PDA

View Full Version : Sign To!

Taco John
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
In first with the "SIGN TO!" post...

/don't really want to sign TO

DBroncos4life
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
If we had it to over again would you rather have Owens/Jennings or Marshall/Walker?

lazarus4444
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
We may need him if marshall is suspended, just saying.

AbileneBroncoFan
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I would rather have Matt ****ing Cassel than TO. Hell, I'd rather have Ashley Lelie than TO.

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
don't really want to sign TO

stop lying...deep inside u know you want him here...:P

Dudeskey
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
We may need him if marshall is suspended, just saying.

He has about as good of hands as Marshall...

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL...I was just speculating that the broncos might go after him due to the latest BM Wife Beater charge

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
LOL...I was just speculating that the broncos might go after him due to the latest BM Wife Beater charge

if we had Shanny, you know he'd do it...

GreatBronco16
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
McD helped turn Moss around....................just saying.

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM

we have been the most talked about team in the NFL this offseason...

may as well keep the party going...

just sayin...

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
give him a 1 year deal so we can use him for when Marshall is out. the guy is a TD magnet and is fine in an organization for 1 year and then becomes a dick. give him a 1 year deal and go from there.

Dagmar
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
stop lying...deep inside u know you want him here...:P

TJ wants TO deep inside him?!?!?

GreatBronco16
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
we have been the most talked about team in the NFL this offseason...

may as well keep the party going...

just sayin...

LOL

Dagmar
http://indiefixx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/il_430xn16094345.jpg

SlipperyPete

He did? If the events of the last several days tell us anything, it's that McDaniels isn't exactly an expert in dealing with fragile egos.

Gcver2ver3
TJ wants TO deep inside him?!?!?

eerr...ok we can go with that...:yayaya:

bombquixote
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

so what are you trying to say?...u don't want him here?...

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 09:24 PM
LOL....

where are all those old TO threads from a few years ago??!?!

Killericon
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
What does "sign to" mean?

extralife
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Sure, first our coach throws our QB under the bus, then our media does it, lets go ahead and make sure we get a WR to do it too.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Considering the circus we've become... nothing would surprise me.

OBF1
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
38 TD's in 3 years is some serious scoring.... We have not seen that since TD.

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
LOL....

where are all those old TO threads from a few years ago??!?!

don't make me bump one...

i started one a few years back when shanny brought him in for a visit...

it was hilario!...

Mr Chatterboodamn
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I really like when Jim Rome calls him "to"

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM

your posts seems to be just a lil bit funnier reading when avatars are on...

just sayin...

TDmvp
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/492/shootthedog.jpg
Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
don't make me bump one...

i started one a few years back when shanny brought him in for a visit...

it was hilario!...

TOO LATE!Ha! Ha! Ha!

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
TOO LATE!Ha! Ha! Ha!

and it comes full circle...Ha!

Taco John
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Raiders or the Redskins.

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
If we can get his mouth wired shut bring him in if not no to TO.

Boss Man
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
**** we have enough locker room problems, with the addition of TO we might as well take over for Barnum and bailey cuz this team would be the biggest train wreck in history

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I highly doubt McDaniels would sign T.O.

That is the last headache a 32 year old rookie head coach needs....especially after the Cutler blunder.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
your posts seems to be just a lil bit funnier reading when avatars are on...

just sayin...

Nick does help to express my point. :~ohyah!:

lostknight
03-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Here is where we see how things go. Remember that Moss had the same reputation that TO had now. It is going to be interesting to see if McDaniel's has been burned enough by Bellicheck to duplicate that move or not.

Los Broncos
03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
No way he comes here, but if he did we would crush any team on offense.

Taco John
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
38 TD's in 3 years is some serious scoring.... We have not seen that since TD.

And they still cut him...

It's incredible to think about - that kind of scoring, and they're like,

"Well............bye!"

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

watermock
03-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Sure, why not.

Jones is still paying his salary just like Bowlen is paying Shanny's.

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Nick does help to express my point. :~ohyah!:

no doubt...if we ever vote for avies to go into the OMane HOF...yours is first ballot...:approve:

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
go figure we are already speculated as a team interested in TO...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Citing "two sources," ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cowboys have released Terrell Owens.

While his $3.1M roster bonus wasn't due until June, Dallas ultimately decided that T.O.'s locker-room politics outweighed arguably being the team's best offensive player. The move causes a $680,000K cap hit, but saves Jerry Jones $5.77M in cash. T.O. has a lot left -- he averaged 18.9 yards a catch and scored five TDs in the Cowboys' last eight games -- and may draw interest from the Raiders, Redskins, Jets, and Broncos. Receiver-needy teams almost certain to pass include Chicago, Philadelphia, and Miami.

extralife
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Remember that Moss had the same reputation that TO had now.

I don't understand this mindset, popular as it may be. In what manner are the two alike? Moss never mouthed off and never had teammates that publicly disliked him. He never threw his QBs under the bus. Conversely, TO has never gotten into trouble off the field and never dogged it when things weren't working out.

Moss worked out in NE because he genuinely appreciates playing for a talented QB and is ok with putting aside his ego in order to win. TO would have failed because NE was already a team with super bowl titles; TO wouldn't have been the reason they won. It wouldn't have been about TO. TO also chaffes under coaches with strong personalities and resents all of his quarterbacks.

GreatBronco16
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Marshall, TO, and Royal.

OMG, could imagine the drama?

What the hell, do it. A lot of people complain how this team never gets any media exposure, well here is our chance to basically keep NFLN and ESPing talking about nothing but the Broncos.

SIGN HIM!!!

Gcver2ver3
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Marshall, TO, and Royal.

OMG, could imagine the drama?

What the hell, do it. A lot of people complain how this team never gets any media exposure, well here is our chance to basically keep NFLN and ESPing talking about nothing but the Broncos.

SIGN HIM!!!

it would be one wild ride...8')

DBroncos4life
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Denver. I think we have a hot shot young coach that has a huge ego. I don't think you will find that many my way or the highway rookie coaches under the age of 35 in the NFL that have yet to prove themselves worthy of the title HC without big brass balls. Then when you stop and think about who he has learned under makes the move seem atleast plausible.

Popps
03-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Denver. I think we have a hot shot young coach that has a huge ego. I don't think you will find that many my way or the highway rookie coaches under the age of 35 in the NFL that have yet to prove themselves worthy of the title HC without big brass balls. Then when you stop and think about who he has learned under makes the move seem atleast plausible.

Where's your proof? Because he listened to offers for Cutler?

That's a coaches job, man.

What else? He cut some guys? GOOD. ****ing GOOD. John Engelberger? GOOD. We were a joke last year.

What else? He's bringing in his guys? Guys who fit his system?

That's exactly what Kubiak did down in Houston. I haven't heard one person on this board say he's got a "huge ego."

There's absolutely no proof that this guy has any more ego than any other head coach in the league. He's not saying he's got a bigger brain than Bill Walsh, like Cutler's "stronger arm than Elway."

McDaniels hasn't done ONE abnormal thing outside of POTENTIALLY not covering up the fact that he listened to a trade offer well enough, and we don't even know the real details on that.

So, this "big ego" nonsense is a fabrication of some folks around here who have a tender ass because Jay got his feelings hurt.

What do you want this guy to do... come in and let the inmates run the asylum? Should he ask permission from Sheffler before he signs anyone? Maybe he should post a poll on the Orange Mane to make sure it's O.K. with us?

Christ. Mike Shanahan had the biggest ego on the face of the planet, and it probably helped him build the SB teams that he did. McDaniels is just doing his job, and if he's confident enough to move forward as he sees fit... then so be it.

extralife
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Settle down, Popps. McD ain't going to be filing for divorce anytime soon, if you know what I'm saying.

watermock
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
God Popps or whatever.

Tell us more about Hillis....

Popps
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
God Popps or whatever.

Tell us more about Hillis....

Ummmm.....

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM

What else? He cut some guys? GOOD. ****ing GOOD. John Engelberger? GOOD. We were a joke last year.

That's exactly what Kubiak did down in Houston. I haven't heard one person on this board say he's got a "huge ego."

There's absolutely no proof that this guy has any more ego than any other head coach in the league. He's not saying he's got a bigger brain than Bill Walsh, like Cutler's "stronger arm than Elway."

McDaniels hasn't done ONE abnormal thing outside of POTENTIALLY not covering up the fact that he listened to a trade offer well enough, and we don't even know the real details on that.

So, this "big ego" nonsense is a fabrication of some folks around here who have a tender ass because Jay got his feelings hurt.

What do you want this guy to do... come in and let the inmates run the asylum? Should he ask permission from Sheffler before he signs anyone? Maybe he should post a poll on the Orange Mane to make sure it's O.K. with us?

Christ. Mike Shanahan had the biggest ego on the face of the planet, and it probably helped him build the SB teams that he did. McDaniels is just doing his job, and if he's confident enough to move forward as he sees fit... then so be it.

QFT.

OMG, I can't believe I just said that.;)

Broncosfreak_56
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
In first with the "SIGN TO!" post...

/don't really want to sign TO

http://www.aolcdn.com/channels/03/02/452a9f02-003e5-074a5-400cb8e1

Taco John
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM

I don't think that the "listening" to the trade offers is the problem that Cutler had over this situation. Cutler was specifically upset about being lied to. The more this story has unravelled, the more clear it's become that he was, in fact, lied to.

Vladimir
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
this could get interesting

FireFly
03-05-2009, 01:50 AM
He won't take a 1 year deal. And someone will sign him

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 02:06 AM
I don't think that the "listening" to the trade offers is the problem that Cutler had over this situation. Cutler was specifically upset about being lied to. The more this story has unravelled, the more clear it's become that he was, in fact, lied to.

Is there a report somewhere that quotes McD telling Cutler that he didn't listen to the trade ideas from other teams, or basically telling Jay that non of it happened?

From what I've read. Teams went to the Broncos to propose a trade for Cutler. McD and company listened to what they were offering. The Broncos then told them no. The media gets wind of it. The media runs to Cutler to ask how he feels about it, before McD even thinks about calling Cutler to inform him of what has happend. Cutler throws a fit and then says that the Broncos are now lying to him about how it happend. From all the crap that I have read around here, this is basically what I gathered happend.

SPORTSWRITER
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
He did? If the events of the last several days tell us anything, it's that McDaniels isn't exactly an expert in dealing with fragile egos.

Exactly! McD's ego is too fragile to deal with anyone else's ego. Not to mention that his maturity level is also quite low.

hambone13
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM

Yeah but maybe that's what TO needs? I mean a 32 year old unproven head coach who treats you like a dirty biiiiiach? The premise works great on hot fake blond princesses? Maybe TJ is on to something?

hambone13
03-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Here is where we see how things go. Remember that Moss had the same reputation that TO had now. It is going to be interesting to see if McDaniel's has been burned enough by Bellicheck to duplicate that move or not.

Who are you, where did you come from and why didn't you stay there?

hambone13
03-05-2009, 02:48 AM

It's so damn funny to watch you say, "who says he has a huge ego?" while you wrap the whole thing up saying, "all head coaches have huge egos, his just isn't huuuuger".

Classic Popps post. You got in your Engleberger digs AND didn't fail at saying absolutely nothing at all....I'd love to watch a game with you live cause I wouldn't be able to stand up due to uncontrollable laughter. I'd just make sure the DVR was on so I could actually go watch the game later......

hambone13
03-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Is there a report somewhere that quotes McD telling Cutler that he didn't listen to the trade ideas from other teams, or basically telling Jay that non of it happened?

From what I've read. Teams went to the Broncos to propose a trade for Cutler. McD and company listened to what they were offering. The Broncos then told them no. The media gets wind of it. The media runs to Cutler to ask how he feels about it, before McD even thinks about calling Cutler to inform him of what has happend. Cutler throws a fit and then says that the Broncos are now lying to him about how it happend. From all the crap that I have read around here, this is basically what I gathered happend.

Here is everything you have to know.....all wrapped up in a neat little package.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/avoid-a-wreck-at-all-costs-209062.html

If you have any questions, just read it again.

MechanicalBull
03-05-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm thinking the Jets or the Raiders.

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Here is everything you have to know.....all wrapped up in a neat little package.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/avoid-a-wreck-at-all-costs-209062.html

If you have any questions, just read it again.

Yep, exactly what I said.

hambone13
03-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Yep, exactly what I said.

Your summary that I responded to didn't address "specifically" that it was pretty obvious "between the lines" that McD looked Cutler straight in the face and said, "You're our guy", Jay responded by sticking around Dove Valley for a couple of weeks to get a head start on the new system, came out to the media during that time and recanted anything that he may have implied to the media, FO and his agent and said publicly, "Josh and I are on the same sheet of music now and I'm excited....etc. etc.", then last weekend hit which proved he wasn't in fact totally dedicated to the Cutler regime, and he had had the hooks out while he was looking Jay in the face saying otherwise.

McD knew Jay was edgy, he calmed him down personally saying he was man while he was in fact dangling the hook. Business or not, he spoke with a forked tongue and Jay trusted him. It turns out, he wasn't "completely" dedicated, he was just "pretty sure". He wasn't completely dishonest, he just wasn't all the way honest....... and he didn't do anything about it expediently when it finally came out that the deal he wanted didn't come through.

It's like that hot chick with a great rack, ass and legs that you're not quite sure is right for you in the long term but she's great in the sack and she looks good on your arm. She wants to believe you to love her and you're doing everything you can to make sure she feels that way w/o using the "L" word, then she finds out you were hanging out with your high school sweetheart over the weekend....You talked about getting back together but you both knew it just wasn't gonna happen and you didn't "Hit It" but you sucked a little face and played with her boobies a little bit.......then your hotty finds out you were in fact visiting your mom but you spent most of the time with your high school sweetheart....

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Your summary that I responded to didn't address "specifically" that it was pretty obvious "between the lines" that McD looked Cutler straight in the face and said, "You're our guy", Jay responded by sticking around Dove Valley for a couple of weeks to get a head start on the new system, came out to the media during that time and recanted anything that he may have implied to the media, FO and his agent and said publicly, "Josh and I are on the same sheet of music now and I'm excited....etc. etc.", then last weekend hit which proved he wasn't in fact totally dedicated to the Cutler regime, and he had had the hooks out while he was looking Jay in the face saying otherwise.

McD knew Jay was edgy, he calmed him down personally saying he was man while he was in fact dangling the hook. Business or not, he spoke with a forked tongue and Jay trusted him. It turns out, he wasn't "completely" dedicated, he was just "pretty sure". He wasn't completely dishonest, he just wasn't all the way honest....... and he didn't do anything about it expediently when it finally came out that the deal he wanted didn't come through.

It's like that hot chick with a great rack, ass and legs that you're not quite sure is right for you in the long term but she's great in the sack and she looks good on your arm. She wants to believe you to love her and you're doing everything you can to make sure she feels that way w/o using the "L" word, then she finds out you were hanging out with your high school sweetheart over the weekend....You talked about getting back together but you both knew it just wasn't gonna happen and you didn't "Hit It" but you sucked a little face and played with her boobies a little bit.......then your hotty finds out you were in fact visiting your mom but you spent most of the time with your high school sweetheart....

Ok so we all believe when McD told Cutler that he was their guy, but nobody wants to believe that these team came calling the Broncos, and all McD did was listen to them and maybe just stir the pot a little, but had no intention of trading Cutler?

Basically, the media wasn't there when this happend, and all they have to go by is what other people who probably don't know what's going on said.

Now with that said, everyone just picks which side they want to believe. Thanks, I had already figured that one out.

hambone13
03-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Ok so we all believe when McD told Cutler that he was their guy, but nobody wants to believe that these team came calling the Broncos, and all McD did was listen to them and maybe just stir the pot a little, but had no intention of trading Cutler?

Basically, the media wasn't there when this happend, and all they have to go by is what other people who probably don't know what's going on said.

Now with that said, everyone just picks which side they want to believe. Thanks, I had already figured that one out.

No, the whole point is, the teams wouldn't have been calling if it hadn't been put out to the market that he was available if the right deal were put together. 3 way deals wouldn't have been slung around if it wasn't already known they were open to the deal. That was Jay's point. If McD would have looked him in the eye and said, "no one is bigger than the team, let's see what happens." Jay would have had his sally little go hurt because they considered Cassell but at least the coach wouldn't have been speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 05:16 AM
No, the whole point is, the teams wouldn't have been calling if it hadn't been put out to the market that he was available if the right deal were put together. 3 way deals wouldn't have been slung around if it wasn't already known they were open to the deal. That was Jay's point.

Actually that is just more speculation. I have seen no proof that McD was shopping Cutler. You would think the media would have found out BEFORE teams came a calling that McD was shopping Jay. Everyone has a thought about how this happend, regardless of the actual facts. And the fact is, McD 'listened' to offers, and turned them down. Now that is straight from his mouth, just because nobody wants to believe him is besides the point. And Until I see or read something from a credible source that says that McD was in fact shopping Jay around under the radar where nobody knew about it, then I'm sorry, I'm just not going to believe everybody elses 'view' on what happened.

GreatBronco16
03-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Also, McD doesn't have the power to make the trades. If he was in fact wanting to shop Jay, then he would have had to go to the GM and tell him this, then the GM would have put it in motion. And if that is the case, then it's the GMs fault for being stupid enough for doing it.

maher_tyler
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
What does "sign to" mean?

Yea i don't get it either

Mogulseeker
03-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Sign TO.

TO = Terell Owens

Don't do it. We wont come cheap. He's old. His ego is ridiculous.

maher_tyler
03-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Sign TO.

TO = Terell Owens

Don't do it. We wont come cheap. He's old. His ego is ridiculous.

Ha! i was joking

I think we should sign him to a 2 year deal and move Royal to the slot...our O would be unstoppable...BUT i think he goes to a team like the Bucs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647

TailgateNut
03-05-2009, 06:30 AM

True, but re:TO, No more DramaQueens

Mogulseeker
03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Ha! i was joking

I think we should sign him to a 2 year deal and move Royal to the slot...our O would be unstoppable...BUT i think he goes to a team like the Bucs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647

Royal WOULD be good in the slot, but I thought that's what we have Stokley for. Still B-marsh, TO, Royal, Stokley would be quite a receiving corps (plus you have the TEs, which of course McD doesn't use apparently ... and if Hillis goes back to FB, I'd at least like to see him pick up a lot of receptions.)

I'm still scratching my head on the Gaffney signing... I wouldn't sign TO. Maybe if we still had Shanahan, but I doubt the guy would come cheap enough.

I say he ends up in Tampa.

HorseHead
03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
we don't need to sign that Alien....

"sniff...sniff...that's my Quarterback...sniff...sniff..."

A year later, he throws the guy under the bus...

Pony Boy
03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
After some serious thought, I'm kind of torn between "No" and "Hell No" !!!!!

Hogan11
03-05-2009, 08:29 AM
The Raiders are his only logical choice.....so basically, He's done. Lot's of long faces and weeping in Bristol today Ha!

The day he's out of the league for good will be a great day for the NFL, I personally hope he's snubbed by all the teams and blackballed...he deserves no less.

Old Dude
03-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Raiders, Jets. Maybe the Titans or Bills. He'll land somewhere. And then the drama will start again.

MileHighMagic
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm a bit worried that he will go to the Bolts.

Crushaholic
03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
If the defense was a little bit better last year, I would say "maybe". As it stands, we don't need that media whore sucking up cap space...