PDA

View Full Version : BT: My Interview With Marques Douglas

Requiem
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Figured some of you might be interested. (http://broncotalk.net/) Had the pleasure to talk to him for about a half an hour on the phone Tuesday morning. This was my first interview like this, some of my notes and transcripts were sketchy, but this was the bulk of it. Hope you enjoy, and I'm hoping we can get him to come here.

Popps
03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Good stuff. Congrats on the article.

I think I’d be a natural fit, I had my best seasons of my career under Coach Nolan.

Guys sure seem to speak fondly of Nolan. That's a great sign.

McDaniels made a great move to bring in a coach like that, where he could essentially put the D in auto-drive and concentrate on larger team issues.

montrose
03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
I'd like to see Douglas, Weaver and Wright brought in as cheap, experienced, depth.

24champ
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
As you might be aware, the Broncos are making the transition from the 4-3 to the 3-4. How easy do you think this transition will be? What type of expectations should Broncos fans have in regards to this move?

There will be a transition, but what some of the players there lack in knowledge theyll make up through practice and working with others who have a familiarity with the system. Its a scheme that is very successful; just take a look at the teams who went far into the playoffs and made the Super Bowl; Pittsburgh and Arizona both utilized 3-4 man fronts. When you have people buy into the system, it certainly helps the transition. Im not saying it is going to be easy, because it will take time; but when implemented properly it is very effective.

Interesting point.Thanks for asking my question Req.

Hope we sign him, he would be good depth.

worm
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Guys sure seem to speak fondly of Nolan. That's a great sign.

Guys also spoke fondly of Slowik.

vancejohnson82
03-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Guys also spoke fondly of Slowik.

That's because he gave them Sundays off

montrose
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM

Hilarious!

SonOfLe-loLang
03-06-2009, 10:41 AM