PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome "TO to Broncos best fit"

Deuce
03-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Jim Rome just said the only logical place for TO is Denver because Cutler is strong willed and will stand up to TO. Also called Marshal "Mini TO"

I dunno about this...

cousinal11
03-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I thought Jay was a baby?

Los Broncos
03-06-2009, 01:38 PM
God I hope we doesn't come here.

BroncoBuff
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
No no no no no no no no no ...............

cousinal11
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I really think he lands in Tennessee.

Anywhere, but here. I agree.

Killericon
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, because Marshall, Royal, Gaffney and Stokely aren't enough.

Broncojef
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Jim Rome just said the only logical place for TO is Denver because Cutler is strong willed and will stand up to TO. Also called Marshal "Mini TO"

I dunno about this...

Good grief Cutler and TO would be on opposite ends of the bench whining, while somewhat entertaining it would be a doomsday scenario for this team IMO.

Majik
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Good grief Cutler and TO would be on opposite ends of the bench whining, while somewhat entertaining it would be a doomsday scenario for this team IMO.

Quoted for the truth.

There would be a weekly contest of who could cry the biggest river.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-06-2009, 01:47 PM

or they'd find common ground in their bitching. TO usually doesnt become a cancer until his 2nd-3rd year anyway

When Lightning Strikes
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Jim Rome likes Cutler...Rome is a Charger fan at heart and has the catch phrase of "Show me your lightning bolt!" but he always talks highly of Cutler and had a great interview with him at the superbowl.

I agree that T.O. would be a good fit with the Broncos talent wise...but he is a cancer and he will split that locker room quicker than if ryan leaf made a comeback.

bronco militia
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
wtf

cutlers my guy, but he's handled the BM, rivers, and the trade issues poorly

The MVPlaya
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
The whole Cowboy situation came about because he thought Romo and Witten were running pays behind his back?

What else happened?

boltaneer
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Jim Rome likes Cutler...Rome is a Charger fan at heart and has the catch phrase of "Show me your lightning bolt!" but he always talks highly of Cutler and had a great interview with him at the superbowl.

I think you're confusing Rome with Lee Hamiton.

They're both loud-mouthed idiots so I can understand the mistake. :)

Paladin
Said once, say again:

Paldin does not like TO.

Next question....

Rohirrim
15" cactus dildo to Rome.

Best fit.

Broncojef
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
The one thing this team isn't missing is drama. We need some tough guys on Defense that will Man-Up and tell people to play football, getting TO doesn't solve any of our problems, it magnifies them.

tsiguy96
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
the only QB in the league who could handle him is peyton manning.

Triplelefthook
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Jim Rome is the prime example of a guy that has a show and popularity because he has an opinion. Not an educated opinion or a well-thought out opinion, but usually just an outlandish opinion. I think his show is sometimes pretty funny with the soundbites and sometimes he does some good interviews.... but I wouldn't give a moment's thought to any of his opinions.

T.O. & Denver are the best fit??? Are you f_in' kidding me?

there are so many things wrong with that statement its not worth really delving into it

OBF1
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I think you're confusing Rome with Lee Hamiton.
They're both loud-mouthed idiots so I can understand the mistake. :)

Romes "Show me your lightning bolts" arrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh comment is him mocking Hacksaw Hamilton. You should have heard the segment back in the early 90's of Roy Firestone with Rome doing his Hacksaw impression... Funniest thing ever on radio. Hilarious!

When Lightning Strikes
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Romes "Show me your lightning bolts" arrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh comment is him mocking Hacksaw Hamilton. You should have heard the segment back in the early 90's of Roy Firestone with Rome doing his Hacksaw impression... Funniest thing ever on radio. Hilarious!

i guess i dont go that far back with rome...i moved to SD in '97. That is when i would hear Rome on the radio.

loborugger
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
This opinion is why I quit listening to Rome over a decade ago.

Err, rack him not.

bronco_diesel
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
brilliant. cutler needs to mature, so surround him with possibly the most self centered immature player in the league.

Taco John
03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
It's a situation like this where the GM needs to have the say: evaluate the player, evaluate the coach, and then ask the tough questions about the fit.

broncofan2438
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
TO will never be in Orange and Blue

crowebomber
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Let's throw a whole bunch of money at a position we really don't need help at so we can have an overpriced, crybaby, lost-a-step ex-probowler as our third wideout.

scttgrd
TO is a coach killer. I hope Josh leaves well enough alone.

I say bring him in, if coach is such a hard ass he can handle T.O. no problem. Or there is always the alternative.

Kaylore
03-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Stay away from this guy. He's not even good anymore.

Popps
03-06-2009, 02:50 PM
No one has mentioned Miami. They seem like a logical fit for him.

cutthemdown
03-06-2009, 02:50 PM

I agree that T.O. would be a good fit with the Broncos talent wise...but he is a cancer and he will split that locker room quicker than if ryan leaf made a comeback.

Show me your lightening bolt is not Jim Romes saying. That was Lee Hacksaw Hamiltons and Rome likes to use it to make fun of Lee. SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTENING BOLT!!!!!!

Bronx33
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Yet another reason to state jim rome is a idiot douchebag.

Sassy
03-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Like our Locker Room doesn't have enough problems with Cutler/McDaniels, etc.? Ugh...NO TO!

rugbythug
03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
If They did here is how they could make it work.

1 Year deal 5 mill no SB. No Guarantees.

"TO we don't need you. But we do want you. Come here and be our #2 Receiver."

Sassy
03-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Screw that...
#2? Are you serious?

crowebomber
03-06-2009, 03:30 PM

Seriously? Our #2 over whom? Are you assuming that Brandon does get suspended, and if so, for how long? Because with Brandon and Royal, TO will be a distant #3 and would probably have to battle Gaffney and Stokely for that spot.

He is not the same TO that he once was. This is his 13th year in the league and he'll be 36 this year. He probably has this season and maybe one more left in him as someone's #2 or #3.

oubronco
03-06-2009, 03:35 PM
he did lead the league in TD catches

Pony Boy
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
"TO" is a cry baby and a cancer, that eventually has to be cut out or he will in time kill a team. You can't ignore the fact that he has had 1000 yds for the last three seasons. The Bronco's could use a 1000 yd reciever if Marshall is gone for 4 to 8 weeks.
I'm still torn between no and hell no !!!

Br0nc0Buster
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Jim Rome huh
His ideas are
ri
di
cu
lus

Sassy
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
1. Eddie
2. Stokely
3. Gaffney

(while Marshall's out ;D )

eddie mac
03-06-2009, 03:57 PM
**** TO. I want Holt if he's ever released.

TDmvp
03-06-2009, 04:09 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/492/shootthedog.jpg

spdirty
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe TO could be such a detrimit and cancer that he might unite Cutler and McDaniels?

Still, I dont think McDaniels is even giving a thought to this, especially with the types of players he wants and is bringing in. Bet Shanny would take a ard look at him though.

lex
03-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Why not? This team makes you cringe already as it is. Why not throw TO into the mix?

yerner
03-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Jim Rome should upgrade to man size suits and shave that gay dick duster.

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I thought Jay was a baby?

Sure he may get overly upset but the kid won't take **** from anyone on his team. If Owens cried about not getting the ball he wouldn't care.

Also as for Owens having the most TD catches this year, it's because he tried to make himself the offense... he was thrown to 25% of the time too.

What's sad about Owens is Steve Young was talking about when he first game into the league all he would say to everyone is "yes sir" etc. He had decorum and was extremely hard working... somewhere along the way he turned into a egotistical moron.

gyldenlove
03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
the only QB in the league who could handle him is peyton manning.

The Patriots would be the best fit. Belichik's personality and overall disposition is so bad he would be considered a bad person in Germany, between him and Brady they could keep him under tabs.

maher_tyler
03-06-2009, 05:42 PM
No one has mentioned Miami. They seem like a logical fit for him.

Not with Parcells as GM...i heard on ESPN the 9ers would consider bringing him back

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3957410

U4EA
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
bring him in! He's always good for a year. It's not like we don't already have a crybaby on board. Brandon's probably done anyway. He's a domestic disturbance looking for a place to happen

80smith
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Why get T.O. when he is a problem while McDaniels is cleaning house?

Popps
03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Not with Parcells as GM...i heard on ESPN the 9ers would consider bringing him back

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3957410

Good point, though SF has said they don't want him.

A lot of teams are going to say they don't want him, now.
Wait until pre-season, though... injuries, slow offensive starts, etc.

We know the dude will be playing. Charles Manson would land on a team if he could put up 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs a season.

Circle Orange
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM

I dunno about this...

I really wish Rome would stop drinking before he does the show. http://scosoft.com/s/y/8a115dc.gif

Hogan11
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
If the Raiders won't pick him up, then I see him with his hardest of hardcore fans in Bristol CN behind a microphone on NFL Gameday. God help 'em.

Wes Mantooth
03-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I hate Jim Rome.

Natedog24
03-07-2009, 02:52 AM
I actually like Jim Rome, but how in hell is Denver a good fit for TO. Denver's already signed a couple of WR's this offseason and WR was easily one of our strongest positions last year. Even with the suspension that Marshall will probably face, unless TO can play LB this would be hugely retarded on Denver's part and a big waste of money, unless TO wants to play for free...

UberBroncoMan
03-07-2009, 03:51 AM
I actually like Jim Rome, but how in hell is Denver a good fit for TO. Denver's already signed a couple of WR's this offseason and WR was easily one of our strongest positions last year. Even with the suspension that Marshall will probably face, unless TO can play LB this would be hugely retarded on Denver's part and a big waste of money, unless TO wants to play for free...

We didn't get David Anderson though /gasp.

Only reason this is a possible signing is due to the potential Marshall suspension.

Still, I don't want this guy screwing up the minds of our players into money salivating me-me's.

Dedhed
03-07-2009, 04:02 AM
I thought Jay was a baby?When it comes to being coached, he is, but he wouldn't hesitate to tell TO to stfu.

FADERPROOF
03-07-2009, 04:57 AM

The thing is, no team is a good fit for T.O., and it has nothing to do with the current roster and everything to do with the character of Owens.

Blart
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Belicheck picked up Moss when nobody wanted him.

SoDak Bronco
03-07-2009, 07:11 AM
I see him going to New England...How about those options for Brady. #1 Moss, #2 TO, #3 Welker.

good god

tsiguy96
03-07-2009, 07:16 AM
id love to see the broncos sign him. this board will probably explode and will make for great drama, would be awesome.

strafen
03-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Marshall needs coaching on how successfully pull antics on the field. How to be the focus of the attention on the team
Yup, that'll be a good fit alright...

TonyR
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
id love to see the broncos sign him. this board will probably explode and will make for great drama, would be awesome.

I'm with you. If Brandon does get suspended I'd love to see him here on a short leash, one strike and you're out contract.

Cito Pelon
03-07-2009, 08:13 AM

Is Lee Hamilton still in SD? That guy is a caricature of a radio play-by-play guy.

A good Lee "Honeydew" Hamilton story was when Vencie Glenn intercepted a pass with just a little time left in the 4th quarter, was running it into the endzone and stopped before crossing the goal line to run some more time off the clock. Honeydew goes ballistic doing the play-by-play, blasts his team's own player, says it's the most no-class, bush-league thing he's ever seen.

Another catch-phrase was 'EVERYBODY'S into the pattern!". Instead of naming what recievers are on the field, the formation, he just yelled, "EVERYBODY'S into the pattern!. Like I said, a caricature of a NFL play-by-play radio guy.

Cito Pelon
03-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Let's throw a whole bunch of money at a position we really don't need help at so we can have an overpriced, crybaby, lost-a-step ex-probowler as our third wideout.

I agree, except he hasn't lost a step. He's still a top WR with great speed and moves. Someone, hopefully not the Broncs, will get a player with a few good years left in his legs and his personality.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-07-2009, 08:28 AM
You know, Owens has cleaned up his act a bit. He's really not that bad. He's a hard worker and busts his ass every day. I'm alright with him coming to Denver. He's a little looney, yes, but not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Sassy
03-07-2009, 08:38 AM
You know, Owens has cleaned up his act a bit. He's really not that bad. He's a hard worker and busts his ass every day. I'm alright with him coming to Denver. He's a little looney, yes, but not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

There's at least 3 teams in the league that think otherwise...not to mention all the teams that say they don't want him.

BroncoInferno
03-07-2009, 09:40 AM
1. Eddie
2. Stokely
3. Gaffney

(while Marshall's out ;D )

All three of those guys are essentially slot receivers. Will have to have someone else in the mix.

Elway777
03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I prefer the Broncos trade our 3 round pick for Torry Holt if the Broncos are worried about Marshall .

Archer81
03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
All three of those guys are essentially slot receivers. Will have to have someone else in the mix.

Royal had his best game when Marshall was out.

:Broncos:

BroncoInferno
03-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Royal had his best game when Marshall was out.

:Broncos:

He still works best out of the slot, but of the three, he'd certainly be the #1 guy. That said, all three are best utilized in the slot.

Punisher
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Marshall,T.O,Roayl=Super Bowl

broncos-rock
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
T.O is in Buffalo....I'd like to see them sign him.....its like Siberia!

Br0nc0Buster
03-07-2009, 01:54 PM

what do you mean?
last year he said Tony Romo and Jason Witten were secretly meeting and designing plays behind his back

The guy is insane

TonyR
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I prefer the Broncos trade our 3 round pick for Torry Holt if the Broncos are worried about Marshall .

You want to give up a 3rd round pick for a WR who will be 33 this coming season? He might get released on March 17, the day his roster bonus is due, if the Rams can't swing a trade.

Elway777
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
You want to give up a 3rd round pick for a WR who will be 33 this coming season? He might get released on March 17, the day his roster bonus is due, if the Rams can't swing a trade. Maybe a 3 round pick is to high . I didn't know he was due a roster bonus. The Broncos want till he is released then go after him with a One year deal worth about 3 or 4 million. The Broncos sign him in case Marshall is out for 8 games.

tsiguy96
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
it would be pretty silly for marshall to be out 8 games, especially if what his lawyer said was true that it was a misunderstanding and he shouldnt have been arrested in the first place.

Elway777
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I just read that Holt is only due a 1.25 million roster bonus with is not to bad. Maybe a 3 rounder is to high but I would think about a 4 or 5 rounder. Marshall, Holt and Royal would make the Broncos almost impossible to defend. Holt might have a couple of good years left. I guess is contract is about 4 or 5 million.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Terrible. The Broncos aren't close to competing for a championship. TO is the type of player you sign to put you over the top.

tsiguy96
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Terrible. The Broncos aren't close to competing for a championship. TO is the type of player you sign to put you over the top.

oh no, hes back :(

BroncoDoug
03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
oh no, hes back :(

yeah, i thought i smelled something...

Circle Orange
03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Jim Rome = Shrimp with obnoxious stutter ROFL!