PDA

View Full Version : Do you call our head coach names?

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Poll forthcoming...

Despite having limited information on exactly what's transpired, and despite only being a couple weeks into the free agency period... it seems that treating our coach as if he were a Raider has become en vogue.

Just curious who falls into what camp?

OBF1
03-09-2009, 05:04 PM
oh god, this is going to bring all the maturity you want to see popps.

TheDave
03-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Does "Coach Frodo" count?

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
So, has McDaniel earned these derogatory variations on his name?

I've seen a lot of it around here. Just curious to see a show of hands.

ludo21
yep, he screwed up already with the JC situation and even if he didnt a nick name was coming soon.

Popps
oh god, this is going to bring all the maturity you want to see popps.

:rofl:

It's a thread for venting. It's very therapeutic.

DHallblows
03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I never have. I personally am a fan of giving someone more than 6 months to rebuild half a team.
Now a single player...He gets a game before I lose hope on him :~ohyah!:

Ironlung
Yes. Limited info is all I need. He tried to trade a Pro Bowl qb for one that no one besides the queefs wanted. Only McDouche and Mel Kiper would make that deal. Maybe Mc and Cassel are gay and doin eachother. Ya never know. Like you said "limited info"

SonOfLe-loLang
How about, "even if i hated him, i wouldnt call him uncreative names because im not retarded"

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
How about, "even if i hated him, i wouldnt call him uncreative names because im not retarded"

C'mon, someone just used "McJerkface" on another thread.

That's not creative?

Whitman would be jealous.

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I think the real question with this thread is... how many people are willing to sign up. I see a lot of people trashing him.

We'll see how many put their name in print and own it.

You know, just for fun. :)

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I call a lot of people a lot of names.

When McDaniels tries to trade Cutler, he is Mc****face.

When Cutler throws a stupid INT, he gets called names worse than that.

Archer81
03-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Being an adult most of the time, I reserve namecalling for other team's headcoaches and players.

:Broncos:

frerottenextelway
03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
McSpyGate

Stop crying foul, we know enough about the kid coach.

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Really?

Fair enough. To each his own.

I just never called Elway "Chokeaway" or Shanahan "Lackaplan" or any other nonsense, even when they weren't performing well.

A player or coach has to go pretty far to bring that kind of ire from me. As someone said, I generally reserve permanent sounding name-change slams for other team's players.

But again, that's me. Doesn't mean I'm right. It's just interesting.

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Really?

Fair enough. To each his own.

I just never called Elway "Chokeaway" or Shanahan "Lackaplan" or any other nonsense, even when they weren't performing well.

A player or coach has to go pretty far to bring that kind of ire from me. As someone said, I generally reserve permanent sounding name-change slams for other team's players.

But again, that's me. Doesn't mean I'm right. It's just interesting.

It is nothing personal....but make a boneheaded mistake and I am apt to call a player or a coach a dumbass now and then.

It is not like it matters....they can't hear me....well maybe once or twice....I know Dale Carter heard me.

TheReverend
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Yup

TheReverend
03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
It is nothing personal....but make a boneheaded mistake and I am apt to call a player or a coach a dumbass now and then.

I imagine Plummer never warranted your ire...

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I imagine Plummer never warranted your ire...

More than a few times.

lex
03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
C'mon, someone just used "McJerkface" on another thread.

That's not creative?

Whitman would be jealous.

Actually, I call him Jerkface most of the time. He looks like a jerkface. I only use the Mc occasionally to emphasize that he is a jerkface (or that he is Jerkface). And if you want Walt Whitman, perhaps youre in the wrong place. Its kind of comical that you would expect something that overdone/verbose here.

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Lex representing the immature. Who'd of thunk that

broncosteven
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I am calling him Mcanus or whatever until I don't feel like it anymore.

Los Broncos
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I called him a moron for entertaining the idea or even listening to a Cutler trade.

Then I thought he is the coach wth do I know.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh, i call them all assholes at some point or another, but i dont do retarded nameplay which is never creative or funny

The Joker
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Jerkface?

My twelve year old cousin called me that recently, I told him to grow up and act his age.

TheReverend
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh, i call them all a-holes at some point or another, but i dont do retarded nameplay which is never creative or funny

You didn't like my "McFail"?

Or the great "Colonel Xanders" from SureShot?

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?

Requiem
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes, I call him Coach McDaniels.

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Jerkface?

My twelve year old cousin called me that recently, I told him to grow up and act his age.

You are talking to Lex, don't insult your 12 year old cousin by comparing him to that.

Requiem
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Apa, don't let the tiger get out of the cage this early in the evening. You asshole!

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
You didn't like my "McFail"?

Or the great "Colonel Xanders" from SureShot?

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?

Actually, i do like colonel xanders...but thats not insulting

spdirty
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
McDipshlt is my favorite right now. Subject to change.

Blueflame
03-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I call him "McD"... but I would definitely be able to think of some derogatory names if you really, really want me to.

Oh, and I guess I have referred to the front office as the "Bratriot" (Bronco-Patriot hybrid) front office...

Popps
03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I call him "McD"... but I would definitely be able to think of some derogatory names if you really, really want me to.

Oh, and I guess I have referred to the front office as the "Bratriot" (Bronco-Patriot hybrid) front office...

Yea, you already called him a cheater.

Better click yes.

Spider
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I voted yes , but then I call everyone names .......... I am pretty fair that way ;D

Blueflame
03-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Yea, you already called him a cheater.

Better click yes.

Um... I said he had come to Denver directly from the Cheatriots... which is the truth and it's a fact that they did cheat...

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Um... I said he had come to Denver directly from the Cheatriots... which is the truth and it's a fact that they did cheat...

So did Denver the years they won the SB. Some people say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. Doesn't make it right but all teams cheat in one way or another. They just decided to get REALLY REALLY technical and in-depth with it!

OrangeRising
03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I think and refer to McDaniels as Junior because, as much as folks believe Jay Cutler is acting immature (and he is), Junior isn't working the leadership thing too well himself. I think they both have to grow up a little, and fast.

Broncoman13
03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I think the real question with this thread is... how many people are willing to sign up. I see a lot of people trashing him.

We'll see how many put their name in print and own it.

You know, just for fun. :)

I liked McDangles personally.

Blueflame
03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
So did Denver the years they won the SB. Some people say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. Doesn't make it right but all teams cheat in one way or another. They just decided to get REALLY REALLY technical and in-depth with it!

Not rehashing it.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Yes, technically they "cheated" i suppose, in the sense they did something that was against the rules, but i really think it gave them little to no advantage. Defensive signals are there for everyone to see, they just recorded em and tried to decipher them. To me, its not even as bad as stealing signs in baseball (and i dont think thats bad at all).

And if there was ever any proof that their "cheating" had little effect, it was their 16-0 season.

Blueflame
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, technically they "cheated" i suppose, in the sense they did something that was against the rules, but i really think it gave them little to no advantage. Defensive signals are there for everyone to see, they just recorded em and tried to decipher them. To me, its not even as bad as stealing signs in baseball (and i dont think thats bad at all).

And if there was ever any proof that their "cheating" had little effect, it was their 16-0 season.

What would be the point in breaking the rules and risking being sanctioned by the league if the HC (Belicheat) didn't believe he'd gain at least some advantage by doing so? The fact that they did it at all shows that some advantage was gained.

ohiobronco2
03-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Initially I called him names, but then stepped away from the ledge.

Northman
03-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Nah, i would never call a coach a name. Thats just too wolflike for me.

ohiobronco2
03-09-2009, 07:19 PM

And nobody wants to be like that.

Northman
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Ha!

I dont understand Popps concern here. I call him dickhead all the time. Whats the problem?

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM

If it walks like a wolf, talks like a wolf, then it must be a wolf.......:kiss:

Northman
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM

It is not like it matters....they can't hear me....well maybe once or twice....I know Dale Carter heard me.

LOL Very true.

Northman
03-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I think and refer to McDaniels as Junior because, as much as folks believe Jay Cutler is acting immature (and he is), Junior isn't working the leadership thing too well himself. I think they both have to grow up a little, and fast.

Shhhhhh, too much logic there. Please stay out of this thread.

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM

This reminds me of the Bill Cosby bit where he and his brother thought they were named Jesus Christ and God Damnit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSFy8RK-MFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSFy8RK-MFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Northman
03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
If it walks like a wolf, talks like a wolf, then it must be a wolf.......:kiss:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/images/2007/09/28/angry_wolf.jpg

ohiobronco2
03-09-2009, 07:27 PM
This reminds me of the Bill Cosby bit where he and his brother thought they were named Jesus Christ and God Damnit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSFy8RK-MFg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSFy8RK-MFg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Classic Cosby. "Damnit get in here, but Dad I'm Jesus Christ." LOL I think this had the drinking and dental skit on there as well. It's sad to listen to him talk about his son in his older performances.

Cito Pelon
03-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I've played on dozen's of teams, and never called my coach any name but his first name or 'Coach'. There's this thing called 'professioinalism'. If there's anybody within hearing range, you address the coach by his first name or just as 'Coach'. In private you can refer to him/her any way you please. You absolutely defer to the coach in public. You and the coach can get into an insult match in private to the point of fists, but you never do that in public.

Jay broke that rule. Only a sissy breaks that rule.

Therefore, it's pretty clear Jay is a sissy.

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Classic Cosby. "Damnit get in here, but Dad I'm Jesus Christ." LOL I think this had the drinking and dental skit on there as well. It's sad to listen to him talk about his son in his older performances.

Dentists tell you not to pick your teath with any sharp metal object, then you sit in their chair and the first thing they grab is an iron hook! LOL

I don't know if its on Bill Cosby himself but Chocolate Cake for Breakfast is great, Noah is awesome, and Brain Damage. I found these tapes when I was 13 and must have worn them out. Classic comedy.

ohiobronco2
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know if its on Bill Cosby himself but Chocolate Cake for Breakfast is great, Noah is awesome, and Brain Damage. I found these tapes when I was 13 and must have worn them out. Classic comedy.

Yeah. My parents had the Bill Cosby himself recorded on a VHS straight from HBO or Cinemax. We would watch that over and over. Used to also watch Eddie Murphy a lot. BTW, Chocolate Cake and Brain Damage are on there as well, I believe.

theAPAOps5
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah. My parents had the Bill Cosby himself recorded on a VHS straight from HBO or Cinemax. We would watch that over and over. Used to also watch Eddie Murphy a lot. BTW, Chocolate Cake and Brain Damage are on there as well, I believe.

The sound effects in the Dentist bit are classic.

Dagmar
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
҉ ҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝

Taco John
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Poll forthcoming...

Despite having limited information on exactly what's transpired, and despite only being a couple weeks into the free agency period... it seems that treating our coach as if he were a Raider has become en vogue.

You call our quarterback names, so why the sudden concern? Are you not the inventor of "Mopey Jay?"

Taco John
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I haven't called McDaniels a name yet. For that matter, I didn't call Plummer any names either. I just state my opinions, and let the chips fall where they may.

watermock
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
You call our quarterback names, so why the sudden concern? Are you not the inventor of "Mopey Jay?"

I am

Popps
03-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I haven't called McDaniels a name yet. For that matter, I didn't call Plummer any names either. I just state my opinions, and let the chips fall where they may.

Me, too.

Names in the form of permanent nick-names ("Shanafag," et al) are reserved for players/coaches who really deserve serious disdain.

I.E., Ray Lewis. (The Killa.)

I guess I'm of the mindset that I'm still rooting for the guy to succeed, and hence... labeling him with some sort of negative moniker out of the gate seems odd.

What if the team plays well? Is he still McDouchebag?

Seems odd behavior for a fan. It's one thing to criticize moves, it's another to give our team's leader a Raider-like name right out of the gate.

Kaylore
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I bet "He's not Shanahan, he deserves it" would have garnered a healthy amount.

Crushaholic
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
He has experience in guiding teams to Super Bowl wins. That's good enough for me to see what he can do with the Broncos...

Pony Boy
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I kind of like McDobber !! or was it spelled Dauber?

Popps
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Mopey-Jay is a mode, it's not his permanent name. Mopey-Jay is like when the Incredible Hulk got pissed off. You didn't call him the Hulk unless he was green and tossing cars around.

It's akin to good-Jay, bad-Jay.

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Mopey-Jay is a mode, it's not his permanent name. Mopey-Jay is like when the Incredible Hulk got pissed off. You didn't call him the Hulk unless he was green and tossing cars around.

It's akin to good-Jay, bad-Jay.

By that logic....

Mc****face is only a mode, it's not his permanent name. I don't call him Mc****face unless he tries trading 25 year old pro bowl QBs or makes a stupid decision that costs us a game.

If he wins a lot of games, he can be McGenius.

Popps
03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Well, looks like more people than not are willing to give the coach a fair shot.

That's encouraging. Though, there are still a lot of people who want to blast this guy without any real information as to what transpired or what is GOING to transpire.

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I am willing to give him a fair shot.

Besides the Cutler debacle, I like the moves he has made so far.

broncocalijohn
03-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I voted no even though I felt he was in the wrong. I think a poll option would be that we just dont want to call him a McName.

~Crash~
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, looks like more people than not are willing to give the coach a fair shot.

That's encouraging. Though, there are still a lot of people who want to blast this guy without any real information as to what transpired or what is GOING to transpire.

this guy will fail . sorry if that bursts your bubble he set that into motion all by himself .

GreatBronco16
03-09-2009, 10:45 PM
this guy will fail . sorry if that bursts your bubble he set that into motion all by himself .

Hey, go ahead to give me next weeks lotto numbers so I can go ahead and retire. Thanks.:clown:

FireFly
03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
No. Not only have I not started calling him derogatory nicknames, I will not regardless of how he or the team performs.

I might not like him, although I am in the minority and do, but I will not slander another human being for doing their job, to the best of their abilities in a fashion that doesn't suit me or mesh with how I think I would do the job.

I might question him, disagree with his decisions, even call for him to be fired, but I won't call him names.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
What would be the point in breaking the rules and risking being sanctioned by the league if the HC (Belicheat) didn't believe he'd gain at least some advantage by doing so? The fact that they did it at all shows that some advantage was gained.

I dont agree. Belichick is the type to turn over every stone for even a minute advantage. This was just an example of that. Perhaps it give them an teeeensy advantage in a game or two, but most coaches, if i recall, said it wouldnt make much of a difference. And clearly it didnt....16-0. ugh, and more name play, belicheat, fantastic.

DBroncos4life
03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
By that logic....

Mc****face is only a mode, it's not his permanent name. I don't call him Mc****face unless he tries trading 25 year old pro bowl QBs or makes a stupid decision that costs us a game.

+1

Blueflame
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I dont agree. Belichick is the type to turn over every stone for even a minute advantage. This was just an example of that. Perhaps it give them an teeeensy advantage in a game or two, but most coaches, if i recall, said it wouldnt make much of a difference. And clearly it didnt....16-0. ugh, and more name play, belicheat, fantastic.

He's called "Belicheat" all across cyberspace. I didn't invent it. Nor did I invent the name "Cheatriots"...

And 16-0 is only "proof" if one buys into the idea that he really did quit cheating and/or using the information he gleaned when he was. I'd say it's more likely proof that he just cheats smarter/sneakier now. :P

Popps
03-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Yea, I mean... two weeks into the free agent period, I can see how you'd have enough information to make that definitive judgment.

I'm crazy to even doubt it.

Weird wording, though. Burst "my" bubble? Seems like his failure would burst yours, too. You're a fan, no?

lex
03-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Yea, I mean... two weeks into the free agent period, I can see how you'd have enough information to make that definitive judgment.

I'm crazy to even doubt it.

Weird wording, though. Burst "my" bubble? Seems like his failure would burst yours, too. You're a fan, no?

Yeah, really. Some guy in the other thread said McDaniels is a great coach. Who was that guy?

Popps
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
By that logic....

See, those who criticize Cutler for Mopey-mode are fans, first. Those are people who cheer for him and want him to be a better leader.

If you think calling a coach McSatan or Mc****brains and calling him that ONLY, right out of the gate... with absolutely no solid info to base that upon is a logical analogy, then I'm not sure what to tell you... other than it's not.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 11:52 PM
He's called "Belicheat" all across cyberspace. I didn't invent it. Nor did I invent the name "Cheatriots"...

And 16-0 is only "proof" if one buys into the idea that he really did quit cheating and/or using the information he gleaned when he was. I'd say it's more likely proof that he just cheats smarter/sneakier now. :P

I dont care if everyone in the world called him that, it's dumb. And information that was gleaned from that? They were looking at signals EVERYONE can see. Teams change that **** from game to game generally. Whatever, if you wanna believe he cheats in every aspect of the game, fine. But thats unfounded. I think he's just a really good, detail oriented football coach.

Popps
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, really. Some guy in the other thread said McDaniels is a great coach. Who was that guy?

Not sure. Post a link and we'll read the name.

I'm guessing your confusion my have arisen within a statement like this...

"a great coach or even a bad coach is going to implement his system."

Go ahead, sparky. Post the link. Who said that McDaniels is definitively a "great coach?"

UberBroncoMan
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I called him more names than I could count when this stuff was going down. I still have little respect in him for how the situation was handled. I'll reserve future feelings though until after the meeting. I want to see if Josh has the leadership capabilities to mend fences with Jay in person... and not only Jay, but earn the respect of everyone in the locker room and WIN on Sundays. He needs to show me he's not a Mc****Face through his actions.

lex
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Not sure. Post a link and we'll read the name.

I'm guessing your confusion my have arisen within a statement like this...

"a great coach or even a bad coach is going to implement his system."

Go ahead, sparky. Post the link. Who said that McDaniels is definitively a "great coach?"

Nice try. First of all, you said this after relentlessy comparing him to Shanahan. You werent comparing him to other "bad" coaches. Secondly, youre wrong. Did Mike Tomlin install a 3-4 when going to Pittsburgh? Did Dallas pick a 4-3 coach after Parcells left? Face it. Youre a believer.

Blueflame
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I dont care if everyone in the world called him that, it's dumb. And information that was gleaned from that? They were looking at signals EVERYONE can see. Teams change that **** from game to game generally. Whatever, if you wanna believe he cheats in every aspect of the game, fine. But thats unfounded. I think he's just a really good, detail oriented football coach.

It's your right to think that....however, I'm free to disagree. :flower:

Popps
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Nice try. First of all, you said this after relentlessy comparing him to Shanahan. You werent comparing him to other "bad" coaches. Secondly, youre wrong. Did Mike Tomlin install a 3-4 when going to Pittsburgh? Did Dallas pick a 4-3 coach after Parcells left? Face it. Youre a believer.

No, no... junior.

We're not asking for what you THINK I said, or what you think anyone else said.

Where's the link to DEFINITIVE proof that someone stated definitively that he WAS a great coach.

C'mon. Your whole argument is predicated on that fact. Just post a link. Where is it?

Now you're talking about Parcells and Tomlin?

Where's the link to the statement, pal?

lex
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
No, no... junior.

We're not asking for what you THINK I said, or what you think anyone else said.

Where's the link to DEFINITIVE proof that someone stated definitively that he WAS a great coach.

C'mon. Your whole argument is predicated on that fact. Just post a link. Where is it?

Now you're talking about Parcells and Tomlin?

Where's the link to the statement, pal?

Did you not initially say that he is doing what a great head coach does?

Popps
03-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Did you not initially say that he is doing what a great head coach does?

Hilarious!

Wow, sometimes it's just too easy.

Read it again, Sparky.

lex
03-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Hilarious!

Wow, sometimes it's just too easy.

Read it again, Sparky.

Why do I need to read it when all you have to do is clarify your position. If you dont think Josh is a great coach, just say so. If you do, its not like theyr going to send you away among the political dissidents.

Rock Chalk
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Poll forthcoming...

Poll options suck.

I call him McKid. Not a disparaging name because of what has happened, but just because he is younger than me by like 5 days.