about the team? Ummm, how about free agency or the games in the playoffs last year....why harp on a Christmas Eve game two years ago

The "reported" asked the forum for questions they wanted him to ask Wilhelm. Also, why ask guy who was demoted to second string about free agency questions? What insight is he going to have on that? Do you think AJ Smith lets guys like Wilhelm in on information like that?

This was a chance to ask the questions and get answers that a "real" interview wouldn't provide. Do you really think he would answer those questions like that if he was on ESPN or NFL Network?

Beej
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Ok, wait a minute...

"Can you share what was going on down on the field with you and Cutler and Rivers in that game in 2007 at Qualcomm?

'Like I said, Jay’d keep telling us that he’s gonna shred us, we’re slow, we can’t cover anyone, we’ve never seen an arm like his,...
I’ll hit you so hard, you’ll forget all about you thinkin’ you’re better than Elway! Yeah, I heard that, that you think you’re better than Elway. Come on over here, I’ll knock some sense into that big ol’ head of yours! You couldn’t hold Elway’s jockstrap!"

Didn't the whole Elway arm strength comparison thing happen at the beginning of last season? I'm pretty sure it had to have happened after this game.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
The "reported" asked the forum for questions they wanted him to ask Wilhelm. Also, why ask guy who was demoted to second string about free agency questions? What insight is he going to have on that? Do you think AJ Smith lets guys like Wilhelm in on information like that?

This was a chance to ask the questions and get answers that a "real" interview wouldn't provide. Do you really think he would answer those questions like that if he was on ESPN or NFL Network?

so this is what your fan base is interested in??

what one of your second string players thinks about our Pro Bowl quarterback>????

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 11:15 AM

what one of your second string players thinks about our Pro Bowl quarterback>????

Since he right in the middle of the Rivers-Cutler incident, I can see why there was interest in knowing what really happened.

Wilhelm is not a favorite among Charger fans because of his horrible play in the past two years so there's really not a lot of interest concerning him aside from that incident.

Kaylore
03-10-2009, 11:16 AM

What a joke. You're defending the reporter and the player, and both are juvenile/bush league. Wilhelm, if this is even real, acted like an idiot in this interview. And your reporter doesn't "have" to ask him anything. He could have talked about things that had some relevance.

cousinal11
03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I swear I read those comments a long time ago.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
If anyone is interested I have an interview I did with Jack Williams where he talks about getting food poisoning at Seau's Steakhouse ....

dbfan21
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Aside from the fact this interview is completely fabricated by a Charger fan, Matt Wilhelm is a bench-warming b!tch. Who cares what this zero of a player has to say about Jay Cutler?

Northman
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I swear I read those comments a long time ago.

Ive definitely seen the Cutler/Gonzalas comments a few months ago.

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
What a joke. You're defending the reporter and the player, and both are juvenile/bush league. Wilhelm, if this is even real, acted like an idiot in this interview. And your reporter doesn't "have" to ask him anything. He could have talked about things that had some relevance.

I'm not defending Wilhelm at all. Read my first reply in this thread.

As far as the reporter being bush league, I don't even see how that's possible. It's not the guy's profession. He's a fan just like any of us and he asked his fellow fans what they wanted him to ask Wilhelm.

Northman
03-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Cant really blame Bolt and company. Bronco fans for the last 2 weeks have opened the door to this considering the outcry about Jay's behavior regarding the possible trade senario. They are just piggy backing on everything else going on here.

s0phr0syne
03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Nothing can really counter Wilhelm's comments better than the Broncos kicking the **** out of the Sparklers in games.

So here's hoping that Jay & Co. get it together and sweep the chargers next year.

richpjr
03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Most of this stuff has long since been rehashed, but the one new thing I gleaned out of it was, if you believe Wilhelm, how easily Cutler gets rattled and won't let things go. Now if you look at how hard is struggling with the trade situation, it's believable.

And Wilhelm is not real smart for spewing this stuff publically.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Bill Johnston - Director of Public Relations

johnstonb@chargers.nfl.com

Shoot it to Bill and see what he thinks.

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Bill Johnston - Director of Public Relations

johnstonb@chargers.nfl.com

Shoot it to Bill and see what he thinks.

If you're trying to get Wilhem in trouble and off the team, I think you'd have the support of Charger fans everywhere. ;)

boltaneer
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM

BTW, I should clarify my comments here.

The OP only posted the portion of the interview that related to Cutler. It was a pretty lengthy interview and it covered a pretty wide variety of topics. However, his answers on most of the questions were pretty standard and what you would expect a player to say. It was only on Cutler and Tony G that he let loose.

montrose
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
No clue about the validity of Wilhem's comments but it has appeared to me that Cutler lacks the mental toughness I hoped he'd have at this point.

Popps
03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Just a side-note... if this is a total fabrication, the writer of this blog could be in major, major trouble if it was published and not indicated as parody.

HILife
03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I laughed when I heard that D (Kris Dielman) Threw that a$$**** into the pool.” (Laughs)

Wow! If you hate him so much why didn't you help through him in the pool at the Pro Bowl. Oh......wait.......you weren't there and Cutler was...hhhmmm.

broncocalijohn
03-10-2009, 01:41 PM
When does two QBs battle each other? It isnt like Kobe vs Shaq as they are on the court the whole time. It is Rivers vs the Horrible Broncos Defense and Cutler versus the Chargers defense.

JJJ
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I as a Charger fan will apologize for this dumbass scrub bashing on Cutler. Wilhelm might be the worst starting ILB the Chargers have ever had. (ok that might be stretching because we have had some really bad ones). He really has not backed up such talk with his play and therefore should keep his mouth shut.

Now lets return to the regular scheduled programming of Bronco fans bashing on Cutler.

broncofan2438
03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
You could easily insert the Chuggers fans instead of Cutlers name and it would be a better article

19Morton77
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
You could easily insert the Chuggers fans instead of Cutlers name and it would be a better article

You could easily insert you as the Chuggers fan instead of a Broncos fan and it would make more sense. :wiggle: (it doesnt get old)

ZONA
03-10-2009, 02:34 PM
All he is doing (if this is indeed real) is trying to show off to his boys that he can talk smack, be part of the pack. Shut up Wilhelm. If you got traded tomorrow, you're boys would be talking smack about you as soon as you boarded the plane. They'd be like "Wilhelm, I never even noticed that POS. He played for us? All I remember was some pathetic bench warmer who talked to much". That's the way of the NFL.

Archer81
03-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I doubt the realness of this "interview". It sounds like the ramblings of a 13 year old dweeb who embarasses both the Chargers and the Broncos with this stupid rant. Its a bob in the making. Do you really think anyone would laugh about throwing a guy in the pool who depends on machinery to live?

cutthemdown
03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
The only thing embarrassing is that the Chargers do own us right now. They do kick us around the football field. Cutler better not lose to them bad again next yr because habits are hard to break.

Archer81
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
The only thing embarrassing is that the Chargers do own us right now. They do kick us around the football field. Cutler better not lose to them bad again next yr because habits are hard to break.

Even a blind chicken finds corn once and awhile.

ohiobronco2
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Ive definitely seen the Cutler/Gonzalas comments a few months ago.

Indeed. Either it is a fabrication in parts or old news.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Ahahahahaha...Boltaneer - NICE!