PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it but.....T.O.???

kdissette
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
I dont have the link but I read somewhere today that one of the only teams that could entertain the thought of signing "Team Obliterator" is the Broncos. I personally would vomit, but if Brandon Marshall gets a lengthy suspension he might be a viable option since pretty much every other team has no interest. We could get him for a minimal deal (1-2yr 6mil and a bunch of out clauses). If Marshall gets suspended I wouldnt mind having him around for a couple games and then cutting him as soon as he bitches.

Archer81
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Get your popcorn ready...

:Broncos:

spdirty
03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
unbelievable.

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Git out an' don come back, yahear?

Don make me git my ****gun.

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I would rather be kicked in the balls than have Owens sign with us

He likes to turn players against one another

If he steps foot in our stadium I hope Dawkins beats the **** out of him

TheReverend
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I would rather be kicked in the balls than have Owens sign with us

He likes to turn players against one another

If he steps foot in our stadium I hope Dawkins beats the **** out of him

I hate the TO move too, but Dawkins is actually a good friend of his...

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I hate the TO move too, but Dawkins is actually a good friend of his...

oh ok
scratch that idea then

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
we spent our money on junk . .48 millon left maybe enough money for a RFA that never got pick up after the draft ? we need another RB

extralife
03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
oh hey look it's another TO thread

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
oh hey look it's another TO thread

Oh look $.48 million left ....Fail....

Inkana7
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
T.O. has been Bonds'd

broncofan2438
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Get your popcorn ready...

I got it ready!

frerottenextelway
03-05-2009, 08:37 PM
It's not his attitude that bothers me the most, it's that he's not that damn good. He's great at creating seperation and all, but if the ball isn't between the numbers he's not going to catch it (and if it is, he still might drop it).

A guy like Moss, Boldin or Fitz, you expect to come down with jump balls and some outright ducks - not TO.

ohiobronco2
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
He is an amazing football player, but a cancer. He will ruin an already fragile locker room. Considering the McDaniels-Cutler relationship and how unstable it appears, we shouldn't bring in another drama queen. With that being said, if he comes here and is a success, forget this post. :D

ohiobronco2
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh look $.48 million left ....Fail....

Anybody have an update on exactly how much we have left?

chaz
03-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Anybody have an update on exactly how much we have left?

I believe eddie mac's thread estimates over $22M left in cap space

Archer81
03-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I believe eddie mac's thread estimates over $22M left in cap space

Wow. I dont think I have ever seen a Broncos team sign 12 free agents and still have 20+ mil in cap space.

TDmvp
03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/492/shootthedog.jpg

FireFly
03-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't think we sign him. I think it runs contrary to what the new coach is trying to achieve...but... if Marshall is suspended and we don't... I don't see us winning very many over the duration of the suspension

BroncoBuff
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
no way :nono:

strafen
03-05-2009, 11:07 PM
http://civilwarclipart.com/Clipartgallery/images/aw_jeez.jpg

FireFly
03-06-2009, 12:02 AM
So, its clear to me that almost everyone here is against him coming and I get that. I really do, and besides that, I don't think he will come, like I said I just don't see McDaniels doing it. But the question I would ask is if bringing him in was the difference between losing an extra 3-5 games this year and winning them, would you do it?

Now you can't guarentee that he would have any positive influence on our results, but if you could: TO = 3-5 additional wins, NO TO = 3-5 loses. What would you do then?

BroncoDoug
03-06-2009, 12:17 AM
From Schefters Blog

A random survey of NFL teams Thursday, one day after the Cowboys released Terrell Owens, revealed next to no interest in the mercurial wide receiver. Ten receiver-needy teams were contacted, and these are the responses that filtered in throughout the day:

“Never,” from one team.

“T.O. leaves too much carnage wherever he plays,” from another.

“Not here,” said a third.

“He won’t play here, I can tell you that!” came from a fourth.

A fifth said: “For all that he thinks he is, he has won one playoff game since 1998. I think his teams have won more playoff games since then with him out of the lineup.”

And the NFL executive was correct. Since Owens and the 49ers beat the Packers in a 1998 Wild-Card Game, he has played in only one playoff win — San Francisco’s 2002 wild-card victory over the New York Giants. Since then, Owens’ record in playoff games he has played is 0-3.

“Makes the argument that character wins,” the same NFL executive said.

And the most damning comment came from another receiver-needy team, in which one executive compared Owens to Barry Bonds and how people in this league “don’t want (jerks). He could wind up sitting out the same way Barry did.”

The only lukewarm response on Owens came from one AFC team that has struggled to find a receiver. “I highly doubt it,” was the response of two people in the organization, though some in the media continue to connect this team with Owens.

And these are answers from teams in need of a receiver. Teams that don’t need one, such as the Cardinals or Packers, were not asked. But ultimately there was not a single team that admitted to so much as thinking about making a move on the former Cowboys wide receiver. Owens’ market is, at best, limited.

Forget about a big-money deal. It appears Owens will be fortunate to simply get a deal.

Now there are over four months until training camp, wide receivers get injured, teams readjust their thinking and Owens has a convincing representative in Drew Rosenhaus. So some team always can jump in and sign Owens at anytime; the receiver is that talented, even at age 35. But the last time he was a free agent two years ago, his only two bidders were Dallas and Denver, and the Broncos never offered any signing bonus. The Cowboys did.

Now Dallas is willing to have $9.675 million count against its salary cap for Owens not to be there. That is as damning as any words any executive issued Thursday.

So does that mean we are the only team left??;) :~ohyah!:

Popps
03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Oakland-Raiders-Logo.gif

lazarus4444
03-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I saw somewhere that Torry Holt wants out of St. Louis, that'd be a great pickup for us.

edit: source = http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/B858000FF9F09991862575700013B8CE?OpenDocument

Los Broncos
03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Him Eddy and Marshall would be a lethal combo.

But the first time Cutler missed him wide open would be hell to pay, then the drama starts.

Popps
03-06-2009, 02:04 AM
I saw somewhere that Torry Holt wants out of St. Louis, that'd be a great pickup for us.

edit: source = http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/B858000FF9F09991862575700013B8CE?OpenDocument

Mentioned that on my WR thread. I agree. You get TO-like production without the headache.

If Marshall is suspended for any length of time, it's a no-brainer trade. I believe we have extra picks. Ship them a 4th rounder.