PDA

View Full Version : Is Thunderdome still Thunderdome with out the thunder?

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
So far things have calmed down, we have Avvy's and Sig's back.

The thunder has passed do we still need to be in Thunderdome mode or is Taco waiting until Bowlen gets back from the binge or is there something else brewing on the horizion?

Just curious.

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
So far things have calmed down, we have Avvy's and Sig's back.

The thunder has passed do we still need to be in Thunderdome mode or is Taco waiting until Bowlen gets back from the binge or is there something else brewing on the horizon?

Just curious.

The draft...

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
The draft...

Good point but that is over a month away.

orinjkrush
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
did you know that one of Gene Kranz's vests is on display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum?

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
did you know that one of Gene Kranz's vests is on display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum?

Is it his Apollo 11 splash down vest?

I know they have one but can't remember which one, it is either 11 or 13. I could have googled it but that would speak to my integrity and piss Gene off.

Did you know his wife (Marta) hand made his splashdown vests and all the splashdown vests were white? She made the others but only had one color for splashdowns. So everytime you see a picture of Gene in a white vest you will know it was a splashdown day.

I saw his Apollo 15 vest for sale somewhere but it was running above five grand...

BroncosinDC
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.farthestreaches.com/kranz_artifacts_2.htm

There is still plenty of his stuff to buy.

Man-Goblin
03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Cutler and McDaniels have their sit down tomorrow. If things don't go well, you best be ready to rumble.

And if everything is all smiles (which is what I anticipate), players report on the 16th for off season workouts.

That is always fun for the "new guys hope to build comraderie with the old guys!" stories. And you may even be treated to an article or two about Tuten's workout plans, entitled "Strained Groins for Dummies."

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Cutler and McDaniels have their sit down tomorrow. If things don't go well, you best be ready to rumble.

And if everything is all smiles (which is what I anticipate), players report on the 16th for off season workouts.

That is always fun for the "new guys hope to build comraderie with the old guys!" stories. And you may even be treated to an article or two about Tuten's workout plans, entitled "Strained Groins for Dummies."

Even if there is still bad blood I don't anticipate anything being said about it.

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.farthestreaches.com/kranz_artifacts_2.htm

There is still plenty of his stuff to buy.

HAHAHAHAHA

I tried to buy a framed, signed, picture of the cover of his book from this guy but he never returned my emails.

I don't know if it is still going or if he just ran out of the item I wanted.

That was about 2-3 years ago!

SoCalBronco
03-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Even if there is still bad blood I don't anticipate anything being said about it.

Probably true.

Man-Goblin
03-08-2009, 09:16 PM

That's kind of what I meant.

Although, I wouldn't totally rule out a press conference with Cutler and McDaniels at some time in the near future.

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 09:22 PM

I don't want to hear anything more than we met, we talked, we have the same goal to win a SB, all is well, Twitguy15 is not as big a fan as Broncosteven but Spider is bigger than both because they read their posts on an InterneTS forum.

Then crawl back into their holes.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
That's kind of what I meant.

Although, I wouldn't totally rule out a press conference with Cutler and McDaniels at some time in the near future.

I hope they both show up in matching snuggies and hug it out!

If you read the who is the real Jay Cutler article I think it reassures you that no matter what Jay will play for the team he currently is on. So even if he despises McD he will still show up and play. There are countless pro atheletes who you can't say that about. So thats a positive.

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I hope they both show up in matching snuggies and hug it out!

If you read the who is the real Jay Cutler article I think it reassures you that no matter what Jay will play for the team he currently is on. So even if he despises McD he will still show up and play. There are countless pro atheletes who you can't say that about. So thats a positive.

Or matching Marta Kranz vests! In orange of course!

baja
03-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I think Whine-o-rama is a better name than Thunderdome.