PDA

View Full Version : I am going to regret this I'm sure

Pages : [1] 2

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 07:31 AM
But, I have a "source" that tells me we are making a play for peppers.

No link take it for what its worth.

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 07:32 AM
ok...let's get it out of the way...

What the hell were you doing on the light rail today?

alkemical
03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
cutler for peppers?

Mogulseeker
03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Whats all this I'm hearing about light rail these days... I must've missed something.

Peppers would be amazing at RDE... imagine a d-line with Peppers, Raji, and Olshansky.

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2009, 07:36 AM

Yes, you may regret this one.... LOL

Archer81
03-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Hmmm...

http://tinyurl.com/3dt9xr

:Broncos:

Requiem
How many Dr. Peppers are we gonna make a play for? Twelve-pack. . . couple cases? C'mon now!

Hotrod
Yes, you may regret this one.... LOL

Ha! I know I know

I'm being told 2 players and a day 1 pick

arghemtee
03-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Ha! I know I know

/jerk off motion

s0phr0syne
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Ha! I know I know

Hmmm...only people (besides Cutler :P) that come to mind would be Dumervil and Sheffler? Just speculating...because what else is there to do at 9:40 in the morning.

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Hmmm...

http://tinyurl.com/3dt9xr

hahahaha.....that's awesome

yet so very sad

Rohirrim
03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
If your source is Traveler, you should both sober up. ;D

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I knew I would regret this Ha!

Mogulseeker
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
I heard from a "source" that we are making a move for Tom Brady. A seventh round pick for him. The "source" is my imagination.

bowtown
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Dortoh's new motto: DONE DEAL!

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM

i've been thinking this all along...

i honestly believe we'll be dangling champ bailey in this deal as well...

Archer81
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
http://tinyurl.com/b93uqj

bowtown
03-05-2009, 07:50 AM
i've been thinking this all along...

i honestly believe we'll be dangling champ bailey in this deal as well...

Well if we trade Champ and a 1st day pick for Peppers I am going to lose my mother loving mind.

Arkansas Bronco
03-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Any word on who the 2 players are?

Archer81
03-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Well if we trade Champ and a 1st day pick for Peppers I am going to lose my mother loving mind.

Seconded.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I hope this source is wrong because I don't want to imagine what we'd be giving up for the guy in picks let alone cash.

dbfan21
03-05-2009, 07:56 AM

Is that source Andrew Mason? Didn't he end up writing for the Panthers?

Hotrod
No real word on actual names but a CB and RB and late 1st day pick with a pick coming back.

cmhargrove
Hmmm...only people (besides Cutler :P) that come to mind would be Dumervil and Sheffler? Just speculating...because what else is there to do at 9:40 in the morning.

The way our LB's are going - I would throw DJ in there as a player of trade value. I know the staff has given him the "thumbs up" but he would seem to have good trade value as a 4-3 WLB on a strong defense.

I think Dumervil, Moss, or Scheffler are also possible trade options. It would be awesome to trade Boss away, but even Carolina couldn't be that dumb.

I think we keep Champ. He's worth his paycheck - especially in this market.

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Is that source Andrew Mason? Didn't he end up writing for the Panthers?

no comment

Jens1893
03-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Remember, the voices inside your head donīt count.

vancejohnson82
No real word on actual names but a CB and RB and late 1st day pick with a pick coming back.

we can't give up a CB....let alone a pick

this would be one of the moves that could get me off the McD Kool-Aid

i HATE this idea

eddie mac

Why would the Panthers want a CB considering they have Gamble (long-term deal just signed), Marshall and Lucas???

Old Dude
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2009/audibles2401.htm

Same kind of logic as the speculation about Ray Lewis. Denver needs to fill the position, he's on the market, and Denver has a lot of money.

But with all the signings, I think the money is starting to dwindle, and there isn't anything in this article to suggest that there has been any contact at all.

bowtown
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM

Bailey, Hillis, 2nd Round pick (since day one is only two rounds now)... Bowtown's meltdown becomes a thing of message board lore.

supermanhr9
03-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I swear if Champ goes, I go (well at least boy-cott all of pre-season, and maybe week 1). There is no way I want Peppers over Champ. F**# that. If this happens I will divert my attention to watching paint dry. I wish you had never posted this!

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Bailey, Hillis, 2nd Round pick (since day one is only two rounds now)... Bowtown's meltdown becomes a thing of message board lore.

Then my bad its a 3rd which I thought was still day one.

Dagmar
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
/jerk off motion

http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/3.gif

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I swear if Champ goes, I go (well at least boy-cott all of pre-season, and maybe week 1). There is no way I want Peppers over Champ. F**# that. If this happens I will divert my attention to watching paint dry. I wish you had never posted this!

there is no way we give up CHamp in any sort of a deal...

let alone for a guy who is just as old and less productive (well, that can be argued as of late)

WHY WOULD WE EVEN WANT PEPPERS HERE!?!?!??!?!

Please end this thread

Man-Goblin
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
http://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/3.gif

YES!

Mogulseeker
I would not give up Bailey for Peppers.

BlaK-Argentina
BS.

Bring back Hotrod.

Dudeskey
03-05-2009, 08:07 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/Swizz_Dub/random/picard.jpg

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
there is no way we give up CHamp in any sort of a deal...

let alone for a guy who is just as old and less productive (well, that can be argued as of late)

WHY WOULD WE EVEN WANT PEPPERS HERE!?!?!??!?!

Please end this thread

Just wanted to make sure we save this post :)

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
It is not Champ so I'm not sure who else they would want???

Traveler
03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Hillis, Sheffler and #3. I could live with that.

lex
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM

I wouldnt mind this at all. I know several here will want to hold a vigil though.

BroncoFiend
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Just wanted to make sure we save this post :)

Flesh out this rumor a little more, is Champ part of this 'deal'?

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I could even be wrong about positions. I know Hillis is part of the "offer" and a 3rd the rest I dont think is settled. But Peppers and a return pick is being requested.

Dagmar
03-05-2009, 08:15 AM

:strong:

Dagmar
03-05-2009, 08:15 AM
I could even be wrong about positions. I know Hillis is part of the "offer" and a 3rd the rest I dont think is settled. But Peppers and a return pick is being requested.

Where are you getting the info? Not looking for names, but this all smells like a Hotrod bull**** windup.

lex
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM

I would in a heartbeat.

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Where are you getting the info? Not looking for names, but this all smells like a Hotrod bull**** windup.

From Lex ;)

A sports reporter and thats all I'm saying

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:19 AM

why not?...

why are so many of you flippin out about us trading Champ?...

we need a front seven badly...

a pass rush will make our secondary better...

besides i'm not sure we could afford both Peppers and Bailey anyhow...

may have to trade one big contract for another...

Hotrod
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I have meetings the rest of the day. If I hear anything else and can I will report it.

Hopefully something comes out in the news to back up this info so I dont look retarded :nono:

BroncosMT
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
If we give up champ.....the MAJOR Meltdown will occur

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
LAST 3 SEASONS:

Peppers averages : 49 Tackles and 10 sacks

Dumervil averages: 26 Tackles and 8.6 sacks

Why are we going to go out there and spend the money on Peppers? I realize he woudlnt supplant Dumervil at the end position, but my point is that we can find production for WAY less money

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM

that doesn't make any sense...

why would Carolina trade arguably the best DE in the game for a Hillis, a back up corner and a 3rd round pick?...

i don't buy this rumor unless Champ Bailey or some sort of equal compensation is involved...

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
BTW, Lex, if we draft like that......I will implode

OBF1
03-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Dortoh's only sources are the sheep on the hillside :)

bowtown

It's not Scheffler. Champ is definitely involved with this trade if it happens. It just makes too much sense. The Pats put no stock in high priced CBs. They are always sure that they can get it done with middle of the road guys as long as the front 7 are doing their jobs. Hence, letting Samuels go (which I think was actually a big mistake for them). Champ is coming up on a new contract and will want one last huge paycheck. They won't resign him so they are going to try and get something for him right now.

The Panther's already have a great one-two punch at RB. The only thing they are missing is a FB who can get out in the flats and catch passes and create some uncertainty and mismatches for the defenses. Hillis fits that role perfectly. He's most likely the RB included in the bargain.

Then, Hotrod has already stated that our 3rd is involved.

I'd guess that we get Peppers back and a draft pick. For it to be worth it, I'd think we would be looking at maybe their 1st or 2nd round pick... I would hope at least.

It all makes way too much sense. I just wonder who the hell we start at CB if Champ is gone. Making Goodman our #1 scares the hell out of me.

Hotrod
that doesn't make any sense...

why would Carolina trade arguably the best DE in the game for a Hillis, a back up corner and a 3rd round pick?...

i don't buy this rumor unless Champ Bailey or some sort of equal compensation is involved...

I dont know man I do know Hillis and a 3rd are involved after that I'm blind

The Joker
03-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Dortoh is on the wind-up, methinks.

Say it's true though...What value would Hillis have for them? They've arguably got the best RB duo in the league, so he won't be running the ball for them.

As Eddie Mac said, they're solid at corner too so while Champ would upgrade any team, it seems an unusual way for them to go.

Scheffler makes sense, as they haven't got a lot of receiving options.

If we could get Peppers without giving up a Day one pick I'd pretty much be willing to suck McD's cock tbh. I'd be sad to see Champ go, but without a pass rush he's not worth what we're paying him.

TheDave
03-05-2009, 08:25 AM
"Reveal your source or the Dog gets it"

barryr
Peppers would be a great get, but I don't see why the Panthers would want a RB since they have two good ones already, unless it's like say Hall to return kicks or something.

Ziggy
Give up an impact player in the secondary for an impact player in the front 7? Why in the world would you build a D from front to back? Craziness I tell you, pure craziness!

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Just playing devils advocate here... he he... looking at your avatar.

Anyway, one consideration is that teams can avoid Bailey like they have by simply throwing to the other side of the field.

We have a lot of money tied up in Bailey that could go to a legitimate pass rusher who cannot be avoided.

alkemical
03-05-2009, 08:29 AM
LAST 3 SEASONS:

Peppers averages : 49 Tackles and 10 sacks

Dumervil averages: 26 Tackles and 8.6 sacks

Why are we going to go out there and spend the money on Peppers? I realize he woudlnt supplant Dumervil at the end position, but my point is that we can find production for WAY less money

As much as I like Elvis... I think he's more a role player. I don't want to spend the jack for peppers - but he is an everydown DL

Mountain Bronco
03-05-2009, 08:32 AM
A good front 7 trumps a good back 4. What good has Champ been to W's when a QB has 10 seconds to through the ball? We need a monster front 7. Plus, champ is only getting older.

That being said, I like Champ's work ethic, attitude etc... not sure I can say the same about Peppers.

MagicHef
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I feel like Hillis has more value to add to the team than he would carry in a trade, and I feel the opposite about Champ. I'm just not sure why the Panthers would want either, unless it's a 3-way trade.

Dagmar
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Remember, the voices inside your head donīt count.

Dortoh.
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/wife.gif

montrose
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Julius Peppers for Rashod Moulton, Cory Boyd and a conditional 7th round pick (conditional upon Peppers recording 39.5 sacks).

dbfan4life
03-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I swear I'll never buy another jersey if Champ goes. Everytime I buy one, the dude gets released or traded.

bowtown
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Julius Peppers for Rashod Moulton, Cory Boyd and a conditional 7th round pick (conditional upon Peppers recording 39.5 sacks).

That sounds fair. I'd even be willing to resign Nate Jackson to sweeten the pot.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
People would really meltdown if Champ was traded for Peppers? I'd do that. Whens the last time we had an impact pass rusher that had to be accounted for at all times? A good pass rush makes for a better cover corner. We all know for a fact it doesnt work the other way around. (and if this is true, which i find hard to believe, I assume Peppers plays standing up, doubt he'll be at DE.

By the way, hows the turtle?

outdoor_miner
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure why people are freaking out... I'll take an impact D-Lineman over an impact secondary player any day of the week. I love Champ... Great player, great attitude. But he's getting older, and his value will never be higher. Say "Yes" to Peppers in 09! :pimp:

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
It's not Scheffler. Champ is definitely involved with this trade if it happens. It just makes too much sense. The Pats put no stock in high priced CBs. They are always sure that they can get it done with middle of the road guys as long as the front 7 are doing their jobs. Hence, letting Samuels go (which I think was actually a big mistake for them). Champ is coming up on a new contract and will want one last huge paycheck. They won't resign him so they are going to try and get something for him right now.

The Panther's already have a great one-two punch at RB. The only thing they are missing is a FB who can get out in the flats and catch passes and create some uncertainty and mismatches for the defenses. Hillis fits that role perfectly. He's most likely the RB included in the bargain.

Then, Hotrod has already stated that our 3rd is involved.

I'd guess that we get Peppers back and a draft pick. For it to be worth it, I'd think we would be looking at maybe their 1st or 2nd round pick... I would hope at least.

It all makes way too much sense. I just wonder who the hell we start at CB if Champ is gone. Making Goodman our #1 scares the hell out of me.

this is along the lines of my thinking as well...

as far as a replacement for Bailey...

the temporary solution would be Chris McCalister...

he played for Nolan and fits the mold...

i don't believe however that we'll get a 1st rounder out of this and would be surprised if we even got a 2nd rounder...

Carolina prolly doesn't want to even trade him...i'm thinking we'll have to give up the most in order to get this (alleged) trade to happen...

EDIT: plus i forgot to mention, i read a while ago that the Panthers were shopping Ken Lucas, so perhaps he's involved in the deal as our replacement for Champ...

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I dont know man I do know Hillis and a 3rd are involved after that I'm blind

oh ok...it's all good...

thanks for the update btw...

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I feel like Hillis has more value to add to the team than he would carry in a trade, and I feel the opposite about Champ. I'm just not sure why the Panthers would want either, unless it's a 3-way trade.

i heard that the panthers have been shopping Ken Lucas, so maybe Champ would replace him...

plus Peppers was pretty adamant he wants out...

so Carolina may be thinking if they have a player that doesn't want to be there, they may as well get the best corner in the game as a consolation prize...

socalorado
03-05-2009, 08:57 AM
If we give up champ.....the MAJOR Meltdown will occur

Its gonna be great!

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I swear I'll never buy another jersey if Champ goes. Everytime I buy one, the dude gets released or traded.

Where should I mail you a check so that you can buy a Boss Bailey one?

lex
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
i heard that the panthers have been shopping Ken Lucas, so maybe Champ would replace him...

plus Peppers was pretty adamant he wants out...

so Carolina may be thinking if they have a player that doesn't want to be there, they may as well get the best corner in the game as a consolation prize...

"Best corner in the game"...is that even true anymore?

Archer81
03-05-2009, 09:05 AM

Yup. When he was healthy he got thrown at what, 5 times total?

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2009, 09:08 AM
From Lex ;)

I thought we agreed Nick Athan doesnt count

DBroncos4life
03-05-2009, 09:08 AM
I think Bailey is as good as gone. Knowing Champ he would have something to to say by now about the team good or bad. Him not talking is puzzling to me. Plus he was one of Shanny's big trades so we can't have him sitting around the locker room. I have to question why they need a running back though. Williams and Stewart kind of just rushed for 2400 yards and 28 tds together. They don't seem to be all that weak at the RB position. :)

DenverBroncosJM
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
I guess I dont get it. When we had a real crappy front 7 everyone said the front 7 is more important than the backfield, now that a rumor surfaces trying to fix this issue and MAYBE get by with a decent backfield instead of star studded people get upset.

Either the front 7 make the secondary or it doesnt from what I saw last year it does. If thats the case we will be fine without Champ. I have a signed Champ helmet and jersey so I love the guy, but I would rather watch a Superbowl with the Broncos in it then have some stuff around my house.

lex
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
From Lex ;)

At what point have I ever pretended to have inside information?

lostknight
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM

If it's paymah and Young and a second round pick, this is a great deal. If it's Hillis and Bailey and a first round pick, this is scary bad.

Let's wait and see if anything shows up. The complete silence on part of the broncos about Hillis is scary right now.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
If it's paymah and Young and a second round pick, this is a great deal. If it's Hillis and Bailey and a first round pick, this is scary bad.

Let's wait and see if anything shows up. The complete silence on part of the broncos about Hillis is scary right now.

Paymah is an FA...but c'mon, why would Carolina EVER do that deal anyway?

Bailey, HIllis and a 3rd for Peppers and a late rounder is a trade id probably pull the trigger on

cousinal11
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Wondering why Carolina would have any interest in aquiring another RB.

But, I can tell you this. The Panthers and Peppers aren't on the best of terms right now and I would be suprised if Julius is in a Panther uni this year.

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Paymah is an FA...but c'mon, why would Carolina EVER do that deal anyway?

Bailey, HIllis and a 3rd for Peppers and a late rounder is a trade id probably pull the trigger on

I would definitely pull the trigger...

we could grab Rey M. with pick #12, and a NT in the 2nd round...

BroncoFiend
03-05-2009, 09:22 AM

Champ sure lost a lot of respect by being injured most of the year. He is still at the top, unless this injury causes him to lose a step.

Popps
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Hotrod,

This is funny, because I thought about this scenario. I don't think it's out of the question.

He's rumored to still be available. I haven't heard our name directly, but it makes a lot of sense. We haven't really fired a big gun yet. That would sure qualify.

lostknight
03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I seriously would not. Hillis was the spark that this team desperately needed last year. Of the Broncos are serious about trading Sheff, they need someone who can cause a huge mismatch against a LB, and that's Hillis to a T.

fido
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
This would most certainly make sense if we have signed Ronald Fields as MHR is reporting......talk about an overhaul of a pathetic defense....this has the new D coordinators fingerprints all over it.....jmo

Old Dude
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I dunno.

There are some decent DEs that would come a lot cheaper, and it still seems like McD & Co are determined to spread around the money rather than making big investments.

Plus, the CB spot is lacking in depth already. Can't imagine them letting go of Bailey when it's already so thin.

FWIW, ESPN has top-fifteen-ranked free agent DEs rated as follows:

1. Peppers (franchised)
2. Canty (signed by Giants)
3. Olshansky
4. Smith (signed by Texans)
5. Taylor (but is his heart in it?)
6. Berry
7. Holliday (in town and spoke w/Broncos yesterday, so they must have at least made an offer)
8. Carter
9. Evans (signed by 49ers)
10. Montgomery
11. Weaver
12. Adevanju
13. Daniels
14. Edwards
15. Davis (re-signed by Falcons)

I think they'll just wait and see if Holliday signs. He still has a visit with Detroit and is making some noise about talks with Green Bay.

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I seriously would not. Hillis was the spark that this team desperately needed last year. Of the Broncos are serious about trading Sheff, they need someone who can cause a huge mismatch against a LB, and that's Hillis to a T.

are you seriously saying that Peyton Hillis is the deal breaker for you in acquiring Peppers?...

Peoples Champ
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
who is your source, Carmello Anthony?

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I trust Dortoh, he has never had a reason to lie unless it was in the Survivor game. But the thing that sucks about posting stuff like this is if it falls through and it easily could you end up looking bad. That said I will be the first one to make fun of Dortoh if it never happens. :)

TheDave
03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I trust Dortoh, he has never had a reason to lie unless it was in the Survivor game. But the thing that sucks about posting stuff like this is if it falls through and it easily could you end up looking bad. That said I will be the first one to make fun of Dortoh if it never happens. :)

Hilarious!

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Hilarious!

Damn it I thought I would at least get a few posts in before that was called out! :spit:

socalorado
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
are you seriously saying that Peyton Hillis is the deal breaker for you in acquiring Peppers?...

Hilarious! I know!
1st off, he isnt even a RB! Hes a full back. And a pretty good one too. As a RB though, he has to be the biggest fanboy player on here since Wesley Duke. The guy is slow, and can only run straight ahead, and slowly i might add. Hes a solid back up RB in a pinch type of player, but as a full time RB, no way. He welcomes contact, and dishes out contact as well, but that doesnt go over well long term for a player. I could easily see him being used in the Chris Cooley HB role in CAR. He has great hands, and is a very versatile weapon outta the backfield, plus he can block for their 2 RBs.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Hilarious! I know!
1st off, he isnt even a RB! Hes a full back. And a pretty good one too. As a RB though, he has to be the biggest fanboy player on here since Wesley Duke. The guy is slow, and can only run straight ahead, and slowly i might add. Hes a solid back up RB in a pinch type of player, but as a full time RB, no way. He welcomes contact, and dishes out contact as well, but that doesnt go over well long term for a player. I could easily see him being used in the Chris Cooley HB role in CAR. He has great hands, and is a very versatile weapon outta the backfield, plus he can block for their 2 RBs.

C'mon, i totally get why people are all over Hillis. In the few games he played at tailback, he provided stability and power to a position that was constantly in flux. In that game against the jets, he was downright dominant. He's also proven to be a capable receiver out of the backfield.

Wesley Duke caught 3 passes. Not a fair comparison

TonyR
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
3. Olshansky

Am I alone in not even seeing this guy's name mentioned during FA? Is his agent on a long vacation or something?

dbfan4life
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Where should I mail you a check so that you can buy a Boss Bailey one?

It's a curse, I tell ya, a curse! :rofl:

TheDave
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Am I alone in not even seeing this guy's name mentioned during FA? Is his agent on a long vacation or something?

Cowboys visiting with Igor Olshansky
11:27 AM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Having lost Chris Canty to the New York Giants, the Cowboys are visiting with free agent defensive end Igor Olshansky today and tomorrow.

Olshansky has a history with coach Wade Phillips having played for him in San Diego. So far this offseason the Cowboys have signed two players with a background with Phillips in Keith Brooking and Matt Stewart.

Olshansky started 70 games from 2004-2008 with the Chargers and was credited with 179 tackles and 11 sacks.

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Peppers could end up in Green Bay or Denver

March 4, 2009

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

“I could see Julius Peppers going to the Packers or the Broncos. They are both moving to 3-4 fronts. He could make the kind of impact in Green Bay that Reggie White did. I know we’d love to have him, but I think the market will be too rich. The Packers have always managed the cap well. The Broncos just freed up a bunch of room (before the start of free agency). I think you’ll see a big market emerge, and the Panthers will wind up back in the first round. … If the Chiefs can get what they did (from Minnesota) for Jared Allen, what is Peppers worth?”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2009/audibles2401.htm

socalorado
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
C'mon, i totally get why people are all over Hillis. In the few games he played at tailback, he provided stability and power to a position that was constantly in flux. In that game against the jets, he was downright dominant. He's also proven to be a capable receiver out of the backfield.

Get off the wagon. He wasnt dominant ever. He played well against 3 teams, 2 of which were crappy, and one that just played like crap that day.
I said he was pretty good, but this starting calibur crap is just hillarious.
He would be much more productive as a HB. I want him to stay! By the way!
I like Hillis as a FB. shoot, we dont even know if this rumor is true.
Dortoh?

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
If the Chiefs can get what they did (from Minnesota) for Jared Allen, what is Peppers worth?”

Jared Allen is significantly better than Peppers.

DenverBroncosJM
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM

That 4th down run was a thing of beauty.

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Get off the wagon. He wasnt dominant ever. He played well against 3 teams, 2 of which were crappy, and one that just played like crap that day.
Dortoh?

What about Hillis's abilities makes you scoff? Runs a 4.5 40... is a solid receiver out of the backfield... runs downhill... gains yards after contact and is an excellent blocker. WTF?

tsiguy96
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Dortoh?
Dude he's faster then most every running back in this years draftand had over 5.0 ypc. He proved he's legit if you actually watched him

TonyR
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Jared Allen is significantly better than Peppers.

I'll grant you "better" but I don't know about "significantly better". I think Peppers probably has more ability but Allen has more motor.

vancejohnson82
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Dortoh?

i have to disagree...

The Jets were boasting the #1 run defense coming into that game....and it was pretty obvious that day that running straight was going to be the gameplan due to the weather

he impressed me that day (i was there in person)...Jets fans left and right were asking, "who is this guy"

eddie mac
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I think I'd personally **** myself if someone told me our starting CB's in 09 are Goodman and one from Josh Bell/Jack Williams.

If we pulled the trigger on this and it involved Champ, McDaniels would need to get his finger out pronto and get McFadden in here and signed before he joined anyone else.

mr007
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Dortoh?

You're on your own for that one. Hillis played very well in every game he saw significant time and he deserves a shot at the starting RB position, not FB.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Dortoh?

Yeah you are pretty much dead wrong on this. :kiss:

24champ
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Hopefully it just stays a "rumor".

Pick Six
03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
My sources tell me that Julius wants to get a Ph.D and become Dr. Peppers...

outdoor_miner
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Dortoh?

Man... I'm definitely not a scout, but Hillis was the best back I've seen for the Broncos in a long time. Definitely since Portis. He hit the hole so fast (ed. note: that's what she said!) and just always gained positive yardage. He may not have elite speed, but nothing I saw led me to believe he couldn't break off big yardage when the opportunity presented itself. I'll be disappointed if he isn't getting a ton of touches next year... However, I acknowledge that I could be overrating him due to the fact that he smacked mofo's in the mouth when they tried to tackle him. :cowgirl:

cutler_to_marshall
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
why not M.D ?

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM

Is this InteRneTS charades?

I spy with my Eye....something..........

BLUE!

socalorado
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Dude he's faster then most every running back in this years draftand had over 5.0 ypc. He proved he's legit if you actually watched him

Slow down homer. Slow down. :welcome:

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
BTW I was looking at the Sky.

I spy with my little eye...........

Something......................................... .......
.................................................. .................
.................................................. ......................

GREEN!

broncofan2438
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Cowboys visiting with Igor Olshansky
11:27 AM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Having lost Chris Canty to the New York Giants, the Cowboys are visiting with free agent defensive end Igor Olshansky today and tomorrow.

Olshansky has a history with coach Wade Phillips having played for him in San Diego. So far this offseason the Cowboys have signed two players with a background with Phillips in Keith Brooking and Matt Stewart.

Olshansky started 70 games from 2004-2008 with the Chargers and was credited with 179 tackles and 11 sacks.

I was actually hoping that we would grab Igor. A little insight for the Chuggers games and hes better than nothing

socalorado
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah you are pretty much dead wrong on this. :kiss:

Then why are they signing every RB under the sun? And if this rumor is true, we have along way to go to prove it is, but lets give Dortoh the benefit of the doubt, then why is he involved in a trade to a team with such an already abundantly strong backfield?

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Grass you boneheads, I Spyed Grass.

Lets try this one:

Who would you ****, Marry, or Kill

Your choices are:

Spider, Dortoh, Sirennecky

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Then why are they signing every RB under the sun? And if this rumor is true, we have along way to go to prove it is, but lets give Dortoh the benefit of the doubt, then why is he involved in a trade to a team with such an already abundantly strong backfield?

I didn't ask for you to explain. I just told you that you were wrong. When I want your opinion, I will ask.......................... :yayaya: Ha! :clown:

socalorado
03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I didn't ask for you to explain. I just told you that you were wrong. When I want your opinion, I will ask.......................... :yayaya: Ha! :clown:

:P

FireFly
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM

Well, I'd be more than happy with that, and a 1st day? Just so long as its not a 1st round.

DeusExManning
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM

Bailey, Hillis and a 3rd, I will take it.

AbileneBroncoFan
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I have a source that says Megan Fox wants to go on a date with you. See, I can make **** up too.

That being said, I'll need clean shorts if we get Peppers.

sisterhellfyre
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
My sources tell me that Julius wants to get a Ph.D and become Dr. Peppers...

:LOL: No way. There can only be one Dr. J.

Regards,
m.

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Bailey, Hillis and a 3rd, I will take it.

I would **** Hillis, Marry Bailey, and kill the 3rd (only because I would get banned for threatening Bronco players and Hillis's Sisters are hot so I could think about them while banging him because I am not catching for anyone so I would be on top then I am sure his sisters and mom would stop over and it would turn into an old fashioned mother/daughter/son act and then Champ would see us and get mad and call Gene before divorcing me and then I would be stuck in prision because of slaying the 3rd pick which really isnt a person or thing but I would be framed none the less and have to go to jail where I would pitch the whole time because I am not catching for anyone.

DeusExManning
03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Carolina has two good running backs, maybe they will include Scheffler instead.

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I spy with my little eye....

Something.......

RED

Archer81
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I would **** Hillis, Marry Bailey, and kill the 3rd (only because I would get banned for threatening Bronco players and Hillis's Sisters are hot so I could think about them while banging him because I am not catching for anyone so I would be on top then I am sure his sisters and mom would stop over and it would turn into an old fashioned mother/daughter/son act and then Champ would see us and get mad and call Gene before divorcing me and then I would be stuck in prision because of slaying the 3rd pick which really isnt a person or thing but I would be framed none the less and have to go to jail where I would pitch the whole time because I am not catching for anyone.

Uhh...whoa.

MagicHef
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I spy with my little eye....

Something.......

RED

Blood.

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Blood.

Nope it is frozen and cherry flavored.

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
This sucks

Has anyone tried to play global thermonuclear war on the InterneTS before?

Traveler
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
From a poster on the Panther forum...

A friend inside the Broncos organization just sent me a text saying this rumor actually has some teeth. Apparently Brian Xanders has been on the phone with Hurney part of the morning. The hold up seems to be over players, not draft picks. The Panthers seem interested in plucking one of Denver's young WRs.

I'll update if I get anymore info.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/9202-carolina-denver-trade-talks-peppers-rumor-6.html

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

A friend inside the Broncos organization just sent me a text saying this rumor actually has some teeth. Apparently Brian Xanders has been on the phone with Hurney part of the morning. The hold up seems to be over players, not draft picks. The Panthers seem interested in plucking one of Denver's young WRs.

I'll update if I get anymore info

Unless that receiver is Chad Jackson, do NOT pluck:)

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM

I'll update if I get anymore info

Eddie or Marshall? Don't they have Steve Smith?

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I will melt down if they trade Royal. I will make SoCal look like a timid rant!

lostknight
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Eddie or Marshall? Don't they have Steve Smith?

It could be Eddie. If it is, you heard it here first - TO will be a Bronco.

Archer81
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Makes two of us.

Dedhed
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Yup. When he was healthy he got thrown at what, 5 times total?

:Broncos:The only problem with that is that he's been healthy for about 12 games total over the last two seasons.

I fear his groin can no longer keep up with his pivot.

Archer81
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
The only problem with that is that he's been healthy for about 12 games total over the last two seasons.

I fear his groin can no longer keep up with his pivot.

I feel bad for Mrs. Bailey...

ghwk
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM

I heaar Dortoh's source has named Dre Bly, Travis Henry and we are throwing in Clarett for free.

Ziggy
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Throw Marshall in the deal and let them deal with his off field problems, suspensions, and upcoming contract renegotiations.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Scheffler is being actively shopped he is young but a TE. But would they really want a TE who is a beast but is made of glass?

LongDongJohnson
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Throw Marshall in the deal and let them deal with his off field problems, suspensions, and upcoming contract renegotiations.

no

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 01:24 PM

If we threw in someone like marshall, we better have a number one coming back at us...but i dont think they even have one

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
the only players i consider untradeable are Clady and Harris...

24champ
03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
This sucks

Has anyone tried to play global thermonuclear war on the InterneTS before?

Have you played it with "Joshua" ?

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Scheffler is being actively shopped he is young but a TE. But would they really want a TE who is a beast but is made of glass?

Scheffler has to be the one.

No way they trade Eddie. He is > HIXON.

Please don't do it.

I think trading Marshall is wrong but I would not be upset since he can't control himself off the field.

Anyway back to the fun:

I spy something ...

ORANGE!

yerner
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM
**** all this, He ain't worth more than a 2nd rounder with that cap number. A starting qb just went for a second rounder.

montrose
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM

I'll flip. I love Royal, dude plays his butt of and is a model citizen. He's perfect in this system, if they move him for Peppers I will add some extra water to my Kool Aid so it's less strong.

My only hope would be that because Donte Rosario has been such a bust for them they'd consider Tony.

the only players i consider untradeable are Clady and Harris...

I agree. I'd absolutely hate to move Royal as well and would put him 3rd if I could.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
**** all this, He ain't worth more than a 2nd rounder with that cap number. A starting qb just went for a second rounder.

thats a good point.

Requiem
03-05-2009, 01:45 PM
No way in Hell are the Broncos tossing out Royal. At least I hope not. That'd make me ****ing sad. I'd start using hardcore drugs.

DeusExManning
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
No way in Hell are the Broncos tossing out Royal. At least I hope not. That'd make me ****ing sad. I'd start using hardcore drugs.

Although Royal is great, pass rushing is more important, we can find someone in the draft, I think I am fine with it.

Taco John
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Hotrod, you're not supposed to do Travashamockery on the home board. Geez! That's like running an touchdown in the wrong direction...

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how that's all they got for Cassel considering Atlanta got to move up in the first round plus received 2 good second rounders for Matt Schaub.....and Schaub started less than half the games that Cassel did, and wasn't as impressive in them. Way to screw up the trade market, NE.

24champ
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I'd start using hardcore drugs.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/7/5/4/18064570-18064574-large.jpg

27atwater
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
We trade Royal and draft maclin...no harm. no foul.

rugbythug
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Hotrod, you're not supposed to do Travashamockery on the home board. Geez! That's like running an touchdown in the wrong direction...

Yeah but look how he suckered everyone in on it. And we knew about the TSM. Wow-- Well Played Sir.

broncosteven
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM

Baja got away with it.

Popps
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Royal for Peppers?

Hmmm. Damn. I'd have to pull the trigger on that one. Maybe it's just because we haven't had a front 7 monster in so long, I'm desperate.

I love Eddie, though.

This won't happen, anyway. Sounds too Playstationesque.

ol number 7
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Dortoh's new motto: DONE DEAL!

For Cutler we may get a whole bag of peppers Jalapenos.

montrose
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Peppers is almost 30 years old, wants to (and would be) switching to a completely new position and is two seasons removed from a 2.5 sack season when Panthers fans and media questioned his desire - only for him to shoot back up to 14.5 sacks this year in a contract year.

Even if Peppers is motivated, switching to a 3-4 means there is no guarantee he will be a pass-rush beast here. He was one as a 4-3 DE, we have no clue how effective he'll be in a 3-4 not to mention that many pass rushers that dominate with athletic ability see a steep decline after they hit 30.

Now I'm not against getting the guy but I think we need to think long and hard (that's what she said) about what we give up for him and how much we pay him. I'd be willing to part with Scheffler, Dumervil and Hillis as they have trade value but may not fit our new schemes. Other than that, I'd be very wary - especially in parting with valuable draft picks. And if they want Eddie Royal I'd hang up the phone on spot. That dude is a team-first, humble, hard-working WR who could catch 140 passes in this system.

Man-Goblin
03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Peppers would want Haynesworth type money. That would be ridiculous.

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Trade Marshall for Peppers strait up, and draft Crabtree(trade up if need be). I wouldn't be too opposed to that. I would still be a little sad though.

jutang
03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I agree that trading Royal would be an hoorible idea. Rookie contract, crap load of potential, and fits the culture that McD is trying to employ.

Peppers for Marshall. I think is doable, given Marshall's latest off field transgression. He has the potential to become the best WR in the game. From all accounts, he's a great locker room guy. It's the off season when things get interesting for him. 30 yo DE in a new system for a young, promising but troubled WR... seems like an even trade already.

elsid13
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't understand the value to Carolina in this trade. There secondary is set, the De would be a problem, and Marshall is #1 WR, how does he fit with Smith.

Chris
03-05-2009, 03:08 PM
All this speculation makes me nauseous.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Trade Marshall for Peppers strait up, and draft Crabtree(trade up if need be). I wouldn't be too opposed to that. I would still be a little sad though.

Dude thats borderline Broncos Mania/Madden right there.

Kaylore
03-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Is this the same dude with glasses that told Hotrod that Chad Mustard was freakin' awesome?

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Dude thats borderline Broncos Mania/Madden right there.

Micheal Crabtree has questions surrounding him, and could drop. And if the report is true and the Panthers do want Marshall for Peppers, we need another starter. Its not out of the question, though it is unlikely.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
No Marshall for Peppers straight up is almost Madden-esque. Marshall has question marks with off the field issues, his drops, and his hands. Peppers is a proven premier pass rusher.

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Micheal Crabtree has questions surrounding him, and could drop. And if the report is true and the Panthers do want Marshall for Peppers, we need another starter. Its not out of the question, though it is unlikely.

hmm yeah lets draft an average sized receiver who drops the ball too much, isnt very fast, and currently has a messed up foot.

yeah I will pass on Crabtree, even in the 2nd round I pass on him

Marshall >>>>>>>>> Crabtree

McDaniels better not mess with our WRs, Marshall and Royal are too important to the offense

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Hotrod is in meetings I texted him and said Taco says this better not be Travishamockery. Hotrod says bite me. I am awaiting his response for the great Mustard fiasco.

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
No Marshall for Peppers straight up is almost Madden-esque. Marshall has question marks with off the field issues, his drops, and his hands. Peppers is a proven premier pass rusher.

Fine, Marshall and a pick. Its not unreasonable to say Micheal Crabtree could drop though. I just think that if we do trade Marshall, we need a number one receiver. And Crabtree could be within reach.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
I wasn't attacking you just saying Carolina would be dumb as they are not getting anything close to a fair return. This isn't Washington! :)

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
I wasn't attacking you just saying Carolina would be dumb as they are not getting anything close to a fair return. This isn't Washington! :)

Indeed.

24champ
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Peppers is a proven premier pass rusher.

When he is playing for a contract...sure.

TonyR
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
McDaniels better not mess with our WRs, Marshall and Royal are too important to the offense

Keep in mind that Marshall could be facing a lengthy suspension.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
When he is playing for a contract...sure.

Yep thats a valid point.

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Well Marshall does pose a risk, but he is already a probowler

Hopefully he matures and puts all this behind him
As valuable as Peppers is, I think I would prefer "mini TO" for the next 11 years than Peppers for the next 5

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Just say no to a big fuggin trade for Peppers.

elsid13
03-05-2009, 05:17 PM

Which devalue him more. This isn't a true rumor.

yerner
03-05-2009, 05:34 PM

Start scripting english, you polish dickhead.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM

Hotrod never said it was Marshall.

elsid13
03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Start scripting english, you polish dickhead.

**** you, you midget tranny loving loving PATs fan. Don't make me throat punch you bitch.

Archer81
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
God hates you if you are a midget and a tranny.

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
not to be a smart ass but we have a wopping .48 million left .

Eldorado
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
not to be a smat ass but we have a wopping .48 million left .

Sweet. See if he'll take it.

DeusExManning
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
not to be a smart ass but we have a wopping .48 million left .

says who? we still have a lot left.

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Sweet. See if he'll take it.

I don't want no stinking DE players I want RB's ...

Well the good thing is there is still the Draft

Round #1 Knowshon Moreno -

Round #2 Shonn Greene - Iowa

Round #3James Davis - Clemson

Round #4 Rashad Jennings - Liberty

Round # 5 Glen Coffee - Alabama

Round #6 Cedric Peerman - Virginia

Round #7 Branden Ore

A Draft our New GM and Coach would be proud of . Defense who need stinking Defense:~ohyah!:

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 07:50 PM
says who? we still have a lot left.

The Broncos in turn have added aging players (Dawkins and Davis) and several "second-tier" players. The $39.52 million the Broncos have allocated in bonus guarantees and 2009 salaries to their 12 newcomers

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11838883

~Crash~
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
it did add the bouness in so maybe there more than I though .

ohiobronco2
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't want no stinking DE players I want RB's ...

Well the good thing is there is still the Draft

Round #1 Knowshon Moreno -

Round #2 Shonn Greene - Iowa

Round #3James Davis - Clemson

Round #4 Rashad Jennings - Liberty

Round # 5 Glen Coffee - Alabama

Round #6 Cedric Peerman - Virginia

Round #7 Branden Ore

A Draft our New GM and Coach would be proud of . Defense who need stinking Defense:~ohyah!:

Playing RB's at every postion. Brilliant. I dare people to try and game plan for that.

ohiobronco2
03-05-2009, 07:58 PM
http://tinyurl.com/b93uqj

ROFL! LOL

theAPAOps5
03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
it did add the bouness in so maybe there more than I though .

Well if you trade away a player with a large cap figure then you create more space. I am not eluding to anything just saying. But when you trade a player I think some of their bonuses give you a cap hit. So who knows whats going on. But they have to have some cap left to sign their draft picks.

Gcver2ver3
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Well if you trade away a player with a large cap figure then you create more space. I am not eluding to anything just saying. But when you trade a player I think some of their bonuses give you a cap hit. So who knows whats going on. But they have to have some cap left to sign their draft picks.

yea clearly we aren't going to tap ourselves dry before the draft...

my guess as you eluded to, is we'll be trading away some salary (whether it be through this rumored trade and/or something else)...

plus we can always go back to the ole "restructure" well...

easymobee
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't understand the value to Carolina in this trade. There secondary is set, the De would be a problem, and Marshall is #1 WR, how does he fit with Smith.

Their 2ndary isn't set, they helped make Fitzgerald a legend. They want Champ, Lucas is a paper tiger. Their fanbase (message board) was real worried about Lucas going back to the denver game, apperantly he has lost a step or 2 since Steve Smith coldcocked him.

Edit - Lucas was going to be traded to DET on 1st day of FA, but refused to play for the lions (refused to renegotiate his # for DET, effectively killing the trade) shows Carolina needs a new #1 CB.

Peoples Champ
03-06-2009, 06:41 AM
The Broncos in turn have added aging players (Dawkins and Davis) and several "second-tier" players. The $39.52 million the Broncos have allocated in bonus guarantees and 2009 salaries to their 12 newcomers

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11838883

I would rather have 12 newcomers for 39 million then Albert Haynesworth for 20 million

Broncos_OTM
03-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Please don't let us stop you!!

Peoples Champ
03-06-2009, 07:41 AM

I hope we dont get Rid of Royal too! We better keep him, I just got a sweet Eddie Royal jersey for my Birthday.

Broncoman13
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Hotrod,

This is funny, because I thought about this scenario. I don't think it's out of the question.

He's rumored to still be available. I haven't heard our name directly, but it makes a lot of sense. We haven't really fired a big gun yet. That would sure qualify.

I see us sending Bailey, Hillis and a 2nd for Peppers. That simple. Sounds like a lot... b/c it IS a lot. But if Jared Allen is worth two first round picks, Peppers is worth a future HOFer, and very good FB/H-Back (Not a RB) and a mid 2nd round pick. I would do this deal but it's not a "great" deal for us. I think Peppers would do more for our defense than Champ. Teams can simply avoid him... and they have to the point of making Dre Bly look like a bad CB.

Anything different in this trade such as the pick being a 3rd instead of a 2nd or the Broncos receiving a player back (I.e. Lucas) would be icing and a definite, DO IT!

IF for some unknown reason the Panthers were stupid enough to trade us Peppers for a package that didn't include our 1st or Champ... JUMP ON IT IN A HURRY! This won't be popular, but I'd send Jay Cutler to them for Peppers and their 2nd and make do with Simms and a Rookie QB. McDaniels screwed any chances of Cutler being here long term! Speaking of which Popps, I have three authentic jerseys for Cutler, you want to buy one still?

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Hillis, Royal and a 2nd for Pep and a 3rd

Things are bogged down debating Royals value.

bowtown
03-06-2009, 08:35 AM

I hate this trade. HATE this trade.

socalorado
03-06-2009, 08:35 AM

This would absolutely suck.

Broncoman13
03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Peppers is almost 30 years old, wants to (and would be) switching to a completely new position and is two seasons removed from a 2.5 sack season when Panthers fans and media questioned his desire - only for him to shoot back up to 14.5 sacks this year in a contract year.

Even if Peppers is motivated, switching to a 3-4 means there is no guarantee he will be a pass-rush beast here. He was one as a 4-3 DE, we have no clue how effective he'll be in a 3-4 not to mention that many pass rushers that dominate with athletic ability see a steep decline after they hit 30.

Now I'm not against getting the guy but I think we need to think long and hard (that's what she said) about what we give up for him and how much we pay him. I'd be willing to part with Scheffler, Dumervil and Hillis as they have trade value but may not fit our new schemes. Other than that, I'd be very wary - especially in parting with valuable draft picks. And if they want Eddie Royal I'd hang up the phone on spot. That dude is a team-first, humble, hard-working WR who could catch 140 passes in this system.

Dude, you know (better than most) that we will not run a 3-4 exclusively and will more than likely use a guy like Peppers as both a 3-4 ROLB and a 4-3 hand in the dirt end. He is the perfect fit for what Nolan wants or would like to do on Defense. Proven commodity the get after the QB on 3rd downs and you yourself said that Nolan's defenses on 3rd downs had A LOT of 4-3 looks. So, on 1st and 2nd down he stands up and uses some great size/speed to play vs the run. On 3rd down he gets after the QB 90% of the time.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
If it was Hillis, Royal, our 4th for Peppers and their 2nd. Then MAYBE I would consider it.

vancejohnson82
03-06-2009, 08:40 AM
why would we get rid of Royal when Marshall is going to be suspended...

that means we would pick up TO

socalorado
03-06-2009, 08:41 AM
If it was Hillis, Royal, our 4th for Peppers and their 2nd. Then MAYBE I would consider it.

Nono no nononononono

Royal was a 2nd rounder who out preformed every WR in last years draft. I know, i know Mesean played well too. Royal runs routes like Jerry freakin Rice and is considered by many to be the steal of last years draft. Hes a legit #1 WR, and DEN is going to give him up for a 29 year old DE!?!? F*** that!

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
I think the deal will die do to Royal

socalorado
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM

GOOD! DEN FO would be out of their minds trading eddie. That is just pure stupidity. To hit a home run on a WR and have him preform the way he did, is almost a miracle! What about Champ!??!

TonyR
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Frighteningly believable. I just don't see how McD could want to lose Eddie who would be the star of the offense assuming it would be anything like what NE runs (which is a logical assumption). Since we didn't score Anderson from Houston who is going to fill that void? Plus we're facing a Marshall suspension so we'd be very thin at WR. And then add to this the loss of Hillis to fill in when both Buckhalter and Jordan get hurt at RB...

cousinal11
03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
The thought of trading Eddie Royal literally makes me sick to my stomach.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Nono no nononononono

Royal was a 2nd rounder who out preformed every WR in last years draft. I know, i know Mesean played well too. Royal runs routes like Jerry freakin Rice and is considered by many to be the steal of last years draft. Hes a legit #1 WR, and DEN is going to give him up for a 29 year old DE!?!? **** that!

I didn't say I would take it, I said MAYBE. Unfortunately Royal doesn't rush the passer and I bet there is no way in hell they take Marshall off our hands. But again I think at the end of the day I would be against it.

dbfan4life
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Is this the same dude with glasses that told Hotrod that Chad Mustard was freakin' awesome?

No. It was the topless guy that sold him the turtle. 8')

BroncosMT
03-06-2009, 09:21 AM
is McD thinking that the signing of Jabar Gaffney can take the place of Royal now that Stokley is in place???

TonyR
03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
is McD thinking that the signing of Jabar Gaffney can take the place of Royal now that Stokley is in place???

I wouldn't think so. To compare to the NE system one would think Royal = Welker and Gaffney = Gaffney.

Br0nc0Buster
03-06-2009, 09:28 AM

Just curious, how reliable would you consider your "sources"?

Broncoman13
03-06-2009, 09:29 AM

Wasn't it a few short hours ago that you were saying you would freak/melt down SoCal style if Royal was part of that trade? I think you're becoming a blink follower of whatever McD says... are you sure you'd give up Eddie Royal for anything at this point, knowing that BMarsh is likely gone for most of the season and then for good the year after!??

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Wasn't it a few short hours ago that you were saying you would freak/melt down SoCal style if Royal was part of that trade? I think you're becoming a blink follower of whatever McD says... are you sure you'd give up Eddie Royal for anything at this point, knowing that BMarsh is likely gone for most of the season and then for good the year after!??

I said Maybe thinking about the other side of the ball. And that first post was what you call a joke....... :thumbs:

There is no reason to melt down over any player.

Guess you missed this in my post just a few posts down the way too:

I didn't say I would take it, I said MAYBE. Unfortunately Royal doesn't rush the passer and I bet there is no way in hell they take Marshall off our hands. But again I think at the end of the day I would be against it.

So tell me where the fact that I said maybe I would consider it with a change in picks swapped does that make me a blink at McD guy? Because I support the coach and what the team is doing and think Cutler acted like a baby? So anyone who thinks that is "blinking" at whatever McD says. Thats just lame especially from the guy who was clamoring for McD .

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Just curious, how reliable would you consider your "sources"?

I certainly would not bet my life on what the guy says but he is usually pretty good.

I have no doubt conversations were taking place.

TheReverend
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Lol

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
The deal

wait for it

wait for it

is not done :nono:

The legs have fallen off this horse for now anyway. I dont think we are very fond of giving up Royal.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Good I think that would end up being too much to give up. Xanders is taking the right approach to this.

Gcver2ver3
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM

how likely do you think this will go down?...

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Good I think that would end up being too much to give up. Xanders is taking the right approach to this.

I agree not to mention they would still have to come up with some kind of contract with pep.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
how likely do you think this will go down?...

Read the last post on page 9. Not very likely in this format.

TheReverend
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Words can't even begin to describe how happy Hotrod makes me :)

theAPAOps5
I agree not to mention they would still have to come up with some kind of contract with pep.

When you told me Champ was off the table I actually got kind of skeptical of this. It worked with Champs contract leaving and Peppers coming in. But 2 rookie contracts wouldn't create a lot of free room to use.

Gcver2ver3

oh ok...

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Words can't even begin to describe how happy Hotrod makes me :)

Wait you like Hotrod? Who am I to judge.......:welcome:

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:01 AM
When you told me Champ was off the table I actually got kind of skeptical of this. It worked with Champs contract leaving and Peppers coming in. But 2 rookie contracts wouldn't create a lot of free room to use.

It could have been done but it would have been painful

24champ
03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
If Cutler was going to get traded, then Royal isn't untouchable.

Champ could be traded as well, I haven't heard a peep on extension talks.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah but when you think about Marshall then think about Royal and the character and professionalism he brings that makes him untouchable one would think.

alkemical
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Dortoh - you little s*** That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back.

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I told Dortoh that his reputation is going to make people doubt him. LOL

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Dortoh - you little s*** That's seriously a bunch of ****! All I have tried to do in this game is to be a friend and confidant. And what do I get in return? Stabbed in the ****ing back!

Seriously, I've learned the true nature of some of my "friends" by playing this game. You a-holes act so superior to everyone. I should start posting things I've heard about some of you. Knock you off your ****ing high post a little.

Enjoy your stupid little game, a-holes! Newsflash! I only played this stupid ****ing game to have conversation fodder - the unintentional comedy kind. That's right, you ****ers - I am going to spend the next ****ing year making fun of you to my real friends - the kind that don't stab me in the ****ing back.

LOL

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I told Dortoh that his reputation is going to make people doubt him. LOL

Its the price I pay for being a smart ass all the time

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I forget now who orginally wrote that was it Dom?

alkemical
03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I forget now who orginally wrote that was it Dom?

I was looking for the other one - but ran out of patience.

24champ
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah but when you think about Marshall then think about Royal and the character and professionalism he brings that makes him untouchable one would think.

One could say the same about Champ Bailey. He is the Consumate pro.

We should extend him, I would love that because it would just piss off Lex and Socalorado.LOL

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
One could say the same about Champ Bailey. He is the Consumate pro.

We should extend him, I would love that because it would just piss off Lex and Socalorado.LOL

Thats a good point anything that pisses off Lex works for me.

baja
03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
You got them Hook line and sinker. ;D

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:26 AM
You got them Hook line and sinker. ;D

What? the conversations did indeed happen

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Told you that people would doubt you! :spit:

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Told you that people would doubt you! :spit:

I almost hope this deal goes thru now Ha!

theAPAOps5
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I almost hope this deal goes thru now Ha!

Being vindicated isn't worth losing Royal!

Hotrod
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Being vindicated isn't worth losing Royal!

Its a toss up :)

actually I agree and am happy the deal is stuck in the mud.