PDA

View Full Version : Who is the real Jay Cutler?

BroncoDoug
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Pretty good DP article talking to his former coaches and teamates

One thing I take from it is the last few paragraphs were shannon sharpe says after he was about traded, he just went out and caught 80 balls and eventually helped win two superbowls...Thats what Cutler needs to do, go out and play his butt off this season and make everyone forget about this whole thing

Former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe remembers getting word Shanahan tried to trade him after Shana-han's first season as Denver's coach in 1995. Like Cutler, Sharpe investigated and found out it was true.
Sharpe, like Cutler, was furious, but didn't go public with his anger. He went out and caught 80 passes the next season and stuck around to help the Broncos win two Super Bowls.
Now an analyst for CBS, Sharpe offered some sage advice for Cutler.
"He's going to have to move past it," Sharpe said. "The longer you let this thing fester, the more it will eat at you. When he walks by Josh McDaniels, he's going to despise him. He's going to hate being there, hate it when his name is called. He's always going to have a little skepticism: Is this guy on the up and up with me?"

the rest here http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11862596

azbroncfan
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
He is a diebetic, crybaby, drunk according to some on here.

frerottenextelway
03-08-2009, 01:57 PM
He's the future HOF QB of the Minnesota Vikings.

;)

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
He's the future HOF QB of the Minnesota Vikings.

;)

gotta admit though, the whole organization would look like turds if jay refused to sign an extension, went and played for shanny in 3 years and won super bowls. has something like that ever happened?

lazarus4444
03-08-2009, 03:36 PM
You know, what Shannon Sharpe said was spot on. Sharpe handled it differently and we have nothing but mad love and respect for him. He could have cried like Cutler but no, sharpe put his head down and proved he belonged. I hope cutler does the same.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
That was an excellent article. To be a fly in Dove Valley tomorrow would be AWESOME. I hope they can hug it out and move past this episode.

DBroncos4life
03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
You know, what Shannon Sharpe said was spot on. Sharpe handled it differently and we have nothing but mad love and respect for him. He could have cried like Cutler but no, sharpe put his head down and proved he belonged. I hope cutler does the same.

Oh so answer a question about something that pissed you off is crying now. Im sure if you're boss was going to let you go but someone else walked out and saved your ass and you found out about it after the fact you would be all happy-go-lucky about it right? Im pretty sure you would feel like you're boss could fire you at anytime, but I know most people like that feeling so Cutler should just man up about it I mean its just a job right.

DeusExManning
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM

When has Cutler cried? Why do we keep saying that?

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
When has Cutler cried? Why do we keep saying that?

When told his buddy Vic Lombardi the team is lying and are big meanies and I am not talking to them any time soon. By the way if he still gets traded are you still planning on jumping off the bandwagon?

Lolad
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
When told his buddy Vic Lombardi the team is lying and are big meanies and I am not talking to them any time soon. By the way if he still gets traded are you still planning on jumping off the bandwagon?

I think you're confusing things. He said they weren't being truthful, he felt no need to talk to them about it at the time. I just think some of you fans like watered down statements. Cutler is NOT that person, and I'm glad he isn't

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I think you're confusing things. He said they weren't being truthful, he felt no need to talk to them about it at the time. I just think some of you fans like watered down statements. Cutler is NOT that person, and I'm glad he isn't

Right thats why he spent 3 days talking about in the media but ignoring his coach. Yet his coach wants to talk him before making a statement on it. Cutler was being a whiney baby and its homers like you who want to ignore it. Keep making excuses...... For me I hope he matures from this and its a one time deal.

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh so answer a question about something that pissed you off is crying now. Im sure if you're boss was going to let you go but someone else walked out and saved your ass and you found out about it after the fact you would be all happy-go-lucky about it right? Im pretty sure you would feel like you're boss could fire you at anytime, but I know most people like that feeling so Cutler should just man up about it I mean its just a job right.

Jay gets paid millions of dollars to play a sport
Even if the Broncos actually did try to trade him(they didnt), its not like he is out of a job.
He wouldnt of been "fired", just relocated.

I can safely say if I was a starting quarterback in the NFL, even for the Raiders or Lions, I wouldnt b**** about trade rumors.

I understand Jay feeling a bit upset, that is ok, but he needs to learn to cool off and handle his business in a professional manner.
Venting to the media doesnt benefit him or the Broncos

jayman_37
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I actually view this as a good thing, because he takes it personally. I hear fans complain about players who just play for the paycheck. Would you rather have a guy who plays for the paycheck or plays for the team? It sounds to me like he wants to stay in Denver because he likes the team. A lot of players could really care less because they just want a paycheck. I am glad he feels this way.

rovolution
03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
when i first saw this thread title, couldnt help but think of this song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99HdRxlJzV4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99HdRxlJzV4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lolad
03-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Right thats why he spent 3 days talking about in the media but ignoring his coach. Yet his coach wants to talk him before making a statement on it. Cutler was being a whiney baby and its homers like you who want to ignore it. Keep making excuses...... For me I hope he matures from this and its a one time deal.

He answered questions, should we hang him out to dry for doing so? Do we string a person up for displaying human emotions? I'm glad he gets upset after losses, yelling at teammates on the field. That tells me he cares about winning and is holding himself as well as others accountable, I call that PASSION! I haven't heard 1 player on the TEAM speak ill of Jay. But yet fans who don't even know the guy want to pass judgment. Lay off

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/chris-crocker-cries.jpg

LEAVE JAY ALONE

You sure are taking this personal telling people to lay off on an internet forum where he probably doesn't even know exists. Is there something you aren't telling us? Is he your boyfriend?

DBroncos4life
03-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Even if the Broncos actually did try to trade him(they didnt), its not like he is out of a job.

I can safely say if I was a starting quarterback in the NFL, even for the Raiders or Lions, I wouldnt b**** about trade rumors.

I understand Jay feeling a bit upset, that is ok, but he needs to learn to cool off and handle his business in a professional manner.
Venting to the media doesnt benefit him or the Broncos

blah blah blah million dollars blah blah blah. I guess when you are rich you have zero right to be upset if you feel that the person you work for isn't loyal.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-09-2009, 12:11 AM
im not crazy on the ideal of tradin cutler . we finally got someone who has the potential to be with in spitting ditance talent wise of elway and some coach comes along and wants to ship him out ?wtf is that coaches major malfuction. now that i said that its time for both sides to forget the issue and play ball in other words those two kids need to make up now.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2009, 12:12 AM
blah blah blah million dollars blah blah blah. I guess when you are rich you have zero right to be upset if you feel that the person you work for isn't loyal.

If he wants to be upset, he has every right. But be upset in private, act like an adult in public.

c_lazy_r
03-09-2009, 06:43 AM

...and Shannon Sharpe was?

It's called being a professional.

Cito Pelon
03-09-2009, 07:49 AM

I think spilling his guts to 3-4 different reporters certainly qualifies as crying.

Cito Pelon
03-09-2009, 08:08 AM
He answered questions, should we hang him out to dry for doing so?

Yes, if he answers questions in an unprofessional manner.

Do we string a person up for displaying human emotions?

Yes, if the person acts like a little kid. You very rarely see a supposed professional act out like a child the way Cutler does.

I'm glad he gets upset after losses, yelling at teammates on the field.

Being angry is one thing, sulking and moping is unacceptable.

That tells me he cares about winning and is holding himself as well as others accountable, I call that PASSION!

Sulking and moping aren't usually classified as passion. Petulance is the right word.

I haven't heard 1 player on the TEAM speak ill of Jay.

His teammates are professionals. Hell, even TO's teammates don't speak ill about him to the media.

Kaylore
03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
He is a diebetic, crybaby, drunk according to some on here.

This is an interesting quote.

Sandy Clough, a co-host on another Denver radio talk show, said the split among his callers is about 50-50, but on a game day it would be about 80-20 in Cutler's favor. Clough said his callers paint the following picture of Cutler: "That he's spoiled, petulant. Around town, people who talk to me who come into contact with him find him to be perhaps not the way a Bronco quarterback should be."

Cito Pelon
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
That was an excellent article. To be a fly in Dove Valley tomorrow would be AWESOME. I hope they can hug it out and move past this episode.

Josh (with used-car salesman smile): Good to see you Jay, have a seat.
Jay (stone-faced, eyes rolling, silent, sits)
Josh (sits behind desk, licks lips): Would you like to start, or should I?
Jay (still avoiding eye-contact, sullen): You lied to me.
Josh: This is the first time we've talked, Jay. We talked to Bus, we told him it was an exploratory offer brought to us. We didn't initiate anything and that's the truth.
Jay: But you still listened.
Josh: But not for long, Jay . . . .
Jay (suddenly angry): Not for long?!?! You think you're funny? I know that quote! You think you're Jerry ****ing Glanville? N-F-L, not for long! Yeah, I figured you were up to something. That says it all you prick. You thought I wouldn't recognize that quote? You think I'm stupid?

Br0nc0Buster
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM

"Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster

Venting to the media doesnt benefit him or the Broncos"

Reread the last part

c_lazy_r
03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Josh (with used-car salesman smile): Good to see you Jay, have a seat.
Jay (stone-faced, eyes rolling, silent, sits)
Josh (sits behind desk, licks lips): Would you like to start, or should I?
Jay (still avoiding eye-contact, sullen): You lied to me.
Josh: This is the first time we've talked, Jay. We talked to Bus, we told him it was an exploratory offer brought to us. We didn't initiate anything and that's the truth.
Jay: But you still listened.
Josh: But not for long, Jay . . . .
Jay (suddenly angry): Not for long?!?! You think you're funny? I know that quote! You think you're Jerry ****ing Glanville? N-F-L, not for long! Yeah, I figured you were up to something. That says it all you prick. You thought I wouldn't recognize that quote? You think I'm stupid?

;D ;D

ZONA
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I actually view this as a good thing, because he takes it personally. I hear fans complain about players who just play for the paycheck. Would you rather have a guy who plays for the paycheck or plays for the team? It sounds to me like he wants to stay in Denver because he likes the team. A lot of players could really care less because they just want a paycheck. I am glad he feels this way.

So when he asked to be traded when Shanny was fired and Bates left, does that still mean he wanted to be here? Didn't seem to me he "cared" a whole lot then. Just face the facts, today's NFL is nothing like the NFL of the past. That's just the way it is. It's a business first. You ever hear of any recent players to turn down bigger contracts some place else just to stay with their current teams? I've heard of them "restructuring" which is fine but you won't see many players if any take LESS money to stay.