PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy tickets to lesner-mir 2!

Ramathorn
03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I attended the arnold sports festivel, formerly the arnold classic, in columbus ohio today. Frank Mir was at the vitamin world booth signing autographs and posing for pictures. I asked him about his upcoming championship bout with Lesner on May 23rd for UFC 98. He told me he just found out less than hour ago, this was around 3:00 est, that becuase of the results of the knee scope he just had, the match will be postponed till june or july. He also told me that when he gets Lesner down again, he is going to shatter his femur this time.

SportinOne
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't have bought tickets to anything Lesnar was associated with anyway.. not trying to shoot the messenger, but the guy's an idiot as well as an egomaniac and even the prospect of him getting his leg ripped off isn't worth my time and money..

TheDave
03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
So who won the arnold classic?

HEAV
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Frank Mir is set to face off against Brock Lesnar in a Heavyweight Title unification bout at UFC 98 this May. According to multiple reports today, however, that fight could be in jeopardy. In separate reports this afternoon, FiveOuncesOfPain.com and MMAWeekly.com reported that word was coming from Mir's camp that an injury was forcing him out of the bout.

Originally reported to be a possible back injury, MMAWeekly.com stated that it was an issue with the knee, and in fact Mir has recently undergone surgery on the knee which will keep him out of action for 4-6 weeks. With the fight seemingly off due to the injury, Kevin Iole at Yahoo! Sports spoke with Dana White at today's weigh-ins for Saturday's UFC 96 event, and Dana had something entirely different to say on the injury. "I don’t know anything about it, so I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about it...I’m not too worried about it now. If that were the situation, I’d know about it. I honestly don’t know right now."

With that said, it's too early to tell whether or not the bout will go on as planned, if it will be postponed or if another opponent will be found for Lesnar.
----------

Damn I was looking forward to Mir getting in ox and taken down Brock... But it's best to wait for both to be 100%

OBF1
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
He also told me that when he gets Lesner down again

Great fight plan if Meir the queer calls getting Lesner down on the ground by getting bitch slapped and almost KO'd. Lesner knocked him silly and did not finish the fight and Meir caught his ankle

The first fight Mier got lucky becuase of Lesners agression and lack of fight experience. This will not be the case next time. Lesner has a number of fights under him now including the fight against Randy Coutier. Meir will get pulverized the next time the meet.

rugbythug
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't have bought tickets to anything Lesnar was associated with anyway.. not trying to shoot the messenger, but the guy's an idiot as well as an egomaniac and even the prospect of him getting his leg ripped off isn't worth my time and money..

Please explain how any MMA Fighter/Boxer/Wrestler can do what they do with out being an egomaniac and and idiot. You have to know you are unbeatable every time you walk into the fight, no matter what combat sport you choose.

GoBroncos84
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
I understand the people that do not like Lesnar because of his attitude and various other reasons. However, I don't think Mir has a chance. Brock is the best heavyweight in the UFC. He is not the best all around, but the areas he is good he absolutely dominates. Mir was very lucky to come away with a win the first bout, and it was from Lesnar making a mistake. But he was dominating him, and I expect the same if a rematch takes place. Lesnar is getting better, and he is already brutally strong and an incredible wrestler. I don't see anyone right now that can beat him

Majik
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM
This is a golden opportunity for the UFC to reschedule this match up to take place at UFC 100, what better way to headline that milestone.

Lesnar will destroy Mir though, count on it.

Ramathorn
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I believe lesner will destroy mir also. I am a lesner fan. Mir said he was pissed at lesner for what he did to randy cotour(spelling) at their last fight. He also said lesner couldnt outbox him or out wrestle him in the ring. He also told me that if I watched the first fight between them, mir was looking for the ref when he had lesner in the foot/ankle lock, so he would stop the fight. Mir said he could have broken his leg then, but held off. When he told me that he was going to shatter lesners femur, i asked him if he told lesner that and he said "yeah, he knows" I also met forrest griffen, he was pretty fn awesome.

Ramathorn
03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
So who won the arnold classic?

Dont know. I went for the celebrities and the free stuff.

Popcorn Sutton
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I believe lesner will destroy mir also. I am a lesner fan. Mir said he was pissed at lesner for what he did to randy cotour(spelling) at their last fight. He also said lesner couldnt outbox him or out wrestle him in the ring. He also told me that if I watched the first fight between them, mir was looking for the ref when he had lesner in the foot/ankle lock, so he would stop the fight. Mir said he could have broken his leg then, but held off. When he told me that he was going to shatter lesners femur, i asked him if he told lesner that and he said "yeah, he knows" I also met forrest griffen, he was pretty fn awesome.

After watching Mir's last fight I would say not so fast...

Majik
03-07-2009, 03:32 PM
After watching Mir's last fight I would say not so fast...

After watching Lesnar's last fight (only his 4th MMA fight) add on progression and experience and I say Mir is gonna have more than his hands full.

edit: If I was Mir, I too would be getting my knees scoped and anything else to prolong this inevitable beat down.

SleepingTiger
03-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I understand the people that do not like Lesnar because of his attitude and various other reasons. However, I don't think Mir has a chance. Brock is the best heavyweight in the UFC. He is not the best all around, but the areas he is good he absolutely dominates. Mir was very lucky to come away with a win the first bout, and it was from Lesnar making a mistake. But he was dominating him, and I expect the same if a rematch takes place. Lesnar is getting better, and he is already brutally strong and an incredible wrestler. I don't see anyone right now that can beat him

Fedor, Barnett

Broncos_OTM
03-08-2009, 01:51 AM
It's a buisness where he is paid alot of money. i can see why he thinks so highly of himself. I'm a blue belt in jiu jitsu and i think my **** doesnt stink hahha. he is a good fighter he is not well rounded but once he gets there i think he has a good shot at taking fedor.

All in all though i do hope Frank does dismantle him

Broncos_OTM
03-08-2009, 01:53 AM

I met forest in Richmond VA. dude is a fricking good dude.

tsiguy96
03-08-2009, 05:06 AM
It's a buisness where he is paid alot of money. i can see why he thinks so highly of himself. I'm a blue belt in jiu jitsu and i think my **** doesnt stink hahha. he is a good fighter he is not well rounded but once he gets there i think he has a good shot at taking fedor.

All in all though i do hope Frank does dismantle him

if anyone has a shot at fedor in the future it is him. hes so damn massive, some people say size doesnt matter but when you are as huge as him, it really covers up for a lot of technical mistakes you make.