PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: TO signed by Buffalo, 1 year deal

rovolution
03-07-2009, 03:46 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/07/to-signs-one-year-deal-with-bills/

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
God help 'em.....I wonder how many suckers will lay out $$$ for his jersey.

Br0nc0Buster
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
good

Let him wreck Edwards

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
good

Let him wreck Edwards

Edwards is a wreck already. My guess is that he lays waste to the entire franchise and they end up moving in his wake.

CHANGSTER
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Gotta sell them tickets somehow I guess.

Jens1893
03-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Bizarre.

Br0nc0Buster
03-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Edwards is a wreck already. My guess is that he lays waste to the entire franchise and they end up moving in his wake.

lol
It results in the owner taking his own life and massive layoffs in Buffalo

Broncoman13
03-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I can think of 26 teams I would rather play for as opposed to going to Canada South to freeze my ass off! T.O. has several offers on the table my ass!

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 04:11 PM
lol
It results in the owner taking his own life and massive layoffs in Buffalo

It's a death knell for the current Bills anyway you slice it.

Paladin
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
It's a one year deal. He'll play nice for one year......

AbileneBroncoFan
03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
That means this clown isn't coming here.

Cue the angelic chorus of "hallelujah."

Majik
03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
TO and Marshawn Lynch, explosive combination.

edit: I feel bad for my boy Lee Evans.

ludo21
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
He will do just fine there opposite Lee Evans.

Probably have a good season and then try to get one last night contract to ride out his career.

watermock
03-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Now Jones is willing to have $9.675 million count against its salary cap for Owens not to be there. That is as damning as any words any executive issued Thursday.

..........at least it's less than the the hole in Bowlen's pocket.

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
To be fair, Buffalo is a place he can go and continue being a ball hog. That was probably a priority for him.

BroncoBuff
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
God help 'em.....I wonder how many suckers will lay out $$$ for his jersey.

Well, the Toronto Bills gotta do anything they can to sell tickets and jerseys and extras and anything they can.

Merlin
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
It's a death knell for the current Bills anyway you slice it.
There is neither a strong player or coach to reign him in...they are also young. This a pretty bad mixture.

gyldenlove
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
This is going to suck, I have Trent Edwards and Lee Evans in a fantasy keeper league, they both just got worthless.

FireFly
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Stupid stupid people.

OBF1
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
It is a good fit, Small market team with an average QB throwing him the ball. Over/Under on first meltdown is game 2

rastaman
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Come on guys....don't be haters. Sure TO has a chemical imbalance in his brain which makes it difficult handling team concepts and various teammates. However, one thing Owens does is produce on the field. No other WR has caught more TD's over a the last 3 years than TO. Now of course he played with an inconsistent and turn over prone Romo. I imagine Witten and Romo may have thrown TO under the bus. But hey, he was with Dallas for 3 years, gave it his best shot, now it time to move on.

rastaman
03-07-2009, 05:36 PM
It is a good fit, Small market team with an average QB throwing him the ball. Over/Under on first meltdown is game 2

Well he had an average QB throwing to him in Dallas over the last 3 years....so nothing is new.

lazarus4444
03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Good, now we can quit worrying about him coming here. Lets go get Holt who will provide leadership on the offensive side of the ball.

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Come on guys....don't be haters. Sure TO has a chemical imbalance in his brain which makes it difficult handling team concepts and various teammates. However, one thing Owens does is produce on the field. No other WR has caught more TD's over a the last 3 years than TO. Now of course he played with an inconsistent and turn over prone Romo. I imagine Witten and Romo may have thrown TO under the bus. But hey, he was with Dallas for 3 years, gave it his best shot, now it time to move on.

Backing it up on the field NEVER makes being a jerk acceptable.....NEVER.

OBF1
03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Backing it up on the field NEVER makes being a jerk acceptable.....NEVER.

Quoted and repped for truth ^5

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I just am thankful that he will be nowhere close to the Denver Broncos locker room.

backup qb
03-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Thank goodness. I would say that hopefully they will suck so we don't have to hear from him, but we all know it won't be that easy to escape his crap.

gyldenlove
03-07-2009, 06:55 PM
This should be interesting when he realizes that Trent Edwards will only throw the ball to runningbacks after he gets picked off.

broncosteven
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Add that 2nd string RB that pounded the ball vs us and they are set on O.

Their D is suspect but this may save Juron's job if he is still HC there.

HEAV
03-07-2009, 07:23 PM
This has me scratching my head...I thought for sure he was Oak-town bound. Wow Buff-a-low...

ol number 7
03-07-2009, 10:45 PM
It's a one year deal. He'll play nice for one year......
Jauron better load up on the Preparation H. He just got a year of a flaming pack of Hemmeroids. Will TO try to coax Farve outta retirement?.
Like that God brought me here comment. By way of Jerry Jones givin him the ol Cowboy BOOT.

Rohirrim
03-08-2009, 10:09 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tPQQLMXmQ4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tPQQLMXmQ4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rastaman
03-08-2009, 10:27 AM
He will do just fine there opposite Lee Evans.

Probably have a good season and then try to get one last night contract to ride out his career.

TO has a lot left in the tank. He stays in shape, doesn't over indulge w/alcohol, eats healthy and has never had major knee injuries, foot, or ankle.

So he's probably closer to 30 years old than he is 35 or 36. Hate and despise him if you will, but he's a hell of an athlete and excels and produces on the field. Its not TO's fault Dallas didn't win any post season games in the three years he was a Cowboy.

Inkana7
03-08-2009, 10:36 AM
TO has a lot left in the tank. He stays in shape, doesn't over indulge w/alcohol, eats healthy and has never had major knee injuries, foot, or ankle.

So he's probably closer to 30 years old than he is 35 or 36. Hate and despise him if you will, but he's a hell of an athlete and excels and produces on the field. Its not TO's fault Dallas didn't win any post season games in the three years he was a Cowboy.

Actually it partly is. If you paid any attention to football the past two seasons you'd see that.

rastaman
03-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Jauron better load up on the Preparation H. He just got a year of a flaming pack of Hemmeroids. Will TO try to coax Farve outta retirement?.
Like that God brought me here comment. By way of Jerry Jones givin him the ol Cowboy BOOT.

I don't recall the prima dona Jerry Jones HC Wade Philip's needing to load up on Preparation H, so why should Jauron need to do so?

BroncoBuff
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Leonard Cohen - Sings HIS Hallelujah
Great songwriter ... not so great singer, at least not in a traditional sense. On the other hand, k.d. lang's live version of Cohen's 'Hallelujah,' included as a bonus track on the Deluxe Edition CD of her 2008 album Watershed, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(K.D._Lang_album)) is a portentially life-transforning piece of work. Gotta watch to the end .... jump to 3:20 if you must:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX4cNhFgElw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX4cNhFgElw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cito Pelon
03-08-2009, 10:45 AM
So TO goes to the AFC after all these years. It's surely gonna be interesting to see how this turns out, as it always has with TO. A one-year deal was smart for Buffalo.

Spider
03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
This is the time T.O. Needs to look at himself seriously .........
Niners = Room for doubt
Eagles , Cowboys = he needs to do some soul searching and find out why these teams keep dealing him off .......
His ego is costing him more then his talent can pay off ........
He is a Bill for only 1 year right now , that was probably the only offer on the table ....... He keeps it up he will be like Jeff George ......

Rohirrim
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Great songwriter ... not so great singer, at least not in a traditional sense. On the other hand, k.d. lang's live version of Cohen's 'Hallelujah,' included as a bonus track on the Deluxe Edition CD of her 2008 album Watershed, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(K.D._Lang_album)) is a portentially life-transforning piece of work. Gotta watch to the end .... jump to 3:20 if you must:

Nice, but I like Leonard's better. ;D

broncosteven
03-08-2009, 03:03 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX4cNhFgElw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TX4cNhFgElw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don Henley loves Cohen, I love Don's work (solo and with Eagles) but I never could get into Cohen.

baja
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Dude do you get what a dork you look like in that pic in your sig.?

I guess it's a blessing you don't see how butt ugly you are. ;D

Dagmar
03-09-2009, 08:38 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/drew030909new-585x395.gif