PDA

View Full Version : can any new yorkers or jersey people help me out

PaintballCLE
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
So me and a couple other maners are going to the draft in april........

Hotels in manhattan are way too expensive.........so i was thinking about satying in east rutherford NJ (the hotel i stayed at for the jets game)

my question is: Is there a subway or something that will get me there so i dont have to park in manhattan?

BroncoFiend
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
So me and a couple other maners are going to the draft in april........

Hotels in manhattan are way too expensive.........so i was thinking about satying in east rutherford NJ (the hotel i stayed at for the jets game)

my question is: Is there a subway or something that will get me there so i dont have to park in manhattan?

I don't live there anymore but I did for awhile. Subways don't go to NJ, something called the Path Train does, but it's pretty limited and I have no idea if it goes near where you are. Look into the Path Train, you'll have to transfer, but there may be an option. Otherwise you can take a cab I guess.

Anotehr option would be tolook for a hotel on Long Island/Queens. That way you can take the LIRR or a real subway right into Penn and you can walk to MSG (do they still do the draft at MSG?)

Hope that helps.

PaintballCLE
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't live there anymore but I did for awhile. Subways don't go to NJ, something called the Path Train does, but it's pretty limited and I have no idea if it goes near where you are. Look into the Path Train, you'll have to transfer, but there may be an option. Otherwise you can take a cab I guess.

Anotehr option would be tolook for a hotel on Long Island/Queens. That way you can take the LIRR or a real subway right into Penn and you can walk to MSG (do they still do the draft at MSG?)

Hope that helps.

its at radio city music hall near times square

BroncoFiend
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
its at radio city music hall near times square

Well not quite as convenient but you can still walk it or take a cab pretty easy from Penn, you can even transfer on the subway, but if your not familar that might be more effort than it's worth.

If it were me, I'd look in western Long Island for something I could afford near a train station. Should be pretty easy to find.

BizzyBone7
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
If it were me I'd take a cab, or maybe a bus, i dont know how they run down there, to Hoboken and take the Path Train to the City. They have a bunch of stops. I usually take it right to the Garden which is 33rd, actually 34th i believe but the Path runs to 33rd. I think Radio City is on 6th if I'm not mistaken. And i believe the Path makes a stop at 9th. I could be completely wrong but thats the route i would take.

PaintballCLE
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
If it were me I'd take a cab, or maybe a bus, i dont know how they run down there, to Hoboken and take the Path Train to the City. They have a bunch of stops. I usually take it right to the Garden which is 33rd, actually 34th i believe but the Path runs to 33rd. I think Radio City is on 6th if I'm not mistaken. And i believe the Path makes a stop at 9th. I could be completely wrong but thats the route i would take.

its on the corner of 50th and 6th

red98
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD - 12 miles to New York City
Fairfield Inn Meadowlands
(141)
www.fairfieldinnmeadowlan
ds.com
850 Paterson
Plank Road
E Rutherford
Lisa Platt
General Manager
201-507-5222 phone
201-507-0744 fax
ffi.gm@marriott.com
NJ Transit bus in front of hotel
Sheraton Meadowlands
Hotel & Conference Ctr
(427)
www.Sheraton.com/meado
wlands
2 Meadowlands
Plaza
East Rutherford
Maureen Murphy
Dir of Sales &
Mktg
201-507-2757 phone
201-507-2825 fax
Maureen.murphy@sheratonm
eadowlands.com
Complimentary shuttle to Park n Ride in Secaucus. $3
for bus to Port Authority

BizzyBone7
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
its on the corner of 50th and 6th

OK my bad, i would say take the Path to 33rd and according to my friend who lives in NYC its about a 20-25 minute walk to radio city. Or you can take a cab. Its about two miles I'd say.

PaintballCLE
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
OK my bad, i would say take the Path to 33rd and according to my friend who lives in NYC its about a 20-25 minute walk to radio city. Or you can take a cab. Its about two miles I'd say.

cool thanks all!

vancejohnson82
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
yea....you have plenty of options...depends on how long you want the trip to take and what kind of travelling method you like...for tourism purposes your best bet may be taking a cab to the ferry and taking it across the river...it'll drop you about 10 blocks from Radio City

Needa Pass Rush
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
What kind of hotel rate do you deem acceptable?

PaintballCLE
03-09-2009, 10:28 PM
well actually let me update this........ i just got my hotel.........crowne plaza in bridgewater NJ ($40 a night on hotwire)

Yes i know its a good 30 min outside NYC, but for the moeny i saved, deffinately worth it.

Now i just gotta figure out how to get from there to NYC though there is a NJ train station close by with free parking.....

penguintheory
03-10-2009, 01:00 AM
New Jersey Transit 114 bus runs from Bridgewater Commons to the Port Authority in NYC through eastern portions of the county.

Googled it for you. Port Authority (42nd & 8th Ave) is walking distance from Radio City (50th & 6th Ave).

worm
03-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Seems like a pain in the ass just to save less than $100.

Spend the C note. Stay in the city. Party your ass off.

You are in one of the greatest cities in the World for cryin' out loud. Act like it.

Swedish Extrovert
03-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Screw the car... if you live on the east coast, take Amtrak into town.

PaintballCLE
03-10-2009, 07:33 AM

You are in one of the greatest cities in the World for cryin' out loud. Act like it.

for a decent hotel in manhattan it was running 5-600 a night. Since ill be staying friday night, saturday night, and possibly sunday its way more than 100.

NYC Bronco
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
priceline a place in lower manhattan, especially for a weekend because nobody stays down there, it's where the businessmen stay during the week and they are desperate over the weekend.

Don Flamenco
03-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Hallal cart on 53rd and Avenue of the Americas. The one right next to the Hilton. Get the combination rice plate. It is the best thing about New York.

bowtown
03-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah, your best bet is to just go to the train station and get on a train into the city. They run every hour to half hour depending on the station. That will take you into Penn station. You can walk to Radio City from there--it will take you about 15 mintues. It's easy.

Don Flamenco
03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
^^^ or take the b,d,c, or f up to Rocafeller Center and walk a block to Radio City. Make sure you get the Hallal!

cartel
03-10-2009, 08:04 AM
the pod on 51st between 2nd and 3rd is the ticket. more like dorm rooms but at less than $100 a night is a steal and your in a great neighborhood with good restaurants and bars. clean place to lay your head is all you need but rooms are tiny.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 08:27 AM
bridgewater is kinda far away

Needa Pass Rush
03-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Rep. Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Times Square. Breakfast included. You're going all that way to have fun and tripping over dimes to stay with the vegetables in the Garden State. ;)

Needa Pass Rush
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
for a decent hotel in manhattan it was running 5-600 a night. Since ill be staying friday night, saturday night, and possibly sunday its way more than 100.

$139 at the Hilton Garden Inn/Times Square.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Rep. Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Times Square. Breakfast included. You're going all that way to have fun and tripping over dimes to stay with the vegetables in the Garden State. ;)

you're lucky i dont give out neg reps

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 08:33 AM

500-600 a night??? Maybe if you're staying right around where the draft is. Occupancy rates are pretty low in manhattan at the moment...while its true you probably cant find a decent one for less than 180-200 a night, widen your search in manhattan!

worm
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
500-600 a night??? Maybe if you're staying right around where the draft is. Occupancy rates are pretty low in manhattan at the moment...while its true you probably cant find a decent one for less than 180-200 a night, widen your search in manhattan!

$140-$150 shouldn't be a problem for a 3 star place. Hell I was at the Tribeca Grand the other weekend and payed $225. Awesome hotel and great location in Soho.

When you factor in double occupancy and the cost of transportation for two people traveling into the city if you stay out in Bridgewater...the cost differential is just not worth the aggravation of the PA and the time of travel.

Go to the draft, then regroup at the hotel, then party like a rock star at night. NYC chicas > Bridgewater NJ chicas.

Friday and Saturday in the city...THEN if you want, Sunday out in Jersey. Thank me when you come back.

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
$140-$150 shouldn't be a problem for a 3 star place. Hell I was at the Tribeca Grand the other weekend and payed $225. Awesome hotel and great location in Soho.

When you factor in double occupancy and the cost of transportation for two people traveling into the city if you stay out in Bridgewater...the cost differential is just not worth the aggravation of the PA and the time of travel.

Go to the draft, then regroup at the hotel, then party like a rock star at night. NYC chicas > Bridgewater NJ chicas.

Friday and Saturday in the city...THEN if you want, Sunday out in Jersey. Thank me when you come back.

I totally agree...

The whole energy in the city is great that night....if you are lucky you might find yourself at a club or a bar where one of the "draftees" is hosting a shindig...

had that happen a bunch of years ago when Shockey got drafted

Needa Pass Rush
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Manhattan hotels have been steeply discounting room rates. Nightly rates of $200 have become more common compared to two years ago when tourists had to go to Manhattan's neighboring boroughs to stay so cheaply. Owners of well-established hotels can likely weather the storm of temporary lower prices, but developers who funded recent projects with loans based on projected room rates of $400 to $600 may have difficulty meeting debt-service requirements.
Hotels that recently opened with low nightly rates include the 100-room Smyth Tribeca at 85 West Broadway, with rates as low as $119, and the Cooper Square Hotel in the East Village, with rates as low as $169. Established properties that have reduced prices include the Helmsley Park Lane, with rates as low $179/night, and the legendary Plaza Hotel, which has discounted rooms as much as 30 to 40 percent to as low as $562/night.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM

Tribeca grand is a great location in Tribeca:)

Needa Pass Rush
03-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Manhattan hotels under $150.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2009/3/17/121145/871/hotels/Five_Hotels_in_NYC_For_Under_150

PaintballCLE
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
so are any of you people going to the draft? because a certain "somebody" is now ditching me for the second day AFTER i already booked a non refundable hotel LOL

521 1N5
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I hate the fans at the draft - I'm sure you won't be one of the jackasses tho.

Have fun!