montrose
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3957375

ludo21
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
what a moron.

orange crusher
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Still bitter about sucking on Young & Leinart while Mayock was pimping Jay.

rovolution
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
lol i love how defensive he is about it. Kiper is a very insecure dude. You can tell by how he talks and how emotional he is about Cutler.

arghemtee
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Kiper is still pissed. What a whiny bitch.

Kiper couldn't see talent is it slapped him in the face. He sounds like a bitter man because he was dead wrong on draft day.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Man that guy is stupid.

lazarus4444
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
We'll never know now, wish people would stop talking about it.

BroncoBuff
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
And this is surprising because ?

TheReverend
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

rbackfactory80
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I have a feeling that by mid-season little Simms will get a chance to start at QB. If Cutler is not traded before the start of the season, which after this mess and his attitude towards not being able to move past it, the coaches will not put up with him throwing 3 picks a game.

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Keep on grinding that personal axe Mel......

BroncoInferno
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Well, Kiper is obviously bitter about being dead wrong to rate Leinart and Young over Cutler, when some of his competition were doing just that. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that some of his points aren't dead on. It's a simple fact that this whole thing is only an issue if Jay chooses to be a baby and make it an issue. If he comes in and talks to the brass, says, "Hey, this is a business, I'm still the QB, we're moving on and going to work together to try and win a SB" then the whole thing is pretty much squashed. Kiper is also right when he says that Jay is NOT a great QB yet. He is not in that untouchable Peyton Manning, Tom Brady class of QB. He has the potential to get there, but he's gotta stop making dumb decisions that hurt his teams chances. On those points, Kiper is 100% correct.

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Kiper is an idiot and always has been. Jay has all the talent just needs the maturity. Lets hope he gets it eventually.

Rock Chalk
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
I never understood why you guys even bother with Kiper.

Most of America hates him and his hair helmet.

Northman
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I never understood why you guys even bother with Kiper.

Most of America hates him and his hair helmet.

Agreed. Its like feeding the chimps. Why even bother with that guy.

OBF1
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Nothing worse than a whiney biotch crying about another one. Stop the madness

crazyhorse
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Do you guys think Kiper said that because of Jays talent, or stability?

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Nothing worse than a whiney biotch crying about another one. Stop the madness

You stupid meany head. Don't you know that McStoopidCacahead is the reason Jay whines and cries.

TheReverend
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Can't wait till ESPN sees their draft day ratings destroyed. Then it'll be inherently obvious it's time for Kiper to gooooooooo

Northman
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Can't wait till ESPN sees their draft day ratings destroyed. Then it'll be inherently obvious it's time for Kiper to gooooooooo

Yep, totally off the mark last year. LOL

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM

Its clear Mayock and company are destroying them in ratings for all things NFL. You get this air of sensationalism from them in their reporting.

TheReverend
03-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Yep, totally off the mark last year. LOL

Hey was that movie good?

Was going to take my daughter, then read it's definitely not for kids.

HILife
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Kiper just made my sh*t list. He's nothing more then a joke and has been that way for a while. I can't believe he still can say bad things about him after he made the pro bowl. NOTHING will make him change is mind. Cutler could be a first ballet HOF and he still talk bad about him. Nothing more then a joke. Kiper stories should be banned from this site. We already none he's a nothing we don't need to hear from him to prove that.

If Cutler was a race and not a name, Kiper would be a bigot. THAT'S how much hate he has for Cutler. He's one hating arse man.

Define: Bigot
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+bigot&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Northman
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey was that movie good?

Going tonight to see it after work. Definitely not for kids with the R rating. Heard mixed reviews thus far but most positive so im hoping for the best tonight. ;D

GreatBronco16
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
I've been meaning to ask, but looking at your sig there Montrose, with Dawkins holding the Orange jersey. Is this a sign of things to come this season? Perhaps going with the Orange as our home jerseys this year? God I hope so.

Killericon
03-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey was that movie good?

I liked it, but it's definitely NOT for the kids.

Los Broncos
He head is so big you cant help but male fun of him.

OrangeShadow
Still bitter about sucking on Young & Leinart while Mayock was pimping Jay.

truth.

The Joker
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey was that movie good?

It's as good an action/blockbuster type film as you'll get. Some great characters, visually very impressive and the soundtrack is quality. The montage at the start of the film is fantastic, sets the tone so well and the film just flows on from there as its started.

Not one for the very young though cos it's pretty graphic in a number of instances.

Dr Manhattan needs some underwear...

backup qb
03-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Is Kiper even relevant anymore? Hell, I like Mcshay better than him. Mayock rules.

baja
03-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Man that dude can talk. What a motor mouth!

How'd you like him as a cellmate?

WolfpackGuy
03-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Kiper just lost what little credibility he had left with me with that BS.
Just because he was the ONLY draftnik for years doesn't make him the best.
Your time has passed, Mel.

rovolution
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
He has the potential to get there, but he's gotta stop making dumb decisions that hurt his teams chances. On those points, Kiper is 100% correct.

Brett Favre forged a HOF career this way

socalorado
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
No more Kiper threads. I think everyone knows hes a hack, and a complete moron by now.
The guy just needs to go away.

Inkana7
03-07-2009, 07:03 PM
"I'll see you at his Hall of Fame Induction"

-Mel Kiper after the Lions drafted Mike Williams.

Archer81
03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
**** Kiper.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Kiper is a moron. Cutler can win a super bowl and a league MVP and he will say the team carried Cutler to those heights. Cassel can go 3-13 the next 3 years, throw 60-INT's and only 40-TD's while Cutler wins double digit games the next 3 years gets to the playoffs every year, throws 90-TD's and only 25-INT's over the same time frame and Kiper will still find a way to say Cutler sucks.

Kiper is a moron and he can't identify talent even when it bitch slaps him.

Willynowei
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM
*points at Mel Kiper and laughs*

Archer81
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
It will be like Kiper saying he knew TD would be a superstar, but only after he said denver took him too high...

BroncoFiend
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Everyone has to remember that Kiper always points to Elway when talking about the best QB of all time.

He has been so wrong so much lately and he always compounds it with his emphatic assertions.

Spider
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Kiper wants to have Cutlers love Child

BroncoFiend
03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
It is possible that Jay will throw fewer picks without the pressure of having such a crap defense backing him up.

Archer81
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a feeling that by mid-season little Simms will get a chance to start at QB. If Cutler is not traded before the start of the season, which after this mess and his attitude towards not being able to move past it, the coaches will not put up with him throwing 3 picks a game.

Yeah, because he always throws 3 picks a game?

bombquixote
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
If you want to know if Denver's QB is any good, look no further than this board. Seriously. Elway set the bar Denver fans. We are the harshest critics. We have zero slack for poor QB play, and haven't been fully behind a QB since Elway left...until now. I'd say that's a pretty good indication of what Cutler brings to the table.

Kiper is a silly little man.

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 07:55 PM

This make so much sense with Simms being such a success wherever he's been and all... I can just think of all those 3 pick games Cutler has had! I mean who wouldn't want Simms over Cutler......................................

baja
03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Kiper wants to have Cutlers love Child

Where the hell you been Mister! ;D

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Man all Kiper has done is confirm how stupid he is.

maher_tyler
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't think it's long till he gets the boot from ESPN...kinda like what they did with salisbury(sp)...what an idiot

TheReverend
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't think it's long till he gets the boot from ESPN...kinda like what they did with salisbury(sp)...what an idiot

If only we could get Kiper to send cell pictures of his penis to co-workers, too...

SureShot
03-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah, because he always throws 3 picks a game?

1 time. Cutler had 3 ints in a game 1 time.

Archer81
03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
1 time. Cutler had 3 ints in a game 1 time.

Even the great Brady has had 3 pick games. If cutler has it happen to him only 1 time, then he is a lucky guy.

jbiel
03-07-2009, 08:33 PM
So Kiper has said he's been overhyped all along? Isn't he just admitting he was wrong on Vince Young and Leinart as its clear who has made bigger strides in the NFL. Give Cutler Tennesse's D, hell give him Arizona's D, and Cutler would have his team in the playoffs.

Kiper is just a big douchebag. There needs to be more draft guru's so people forget about this guy.

Archer81
03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
So Kiper has said he's been overhyped all along? Isn't he just admitting he was wrong on Vince Young and Leinart as its clear who has made bigger strides in the NFL. Give Cutler Tennesse's D, hell give him Arizona's D, and Cutler would have his team in the playoffs.

Kiper is just a big douchebag. There needs to be more draft guru's so people forget about this guy.

All it takes is Mayock. That dude rocks.

Kaylore
03-07-2009, 08:47 PM

It's because he's pissed he was wrong and mostly he got into with Mayock about him. I love when he said "a lot of people have egg on their face now" when his two guys he pimped, Leinart and Young, are riding the pine and Young threw a hissy fit about not winning worse than Cutler ever has.

Kiper's a retard.

AbileneBroncoFan
03-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Won't be long til this clown says we should trade Cutler for Stafford, straight up. ROFL!

BlaK-Argentina
03-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Even the great Brady has had 3 pick games. If cutler has it happen to him only 1 time, then he is a lucky guy.

Manning threw 6 in a game I believe.

Jay's thrown 3 once, against Miami.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
It is possible that Jay will throw fewer picks without the pressure of having such a crap defense backing him up.

i agree completely. if Jay isn't always being forced to do too much because he is trying to keep the game close or bring the team back from a deficit, his INT numbers will drop a lot. and also if we have a running game capable of keeping the defensive front 7 near the LOS instead of almost everyone dropping back into coverage forcing Jay to have to throw into double or triple coverage at all times.

give Jay a Defense that limits a team to around 20 a game and a running game that warrants some attention and Jay's INT numbers will be cut by more than half.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
If only we could get Kiper to send cell pictures of his penis to co-workers, too...

we should get a man on the inside at ESPN, hack his phone or steal it, then send pics to all of his contacts that are inappropriate and then he is fired. and the people will rejoice.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2009, 09:53 PM

switch the draft choice in Tennessee from Young to Cutler and the Titans would be polishing a Lombardi trophy right now with the defense and running game they had.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, Kiper is obviously bitter about being dead wrong to rate Leinart and Young over Cutler, when some of his competition were doing just that. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that some of his points aren't dead on. It's a simple fact that this whole thing is only an issue if Jay chooses to be a baby and make it an issue. If he comes in and talks to the brass, says, "Hey, this is a business, I'm still the QB, we're moving on and going to work together to try and win a SB" then the whole thing is pretty much squashed. Kiper is also right when he says that Jay is NOT a great QB yet. He is not in that untouchable Peyton Manning, Tom Brady class of QB. He has the potential to get there, but he's gotta stop making dumb decisions that hurt his teams chances. On those points, Kiper is 100% correct.

While some of his points might be true, his "i told you so" routine is absolutely dead wrong. He's still a successful QB that just threw for 4,500 in his second season as a starter.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
It's because he's pissed he was wrong and mostly he got into with Mayock about him. I love when he said "a lot of people have egg on their face now" when his two guys he pimped, Leinart and Young, are riding the pine and Young threw a hissy fit about not winning worse than Cutler ever has.

Kiper's a retard.

Yeah, thats what i'm saying. Egg on their face? Has Kiper completely ignored the statistics? And dont give me Denver record or his record as a starter. If he played with something that resembled even a pop warner D, no one would complain about his record. Last time i checked, Jay didnt play defense.

OABB
03-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Yeah, thats what i'm saying. Egg on their face? Has Kiper completely ignored the statistics? And dont give me Denver record or his record as a starter. If he played with something that resembled even a pop warner D, no one would complain about his record. Last time i checked, Jay didnt play defense.

got this from bronco mania:

- In his first 37 starts as a starter, the defense has given up 27 points per game and over 400 points each of the past 2 seasons. By comparison, Elway's defenses on average gave up about 19 points per game. The only quarterback to win a playoff game with a defense that gave up 400 points in a season? Kurt Warner with the Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

- Cutler's offense has averaged 22 points a game in his 37 starts. By comparison, Elway averaged 23 points a game.

- Cutler's offense scored more points in 2008 than Elway's yearly average.

- Cutler had 18 interceptions out of 616 attempts in 2008. That's a 2.9% INT average. By comparison, in Peyton Manning's third season, he had 15 interceptions in 571 attempts - a 2.69% average. Other quarterbacks in their third season:

Elway = 3.8% (23 INTS)
Favre = 4.59% (24 INTS)
Marino = 3.7% (20 INTS)

- Per season thus far, Cutler has averaged 3,008 yards, 18 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and a 62.5% completion rating. Taking away his rookie season, since he only played 5 games, he has averaged 4012 yards, 23 touchdowns, 16 interceptions. If you average that out to a 15 year career and barring injury, Cutler would have over 60,000 yards passing, 345 touchdowns, and 240 interceptions.

- The Broncos have had more starting running backs in the backfield over the past 37 games than any team in the NFL.

- Since Cutler took over in 2006, the defense has yielded just 51 turnovers, and just 12 in 2008. The NFL record for least amount of turnovers in a 16-game season is 11.

forgot to copy the op's name down....sorry dude. you can easily find this thread on bm if you guys want to read more.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2009, 11:52 PM

- In his first 37 starts as a starter, the defense has given up 27 points per game and over 400 points each of the past 2 seasons. By comparison, Elway's defenses on average gave up about 19 points per game. The only quarterback to win a playoff game with a defense that gave up 400 points in a season? Kurt Warner with the Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

- Cutler's offense has averaged 22 points a game in his 37 starts. By comparison, Elway averaged 23 points a game.

- Cutler had 18 interceptions out of 616 attempts in 2008. That's a 2.9% INT average. By comparison, in Peyton Manning's third season, he had 15 interceptions in 571 attempts - a 2.69% average. Other quarterbacks in their third season:

Elway = 3.8% (23 INTS)
Favre = 4.59% (24 INTS)
Marino = 3.7% (20 INTS)

- Per season thus far, Cutler has averaged 3,008 yards, 18 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and a 62.5% completion rating. Taking away his rookie season, since he only played 5 games, he has averaged 4012 yards, 23 touchdowns, 16 interceptions. If you average that out to a 15 year career and barring injury, Cutler would have over 60,000 yards passing, 345 touchdowns, and 240 interceptions.

- The Broncos have had more starting running backs in the backfield over the past 37 games than any team in the NFL.

- Since Cutler took over in 2006, the defense has yielded just 51 turnovers, and just 12 in 2008. The NFL record for least amount of turnovers in a 16-game season is 11.

forgot to copy the op's name down....sorry dude. you can easily find this thread on bm if you guys want to read more.

Rep given for truth!

ZONA
03-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Kiper just talks too much and ends up stuffing his foot in his mouth. You might have a small handful of teams out there that would rather have Cassel over Cutler and that's it. Both are young and still have alot to prove that is correct. But to say that Cassel is an obvious upgrade over Cutler baffles me because the reason he says Jay is not a great QB is because he hasn't won anything yet. Last time I checked neither has Cassel. So what makes him an obvious better QB? Because he played for NE which has one of the best complete teams in the NFL, a team that almost went 16-0 the season before?

And this is not homerism at all. Kiper contradicts himself in his own comments. He is an idiot. Sure he's right about Jay needing to shut up but that was the only thing he was right about.

BroncoInferno
03-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Brett Favre forged a HOF career this way

When Favre was at his best, Holmgren had him playing pretty smart, only throwing 12-13 INTs per year. After Holmgren went to Seattle, Favre became turnover machine who hurt his team as much as he helped them. That is what Cutler could become if he doesn't learn to play smarter.

SPORTSWRITER
03-08-2009, 03:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3957375

I can't understand how this fool keeps his job as a draft analyst, when virtually ever other moron in the business, as well as quite a few amateur analysts, ALWAYS do a better job of predicting and analyzing the NFL draft than he does!!

I can't remember for certain, but he maybe didn't even have Cutler in the top 20 overall in 2006, (and maybe not even in the top 3 or 4 QB's)! Yet he had Vince "THE WONDER LICK" Young and Matt "2'nd String" Lienhart both in the top 5 overall and numbers 1 and 2 at QB.

Do morons outrank idiots and imbeciles in intelligence? How about Kiper?? I don't think so! IMO, Mel Kiper is the WORST draft analyst ever, and the entire ESPN NFL staff isn't much better at their jobs. Damn, they all seem to hate the Broncos!!

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2009, 04:05 AM
When Favre was at his best, Holmgren had him playing pretty smart, only throwing 12-13 INTs per year. After Holmgren went to Seattle, Favre became turnover machine who hurt his team as much as he helped them. That is what Cutler could become if he doesn't learn to play smarter.

on the Favre comparison. Jay in his 3rd year threw 18-INT's on a team where he was the only thing that worked. He didn't lose us any games like Favre had a tendency to do. Sure he made mistakes by attempting the deep pass he shouldn't or throwing into coverage and not throwing the ball away, but he rarely has those 3+ INT days(only 1 and it was against Miami) that Favre seemed to have almost every few weeks the last few years of his career.

Plus when you factor in the fact Jay has had no running game to help him carry the offensive load, and no defense his entire time as a starter. The fact that he only has one 3-INT day in his career so far is an incredible feat. As a 3rd year player and only 2nd year starter, Jay has already shown to be more protective of the ball than Favre has been for about the last 5 years, because of this alone, i feel he will be better than Brett.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 04:44 AM
I can't understand how this fool keeps his job as a draft analyst, when virtually ever other moron in the business, as well as quite a few amateur analysts, ALWAYS do a better job of predicting and analyzing the NFL draft than he does!!

I can't remember for certain, but he maybe didn't even have Cutler in the top 20 overall in 2006, (and maybe not even in the top 3 or 4 QB's)! Yet he had Vince "THE WONDER LICK" Young and Matt "2'nd String" Lienhart both in the top 5 overall and numbers 1 and 2 at QB.

Do morons outrank idiots and imbeciles in intelligence? How about Kiper?? I don't think so! IMO, Mel Kiper is the WORST draft analyst ever, and the entire ESPN NFL staff isn't much better at their jobs. Damn, they all seem to hate the Broncos!!

1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB USC
2. New Orleans Mario Williams, DE NC State
3. Tennessee Matt Leinart, QB USC
4. N.Y. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T Virginia
5. Green Bay A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio St.
6. San Francisco Vernon Davis, TE Maryland
7. Oakland Vince Young, QB Texas
8. Buffalo Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida St.
9. Detroit Michael Huff, DB Texas
10. Arizona Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

Eldorado
03-08-2009, 08:01 AM

Elway = 3.8% (23 INTS)
Favre = 4.59% (24 INTS)
Marino = 3.7% (20 INTS)

Those numbers are misleading. If you want to do a meaningful comparison of QB's across eras, you have to compare their deviations from the norm for the year(s) of interest. This is a QB friendly league now. I am sure Elway's stats would've been a little more impressive if he had come into a league with the current defensive holding/contact rules.

rbackfactory80
03-08-2009, 08:40 AM
This make so much sense with Simms being such a success wherever he's been and all... I can just think of all those 3 pick games Cutler has had! I mean who wouldn't want Simms over Cutler......................................

Cutler throws too many picks. You and your friend sir whatever his name is can argue that fact but its the truth. Simms knows unlike you two football geniuses that he has a good chance to start here due to either Jay's sloppy play or this mess that has formed. Sense is my middle name, if you two need advice give me a shout.

OABB
03-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Those numbers are misleading. If you want to do a meaningful comparison of QB's across eras, you have to compare their deviations from the norm for the year(s) of interest. This is a QB friendly league now. I am sure Elway's stats would've been a little more impressive if he had come into a league with the current defensive holding/contact rules.

I disagree. Although you may not be able to accurately gauge the comparisons, anyone with half a brain understands that football is still football. If you have a ****ty defense that is in the bottom of virtually every category and doesn't create turnovers, and lead the league in starting rb's, you are not going to win many games. any moron should be able to figure this out. In fact if you aren't sure whether or not someone is an actual "moron", have them read my above post, and if they still have anything to say about Jay's win loss record, than they are a moron.

OABB
03-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Cutler throws too many picks. You and your friend sir whatever his name is can argue that fact but its the truth. Simms knows unlike you two football geniuses that he has a good chance to start here due to either Jay's sloppy play or this mess that has formed. Sense is my middle name, if you two need advice give me a shout.

while I agree that Cutler throughs "too many" picks, I may remind you that he has only been a starter for TWO ****ING YEARS. have you ever watched football before these two years?

He made the ****ing probowl! in his second ****ing year! he throws lead blocks, he runs over safeties, he has a rocket arm, he threw for over 4000 yards. he threw more touchdowns than picks moron!

he tied a record for td passes by a rookie in his first five games!

our team suck! we have ****ty d, ****ty st, and a ****ty o. If any other qb was back there these two years it would have been ugly.

too many picks! jesus you are ****ing incredible.

I remember when elway got bashed like this up until he won a superbowl....now he's the greatest ever. it's people like you that where behind that kind of moronic dip**** like opinion swaying nonsense.

god, some fans are beyonf spoiled...I am going to go for a walk and punch the first mouth breather I see.

rbackfactory80
03-08-2009, 10:39 AM
while I agree that Cutler throughs "too many" picks, I may remind you that he has only been a starter for TWO ****ING YEARS. have you ever watched football before these two years?

He made the ****ing probowl! in his second ****ing year! he throws lead blocks, he runs over safeties, he has a rocket arm, he threw for over 4000 yards. he threw more touchdowns than picks moron!

he tied a record for td passes by a rookie in his first five games!

our team suck! we have ****ty d, ****ty st, and a ****ty o. If any other qb was back there these two years it would have been ugly.

too many picks! jesus you are ****ing incredible.

I remember when elway got bashed like this up until he won a superbowl....now he's the greatest ever. it's people like you that where behind that kind of moronic dip**** like opinion swaying nonsense.

god, some fans are beyonf spoiled...I am going to go for a walk and punch the first mouth breather I see.

I don't need to reply, thanks!

Northman
03-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Manning threw 6 in a game I believe.

Jay's thrown 3 once, against Miami.

Im sorry, what did you say? I was looking at your avatar. :yayaya:

Circle Orange
03-08-2009, 11:11 AM

You definitely can throw for more yards and completions now. Shoot, a 4,000 yard year was once considered platinum. Now, it's considered a high mark but not 'unreachable.'

Also, Dan Reeves didn't let #7 loose until late in the game after keeping things close with running and conservative playcalling. A lil' different than Shanny just letting his own guy 'run loose and sling it' from quarter one.

OABB
03-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't need to reply, thanks!

you're welcome!

SouthStndJunkie
03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
"We got a guy up here ... and who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway? I mean, here's a guy who criticizes everybody, whoever they take. He's got the answers to who you should take, to who you shouldn't take. He tells us about your team. He tells us about the Rams. Mel Kiper is a tortoise. He tells us about Tampa and everything else. In my knowledge of him, he's never even put on a jockstrap, he's never been a player, he's never been a coach, he's never been a scout, he's never been an administrator, and all of a sudden, he's an expert. He's in our paper two days ago, telling us who we have to take. We don't have to take anybody that Mel Kiper says we have to take. Mel Kiper has no more credentials to do what he's doing than my neighbor, and my neighbor's a postman and he doesn't even have season tickets to the NFL."

montrose
03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I've been meaning to ask, but looking at your sig there Montrose, with Dawkins holding the Orange jersey. Is this a sign of things to come this season? Perhaps going with the Orange as our home jerseys this year? God I hope so.

I hope so too. I e-mailed Lindsay Jones and she wasn't sure about it but was going to check.

socalorado
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.dickipedia.org/dick.php?title=Mel_Kiper%2C_Jr.

In 1999, he touted the potential of Oregon quarterback Akili Smith to exceed at the professional level. Fans have high hopes for Smith to have a great season this year and to make a big statement in his league (http://www.cfl.ca/).

In 1998, Kiper argued that Ryan Leaf, 2nd overall pick, had an attitude that would be an asset in the NFL. He has since become one of professional football's most notable quarterbacks (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/espn25/story?page=listranker/25biggestflops).
In 2001, Kiper predicted a dismal 0-16 season for the New England Patriots. The team finished slightly better than that prediction, managing to win just one Super Bowl the entire season.

DHallblows
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Absolutely retarded...

C130Herkload
03-10-2009, 12:08 PM
two words.

Camaro Hair.

Bleed n Orange
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Just in case anyone missed Mel's rant he reposted it today on ESPN as his "Tuesday with Mel" column....he really feels it is important for everyone to hear this rant..

TheDave
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
He's a Ravens fan... what do you expect.

Sassy
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
How would Kiper know? For all we know Cassel is a one year wonder.