PDA

View Full Version : Extending Cutler now.

Pseudofool
03-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Burger-and-fries Bill suggested in his quaint (by that I mean largely dumb) article (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1719/Three-ways-the-Broncos-can-move-forward.html) that Denver should extend Cutler now. (Discuss that article in particular here (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78026)).

I'm curious what the mane thinks of this as a means of mending some fences. What will it cost? Is it even remotely realistic? How far would it go to repairing the relationship between Cutler and the Front Office?

(Poll coming.)

TheDave
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Bad idea, we have no idea how he is going to work in this system...

NFLBRONCO
03-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I voted Yes

It proves your backing up your no trade stance to Cutler words won't do it now.

thumpc
03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Jay can improve his value with a winning season and five fewer ints.

BlaK-Argentina
03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
If he plays well this season, extend him. Right now I wouldn't.

ludo21
03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Jay needs to prove he can play in this system first, and win games to deserve an extension.

If we make the playoffs this year or he plays like he did last year then extend him.

GreatBronco16
03-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Do you guys seriously think that Cutler can't play in McDs system as good if not better than Cassel did?

I don't think Cutler will have a problem with the system.

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 02:59 PM
So we should reward him for being a whiney baby?

Ironlung
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Isn't Cutler the one who has been working with Mc since the Pro Bowl on learning the new system? On HIS free time? Then almost gets shipped outta town for his troubles?

But he's a baby? We should reward him for not tellin' Mc to eat **** and die, and tellin' McDouche to have fun with Chris Sims.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I say do it as long as there is a anti-crybaby clause in it or a keep your mouth shut on every little issue clause.

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Agreed, No one should be extended until they prove themselves adaptable to the new Regime's system.

Dedhed
03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Do you guys seriously think that Cutler can't play in McDs system as good if not better than Cassel did?

I don't think he'll have a problem with the system either, but he does need to prove that he can be the leader of this football team.

To me there are some serious questions that have arisen regarding whether Cutler is coachable. Before I extended his contract he would need to prove that he can handle all the responsibilities of a franchise QB.

And on a simply pragmatic note we should wait until we know whether there's going to be a salary cap in the future.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Agreed, No one should be extended until they prove themselves adaptable to the new Regime's system.

This illustrates the apparently unending dumbassery of this regime. The smart coach is the one that adapts his style and system to his players, not imposes something from some ivory tower. This is why its also stupid for them to be shopping Scheffler. He's a near pro bowl quality recieving tight end. If the Patriots offense doesn't really utilize recieving tight ends then the answer is to change the Patriots offense accordingly. McDaniels does not have a monopoly on wisdom. He's just a 32 year old kid. That's all he is. That he's insisting on a square peg when he might have some round holes illustrates his immaturity and stupidity and lack of basic competence.

OBF1
03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Stop with this 32 year kid crap. Where was Bill Gates at 32. Next

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
This illustrates the apparently unending dumbassery of this regime. The smart coach is the one that adapts his style and system to his players, not imposes something from some ivory tower. This is why its also stupid for them to be shopping Scheffler. He's a near pro bowl quality recieving tight end. If the Patriots offense doesn't really utilize recieving tight ends then the answer is to change the Patriots offense accordingly. McDaniels does not have a monopoly on wisdom. He's just a 32 year old kid. That's all he is. That he's insisting on a square peg when he might have some round holes illustrates his immaturity and stupidity and lack of basic competence.

It's clear it's going to be the Patriot Way or the HWY under McDaniels. Stupid or not, that's just the way of it. The onus to adapt and change is on the players, not the coach and his schemes.

elsid13
03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Isn't Cutler the one who has been working with Mc since the Pro Bowl on learning the new system? On HIS free time? Then almost gets shipped outta town for his troubles?

But he's a baby? We should reward him for not tellin' Mc to eat **** and die, and tellin' McDouche to have fun with Chris Sims.

Yes Culter was coming in to learn the system and hang with the new coaching staff on his own time.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
So we should reward him for being a whiney baby?

yes.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes Culter was coming in to learn the system and hang with the new coaching staff on his own time.

He does deserve some blame, though, for being naive. He should have known better than to make a good faith attempt to work with snakes. They're snakes for a reason.

elsid13
It's clear it's going to be the Patriot Way or the HWY under McDaniels. Stupid or not, that's just the way of it. The onus to adapt and change is on the players, not the coach and his schemes.

Actually the OC and position coaches should be one telling the Head Coach, what if we do this instead. Right now it seem McKid is only listening to himself and Kidd.

theAPAOps5
yes.

Then thats just sad. Eh well this poll accurately reflects the general trend of this board.

telluride
As much as I like Cutler, there are too many warning flags to merit an extension:

1. His health. I actually think that his diabetes causes more problems for him during games than is acknowledged. And diabetes-related health issues only deepen over time.

2. His immaturity. He's not a rookie any longer. And yet he pouts and sulks and whines like one. (And apparently parties like one.) He needs to show that he's a leader on the field and off.

3. His decision making in games. Again, he's not a rookie. Yet he makes too many rookie mistakes, particularly in the Red Zone.

4. His ego. It's entirely too big, given what he's accomplished in the league thus far. A little humility would serve him well.

This is shaping up to be a make-or-break year for Jay. If he grows up and plays well and manages his health and wins, then he'll put himself in a position for a nice contract extension. If not, he'll be gone next season. And deservedly so.

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 03:29 PM
No Telluride its the snakes that are making you think that way. Jay is a victim in this whole mess, ::)

elsid13
03-07-2009, 03:29 PM
He does deserve some blame, though, for being naive. He should have known better than to make a good faith attempt to work with snakes. They're snakes for a reason.

I know folks are blaming Cutler, but when Stokely comes out and bash them for releasing Leach, it tells you something about our new coach and how he operates.

If the rest of the Belicheat ex-coach act this way, no wonder they are failures.

Broncojef
03-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd give Cutler a year in "the system" to see how it goes. If he is on the right track and performing reward him, if not we still have a couple years to find the right fit and get some trade value. To this point jay has shown the skills and upside to be the quarterback we need long term but certainly not the leadership or mental stability needed in that position.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I know folks are blaming Cutler, but when Stokely comes out and bash them for releasing Leach, it tells you something about our new coach and how he operates.

If the rest of the Belicheat ex-coach act this way, no wonder they are failures.

Perhaps that's what Pat needs to realize what he threw away. Perhaps he needs to feel what real failure feels like, not .500 failure. REAL failure.

Maybe that's what he really needs.

Well...."that" and a clinic.

Broncojef
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Or maybe Stokley is feeling the heat of being replaced as well. Too many average guys were complacent for too long, nice to see a shake-up finally. All you Shanny lovers might start singing a different tune should we actually start performing late in the season and actually start being competitive during games that matter on national TV.

Br0nc0Buster
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Perhaps that's what Pat needs to realize what he threw away. Perhaps he needs to feel what real failure feels like, not .500 failure. REAL failure.

Maybe that's what he really needs.

Well...."that" and a clinic.

Ok before McDaniels has coached a game you know he will be a complete faliure and you also know he is apparently a snake who stabs people in the back.
And you keep saying this over and over again

But Pat is the one with the problem.....

elsid13
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Or maybe Stokley is feeling the heat of being replaced as well. Too many average guys were complacent for too long, nice to see a shake-up finally. All you Shanny lovers might start singing a different tune should we actually start performing late in the season and actually start being competitive during games that matter on national TV.

Stokely has been very solid pro, if he released today would he be signed by other team (Colts) within a week. He knows how good teams operates and call him an average player or someone that doesn't wants to win is a joke.

Hogan11
03-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Stokely has been very solid pro, if he released today would he be signed by other team (Colts) within a week. He knows how good teams operates and call him an average player or someone that doesn't wants to win is a joke.

Stokely has never gotten his proper due here.....never.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok before McDaniels has coached a game you know he will be a complete faliure and you also know he is apparently a snake who stabs people in the back.
And you keep saying this over and over again

But Pat is the one with the problem.....

They have different problems. Pat has a disease. That's a fact. It's not a joke, its not for laughs, its not conjecture, its not surmise. He has a serious alcohol problem. He needs to go get treatment. I probably went too far in attacking him previously because I thought it was Bowlen talking, but its not Pat Bowlen talking. It's the disease talking.

Broncojef
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM

I never called him less than a pro, but GD someone stop the whining spicket with these guys. They play football for a living and cry incessantly.

frerottenextelway
03-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Jay needs to prove he can play in this system first, and win games to deserve an extension.

If we make the playoffs this year or he plays like he did last year then extend him.

If McDaniels can't have success offensively with Cutler, than McDaniels should find a new career.

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM

What are the odds he sucks in a shotgun oriented system lol... if anything he's going to be even better.

Cutler's been quoted numerous times saying he loves the shotgun and if he could take every snap in a game from it he would.

montrose
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
While I could go on about fitting in the system, leadership and decison making - I simply cant justify investing in a diabetic who I truly believe has an alcohol issue. The fact Jay was boozing the night before games is awful enough, but that he's putting his health at risk makes him too shaky to bank on long term at this point.

Kaylore
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
No. I think he'll be awesome but both parties would benefit from waiting a season. Will he play along? Will he listen to the coach? Will he stop getting wasted the night before games? Does he want to stay in Denver? Can the McDaniels/Cutler marriage still work?

Wait a year.

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Mangini is hated by a ton of people for treating people like cogs not humans. McDaniels has taken a similar approach... Bilicheat does the same thing, so it's easy to see why they both do it. Romeo and Charlie were fairly old when they were on Bilicheat's staff so they didn't really take after him in that way, though Charlie is known as an asshole too.

GreatBronco16
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Ok, where in the hell was I when this came down about Cutler drinking before games? I know living out here in Bama I'm way out of the loop as far as news goes about my Broncos, and I do try to keep up with the news on this site since it is the best news source for me when it comes to the Broncos. But when the hell did this happen? Someone point me in the direction so I can catch up please.

TheDave
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
No. I think he'll be awesome but both parties would benefit from waiting a season. Will he play along? Will he listen to the coach? Will he stop getting wasted the night before games? Does he want to stay in Denver? Can the McDaniels/Cutler marriage still work?

Wait a year.

You know boss, I sure hope your sources are correct about this, that is a very serious allegation that gets thrown around here like its a fact.

elsid13
03-07-2009, 04:48 PM
While I could go on about fitting in the system, leadership and decison making - I simply cant justify investing in a diabetic who I truly believe has an alcohol issue. The fact Jay was boozing the night before games is awful enough, but that he's putting his health at risk makes him too shaky to bank on long term at this point.

Dude he's 25 single guy that has money. Why shouldn't he enjoy an adult beverage? It not like he drinking and driving, reports by posters on the mane state that he ensure that he not dumb about that. And another poster here on the mane, stated he also is a diabetic and drinks all the time too. It about ensuring that he watches his blood suger, this is not a something that going to hurt him if he does the right thing with his montoring and shots.

Kaylore
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
You know boss, I sure hope your sources are correct about this, that is a very serious allegation that gets thrown around here like its a fact.

It's true. You don't have to take my word for it. There's a bunch of people that have seen him hitting the sauce before games. What's upsetting is the ones I knew about were before games at home where he played poorly and we had our trash handed to us. More upsetting is I didn't even know about the Buffalo game incident. It is very serious.

elsid13
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM

Wait a year.

What is your defination of "wasted"? Is he falling down drunk? Or he closing the bar?

spdirty
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
It's true. You don't have to take my word for it. There's a bunch of people that have seen him hitting the sauce before games. What's upsetting is the ones I knew about were before games at home where he played poorly and we had our trash handed to us. More upsetting is I didn't even know about the Buffalo game incident. It is very serious.

buffalo game incident?

manchambo
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM

If he doesn't work in the system the system needs to be changed . . .

That was exactly the problem with Bates. He took a bunch of players that had learned systems since they were children, and been succesful through college and into the NFL, and when his "system" licked donkeyballs he blamed it on the players. Suggested they were suddenly not smart enough to figure out a system.

It is the height of coaching stupidity and arrogance to try to fit players to a system, rather than the other way around. The play for Cassel makes me somewhat worried that McDaniels suffers from that problem. I hope I'm wrong.

FireFly
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Right now, we could give him a deal similar to the one Cassel got. In a year it will be a substantially higher price.

He will have no problems in this new system. He can make all the throws (expect the dump off's I suppose). Leet Qb's don't come around every year, you need to lock them down.

rastaman
03-07-2009, 05:22 PM

Bingo! couldn't have said it better. All you Cutler haters can't have your cake and eat it to. You call whinny, spoiled, a baby, immature and yet you expect Cutler to remain a Bronco out of blind loyalty???? You had better wake up and realize.....Cutler may not want to be a lifetime Bronco just yet.

Besides, contract extentions are just code word for "Getting a player to sign as cheap as possible w/o the player testing the market to find out his TRUE worth!!

Hopefully Cutler isn't that stupid and gulible.

TEST THE MARKET CUTLER!!:thumbs:

spdirty
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Bingo! couldn't have said it better. All you Cutler haters can't have your cake and eat it to. You call whinny, spoiled, a baby, immature and yet you expect Cutler to remain a Bronco out of blind loyalty???? You had better wake up and realize.....Cutler may not want to be a lifetime Bronco just yet.

Besides, contract extentions are just code word for "Getting a player to sign as cheap as possible w/o the player testing the market to find out his TRUE worth!!

Hopefully Cutler isn't that stupid and gulible.

TEST THE MARKET CUTLER!!:thumbs:

Dude your an asshole if you want Cutler to test the market. I want him to sign a 12 year extension.

montrose
03-07-2009, 05:45 PM

It's fact as far as I'm concerned. I've heard multiple stories from extremely credible people who have no reason to lie.

Dude he's 25 single guy that has money. Why shouldn't he enjoy an adult beverage?

He's a diabetic athlete. I'd bet money that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady - true franchise QB's - wouldn't touch the bottle if they were diabetic. In fact, I'd guess they barely tough liquor during the season right now - if at all.

And another poster here on the mane, stated he also is a diabetic and drinks all the time too.

Sure, but he's not a professional football player. And even if Jay weren't diabetic, the stories around town of he and Scheffler getting tanked Saturday nights before home games at Earls, the Sports Column and Lodo's are still concerning.

buffalo game incident?

There's been a lot of talk around town that Jay was visibly wasted downtown the night before the Miami, Oakland and Buffalo home games. Coincidence or not, those weren't three of Jay's best performances.

arghemtee
03-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Do you know how many people drink before the next work day? Big deal, it doesnt make them any less of a professional.

ludo21
03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Do you know how many people drink before the next work day? Big deal, it doesnt make them any less of a professional.

haha. nice try. Drinking before GAME DAY is unacceptable.

Imagine if he doesnt drink how great get can be tho Ha!

arghemtee
03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
He's a diabetic athlete. I'd bet money that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady - true franchise QB's - wouldn't touch the bottle if they were diabetic. In fact, I'd guess they barely tough liquor during the season right now - if at all.

Sure, but he's not a professional football player. And even if Jay weren't diabetic, the stories around town of he and Scheffler getting tanked Saturday nights before home games at Earls, the Sports Column and Lodo's are still concerning.

So why bring up diabetes?

"Lol!111 Jay Cutl3r haz diaabeetus n' drynkz!1"

"but, a lot of diabetics drink?"

"uhh,, AND HE PLAYZ FOTBAL!1?"

The mix is even more deadly? I guess.

arghemtee
03-07-2009, 06:01 PM
haha. nice try. Drinking before GAME DAY is unacceptable.

Imagine if he doesnt drink how great get can be tho Ha!

Should eating sugar or drinking caffeine also be unacceptable before game day?

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
So it looks like we have our latest Casino screen name.

Rock Chalk
03-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Maybe. McD's system requires much more than what Shanny required of Cutler. Cutler had free reign to do what he will. McD's system will require Cutler to be more careful with the ball and not make even half as many bad decisions and bad passes.

Can Cutler do it? Yeah. But will he get rid of that stupid Favre QBing attitude of being able to make anythrow in any place at any time. That wont cut it in McD's system.

I voted no. Cutler is going to eventually be a great QB, but it remains to be seen whether he will be one with Denver. I want to see him win a game with the playoffs on the line and him lead his team down the field for the win. He hasnt done it in the pros, he didnt do it in college. Let's see what he can do first in this system.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM

No he adopts the system to his players. Look at last years Pats vs the year before. You can't tell me that was all Bill B. I agree though why are they shopping Tony other than he can't stay healthy.

GreatBronco16
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Maybe. McD's system requires much more than what Shanny required of Cutler. Cutler had free reign to do what he will. McD's system will require Cutler to be more careful with the ball and not make even half as many bad decisions and bad passes.

Can Cutler do it? Yeah. But will he get rid of that stupid Favre QBing attitude of being able to make anythrow in any place at any time. That wont cut it in McD's system.

I voted no. Cutler is going to eventually be a great QB, but it remains to be seen whether he will be one with Denver. I want to see him win a game with the playoffs on the line and him lead his team down the field for the win. He hasnt done it in the pros, he didnt do it in college. Let's see what he can do first in this system.

Agree. I don't think it's a matter of 'Can' he do it, but more of a matter of 'Will' he do it.

azbroncfan
03-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I wonder if Jay's getting wasted before the games is a couple beers. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't make headlines if he was stumbling drunk on several occasions before games. Some reporter would rat him out for their own ego. I'll bet it's getting a little out of wack with the real story.

razorwire77
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
As much as I like Cutler, there are too many warning flags to merit an extension:

1. His health. I actually think that his diabetes causes more problems for him during games than is acknowledged. And diabetes-related health issues only deepen over time.

2. His immaturity. He's not a rookie any longer. And yet he pouts and sulks and whines like one. (And apparently parties like one.) He needs to show that he's a leader on the field and off.

3. His decision making in games. Again, he's not a rookie. Yet he makes too many rookie mistakes, particularly in the Red Zone.

4. His ego. It's entirely too big, given what he's accomplished in the league thus far. A little humility would serve him well.

This is shaping up to be a make-or-break year for Jay. If he grows up and plays well and manages his health and wins, then he'll put himself in a position for a nice contract extension. If not, he'll be gone next season. And deservedly so.
All excellent points.I also think the diabetes concerns are being glossed over by many people. Let's see how Jay performs in this system. He's going to have to get much better at going through his progressions and throwing to the checkdowns when necessary. If shows improvement in these areas, and more maturity, then sign him to an extension next year.

Los Broncos
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
If he does good in the system and matures and stops whining, yes.

But at this point I would say no, he has a lot to prove this next season.

Taco John
03-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Extending Cutler right now would be a dicey political decision on Pat's part, as it would essentially put McDaniels on notice.

OrangeShadow
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
The kid went to Vanderbilt im pretty sure he won't have any trouble picking up the offense.

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Extending Cutler right now would be a dicey political decision on Pat's part, as it would essentially put McDaniels on notice.

And you don't extend a QB who hasn't even reached a winning record and who has a ton of maturing to do. If he comes out plays football wins games and doesn't pout I think next offseason he more than warrants an extension. But definitely not this year.

rastaman
03-08-2009, 05:32 AM
And you don't extend a QB who hasn't even reached a winning record and who has a ton of maturing to do. If he comes out plays football wins games and doesn't pout I think next offseason he more than warrants an extension. But definitely not this year.

You are assuming Cutler will want to sign an extension! If Cutler is smart, he'll learn McDaniels system, play as best he can while in Denver over the next 3 years and test the waters in FA.

After the espisode that has happened over the last two weeks with Cutler, Bowlen and McDaniels, it should be an eye opener to Cutler that the NFL is a Business, you don't hold grudges, there is no loyalty and you put YOURSELF FIRST in every phase of your NFL career....plain and simple.

Cutler needs to man up and show maturity and put his career first! ahead of the FO, ahead of McDaniels, ahead of Bowlen.

In fact, Cutler may want to whisper in McDaniels ear to strongly consider drafting a QB to replace him ASAP b/c he doesnt know whether he will resign with Denver or whether Denver wants him to retire as a Bronco.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
It's fact as far as I'm concerned. I've heard multiple stories from extremely credible people who have no reason to lie.

Just for the record I know that Brady drinks during the season, he used to hang out in clubs/bars in Boston and folks I know have gotten pics with him during that time, with glass in his hand.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Just for the record I know that Brady drinks during the season, he used to hang out in clubs/bars in Boston and folks I know have gotten pics with him during that time, with glass in his hand.

Would Brady stumble out of bars so drunk he could barely stand up the night before a game? Just curious because I know Jay Cutler has.

Cito Pelon
03-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I say no. Jay can as easily flame out in the next 3 years as excel.

Mogulseeker
03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't vote because the poll is misleading. The Broncos should extend Jay, but not this year. He still has three years left on his contract, and its been a rocky off season, give him a chance to prove himself, and extend him either next year or the year after.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Would Brady stumble out of bars so drunk he could barely stand up the night before a game? Just curious because I know Jay Cutler has.

Let just say, that I have seen/heard a number of athletes that have done that. Sonny Jorgenson used to show up a games still drinking in his hey day.

Also I just watch the NFL channel a couple of days - live clips of the audio -where Cutlers was wired during the Raiders game at home. He was alert, cheerful and didn't look or sound hung over.

maher_tyler
03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I wonder if Jay's getting wasted before the games is a couple beers. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't make headlines if he was stumbling drunk on several occasions before games. Some reporter would rat him out for their own ego. I'll bet it's getting a little out of wack with the real story.

Thats what i was thinking...i had never heard of him getting hammered before games...don't you think Kiper would dog on him for hours a day if this were true??

frerottenextelway
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Don't know if Jay or Brady has done that, but there are some legendary stories about Elway. He'd would allegedly get plastered and drive himself back, followed by the cops to make sure he got back safely. And of course, he didn't have a curfew as didn't whatever players he was out with.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Don't know if Jay or Brady has done that, but there are some legendary stories about Elway. He'd would allegedly get plastered and drive himself back, followed by the cops to make sure he got back safely. And of course, he didn't have a curfew as didn't whatever players he was out with.

If a I remember correctly the Friday before Super Bowl XXXII, Elway, Lewis and Bister all went out on the town hitting clubs. There was news story about it. How Elway just sat in the limo drinking because of the crowds, while Lewis and Bister went in.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
The kid went to Vanderbilt im pretty sure he won't have any trouble picking up the offense.

I keep on hearing how hard McKid's system is, but not like Cutler didn't just have Shanahan teaching him a system that was consider the most complex in NFL that had "new" playbook week to week. Rarely did I hear anyone talk about how difficult the NE system is to learn, while you heard that about Shanahan offense all the time. Shanahan's passing offense didn't have as much on field adjustments because the system was always designed to give the QB an option/outlet if defense took away the primary receiver on every play.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM

You are very correct. Elway once threw up on his pilots shoes he was so drunk. But he didn't have the Beetus. Thats really my only concern and I don't think you should drink the night before playing a NFL level football game but thats my own personal belief.

lazarus4444
03-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I voted no to extending cutler until he can prove he is coachable in Coach McDaniels system.

lazarus4444
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM

I didn't even know about this...

How good are your sources?

SoCalBronco
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Good. He needs to be put on notice.

Spider
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
hmmmm .......right now ? .......... I would lean to no ....... but then if It was me Shanny would still be here..........

Rock Chalk
03-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Good. He needs to be put on notice.

SoCal, you know what you have turned into?

wolf.

Congratulations.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 03:15 PM
You are very correct. Elway once threw up on his pilots shoes he was so drunk. But he didn't have the Beetus. Thats really my only concern and I don't think you should drink the night before playing a NFL level football game but thats my own personal belief.

There is no need to be concern, as long as his checking his blood glucose levels and they are fine it not an issue.

http://www.diabetes.org/nutrition-and-recipes/nutrition/alcohol.jsp

From the America Diabetes website

- Drink only when and if blood glucose is under control. Do not omit food from your regular meal plan.
- Test blood glucose to help you decide if you should drink.
- Wear an I.D. that notes you have diabetes.
- Sip a drink slowly to make it last.
- Have a no calorie beverage by your side to quench your thirst.
- Try wine spritzers to decrease the amount of wine in the drink.
- Use calorie-free drink mixers -- diet soda, club soda, diet tonic water, or water.
- Drink alcohol with a snack or meal. Some good snack ideas are pretzels, popcorn, crackers, fat-free or baked chips, raw vegetables and a low-fat yogurt dip.
- Find a registered dietitian to help you fit alcohol into your food plan.
- Do not drive or plan to drive for several hours after you drink alcohol

BABronco
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM
There is no need to be concern, as long as his checking his blood glucose levels and they are fine it not an issue.

- Drink only when and if blood glucose is under control. Do not omit food from your regular meal plan.
- Use calorie-free drink mixers -- diet soda, club soda, diet tonic water, or water.
- Drink alcohol with a snack or meal. Some good snack ideas are pretzels, popcorn, crackers, fat-free or baked chips, raw vegetables and a low-fat yogurt dip.

How dare you ruin apas he is a moster for drinking and having diabetes spiel? Just who in the hell do you think you are to find logic?

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM
How dare you ruin apas he is a moster for drinking and having diabetes spiel? Just who in the hell do you think you are to find logic?

ROFL!

Because thats what I have been doing. How about directly addressing me or just shut the **** up. Seeing this over the top outburst I bet you choose the latter

BABronco
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM
ROFL!

Because thats what I have been doing. How about directly addressing me or just shut the **** up. Seeing this over the top outburst I bet you just shut the **** up.

Ok ... I think your blowing this way out of proportion and whining and bitching for little reason. Happy good. Now do the mane a favor and "shut the ****" up as you put it.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM

Thanks for sharing that Elsid.

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok ... I think your blowing this way out of proportion and whining and b****ing for little reason. Happy good. Now do the mane a favor and "shut the ****" up as you put it.

Use the ignore feature. Until then do not address me until I address you. :strong:

BABronco
03-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Use the ignore feature. Until then do not address me.

You told me to address you, so i did. Now you tell me not. How bout you make up your ****in mind.

elsid13
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
The only other thing I'm going to post. What if Cutler wasn't drunk like some suggested just that his blood sugar was low. from the same website ~

The symptoms of too much alcohol and hypoglycemia can be similar -- sleepiness, dizziness, and disorientation. You do not want anyone to confuse hypoglycemia for drunkenness, because they might not give you the proper assistance and treatment. The best way to get the help you need if you are hypoglycemic is to always wear an I.D. that states "I have diabetes."

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
You told me to address you, so i did. Now you tell me not. How bout you make up your ****in mind.

Exactly, when I speak to you then you have permission to address me :wiggle: . You chose to be a b**** and go with the passive aggressive attack. So I am putting on my over the top tough guy act used by many here. If you have an issue why not address me?

BABronco
03-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Exactly, when I speak to you then you have permission to address me. You chose to be a b**** and go with the passive aggressive attack. So I am putting on my over the top tough guy act used by many here. If you have an issue why not address me?

I did ... and then you bitched about that. So how bout you just quit bitching? or is that asking too much

Spider
03-08-2009, 04:09 PM
The only other thing I'm going to post. What if Cutler wasn't drunk like some suggested just that his blood sugar was low. from the same website ~

The symptoms of too much alcohol and hypoglycemia can be similar -- sleepiness, dizziness, and disorientation. You do not want anyone to confuse hypoglycemia for drunkenness, because they might not give you the proper assistance and treatment. The best way to get the help you need if you are hypoglycemic is to always wear an I.D. that states "I have diabetes."

or to high can have the same effect ........

Spider
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I just quit drinking all together .. Now I find people on line to pick on .. ;D

theAPAOps5
03-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I did ... and then you b****ed about that. So how bout you just quit b****ing? or is that asking too much

I am not b****ing I am just acting completely over dramatic like you insinuated, rather inaccurately, I was doing. If I am going to be be accused of being over dramatic than I might as well act like it!

elsid13
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I just quit drinking all together .. Now I find people on line to pick on .. ;D

Way Hotrod tells it, it the other way around. Folks find you on the Internet to pick on.

Spider
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Way Hotrod tells it, it the other way around. Folks find you on the Internet to pick on.
used to be that way , the Dave has embolden me ............

TheDave
03-08-2009, 04:49 PM
used to be that way , the Dave has embolden me ............

As always... I'm here for you ;D

Spider
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM

;D many thanks

elsid13
03-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Isn't that special. Did you two get matching snugglies???

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:32 PM

No . he wont show me his rack .........

TheDave
03-08-2009, 06:13 PM

It's a SNUGGIE you dimwit... and no his is red and mine is blue ;D

elsid13
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
It's a SNUGGIE you dimwit... and no his is red and mine is blue ;D

The cult of the snuggie is strong in you. Do you also pray to sham-mo?

TheDave
03-08-2009, 06:31 PM
The cult of the snuggie is strong in you. Do you also pray to sham-mo?

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Burger BILL bows before my posts:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2312885#post2312885

The FO didn't take my suggestion FROM MARCH 2nd and now they have some controversy. END THREAD. I am Burger Bill's LEADER.

colonelbeef
03-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Seriously, some people are way overestimating this 'system'

Cutler is great at throwing the ball and avoiding pressure, therefore he can be successful in any offense he is placed in

ZONA
03-09-2009, 12:36 AM
You have to do it now. Jay hasn't won anything because the Broncos have had the worst defense in the league for years. The worst special teams to go with it. You don't win in this league with just offense only. Some people will say you can, for example the Colts, but even their defense was good when it had to be and their special teams was decent also. Not to mention last year was truly Jay's 2nd full year. You don't become John Elway in year 2. He has alot to learn but he's proven he can make throws alot of QB's in the league can't make. Even last year, I saw great strides in his touch passes.

Let's face it. There's alot of pressure on your QB when he knows he probably has to go in and score 38 points to even have a chance at winning the game. If we even had an average defense last year, this team makes the playoffs and we're not even talking about this.

He will grow as a passer, a leader, and as a man.

broncofan7
03-09-2009, 07:03 AM
You have to do it now. Jay hasn't won anything because the Broncos have had the worst defense in the league for years. The worst special teams to go with it. You don't win in this league with just offense only. Some people will say you can, for example the Colts, but even their defense was good when it had to be and their special teams was decent also. Not to mention last year was truly Jay's 2nd full year. You don't become John Elway in year 2. He has alot to learn but he's proven he can make throws alot of QB's in the league can't make. Even last year, I saw great strides in his touch passes.

Let's face it. There's alot of pressure on your QB when he knows he probably has to go in and score 38 points to even have a chance at winning the game. If we even had an average defense last year, this team makes the playoffs and we're not even talking about this.

He will grow as a passer, a leader, and as a man.

REP.

Tom A Hawk
03-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I voted no...I think Donks and Chiefs should swap.
Cassel for Cutler:approve:

LonghornBronco
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I have changed my mind on this. I think reworking his contract is a way for everyone to get on the same page. Jay's biggest concern is for the organization to committ to him, this translates to a no trade clause. So for giving up flexibility the bronco's get in return a cap friendly extension, locking up a young talented QB for the next 10 years. This problem can be solved the two sides just need to keep communicating, and get this done so Jay can join the team in off-season work.

Popps
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Did I miss the "**** NO" option? Don't see it.

Yea, let's extend this emo, bowl-haircut kid as he waves his middle finger at the fans and his teammates.

LonghornBronco
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
All the drama is just posturing by Cook to get Cutler some security.

Let's give it too him, for a price...

NFLBRONCO
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Of course the way Cutler is acting maybe a longterm deal offer now might not work either.

fontaine
03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Did I miss the "**** NO" option? Don't see it.

Yea, let's extend this emo, bowl-haircut kid as he waves his middle finger at the fans and his teammates.

You're confused and got the wrong guy. We didn't extend Plummer, remember?

http://www.sportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/plummer-flipoff.jpg

NYBronco
03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
No, to extending Cutler's contract.

rastaman
03-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Stop with this 32 year kid crap. Where was Bill Gates at 32. Next

McD is 32 years old and unproven as a HC in the NFL, and has already shown some traits as an trustful plastic man. McDaniel's wasn't hired to run an IT department! and likewise Gates never interviewed to take a job as an NFL head coach. So you are comparing Apples-to-Oranges.

Archer81
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Going to extend a quarterback entering the 4th year on a 6 year deal who has yet to get us to the playoffs...He has to prove he is worth the $. Currently, his actions, regardless of his perception of what management "did" to him push me to say no, he doesnt deserve it. You dont reward a tantrum. You ignore it.

:Broncos:

rastaman
03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Going to extend a quarterback entering the 4th year on a 6 year deal who has yet to get us to the playoffs...He has to prove he is worth the $. Currently, his actions, regardless of his perception of what management "did" to him push me to say no, he doesnt deserve it. You dont reward a tantrum. You ignore it.

Name the last NFL QB over the last 5 years that has made the playoffs or the SB, with the same Defense and special teams Cutler has had to play with??

Ambiguous
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Make the playoffs this year and get a big extension.

Donk
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Look Dumb Ass!
Jay's contract will be extended...

I would like the Broncos to be who extends it!

watermock
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Cutler has yet to even mention a new or extended contract, not once.

He's got 3 years left and some big roster bonus's coming soon.

As much as people want to think it's about money, it's not.

Archer81
03-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Name the last NFL QB over the last 5 years that has made the playoffs or the SB, with the same Defense and special teams Cutler has had to play with??

Denver Broncos (83-85)
1983: Defense ranked 21st (overall) 20.1 ppg
1984: Defense ranked 25th 19.4 ppg
1985: D ranked 13th 18.1 ppg
83-85 Average: 19th 19.2

Denver Broncos Record (83 -85)
1983: 9-7
1984: 13-3
1985: 11-5

Denver Broncos (06-08)
2006: D ranked 14th (overall) 19.1 pts per game
2007: D ranked 19th 19.1 ppg
2008: D ranked 29th 20.4 ppg
06-08 Average: 20th 19.5

Broncos Record (06-08)
2006: 9-7
2007: 7-9
2008: 8-8

Considering Jay has only played in 37 games, I took Elway's first 3 seasons as a pro and Jay's.

OMG its virtually the same...Except Elway had a playoff showing..So what is the definition of a franchise QB? Remind me.