PDA

View Full Version : For 100K could you stop watching the Broncos?

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 07:58 AM
So here is a really odd ball question. If you were given $100,000 in cash and the one and only stipulation to keep the cash was that you could no longer watch, browse the internet, or have anything to do with the Denver Broncos for the 20 years what would you do?

No loop-holes, if you accept the cash, you can't watch games, attend games, lurk or even contribute to the Omane, you are completely shut-off from the Broncos. What would you do?

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 08:01 AM
When would we get the $100k? Seeing as how it's going to be worth about $10k in a few years :P

I wouldn't do it though. $5k a year to not watch them? Nah. The Broncos are a good therapy for a stressful week during footballs season. Win or loss it's nice to just kick back and forget everything else.

Beantown Bronco
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
20 years total? If I could retroactively erase my memories of the Broncos for the last 10 years and include them, so I only had to miss out on the next 10, I'd almost consider it.

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Check out the poll...

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Asking for 100k then having the No option being that you wouldn't give em up for anything kind of counters the other option. I'd give up the Broncos for $50 million so I could go into film producing and have my life pretty much set forever.

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Well, with the economy as tough as it is, we can't afford to give you 50 million, just 100 K to walk away for 20 yrs..take it or leave it

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Well, with the economy as tough as it is, we can't afford to give you 50 million, just 100 K to walk away for 20 yrs..take it or leave it

lol nah... $5k a year is not worth losing the Broncos till I'm in my mid 40's...

bronco militia
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
I'd do it for a $1 million

HILife
03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
So here is a really odd ball question. If you were given $100,000 in cash and the one and only stipulation to keep the cash was that you could no longer watch, browse the internet, or have anything to do with the Denver Broncos for the 20 years what would you do?

No loop-holes, if you accept the cash, you can't watch games, attend games, lurk or even contribute to the Omane, you are completely shut-off from the Broncos. What would you do?

I need more money then that. I'm talking multi million or even a billion. Then I'll just buy a new team to support......Maybe the Raiders? hhhhmmmm

Edit: I would then scout the Broncos and tell them it's work related and I have to do it.

Mogulseeker
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
100k is tough. 1 mill? Probably.

I mean, heck, I've only caught like 5 games in the last four seasons.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM
100k for 20 years that is a dumb proposition. I would be surprised if you got more than 5 or 6 yes votes and those votes would be rival fans. Too bad you didn't make it a public poll so we could see who voted.

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 08:19 AM
100k for 20 years that is a dumb proposition. I would be surprised if you got more than 5 or 6 yes votes and those votes would be rival fans. Too bad you didn't make it a public poll so we could see who voted.

fun hater :D

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 08:21 AM
LOL I should say any Bronco fan who would do this is dumb!

Dukes
03-06-2009, 08:22 AM
The poll is private? Damn I would have voted different Hilarious!

ohiobronco2
03-06-2009, 08:23 AM
When would we get the $100k? Seeing as how it's going to be worth about $10k in a few years :P

I wouldn't do it though. $5k a year to not watch them? Nah. The Broncos are a good therapy for a stressful week during footballs season. Win or loss it's nice to just kick back and forget everything else.

This. I'd go insane without Bronco and Buckeye football to get me through.

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Is it too late to make it public..

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Is it too late to make it public..

You would have to start the thread over and make the poll public.

montrose
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Considering I'm likely to lose my job any day, and I waste too much time stressing over this team I love so much, if you gave me the $100k on spot I'd take it. It would set me up as financially secure and give me a reason to end the stress and agony of watching my beloved Broncos. I've tried to improve upon this over the past few years, but outside of Draft Day it's not even fun anymore. I know that means that I care, but I have to be honest with you that I envy the people I see walking around who don't give two sh*ts about sports. They're in complete control of their lives whereas, sadly, my happiness is dictated by a football team for which I have no control. So if could use the excuse of the $100k to no longer watch the team anymore, I would take it and get into music or movies or something.

Unfortunately, life doesn't work this way and I'll spend the next 75 years of my life tortured and stressed as I think about the Broncos 95% of the time.

DenverBrit
03-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Can I have all the $100ks that people turn down......and the seven weeks of life that numerous people are willing to sacrifice so they can zoom forward to the draft? :spit:

The economy needs more deals like these. ;D

BroncoInSkinland
03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, I would start following baseball or another sport. I understand that some are well off financially, but that is more than a years salary for me. Anyone who wouldn't give up following a team for 20 years in exchange for a years salary is a zealot and should probably think about stepping back from the ledge a bit.

vancejohnson82
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
i wouldnt be able to do it....what really got me is the internet browsing...that means you pretty much can't read about football at all...

from April to September all I look forward to is the football season....it helps me take my mind off of the cesspool of misfortune and idiocy that my everyday life has become....in teh Broncos there is at least hope, whereas my life has pretty much been deemed "average", stamped, sealed and delivered to the kharmic powers of the universe and godly forces that be

at least on Sunday, after a Saturday night of not getting layed and crying myself to sleep on my twin bed, I have the Broncos...

without the Broncos I would probably resort to sniffing painters glue and doing somersaults in my basement on Sundays

Rohirrim
03-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Sure. Radio still works. ;D

Pick Six
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I've spent the LAST 20 + years following the Broncos. Could I give it up for the next 20 years? That's a lot of money, but watching football is my stress reliever from September to February. That would ALMOST pay off my mortgage. I'd think I'd probably do it. It takes almost two of my four paychecks per month to make the mortgage payment. That's a lot of extra cash to do something else...

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Money isn't everything. I couldn't do it, I get to much enjoyment from tuning in on Sundays to watch my Broncos. Plus, the NFL draft is kind of like a holiday in my house.

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I'd do it in a heartbeat, I would start following baseball or another sport. I understand that some are well off financially, but that is more than a years salary for me. Anyone who wouldn't give up following a team for 20 years in exchange for a years salary is a zealot and should probably think about stepping back from the ledge a bit.

The way I see it though is I have ONE life... and I'm not going to refuse to watch my favorite sports team for what will probably be 25% of my entire life span, or 33% of what I have left.

Also while this is $100,000... it's also over 20 years which equates to $5,000 a year... not worth it to me. Just imagine doing this and not being allowed to know anything about the Super Bowl if the Broncos are in it... let alone if they win it. 20 years is a big chunk of your life, and the only real reason I could see to agree to this is if you're in a financial situation that's so bad you have no choice.

Mogulseeker
03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Would you give up the Broncos for one year for $5,000?

Could you do it 20 times over?

Pick Six
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Would you give up the Broncos for one year for $5,000?

Could you do it 20 times over?

It would have to be $100k upfront. I know it balances out to be $5k for 20 years, but I plan on paying off my mortgage with that kind of money, if "they" give it to me all at once...

ScottXray
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
No, NO, and NO WAY!
No mane, no newspaper accounts no ESPN...you have to turn your head when they are talked about. what am I supposed to do? Become a RAIDER fan?

for ONE year or maybe two...Maybe.

but not for a paltry 100 K for 20 years!

Mogulseeker
03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
What would you give up for the Broncos? Would you give up sex? Would you give up beer? Would you go vegetarian?

Kaylore
03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't like the poll options. My answer is "no" but that doesn't mean I wouldn't trade the Broncos for anything, so I didn't click the no option.

Bronx33
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Hard to turn down that kinda coin.

BlaK-Argentina
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
It's tough... right now, I wouldn't. No freaking way! But maybe once I have a family and all... well, probably still no, but I would think about it. (I hope Jay doesn't get pissed at me for saying this)

Rock Chalk
03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
For 100K? Yeah I'd do that.

Instantly my kids college funds are paid for and thats one less worry in my life.

I can watch college football for 20 years. When faced with the proposition of my children being able for sure to go to college and all I have to do is not watch the Broncos, that's a no brainer for me.

Add in the money I save from not buying Bronco's merchandise over the years and thats at least 150K.

38yrsfan
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Can I make installment payments?

Bronx33
03-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Instantly my kids college funds are paid for and thats one less worry in my life.

I can watch college football for 20 years. When faced with the proposition of my children being able for sure to go to college and all I have to do is not watch the Broncos, that's a no brainer for me.

Add in the money I save from not buying Bronco's merchandise over the years and thats at least 150K.

That's exactly what i was thinking.

ak1971
03-06-2009, 12:43 PM
+ I wouldnt have to read 'who I punched in the throat' stories

SoDak Bronco
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
quite a few more people willing to take the 100K then I thought

kdissette
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
coming from someone who is working 2 PT jobs and cant pay bills i dont think I would have much of a choice.

Beantown Bronco
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM

I think you're underestimating how much colleges are going to cost by the time your kids are old enough to go.

BroncosinDC
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Nope, and using my wonderful financial management strategy it would actually cost me at least $180,000 to turn down.

So I work Sunday nights in a bar, however during football season I can't work them because it never works out well for anyone involved. So by giving up that shift during football season (though sometimes its Monday), costs me about $250 per game. Over 16 weeks that's $4,000, or $80,000 over 20 years.

I've never done this math before and in hindsight basically paying $250 to watch a game on TV is a fairly stupid idea, even with free beer. However I am more than likely going to do it again this season. Now if you add in the cost of buying Jersey's, shirts, and Broncos shot glasses you can bumb it up even more each season. Then add into it the cost of games I go to, hotel's, $7 beers, tailgating supplies, etc...over 20 years I would probably spend at least an additional $20-$30 grand, (in todays prices).

So by accepting $100,000 I would essientally be accepting somewhere around $250,000. But I'm going to go ahead and say No. This is where Vegas math comes into play. Adding up the fun I have watching the Broncos, talking trash with other fans, standing on bar stools with friends screaming that Janikowski is a fat bastard, hugging random people and screaming with joy because they are also Broncos fans...I estimate the net worth of that fun over 20 years is about a million dollars. So using Vegas math logic, by not accepting the money in reality I stand to be up $750,000.

Also my dog is named Elway, and teaching him a new name seems like a pain in the ass, so I'm adding $10,000 to my vegas math answer, and not accepting the money.

Los Broncos
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
That isn't enough money to make me stop watching, no way.

OBF1
03-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Give me the cash and we will discuss it.

Taco John
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Before I had a kid, I'd have said "No way in hell."

Funny how priorities change.

jpmclane
03-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I think I would have to take it, with children in the future, that would give me a little more financial stability. Plus if my Old Lady found out I turned down $100K, there might be something else I would be without for 20 years.

Rock Chalk
03-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I think you're underestimating how much colleges are going to cost by the time your kids are old enough to go.

No I am not.

My oldest is 7, that gives me roughly 13 years to gain interest on the initial 100K.

2 years of JuCo because why pay for basics at a university when you can get your degree from the University and get the cheap basics from a JuCo. I can afford the JuCo without touching the that college fund.

13 years of interest even at a moderate rate will yield quite a bit of extra income. On top of what I would throwing into the college fund myself. Im figuring, 300K total by the time my oldest is ready to go to the University of Kansas, which is moderately priced and offers a great education and she can sleep in line to get me tickets to the basketball games :) since I will be paying for her to go to school.

Add in another 5 years before the next one is ready and another year after that. I figure that 100K + what I add into the savings fund + interest collected is more than enough for my children's college. But it all starts with the 100K

broncofan7
03-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE that 36 people voted YES!!!!???????

Sassy
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
No!

broncofan7
03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
You guys are some cheap skates. How about I paypal $100 to some of you to leave this site for 20 years?

Meck77
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
No

Sassy
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
HELL No

Fixed it for you! :pimp:

TheReverend
03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I vote "no", but I'm lucky to not need it for me or my daughter. I can definitely see good reason others would vote yes.

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 06:33 PM

Yeah... we're heading down the road of a Star Trek government. They're going to have it pretty cheap.

Northman
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, at least we know that if Denver goes on a 10 year losing spree how many people will jump ship. lol

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Well, at least we know that if Denver goes on a 10 year losing spree how many people will jump ship. lol

Or if Denver wins 7 Super Bowls in the next 20 years, how many houses are going to have holes in their walls.

Rock Chalk
03-06-2009, 07:33 PM

Ahh, only if those people received 100K.

Short of enough money to secure my children's college education, i see no reason to stop watching the Broncos, good or bad.

But people talking about No or Hell no, under any circumstances, are selfish and thinking merely for themselves.

I imagine those that voted yes, are like me, and could use that money for more than 16 days of entertainment a year. Football is not the meaning of life. Its a game. Compared to being able to afford an education for my children, its a stupid game and I could easily walk away.

Those of us that aren't loaded with cash and dont have substantial savings and are concerned about not only their own future but the future of their family, would take the 100K in a heartbeat. Those that are single and think only for themselves or are not hurting financially (which, likely is very few people on this board), could say no. They have the benefit of not having other more important worries in life. Good for them. The rest of us live in the real world.

TheDave
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Guess I'm not much of a fan, 'cause for 100K i could easily find a new hobby.

Sassy
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM
But people talking about No or Hell no, under any circumstances, are selfish and thinking merely for themselves.

Now that's rude. Seriously.
I can understand where you're coming from but I'm single, have no kids and can afford to not have to have 100,000 to meet expenses. How do you call that selfish?

Rock Chalk
03-06-2009, 10:10 PM

Now that's rude. Seriously.
I can understand where you're coming from but I'm single, have no kids and can afford to not have to have 100,000 to meet expenses. How do you call that selfish?

Should have put "or" instead of "and".

Single, no kids, old maid all equal to thinking merely for yourself which, is fine in your particular situation.

Sassy
03-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Should have put "or" instead of "and".

Single, no kids, old maid all equal to thinking merely for yourself which, is fine in your particular situation.

But it does depend on circumstance...if I needed it I may think differently...
Besides, it's hypothetical...and no one is going to do it anyway.

I don't appreciate the "old maid" comment either.

PaintballCLE
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
All You People Who Voted Yes Should Be Drug Out Into The Street And Shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Taco John
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM
All You People Who Voted Yes Should Be Drug Out Into The Street And Shot!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is less than 5% of people, who if they were sitting in front of a suitcase at the bank, full of hundred dollar bills to the tune of $100,000 dollars, would have the strength to say no. I'd like to believe that I'm one of them, but if that suitcase was right there in front of me, the question to me wouldn't be about the Broncos. It would be about which was the bigger sacrifice: the one that my family by me passing on the offer, or the one to my psyche by having to give up something that I love.

And hell, it might be a different story in a different economy. We just lost some good people, and everybody's salaries just got slashed.

Also, I'd want that $100,000 in gold. :)

SouthStndJunkie
03-07-2009, 02:42 AM
$100,000 tax free?

Very tempting.

I would probably pass that up right now....but I have my price.

$250,000 tax free and I would probably take the deal.

I love my Broncos....but $250,000 tax free would set my family up if saved/spent wisely. It would be nice to have that comfort zone financially.

Beautiful fall weekends would be spent outdoors hiking and fishing instead of spent watching football. That is my one problem with loving and watching as much football as I do....September and October are beautiful months outdoors and sometimes I wish I was not such a football junkie, as I am hooked to the tv with college and pro football.

footstepsfrom#27
03-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Sure why not? I take your 100K, bargain bin a new stock portfolio at some sweet free-fall prices, turn a nasty profit on the rebound side and then I pull a Bob and welch on the deal. I got your money now so whose gonne stop me from watching? ;D

BroncoInSkinland
03-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I think there is less than 5% of people, who if they were sitting in front of a suitcase at the bank, full of hundred dollar bills to the tune of $100,000 dollars, would have the strength to say no. I'd like to believe that I'm one of them, but if that suitcase was right there in front of me, the question to me wouldn't be about the Broncos. It would be about which was the bigger sacrifice: the one that my family by me passing on the offer, or the one to my psyche by having to give up something that I love.

And hell, it might be a different story in a different economy. We just lost some good people, and everybody's salaries just got slashed.

Also, I'd want that $100,000 in gold. :)

I'd say 5% is high. I wonder how many people answered yes so they could be viewed as good Broncos fans? I love being a good Broncos fan, but I can tell you right now I would also love being 100k better off financial and the opportunities that would allow me to provide my family with. As for the gold, I get where your coming from, but I think it's topped out. Theres not much farther the economy can fall, but theres a lot of room upwards. When the dollar gets stronger the price per ounce drops, I'd say while gold is never risky, right now there are many more profitable things available.

BlaK-Argentina
03-07-2009, 07:11 AM
I'd say 5% is high. I wonder how many people answered yes so they could be viewed as good Broncos fans? I love being a good Broncos fan, but I can tell you right now I would also love being 100k better off financial and the opportunities that would allow me to provide my family with.

Everyone would love to have the 100k, but like Alec said it's a matter of priorities. Right now I wouldn't give up my right to watch the Broncos, but I'm only 22. In the future... I'd have to think about it. I'd like to think that I would turn it down but having a family definitely changes things.

I don't think people voted yes to be viewed as good fans... it's hard to imagine life without the Broncos.

SoDak Bronco
03-07-2009, 07:49 AM
My view point on it is this. Although I could def. use the 100K, for myself personally, I would turn down the money. I honestly get way to much enjoyment out of watching the Broncos to put a monetary $ on it. I probably do have a price, but 100K isn't it, and having a young son, I would want to introduce him to the love of Bronco football. (my wife would say, take the money you idiot and introduce him to something else!) haha

But you can't take the money with you when you go :)

27atwater
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
The only way I'd even consider it would be if I were at least allowed to watch em during prime time/playoff/SB games. I think 100g is too low as it is, but what makes it worse would be the inability to watch certain MNF, playoff games or even the SB if Denver got in.

That being said...priorities are priorities. If my kids' college and quality of life wer guaranteed, I'd give up all sports forever.

baja
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Is this a serious question?

Yes of course.

baja
03-07-2009, 09:05 AM
If someone put $100,000 on a table and said this is yours all you have to agree to is never watch the Broncos again.

There is not one person here that would not pick up that money, not one.

baja
03-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Unless the poster know as Pat Bowlen is really Pat Bowlen.

Beantown Bronco
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
If someone put $100,000 on a table and said this is yours all you have to agree to is never watch the Broncos again.

There is not one person here that would not pick up that money, not one.

I disagree.

$100K either doesn't go very far for many folks here, particularly those who live in parts of New England or CA; or it's less than some of us make in a year, so it wouldn't be a HUGE deal to turn down. There is also the single, stable financially, no kids crowd that has already been touched upon.

$100K simply isn't "sell your soul" type money for most folks.

$1 million on the other hand......I'm certain more would cave.

Sassy
03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I disagree.

$100K either doesn't go very far for many folks here, particularly those who live in parts of New England or CA; or it's less than some of us make in a year, so it wouldn't be a HUGE deal to turn down. There is also the single, stable financially, no kids crowd that has already been touched upon.

:approve:
Like a few have said...that's $5,000 a year.
I could find other things to give up for that amount of money to put kids through college.

PaintballCLE
03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd say 5% is high. I wonder how many people answered yes so they could be viewed as good Broncos fans? I love being a good Broncos fan, but I can tell you right now I would also love being 100k better off financial and the opportunities that would allow me to provide my family with. As for the gold, I get where your coming from, but I think it's topped out. Theres not much farther the economy can fall, but theres a lot of room upwards. When the dollar gets stronger the price per ounce drops, I'd say while gold is never risky, right now there are many more profitable things available.

i am assuming you mean who voted NO they wouldn't give up the broncos right?

Cito Pelon
03-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Absolutely I'd give up the Broncs for 100k cash. I was ready to see them move when they upped the sales tax to pay for the new stadium. That's probably cost me 10k by now already and I haven't attended a single game at Invesco.

You internets Bronco fans can kiss my ass, you haven't paid a nickle for Invesco, piss off. I'm sorry to have to say this, but you internets Bronco fans are the only people that wanted Shanahan to stick around, and the only people that are in love with Jay Cutler. Most people in Broncoland were tired of Shanahan and are tired of Cutler also.

Meck77
03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok how many would sell their wife or girlfriend for 100k? One night.

If we are going to sell our beliefs and things we love in life why stop at the Broncos?

Anyone?

SoDak Bronco
03-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Noway, Money isn't everything Meck, believe it when I say i would turn it down..

Meck77
03-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Noway, Money isn't everything Meck, believe it when I say i would turn it down..

I hear ya. Some say it's a no brainer to sell their love of the Broncos. To each his own I suppose.

I'll sell my ex though. 10 bucks.

Archer81
03-07-2009, 12:54 PM
No. $100k to not watch the Broncos? F that in the b hole.

:Broncos:

spdirty
03-07-2009, 01:30 PM
no thanks. Pay my mortgage off then give me 100K? then talk to me.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah...It also has to be tax free.

theAPAOps5
03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
100,000/20 = 5000 a year thats weak. No way do I do it. No thanks the Broncos are my hobby I can find other ways to fund my kids college and what not. That extra 5,000 per year isn't worth it.

Sassy
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM

If we are going to sell our beliefs and things we love in life why stop at the Broncos?

Anyone?

There's already been a movie about that! LOL!

PS...the thread title says could I? Yeah, I could but would I no!
For 5 grand a year...I'd give up DTV/Sunday ticket, eating out, lattes, etc. I could come up with the five grand easy...but I wouldn't give up one thing that I look forward to all week...and miss during the Spring/Summer.

spdirty
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Anyone?

Dude that is sooooooo much easier to sell out than the Broncos. Hell yes I would.

TheDave
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
For the folks that are having trouble with finance...

This isn't an annuity, this is a one time upfront payment of 100,000

Invested conservatively to average 5% ROR over 20 years your $100,000 would be about $265,000 at the end of your exile.

Find a way to squeeze 7.5% out of it and your 100K turns out to be more than 400K

Like i said... I'll find a new hobby.

The MVPlaya
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Didn't read the post... didn't know this was over a 20 year period.

A whopping 5 grand a year to not watch the Broncos?

I'm not sure why any fan would take this deal.

FireFly
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM

Its almost 2 years salary for me. Before tax! and I'm 27.

I'd take the money. And watch the soccer :peace:

FireFly
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
That being said I would NOT give up all sport watching for $100k. NO chance.

The MVPlaya
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
For the folks that are having trouble with finance...

This isn't an annuity, this is a one time upfront payment of 100,000

Invested conservatively to average 5% ROR over 20 years your $100,000 would be about $265,000 at the end of your exile.

Find a way to squeeze 7.5% out of it and your 100K turns out to be more than 400K

Like i said... I'll find a new hobby.

I'm a Broncos fan at heart and soul, and many of us are...

It depends on how important the Broncos are to you, and how you see 100k.

Invest 100,000 conservatively at 5%, assuming there are no steep recessions like now...

broncofan7
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I disagree.

EXACTLY. And even then I would feel sick every football season that I could not watch my orange & Blue. I can honestly say that I would walk away from that suitcase of 100K with no regrets.

broncofan7
03-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm a Broncos fan at heart and soul, and many of us are...

It depends on how important the Broncos are to you, and how you see 100k.

Invest 100,000 conservatively at 5%, assuming there are no steep recessions like now...

I cannot believe the EASE at which people would give up the Broncos.

Taco John
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I cannot believe the EASE at which people would give up the Broncos.

I don't think it would be easy either way. But I have a hard time believing that even half of the people who are scoffing could sit 3 feet away from an open briefcase full of hundred dollar bills just their for the taking, and walk away. It's easy to have bravado on the Internet. But if that money was right there, right in front of you - I doubt there'd be even half as many who could tough that decision out.

baja
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't think it would be easy either way. But I have a hard time believing that even half of the people who are scoffing could sit 3 feet away from an open briefcase full of hundred dollar bills just their for the taking, and walk away. It's easy to have bravado on the Internet. But if that money was right there, right in front of you - I doubt there'd be even half as many who could tough that decision out.

I would be surprised if there were one and if there were one person he/she would be either independently wealthy or stupid.

Rock Chalk
03-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Meck, last I checked my wife loves me back and the broncos do not.

I can walk away from something i love that doesnt love me back real easily.

Walking away from the woman who loves me is entirely different and a poor analogy.

Unfortunately, we didnt all inherit daddy's money and get to sit on our asses and thumb our nose down at the plebians.

baja
03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Meck, last I checked my wife loves me back and the broncos do not.

I can walk away from something i love that doesnt love me back real easily.

Walking away from the woman who loves me is entirely different and a poor analogy.

<b>Unfortunately, we didnt all inherit daddy's money and get to sit on our asses and thumb our nose down at the plebians.

Ha ha ha ha bwhahaha

I'm gonna go evict someone in his honor.....

The MVPlaya
03-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately, we didnt all inherit daddy's money and get to sit on our asses and thumb our nose down at the plebians.

Why does everyone have to inherit daddy's money in order to have money? That's not a real smart way of thinking.

cutthemdown
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I would probably do it and then just follow the NFL in general with no favorite team. Then when LA gets an expansion team become a fan and use some of the 100 grand for season tickets.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 04:54 PM
There are 56 SELLOUTS on this board--and you know who you are.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Why does everyone have to inherit daddy's money in order to have money? That's not a real smart way of thinking.

Exactly--while some of us at 18-19 were in college or joined military with a plan of where we wanted to be when we turned 30, others were out getting drunk and/or high, making babies and in general 'farting around'.
-Then they wonder why they don't have the 4000 sq foot home or can't afford the M3.
-Then they are willing to SELL OUT their favorite football team for a MEASLY $100K--and it truly is MEASLY when compared with the loss that would occur for ANY TRUE FAN if they had to give up the Broncos for 20 years.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I would probably do it and then just follow the NFL in general with no favorite team. Then when LA gets an expansion team become a fan and use some of the 100 grand for season tickets.

Why not go follow "the NFL in general now"? You are NOT a true Bronco's fan.

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
I voted no .........But I have been a fan since 1972 , I am used to pain ;D

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
In the end, it's just a game. Entertainment. Real life, however, requires bills to be paid...

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I voted no .........But I have been a fan since 1972 , I am used to pain ;D

How about HELL NO. Fan since the age of 9

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
In the end, it's just a game. Entertainment. Real life, however, requires bills to be paid...

Get a better job..don't sell out your favorite team.

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Get a better job..don't sell out your favorite team.

I KNOW I need to do that...:rofl:

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
How about HELL NO. Fan since the age of 9

S@ the ripe old age of 10 you are a die hard ;D

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I KNOW I need to do that...:rofl:

got an opening for a driver .......... be gone 3 to 6 weeks get home time 1 day per week out ......... Hauling coal in the north east ........Pay sucks , dirty job , no body really wants it , but it is youres if you want it

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
So BY the ripe old age of 10 you are a die hard ;D

fixed it--and I'd never sell them out. You don't use the Lord's name in vain, you don't ever hit a woman and you DON'T sell out your favorite football team!!!

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 05:11 PM
got an opening for a driver .......... be gone 3 to 6 weeks get home time 1 day per week out ......... Hauling coal in the north east ........Pay sucks , dirty job , no body really wants it , but it is youres if you want it

And all the throat punching I wish to do...8')

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:14 PM
And all the throat punching I wish to do...8')
LOL well except for Tommy , leave that guy alone ......me and him already locked horns once , he is a tough customer

SouthStndJunkie
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
broncofan7 needs to take a Xanax or three.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Why don't you go post where the rest of the fair weather football fans do...

http://forums.chargers.com/index.php

You are disgusting and take the 55 others with you.

Spider
03-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Just a shot in the dark here , but my spirit guide is telling me you are pretty touchy about this subject ...........

TheDave
03-08-2009, 05:24 PM

He's just trying to run around and show everyone how big his "fan dick" is... I got a beagle who acts like that sometimes.

Irritating but harmless...

rbackfactory80
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
No problem, give me the money, and I have no kids.

SouthStndJunkie
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
broncofan7....your lame 'I am a better fan than you' shtick is pretty dorky.

You beating your chest on an Internet board proclaiming your everlasting devotion makes you look like a giant twat.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 05:31 PM
broncofan7....your lame 'I am a better fan than you' shtick is pretty dorky.

You beating your chest on an Internet board proclaiming your everlasting devotion makes you look like a giant twat.

As opposed to the person who writes that they would walk away from, for TWENTY YEARS, THE MAIN SUBJECT of this message board? I see your point. ROFL! You are posting on a DENVER BRONCOS FAN BOARD and 56 of you are as SPARE as they come.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
57 scabs and counting.......

baja
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM

It's Sunday

It's slow

Let's play a game and guess broncofan7's age.

I guess 15

BTW broncofan7 I will give odds that you see a 100 grand on a table in front of you and you take the money. I am right aren't I big talker.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
It's Sunday

It's slow

I guess 15

Let's guess the amount of anal probes that can be found in Baja's nightstand. I guess fifteen...hundred.

baja
03-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Let's guess the amount of anal probes that can be found in Baja's nightstand. I guess fifteen...hundred.

So how close did I come?

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:33 PM
So how close did I come?

Well, when I was 15, I still would never have sold out my Broncos for 100K, so.......

baja
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, when I was 15, I still would never have sold out my Broncos for 100K, so.......

So I'm very close aren't I.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:39 PM
So I'm very close aren't I.

only if you can multiply and add.

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
It's Sunday

It's slow

I guess 15

BTW broncofan7 I will give odds that you see a 100 grand on a table in front of you and you take the money. I am right aren't I big talker.

Just as right as you are about my age, Baja-ndejo.

Rock Chalk
03-08-2009, 07:01 PM

I hope I get a chance to cock slap you in the face.

Pick Six
03-08-2009, 07:04 PM
57 people said they would take the money, and 45 more people simply thought this thread sucks. There ya go...:thumbsup:

TDmvp
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/3443/sherlockholmesedgyui3.jpg

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I hope I get a chance to cock slap you in the face.

Sorry,I could be mistaken, but I don't think that a G-rated, Broncos fan forum is the proper location for you to express your homosexual tendencies. Perhaps 'sword fighting and cock slapping' is the sport of choice in PODUNK Kansas, but I prefer to WATCH THE BRONCOS NO MATTER HOW MUCH $$$ IS OFFERED FOR ME NOT TO.

In summary, you are a spare, sellout of a fan with homosexual tendencies who really could use a new career if he thinks that $100K is worthy of giving up his Bronco fandom for 20 years...

broncofan7
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
59 scabs and counting.....

SoCalBronco
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
No.

rbackfactory80
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
59 scabs and counting.....

Dude you totally surprised me. I went to check your profile and found that you are 34 years old. Smart money would have been on 20 or under.

19Morton77
03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I think broncofan2438 would do it for much less. Hell, he has the Raiders or Chargers to fall back on. As for me, it isnt worth it. If this poll started in 94 after some bad seasons, how many would be pissed that they missed out on 2 SuperBowl wins? 5k a year means you just gave up on your passion. You lose your man card while you are at it.

19Morton77
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry,I could be mistaken, but I don't think that a G-rated, Broncos fan forum is the proper location for you to express your homosexual tendencies. Perhaps 'sword fighting and cock slapping' is the sport of choice in PODUNK Kansas, but I prefer to WATCH THE BRONCOS NO MATTER HOW MUCH $$$ IS OFFERED FOR ME NOT TO.

In summary, you are a spare, sellout of a fan with homosexual tendencies who really could use a new career if he thinks that $100K is worthy of giving up his Bronco fandom for 20 years...

i think many might pay chalk talk $100k for leaving this forum for good.

Sassy
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I think broncofan2438 would do it for much less. Hell, he has the Raiders or Chargers to fall back on. As for me, it isnt worth it. If this poll started in 94 after some bad seasons, how many would be pissed that they missed out on 2 SuperBowl wins? 5k a year means you just gave up on your passion. You lose your man card while you are at it.
:rofl:
Be careful or you'll have 2438 sending you pm's to knock off that crap about him being a Raider/Charger fan...he'll tell you it's getting old! Ha! It's actually more fun now because it still bugs him! :giggle:

baja
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM

Let me get this straight you got your man card because you like one special football team over all others, is that right?

baja
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Is it any wonder America is in trouble?

broncofan7
03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Dude you totally surprised me. I went to check your profile and found that you are 34 years old. Smart money would have been on 20 or under.

If you are one of the 'Fab 59' who voted to let go of their fandom for $100K, I doubt you know what 'smart' is.......

TheReverend
03-09-2009, 06:26 AM
i think many might pay chalk talk $100k for leaving this forum for good.

No chance. Alec is great here.

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 06:56 AM
This poll needs to be made public so these RATS can have some light shone in their direction..........

Broncos_OTM
03-10-2009, 07:30 AM
This poll needs to be made public so these RATS can have some light shone in their direction..........

dude your parents let you on the internet this early in the morning?

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 07:41 AM
dude your parents let you on the internet this early in the morning?

not very clever...I'll give you one star for at least trying......

Broncos_OTM
03-10-2009, 07:52 AM
we have our 63 scab welcome broncosfan7

03-10-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7
Hey, for 100K I will model a Charger's jersey for you........

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=62700&page=2

Who's fanhood is now in check now b****

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 08:42 AM
we have our 63 scab welcome broncosfan7

03-10-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7
Hey, for 100K I will model a Charger's jersey for you........

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=62700&page=2

Who's fanhood is now in check now b****

You are even more incompetent than I first believed, you actually posted this TWICE!!!! Good grief!!!

Honestly, I cannot get over your absolute STOOOOPIDITY by making this post......it's right up there with MECK77 thinking this thread was actually about not talking to someone's mother.........
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78047&page=5

baja
not very clever...I'll give you one star for at least trying......

You can't really be considered a fan until you have at least 10,000 posts on here. So get busy.

broncofan7
You can't really be considered a fan until you have at least 10,000 posts on here. So get busy.

I bow to your posting greatness.....

baja
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I bow to your posting greatness.....

Thank You Fan in training

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Thank You Fan in training

LOL

Broncos_OTM
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
You are even more incompetent than I first believed, you actually posted this TWICE!!!! Good grief!!!

Honestly, I cannot get over your absolute STOOOOPIDITY by making this post......it's right up there with MECK77 thinking this thread was actually about not talking to someone's mother.........
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78047&page=5
Are you gonna cry now? need a tissue?

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Are you gonna cry now? need a tissue?

My god, you STILL DON'T GET IT. Someone please PM this inbred......I'm off to the office.......

TheDave
03-10-2009, 12:47 PM
My god, you STILL DON'T GET IT. Someone please PM this inbred......I'm off to the office.......

Better make sure your mom can give you a ride first... ;D

vancejohnson82
03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
wait a second...I stopped readingt his thread when that chump got called out for betting AGAINST the Broncos....

isnt that the ultimate sellout???

what did I miss along the way that actually kept this thread alive.

broncofan7
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
wait a second...I stopped readingt his thread when that chump got called out for betting AGAINST the Broncos....

isnt that the ultimate sellout???

what did I miss along the way that actually kept this thread alive.

How dare you shame the greatness that is "The vance' by posting such idiotic tripe.....

I was on the fire Shanny bandwagon no doubt......It was my not so subtle form of 'protest'. Now was I ever going to WALK AWAY FROM the Broncos if they had kept Shanny?? OF COURSE NOT. I'M NOT A SELLOUT

Big difference champ.