montrose
03-09-2009, 09:17 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/61770

Kaylore
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
:(

Beantown Bronco
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not surprised by this. 80% of comcast subscribers don't get the sports tier package anyway, so it really doesn't affect many folks in the grand scheme of things. The number may sound big at first, but it's not.

montrose
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm going to have to have a little talk with my property manager about getting a dish up here. I don't think I can make it without the NFL Network.

bronco militia
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I can watch on my Sprint Phone

Popps
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp

HILife
03-09-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/61770

Please don't let the new place I move to have comcast. Let it be Cox. Please I like Cox.:pray:

EDIT: Communication

Beantown Bronco
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I like Cox.

Yeah, I heard that about you.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Couldn't care less, never been that impressed with the NFLN. 6 repeats of Total Access a day don't do much for me. Now if Comcast were to drop the NHLN, then I'd be pissed.

titan
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Not good news. I have the comcast sports tier so whether NFLN is on the sports tier or basic doesn't matter to me. If comcast must drop it hope it is after the draft.

Tombstone RJ
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
The NFLN is an essential for me. That being said, it still sucks ballz in many ways. For example, this last Sunday 03/07/09 they were showing highlights and games from week 1. Why the hell didn't they show highlights from every game? Why just show highlights from certain games?

I understand why they showed only certain whole games in real time, but why do the same with the highlights?

In other words, no Broncos anywhere. Pisses me off.

BroncoLifer
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Not good news. I have the comcast sports tier so whether NFLN is on the sports tier or basic doesn't matter to me. If comcast must drop it hope it is after the draft.

"With its deadline coming by the end of April......" is ambiguous, but it sounds like we'll be good for the draft on April 25-26.

Rock Chalk
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Haha beat me to it.

Kaylore
03-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I can't believe they're going to do this before the draft. Why couldn't they cancel it in May or June when no one cares?:pfbbt:

bronco610
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I can't believe they're going to do this before the draft. Why couldn't they cancel it in May or June when no one cares?:pfbbt:

Actually it makes great sense because the cable companies are trying to get back at the nfl because of the rulings about being able to charge for NFLN. Also not being able to get the ticket. They figure if enough fans get pissed there will be pressure put on the NFL to make it a more level playing field.

Northman
03-09-2009, 03:00 PM
First ive heard of this but good thing im a Comcast employee so i will get the channel anyway.

broncosteven
03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I only have the sports tier during football season. I get NFLN on Directv which I only use for the Ticket.

I wish they would make the ticket available through pay per view cable but that won't happen.

montrose
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
My lease is up in May, if they don't let me put a dish up - I will move. No joke, I seriously can't live without NFL Network. The thought of turning having to turn to ESPN for my NFL coverage makes me want to puke.

Beej
03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Just switched in January from Comcast to DirecTV...suck it Comcast!

gunns
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm not surprised by this. 80% of comcast subscribers don't get the sports tier package anyway, so it really doesn't affect many folks in the grand scheme of things. The number may sound big at first, but it's not.

I don't get it on a sports tier, it was offered separately and I pay 5.99 a month for it. The sports tier is ridiculous, most are channels for back east sports. This news does not make me happy.

bfoflcommish
03-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I have Directv so doesnt affect me, but I must say I wouldn't miss it has much as others if I lost it.

I have been watching the MLBnetwork for 2 weeks now...Oh man this is such a better channel than NFLN it is insane.

Los Broncos
03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I've been without NFLN for three years, only time I get to watch it as the gym.

During the season is when I wished I had.

Pony Boy
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going to have to have a little talk with my property manager about getting a dish up here. I don't think I can make it without the NFL Network.

There are some cool ways to hide a dish including a fiberglass rock.
Google it!!!

HILife
03-09-2009, 04:15 PM

Cox Communication....feel better now?

houghtam
03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Couldn't care less, never been that impressed with the NFLN. 6 repeats of Total Access a day don't do much for me. Now if Comcast were to drop the NHLN, then I'd be pissed.

QFT.

Unless you're a business owner that relies on the revenue from games on NFLN, it's one of the biggest wastes of a channel there is. With as much money as the NFL makes, it's sad that they don't put forth more effort into the channel that is supposed to be "all NFL all the time".

TheDave
03-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Ditto... Oh well, guess i'll be going back to Direct TV.

DaFace
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't get it on a sports tier, it was offered separately and I pay 5.99 a month for it. The sports tier is ridiculous, most are channels for back east sports. This news does not make me happy.

Either I'm missing something in your statement, or you're getting screwed. Comcast's sports tier is only $4.95 per month, which includes NFLN.

gunns
03-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Either I'm missing something in your statement, or you're getting screwed. Comcast's sports tier is only $4.95 per month, which includes NFLN.

I got NFLN when it first came out, wasn't offered on a sports tier, as it was barely in conception. It was 3.99. It's raised since getting it but if I had it put on the sports tier I'd be paying 6.99 a dollar more per month. I know the Comcast here is franchised so they can pretty make their own charges.

ohiobronco2
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I wish I had NFL network, but I'm content with Time Warner and I don't see an agreement any time soon. I'm so sick of all of these specialty networks that you have to buy packages for. In particular I was pissed about the big ten network, was able to see every Buckeye game on TV for years. Then we need a big ten network and I have to go see the games at a sports bar. Thankfully, Time Warner and Big Ten reached an agreement.

Kaylore
03-09-2009, 08:13 PM
The sports tier for comcast is $4.95 more a month.

Garcia Bronco
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Do your self a favor and don't do any business what so ever with comcast.

broncosteven
03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
The sports tier for comcast is $4.95 more a month.

I bet if the NFL Network had better programming they would get better advertizing and it would be free.

I live fine without the NFL network during the offseason and 1/2 the regular season.

Breck Bronc
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
The sports tier for comcast is $4.95 more a month.Comast is ridiculous. I have the sports tier and get NFL Network, NHL Network, NBAtv, and Fox Soccer Channel. Now that the MLB Network has come on air it's been placed at channel number 420 right behind the NFL and NHL. But the MLB Network is not part of the sports tier.

I called Comcast tonight to find out how to get MLB network because the programming I've seen at my friend's house is pretty good. To get MLB Network on Comcast in Denver you have to add another tier of programming that costs 17 bucks a month.