PDA

View Full Version : more doom and gloom on OM: right now, or 1-15 in 2009?

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 01:11 PM
had this thought, what do you think?

after an 8 win season with possibly the worst defense in broncos history (which is a testament to how good last season was, to still win 8 games) everyone is ready to fire the entire damn team, though i think its unanimous we all like clady and royal :D

doom and gloom is off the charts right now, think it would/could be worse if we only won one game? (at home against the raiders)

Hallside
03-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.

TheDave
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Is this a serious question? You're wondering whether we would think the team were worse off if we lost 7 more games last year? I think we would.

yes its a serious question, look at this board right now, half the people here are in absolute disarray that we only won 8 games last year, if in this coming year the team only won 1 game, most of them would probably feel justified in their bitching and actually feel good about it.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Didn't we lose to the Raiders @ home?

im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.

TheDave
03-08-2009, 01:33 PM
im talking about the 2009 season, not HAD we won only 1 game last year. but IF we win 1 game THIS year.

Gotcha...

Yeah i suppose we would feel worse, but who knows. This board is legendary for it's ability to blow up over anything.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Gotcha...

what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year :afro:

TheDave
03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
what im alluding to is the fact taht half this message board is ready for mass suicide after an 8 win season, how could it get much worse around here, especially had we only won a single game? well find out if we have a losing season this year :afro:

We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
We are most likely going to find out this year... IMO 8-8 would be an unbelievable coaching job. It's just too much to ask for a new staff, new schemes, and this ungodly schedule.

i just wnat to see improvement throughout the year. thats what always made me so frustrated with shanahan, the teams would start out rolling then fade at the end of the year, like clockwork. if this team gets similar PPG and allows less PPG, we are looking at immediate improvement regardless of the record that it gets us. after 2 drafts i think well be able to see where this is headed, mcdaniels was given a hell of a team to fix, so i think if we see the team get WORSE over the next 2-3 years then there is def something wrong

Hallside
03-08-2009, 02:09 PM
So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would the OM community be more upset and pessimistic than it is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 02:10 PM
So, then, what you really mean to ask is: If **** hit the fan and we went 1-15 next year, would people be more upset and pessimistic than the OM community is right now?

I'm not an expert in either football or psychology, but I think the answer is yes.

would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?

Hallside
03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
would be pretty hard, wouldnt ya say? everyones head is being called for right now, what are people gonna do then?

I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't think there's a major meltdown happening at this moment at all. Notice that sigs and avs are back.

McCutlergate weekend was pandemonium, but that was before all the facts were out. Now, I feel like most people have settled into one of two relatively reasonable camps on the issue (with the exception of the usual suspects on perma-meltdown, eg lex), that most people agree that the issue is not as severe as it appeared at first, and that most people have rational expectations for next season.

but..but..you mean the meltdown is over? :(

SoCalBronco
03-08-2009, 02:23 PM

Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.

Hallside
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Just as I'm downplaying things, SoCal shows up. Perfect.

Fusionfrontman
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?

BroncoInferno
03-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Initially, I was of the view that the regime should have 2009 as a mulligan because of all the issues and the schedule. That was wrong. They get no mulligan. They've managed to **** trivial things up. They have shown their immaturity and maliciousness and incompetence. So if they are so arrogant and think they are so smart and think that they can piss off whoever they like without consequences, then they don't get any breaks. They better win in 2009. They better win 11 games next year. There's no room for error. I'm glad that a fairly large cross section of the fan base has already turned on them, because that would make it easier for them to call for the regime's dismissal after the expected rocky start to their era.

Yeah....they get no margin for error. They better win in 09 and win big. No excuses, no pointing fingers.I don't care about Marshall being out for 8 games. If they think they're so smart, then win NOW or get out.

They didn't **** anything up, and any person with proper perspective on the issue can see that. No player beyond a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is untradeable, it just depends on the trade. Cutler is NOT in the Manning or Brady class, not yet anyway, and there is NOTHING wrong with exploring trade options. NOTHING. Cutler is the one being an unprofessional baby. Like Shannon Sharpe said, Shanny trade to trade him as part of the Eric Swann package (thankfully that fell through) and what did he do? Did he cry like a three year old? No. He came back to work and won a couple of Super Bowls. Hell, even after that level of success Shanny showed little interest in paying him fair market value and let him walked to Baltimore. Did Sharpe hold some kind of unreasoned grudge over that? No. He came back after further success in Baltimore and closed out his career with the same man who tried to trade him. That's how a professional handles things. Fortunately, what YOU want isn't going to mean a thing to Bowlen. He's going to look for reasonable signs of improvement and the team moving in the right direction, and if that is there McDaniels will be back in 2010 and probably beyond. I don't know if McD will turn out to be a good coach, but I'm not going to wish failure on him like you are doing over a situation that was NOT that big of a deal (or shouldn't be if one has a reasoned perspective). Frankly, your reaction to this whole thing is as immature as Jay's.

Florida_Bronco
03-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Is MArshall def. out for 8 games? Or ar we assumign worst case scenerio?

Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM

yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling bitch, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Assuming worst case scenario. The only thing the league has said is that they'd review the situation, and that was the day after his arrest.

Personally, I doubt there is any suspension. If, by some odd chance he is suspended it will be 4 games or less, I'd assume.

his lawyer did say it was a mix up and he should have never been arrested in the first place...but thats what lawyers say. well find out.

TheReverend
03-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately, it's a compounding "crisis".

The Mike Shanahan firing threw several people off the boat.

The Goodman firing shook more off.

The Cutler attempted trade even more.

It's not necessarily one catalyst, but questionable move after questionable move. If it doesn't result in a significant volume of wins to warrant some good faith, then there'll be issues.

TheReverend
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.

Yes, how dare he answer your question! The nerve?!?!?

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 03:20 PM
yea...you can continue to be a sky is falling b****, im gonna root for and support this team always. however, enjoy being a fairweather fan, see you during the season when they start winning and you suddenly support the team.

But your the one contemplating how much worse things could be if they go 1-15 next year.

What is the point of this thread?

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont think 1-15 would be too bad. Would get the best picks in the draft, would get McDniels fired, keeping Jay here...Cutler, Simms, the offensive line, Hillis, Dawkins, and Champ would all have to get like season ending training camp injuries to accomplish that though. And the rookies have to not be worth a shlt either. And McDaniels has to completely lose the locker room, which h is doing a really good job of doing so far.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:24 PM
to point out all the people like socal, doing this
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A9029/90298/300_90298.jpg

im genuinely curious how they will react if broncos have a bad year this year.

Hallside
03-08-2009, 03:26 PM
[picture of man crying]

Even SoCal would be more pissed if we went 1-15 next year than he is now. I still don't get the point of the thread.

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 03:28 PM

Are you old enough to drive a car? I am guessing you are no older than 23.

BroncoInferno
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I dont think 1-15 would be too bad. Would get the best picks in the draft, would get McDniels fired, keeping Jay here...Cutler, Simms, the offensive line, Hillis, Dawkins, and Champ would all have to get like season ending training camp injuries to accomplish that though. And the rookies have to not be worth a shlt either. And McDaniels has to completely lose the locker room, which h is doing a really good job of doing so far.

How would 1-15 keep Jay here? If we go 1-15, that would mean that all phases of the team tanked big time. If we go 1-15, you can rest assured Jay will have had a crappy season that will call his ability into serious question. Even if the D and ST are pitiful, if Jay and the offense perform as well as there capable we'll win at least 6 games.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Even SoCal would be more pissed if we went 1-15 next year than he is now. I still don't get the point of the thread.

the only way socal would react if he got more pissed then he is now would be to start kidnapping players and crazy ****.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:32 PM

because you know the people in the locker room and can say with good authority how they are reacting, considering no one has said ANYTHING other then cutler. and stokely didnt like how leach was released, it happens (that still baffles me too btw, but i guess a backup C is better then backup TE)

why not wait to see if hes actually a good coach before calling for him to be fired. i wonder if any other fanbase has actually wanted their their coach to be fired before even a minicamp or ota happened?

SoCalBronco
03-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Go to hell. You don't know the first thing about me. If you think I am a fairweather fan, you can go **** yourself. If you can't handle criticism of the team, then go to www.denverbroncos.com/homomania

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:40 PM
How would 1-15 keep Jay here? If we go 1-15, that would mean that all phases of the team tanked big time. If we go 1-15, you can rest assured Jay will have had a crappy season that will call his ability into serious question. Even if the D and ST are pitiful, if Jay and the offense perform as well as there capable we'll win at least 6 games.

No, you never even read my post. Jay Cutler will never be the starting quarterback in a 16 game season and only win 1 game. Never happen. He has to get a season ending injury before the regular season even starts, as well as chris Simms, as well as about 5-10 other ky starters, and the rookies cant do ****.

Read the post next time.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Go to hell. You don't know the first thing about me. If you think I am a fairweather fan, you can go **** yourself. If you can't handle criticism of the team, then go to www.denverbroncos.com/homomania

there is a difference between criticism and planned failure. if this team fails, you will be happy because you were right. if they win, you were wrong and will find reasons to nit pick on what they still did wrong. at the end of the day, all football is is entertainment, you can choose to enjoy it or choose to make it affect your life negatively. we all know what you did.

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
because you know the people in the locker room and can say with good authority how they are reacting, considering no one has said ANYTHING other then cutler. and stokely didnt like how leach was released, it happens (that still baffles me too btw, but i guess a backup C is better then backup TE)

why not wait to see if hes actually a good coach before calling for him to be fired. i wonder if any other fanbase has actually wanted their their coach to be fired before even a minicamp or ota happened?

Look, I wanted Spag here, and the kid already proved to me that he is young, inexperienced, a bit snakish, and might not know what he is doing. Yes I am really freaking nervous about this guy. There is no comfort zone that I felt with Shanahan and, even Reeves. And this will be my attitude until he proves me wrong, which I hope he does.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Look, I wanted Spag here, and the kid already proved to me that he is young, inexperienced, a bit snakish, and might not know what he is doing. Yes I am really freaking nervous about this guy. There is no comfort zone that I felt with Shanahan and, even Reeves. And this will be my attitude until he proves me wrong, which I hope he does.

spags was one of the very last coaches hired and from what i remember of reports from teh rams, only hired because garrett wanted too much money. i think its a pretty good indicator we got hte right guy, broncos hired him so soon because other teams WERE going to hire him.

hes had a great FA so far, replaced essentially the entire defense with guys who can come in and atleast help teh team compete while the defense is rebuilt. i dont quite understand the mass RB signings, but im not going to question his offensive ability too much.

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM

What you didnt get the memo? If you don't totally agree with and love everything the brass does in this organization, you are not a true fan.

spdirty
03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
spags was one of the very last coaches hired and from what i remember of reports from teh rams, only hired because garrett wanted too much money. i think its a pretty good indicator we got hte right guy, broncos hired him so soon because other teams WERE going to hire him.

hes had a great FA so far, replaced essentially the entire defense with guys who can come in and atleast help teh team compete while the defense is rebuilt. i dont quite understand the mass RB signings, but im not going to question his offensive ability too much.

Well, maybe its just me, but I look at resume more than interview skills. Also take stock in the fact that he had a playoff game to prepare for against the Eagles as well.

Norv Turner is a terrific interview as well.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Well, maybe its just me, but I look at resume more than interview skills. Also take stock in the fact that he had a playoff game to prepare for against the Eagles as well.

Norv Turner is a terrific interview as well.

resume? mcdaniels led the greatest offensive team in NFL history. 18 consecutive wins and what was it, almost 600 regular season points? as much as i hate the pats, they had the super bowl in their hands too, several breaks fell for the giants to win it (thank god too)

he also had a lifetime average QB who hasnt started in 6-7 years lead the patriots to 11-5, with consecutive 400 yard games, something tom brady never did. mcdaniels definitely has the resume and fits the mold of what pat like (young offensive minded coach).

spags is great at what he does, but if several teams passed on him and he almost didnt even get a HC job, it makes you think there has to be a reason why that we dont know about.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 03:58 PM
What you didnt get the memo? If you don't totally agree with and love everything the brass does in this organization, you are not a true fan.

and youre not a true fan if you wish the team does poorly so a guy you have it out for gets fired without even seeing if he can lead this team to greatness again, considering how long its been. criticism is one thing, hoping to lose is another.

Blueflame
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM

So you post a thread asking a question... for the sole purpose of making fun of the opinions of those who dare to respond? How's this for a response?

_i_O_i_ 4321~ _i_O_i_

The moderator job here on the Mane will be much tougher if the team endures a single-win season in '09. :nono:

Oh, and btw... you might want to edit your thread title to say January 2010... it's currently asking if there's more gloom and doom now or two months ago..... :pfbbt:

spdirty
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
resume? mcdaniels led the greatest offensive team in NFL history. 18 consecutive wins and what was it, almost 600 regular season points? as much as i hate the pats, they had the super bowl in their hands too, several breaks fell for the giants to win it (thank god too)

And who kicked his ass and outschemed him in the Super Bowl? Who took a Giants defense which was as bad as ours last yeas, and made it the strength of the team?

he also had a lifetime average QB who hasnt started in 6-7 years lead the patriots to 11-5, with consecutive 400 yard games, something tom brady never did. mcdaniels definitely has the resume and fits the mold of what pat like (young offensive minded coach).

Yeah, a quarterback that he thinks is better than Cutler.

spags is great at what he does, but if several teams passed on him and he almost didnt even get a HC job, it makes you think there has to be a reason why that we dont know about.

He was a shltty interview. Thats all.

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
1-15 would mean NOTHING is clicking...not even our "vaunted" offense. However, the coaches would likely get a pass from me because it's the first year. People who already have their minds made up about McDaniels won't take it so easy. There will be people melting down and there will be people trying to calm the storm. In otherwords, it will be business as usual...

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
And who kicked his ass and outschemed him in the Super Bowl? Who took a Giants defense which was as bad as ours last yeas, and made it the strength of the team?

Yeah, a quarterback that he thinks is better than Cutler.

He was a shltty interview. Thats all.

they didnt kick the pats ass, they slowed them down big time, but they were doing going into the final few minutes of the game. a dropped pick and amazing play later and the giants scored to take the lead. spags credentials are no better then mcdaniels, he has more experience in the NFL however thats not always a plus. this offseason has been good so far, and considering how ridiculously the media blew up the trading cutler story and cutlers response to it, i really doubt that is even a huge deal to anyone.

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
and youre not a true fan if you wish the team does poorly so a guy you have it out for gets fired without even seeing if he can lead this team to greatness again, considering how long its been. criticism is one thing, hoping to lose is another.

I am glad you are the person in charge of who is a true fan and who isn't.

The IntenetS really needed a guy like you to dedicate his whole life (your 17 right?) figuring out who is a true fan and who isn't.

Only someone who can completely take statements out of context or who doesn't fully comprehend them is the one truely worthy of defining true fandom.