PDA

View Full Version : How Long Before....

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Now that Chris Simms is signed.

How long do you think that we will be in a Quarterback Controversy?

TheDave
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Someone here Heav will suggest it before preseason is over...

Killericon
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Someone here just did.

Los Broncos
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd say below .500.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Someone here just did.

Besides Kyle Shanahan...

Archer81
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
So Chris signs at 2pm...this post comes in at 10:47...6 hours, 47 minutes...

:Broncos:

Taco John
03-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Anyone else have a sense that we're going to draft a QB in a mid round? Would probably be a smart move to be 3 deep at the position.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Anyone else have a sense that we're going to draft a QB in a mid round? Would probably be a smart move to be 3 deep at the position.

Only if he is really hell bent on getting rid of Cutler. #6 seems to be very durable to me.

Well, that and if Both Cutler and Simms go down your screwed anyways.

Archer81
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM

Rhett Bomar. Anyone, anyone?

Taco John
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Only if he is really hell bent on getting rid of Cutler. #6 seems to be very durable to me.

Well, that and if Both Cutler and Simms go down your screwed anyways.

I don't think it's about getting rid of Cutler, but rather buying insurance should Cutler split in two years.

Blueflame
03-04-2009, 10:36 PM

Well, that and if Cutler goes down your screwed anyways.

Fixed...

TheDave
03-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't think it's about getting rid of Cutler, but rather buying insurance should Cutler split in two years.

I think Simms will fill that need in the short term... but... I guess it wouldn't surprise me if he drafted another one.

Just another move i would disagree with.

OBF1
03-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Do you even think before posting this??? Cutler is the man period.

Dark Helmet
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
With Simms? You have to be joking.

BroncoInSkinland
03-05-2009, 03:38 AM
As there is no option for the Broncos never having a QB controversy while Cutler is on the team, I have opted not to vote in this one.

hambone13
03-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Let's just see if we can get past Monday.....

Drek
03-05-2009, 04:25 AM

And how will he accomplish that magical feat?

Short of absolutely sucking I mean.

Because if the NFL goes uncapped then he's an RFA in two years who can't even talk with other teams unless the Broncos waive him.

And if there is a cap? I don't see any way Cutler has success and doesn't get tagged.

He might leave, but someone will pay a king's ransom for that to happen.

Almost definitely. The Pats nearly always carried 3 QBs.

On the Pats' QB situation, the theory that McDaniels had a man crush on Cassel of some sort is wildly off-base. After McD was put in charge of the Pats offense (and lead them to a record setting season) the Pats then proceeded to use a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell. I.e. they drafted a guy specifically to take Cassel's job and be Brady's long term replacement.

Just so happened that Cassel shined when given the chance. But the notion that McDaniels loved Cassel from the start is a myth on par with big foot.

I'm expecting us to make a pretty Cassel-esque draft in this QB class, as there aren't really many standouts. I'm betting its Todd Boeckman out of Ohio State. Solid starter who lost his job so that the #1 recruit in the country (Terrell Pryor) could see action. But he was still the team captain and still helped lead the team. He's big (6'4", 242) which McDaniels prefers in his QBs and he's got solid all around skills. He'll make a good 3rd QB who will be able to replace Sims in a couple years, at which point we'll draft Cutler's eventual replacement to take over the 3rd string job.

barryr
03-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Signing Simms means nothing about Cutler leaving or whatever. I can't believe that needs to be explained.

Drafting a QB sometime in the draft, likely mid to late, would be a wise move. The deeper you are at QB, the better.

oubronco
03-05-2009, 05:34 AM
never Chrissy sucks

cmhargrove
03-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Rhett Bomar. Anyone, anyone?

Bomar's Senior Bowl performance could vault him into rounds 2-3. He would be a great value if he falls to the fourth.

dbfan21
03-05-2009, 06:48 AM
After reading some of the posts and giving greater thought to the topic, I can se McD drafting a QB in the mid rounds, 4th or 5th...esp since we have 2 5th's. Let's just hope Jay doesn't have a hissy over it.

Mogulseeker
03-05-2009, 06:59 AM
It won't happen. Cutler is our QB.

Bronco Yoda
03-05-2009, 07:26 AM
16-0 peeps!

write it down :)

Pick Six
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
What are you smoking, Soldier? Cutler would have to have a MASSIVE meltdown for that to happen. He's considered "untouchable" by many here on the Mane. Simms has accomplished NOTHING in his NFL tenure...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Peope Make no mistake. I know how my quarterback is. The question is do you.

Look at the question. How long do you think that we will be in a Quarterback Controversy?

Anybody who thinks that Simms could hold Cutler's jock is dreaming or just unrealistic about what the QB position is about. Look if get the same Defense as we had the last year, we will be .500 or worse and it won't matter what Cutler does. Everybody looks at Culter's INTs. How many came when we were behind?

Look at the options. The fact that you answered basiclly means whatever you answered you should have just picked that last 1. Screw it, we have one right now.

Florida_Bronco
03-05-2009, 08:59 PM

ROFL!

Anaximines
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
not with Chris Simms