PDA

View Full Version : If Jay were to be traded (from a charger fan)

When Lightning Strikes
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Would you still be a Cutler fan? Would you follow the team he was on and root for him? I ask this because it happened to us with Drew Brees...I was a huge Drew fan and when he was released and signed with N.O., I began to follow them a bit and I am still a Brees fan. I am happy when he does well, and still feel terrible when he craps on the field.

Just wondering what you perspective would be on Jay if he left and say signed with Detroit? Would you root for him and hope Detroit made it to the playoffs?

socalorado
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/philip-rivers.jpg

bfoflcommish
03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
This should have been made 2 days ago....he's not going anywhere now....get with it it's Thursaday already!

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
This is going to be a surprise to everyone here, :) but nope. If he were to be traded from Denver, interest is lost. That goes for pretty much every player.

When Lightning Strikes
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
This should have been made 2 days ago....he's not going anywhere now....get with it it's Thursaday already!

no, i totally understand...i was just wondering how you guys would feel if it did happen.

I can honestly say that if LT was traded, i would follow him and hope he does well, but if Rivers was traded, id have no interest in him what-so-ever. I only support him as the Chargers QB, anywhere else...whoooooo Cares!!

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
root against him of course...

because if he did well, we'd never hear the end of it...

When Lightning Strikes
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
root against him of course...

because if he did well, we'd never hear the end of it...

but you live in Tampa...youd be able to catch all of his home games in Tampa Bay if it would have worked out! haha...

yea, always root against any bad desicion. Im used to that with AJ as the GM.

TheDave
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Anyone know of a good place to get a philly cheese steak in Northern Colorado?

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
but you live in Tampa...youd be able to catch all of his home games in Tampa Bay if it would have worked out! haha...

yea, always root against any bad desicion. Im used to that with AJ as the GM.

true if he were traded to Tampa it would have been a bit of a conflict of interest...

The Bucs are my (distant) second favorite team since i live here and all...

but if Cutler was to go to TB and light it up while Cassel floundered, Bronco fans would never hear the end of it and it'd be even worse for me since most all my friends are Buc fans...

MagicHef
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM

Never been there, but it seems like if they are named "Taste of Philly"...

http://www.tasteofphilly.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=17&Itemid=44

BroncoInSkinland
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
All depends on where he went. Of course it would never replace the Broncos, but if he went to a team I had some kind of pre existing interest in yes I would folow and root for him, after the Broncos. If on the other hand he went to Kansas City for Cassle and whatever other mullets they planned on getting rid of, after vomiting, I would find a way to loath him.

bfoflcommish
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
no, i totally understand...i was just wondering how you guys would feel if it did happen.

I can honestly say that if LT was traded, i would follow him and hope he does well, but if Rivers was traded, id have no interest in him what-so-ever. I only support him as the Chargers QB, anywhere else...whoooooo Cares!!

To play along I can say I have never followed an Ex-Bronco.

TheDave
Never been there, but it seems like if they are named "Taste of Philly"...

http://www.tasteofphilly.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=17&Itemid=44

Nice I think i might have to tray that out today... :thumbs:

When Lightning Strikes
true if he were traded to Tampa it would have been a bit of a conflict of interest...

The Bucs are my (distant) second favorite team since i live here and all...

but if Cutler was to go to TB and light it up while Cassel floundered, Bronco fans would never hear the end of it and it'd be even worse for me since most all my friends are Buc fans...

So true...you know Cassel is going to flounder also. Cutler is good...he would improve any team he would have gone to. If denver could work on getting a good defense to support him...look out!

Old Dude
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I think it takes awhile for a player to develop a loyal following (beyond his own team) and it also depends on the circumstances in which he departs.

If it's an aging player who contributed the better part of a long career, who left under amicable circumstances and was let go for youth / money reasons, then I think that a lot of fans still pull for the guy - unless he goes to an arch-rival.

Examples: Atwater, Traylor and Sharpe. (And certainly Gary Kubiak in the coaching department)

Cutler has only been here three years, and is just starting to reach his potential.

DomCasual
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM

But the more appropriate analogy would be if Elway left, would we follow him. We, of course, would. Cutler is still new here. I probably wouldn't hate him, but I wouldn't necessarily pull for him. Ten years from now, that would probably be a different story.

Peoples Champ
Root against him, im a Bronco fan, not Cutler.

theAPAOps5
Nice I think i might have to tray that out today... :thumbs:

Taste of Philly is the best in Colorado.

When Lightning Strikes
03-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I think it takes awhile for a player to develop a loyal following (beyond his own team) and it also depends on the circumstances in which he departs.

If it's an aging player who contributed the better part of a long career, who left under amicable circumstances and was let go for youth / money reasons, then I think that a lot of fans still pull for the guy - unless he goes to an arch-rival.

Examples: Atwater, Traylor and Sharpe. (And certainly Gary Kubiak in the coaching department)

Cutler has only been here three years, and is just starting to reach his potential.

Kind of like Brett Favre??

OBF1
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Does not matter where Jay goes, I am a Bronco fan first. It does not matter where phyllis Rivers goes, He will always be a biotch.

When Lightning Strikes
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Does not matter where Jay goes, I am a Bronco fan first. It does not matter where phyllis Rivers goes, He will always be a biotch.

I laughed...

mr007
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
To play along I can say I have never followed an Ex-Bronco.

When was the last time you were a huge fan of a Bronco player that went to another team? With the exception of a mild interest in the Jets once Atwater left, I can't say I've really missed any Broncos that have left.

If Jay left, I would be instantly rooting for the other team, as long as they weren't in the AFC West.

SouthStndJunkie
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I would root for Cutler to play well.

I still root for CP to play well for the Redskins.

Los Broncos
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I would watch him where ever he went but still be a Bronco fan of course.

Fun player to watch.

broncolife
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
No. I didnt follow my favorite Bronco Denfender after he left(Steve Atwater), but I might have kept an eye on Elway if he left us later in his career

That One Guy
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
So... a question I've often pondered. If you root for the Broncos but don't come attached to anyone on the team, what ARE you attached to and rooting for? Are you rooting for the Broncos emblem to have more wins next to it than another emblem? Are you rooting for bragging rights against someone who staked their bragging rights on another emblem?

I personally like football and can honestly say that there's been times in recent seasons where I was disgusted with some players or the team as a whole and continued to root for them out of habit or because I have a lot of gear accumulated over the years. In reality, I think you can root because it's your hometown, root because you like the philosophy of the team, or root because you like players on the team. Beyond that, you're just rooting for Bowlen to get richer, it seems.

cutthemdown
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I can care less about any player not wearing a Broncos uniform. 2nd favorite and 3rd favorite teams are a joke IMO.

FireFly
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
This is going to be a surprise to everyone here, :) but nope. If he were to be traded from Denver, interest is lost. That goes for pretty much every player.

Thats exactly how I feel.

BroncoLifer
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Me, too. Once they're gone, they're dead to me. I suspect most of us feel the same.

ZONA
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I would like to see him do well. Not just because I think he is a good QB that used to play for us but the fact he has Type 1, it would give so many young kids that have the disease hope.

But all good feelings aside when ex players and coaches I liked play Denver.

FireFly
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if he were traded, or decided not to resign at the end of this season, it wouldn't take him very long to say something or do something that would have almost all of this board turn against him myself included.

Rock Chalk
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

Philly Connection in Parker. Excellent cheese steaks.

My dad said there was a great one in downtown Denver too.

ant1999e
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Jay who?

broncofan2438
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Freakn Chugger fans

broncocalijohn
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I would like to see how he does and care if he was on a non rival team. I wouldnt go out of my way to watch him play for said team. If he was a good guy and left by trade or team didnt re-sign him, then I would root for HIM. If he left to take more money or talked sheat about the Broncos, I couldnt care less about him. Nothing made me more happy to see Lelie get bounced around the league as a backup and a nobody when he could have had wins, stat padding and commercial deals based on him staying in Denver.

Man-Goblin
03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
There used to be a place in Boulder called Salvagios that had the best cheese steaks and pastrami sandwiches I have ever had.

boltaneer
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
So... a question I've often pondered. If you root for the Broncos but don't come attached to anyone on the team, what ARE you attached to and rooting for? Are you rooting for the Broncos emblem to have more wins next to it than another emblem? Are you rooting for bragging rights against someone who staked their bragging rights on another emblem?

I personally like football and can honestly say that there's been times in recent seasons where I was disgusted with some players or the team as a whole and continued to root for them out of habit or because I have a lot of gear accumulated over the years. In reality, I think you can root because it's your hometown, root because you like the philosophy of the team, or root because you like players on the team. Beyond that, you're just rooting for Bowlen to get richer, it seems.

This is actually a very good point. Obviously, we all root for the emblem but if you become a fan of a particular player is it wrong to continue to follow and root for him (assuming he doesn't play for a rival team of course)? Don't we all do that of players from our Alma Mater or players from our hometown?

Why does it seem that is more acceptable than it is to root for a player who you became a fan on when he played for your favorite NFL team?

Inkana7
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Somewhat. I always keep an eye out for former Broncos.