PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Smell That?

cmhargrove
03-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Adding RB and WR free agents. A Long snapper (that hopefully can play Guard or Center in a pinch). Now, our backup QB.

It smells like a defense heavy draft is a comin'.

Bring on the LB's and D-line. Pick 'em early, pick 'em often. I like that smell.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Adding RB and WR free agents. A Long snapper (that hopefully can play Guard or Center in a pinch). Now, our backup QB.

It smells like a defense heavy draft is a comin'.

Bring on the LB's and D-line. Pick 'em early, pick 'em often. I like that smell.

I agree. I'm betting Cushing or Rey for the #12 pick.

jebures
03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Rohirrim;2316799]I agree. I'm betting Cushing or Rey for the #12 pick.[/QUOTE

WR, Book it, haha jk i would like to see Tyson Jackson or if Raji fell that far. It seems like we are filling a lot of holes with FA so we may trade up to get raji

Traveler
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I smell a Julius Peppers trade coming.

brncs_fan
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
If we pick Rey at #12 after the combine he had, I would be very upset.

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Combine is overrated. I prefer football players, Rey is a beast of a player on the field. I agree, we are going big on Defense. I say LB in the 1st, DL in 2 and 3, and then best available D player after that.

ayjackson
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Didn't Rey totally rip his hammy or something? Day 2, if true.

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2009, 10:27 PM

would you seriously want to give him a deal similar to Haynesworth's?

no way in hell do i give him that much to come in and play OLB in a 3-4 for us.

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
if we do bring in Ray Lewis it will be Tyson Jackson or Cushing in the 1st. if we don't it will be Tyson Jackson or Maualuga in the 1st

i think Jackson seems the most logical. pair him with Peterson and we have our ends set for the next few years at least.

OBF1
03-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Ray Lewis resigned with the Ravens today. I am going with Jackson from LSU in the 1st

Traveler
03-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Interesting lineup if Jackson is the selection

DE-Tyson Jackson
NT-Ron Fields
DE-Marcus Thomas

OLB-Dumervil
ILB-Andra Davis
ILB-DJ Williams
OLB-Julius Peppers (if trade happens) Jarvis Moss is the fall back.

CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Renaldo Hill
SS-Brian Dawkins
CB-Andre Goodman

Still not sure Cutler won't be traded on draft day despite claims to the contrary.

cmhargrove
03-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Interesting lineup if Jackson is the selection

DE-Tyson Jackson
NT-Ron Fields
DE-Marcus Thomas

OLB-Dumervil
ILB-Andra Davis
ILB-DJ Williams
OLB-Julius Peppers (if trade happens) Jarvis Moss is the fall back.

CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Renaldo Hill
SS-Brian Dawkins
CB-Andre Goodman

Still not sure Cutler won't be traded on draft day despite claims to the contrary.

If we are going to trade Cutler, it will be at his request (as per the "meeting" next week) and it will be before the draft.

I think Cutler sucks this one up and stays with the team. The Broncos will eventually pay for their mistake with Cutler's next contract.

cmhargrove
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM

I don't smell it anymore.

I used to be a big supporter of the theory, but not at his asking price. It's not even about the first round pick, his contract would be insane. I would love to have Peppers the player, but he is in full "Peppernomics" mode right now. It's too much for a rebuilding team to bear imo.

You buy a guy like Peppers when it's the "icing on the cake" that will get you to the Superbowl. You don't pay his contract for a couple years of rebuilding.

Traveler
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't smell it anymore.

I used to be a big supporter of the theory, but not at his asking price. It's not even about the first round pick, his contract would be insane. I would love to have Peppers the player, but he is in full "Peppernomics" mode right now. It's too much for a rebuilding team to bear imo.

You buy a guy like Peppers when it's the "icing on the cake" that will get you to the Superbowl. You don't pay his contract for a couple years of rebuilding.

I actually agree with you. But McD and staff been anything but predictable, so I won't rule it out.

They've signed 12 players, but only spent an approximately 41 million total in guaranteed money spread out over 3-4 years. EddieMAC, please correct me if I'm wrong. That leaves us (i'm guessing here) with around 20 million in 09 cap space (minus the rookie cap).