PDA

View Full Version : Pre pro-day mock

gyldenlove
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I am assuming no trades and I will try to be as realistic as possible in terms of value.

1. Tyson Jackson, DE

The dream pick here for me is Raji, but I don't think he will fall by Jacksonville, Green Bay and San Fransisco.

2. Connor Barwin, OLB

I am still debating Barwin and Sintim. They both fit the program, but in the end Barwin has better upside, outstanding athleticism and is very intelligent and coachable something I know Mcdaniels and Nolan want.

3. Asher Allen, CB

This one can do a number ways, S, CB, DT, LB, RB, WR are all options. I went with CB because we are old at that position and I think Allen has all the potential in the world to become a very good player.

4. Jasper Brinkley, ILB

I struggled with this one, I wanted a WR but I don't like any of the guys who could be available here. I am taking a chance that we can get some decent DL and OL players in rounds 5, 6 and 7. I like Brinkley, he tore it up at the Combine and I think he is fully recovered now from his ACL injury. He is a perfect fit for the 3-4 ILB position, he is solid at taking on blockers and he can punish, essentially a poor mans Rey Maualuga.

5a. Vance Walker, DT

I loved this guy when I thought we would play 4-3, and I love him as a 3-4 DE. He is really athletic, has good size, he uses his tools very well and plays aggresive. I just want to send the Seahawks a warm thought for this pick.

5b. Sammie Lee Hill, DT

I know this is a standard pick, I have been high on this guy for a while now and he seems to be coming through for me. He did well at the combine and I think he is a real project, could become really solid or could wash out, but I like this kid and I love his mentality he is a high character guy.

6. Cecil Newton, C/G

I was looking at TJ Lang, but he is a pipe dream in the 6th round. Newton is a solid guy who is a good fit for our bigger offensive line but still has the mobility. He can play guard or center and I like that flexibility in interior offensive linemen.

7a. Davon Drew, TE

Blocking TE who will be asked to watch and learn from Daniel Graham and play ST.

7b. Donald Washington, CB

KR and athlete. A project at CB who may turn out to be more than you bargain for, or may turn out to be a good athlete. Will get a chance to run with the ball on kicks and punts and to watch the veterans in action.

barryr
03-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Brinkley would be a nice pickup if still there in round 4, which is iffy right now.

I also like Brown from UCONN, the OLB/DE. He's likely a 2-3rd rounder with nice speed and pass rushing skills, but I also in my mock, had them taking Barwin in the 2nd round. If they got both Darwin and Brown, wow, there's your pass rush right there.

chaz
03-08-2009, 05:37 PM
This draft is probably best case scenario for the Broncos, I couldn't see it going much better than this. However Barwin is flirting with the end of the first round now, and Brinkley and Hill will both come off the board earlier than expected because of the high demand for 3-4...just my two cents.

RocBronc
03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry but I don't like the Jackson pick... What I saw of him this year, I was unimpressed. Trade down 10 picks and then take him.

gyldenlove
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
This draft is probably best case scenario for the Broncos, I couldn't see it going much better than this. However Barwin is flirting with the end of the first round now, and Brinkley and Hill will both come off the board earlier than expected because of the high demand for 3-4...just my two cents.

Barwin is difficult, I like him a lot, but Sintim would be able to slot in that pick just as well.

socalorado
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Nice draft! But like chaz stated, you have like 3 players that are waaaay tooo low on your mock. If that happened it would be great, but not likely.