PDA

View Full Version : OMG They Kept Kenny!!

rugbythug
03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
PETERSON STAYS PUT IN DENVER
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:42 p.m.

The Broncos have taken a break from signing free agents from other teams to keep one of their own.

Per a league source, defensive lineman Kenny Peterson has agreed to terms with the club on a three-year deal.

Peterson, a six-year veteran, was a third-round pick of the Packers in 2003. He was cut by Green Bay in September 2006, and has spent the last three seasons with the Broncos.

Broncosfreak_56
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
He had some pretty good games last year.

barryr
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
He fits a 3-4 type defense too.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
He's the only legitimate 3-4 DE on the roster. Why wouldn't they keep him?

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
http://billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/basinbeat/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/kenny.jpg
Now, if we can just keep the little ****er alive.

cmhargrove

I second that - good keeper.

Remember, he was a DE on a national championship team when he came out of college. I think he's got the skills to really help, especially playing from the outside.

Crushaholic
Kenny was pretty good...at times. Hopefully, he'll provide some much needed depth...

TDmvp
http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/lombardi_trophy3.jpg

Popcorn Sutton
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Damn, you beat me... :notworthy

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I second that - good keeper.

Remember, he was a DE on a national championship team when he came out of college. I think he's got the skills to really help, especially playing from the outside.

Way back then, me and Mock were pleading his case to get drafted here. Strange how things turn out.

bowtown
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Good signing.

broncosteven
03-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank god for some Dline Depth!

crush17
03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Did we do anything about Weigman yet?

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Smart move....I was hoping we would keep Peterson.

barryr
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM

Marcus Thomas should be able to play there too.

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
you bastard!

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Maybe the only D-lineman who made any real progress here last year.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Marcus Thomas should be able to play there too.

I'm hoping. Actually, I have a wild hair that McChesney might be given a shot at his old college position.

montrose
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
DE Peterson re-signs with Broncos
By Adam Schefter

Free agent defensive end Kenny Peterson has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Denver Broncos.

Peterson played in 16 games for the Broncos last season, recording 24 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/04/de-p...-with-broncos/

crush17
03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
What about Weigman?? Have we done anything for him yet?

RMT
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
no real surprise here when peterson and mcdaniels went to the same HS and peterson played HS ball with mcdaniels younger brother.

SureShot
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Are you referring to our Pro Bowl center who now makes less than our shiny new snapper? Obviously its not important as they have been getting the game breaker JJ Arrington signed.

chickennob2
03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Well the offseason program doesn't start for a while now, right? OTA's and whatnot. So why would they worry about a guy under contract in Weigman right now? Focus on FA, as there is a competitive time frame in which to sign them. Once that cools off, then turn your attention to Casey. He's not going anywhere in the meantime. Stay focused on the task at hand.

Br0nc0Buster
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
good
Peterson is decent
I kind of just assumed Thomas would start and end, but one article made it would like if we signed Holiday, he would start opposite that former Colts tackle we got

dbfan4life
03-04-2009, 02:57 PM

I think we're posting Stanley Cup's now. Get with the program, dude.

crush17
03-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Well the offseason program doesn't start for a while now, right? OTA's and whatnot. So why would they worry about a guy under contract in Weigman right now? Focus on FA, as there is a competitive time frame in which to sign them. Once that cools off, then turn your attention to Casey. He's not going anywhere in the meantime. Stay focused on the task at hand.

Casey has also flirted w/retirement which is why I would say he's a priority.

broncosteven
03-04-2009, 03:10 PM
good
Peterson is decent
I kind of just assumed Thomas would start and end, but one article made it would like if we signed Holiday, he would start opposite that former Colts tackle we got

That colts tackle we got is a ST'er not a starter.

HEAV
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM

Last I read/heard was last week and they where talking extension. I also would hope that this gets done soon.

broncosteven
03-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Last I read/heard was last week and they where talking extension. I also would hope that this gets done soon.

Maybe Paxton did some sexual favors for the chance to compete for the starting center job?

Or maybe the sexual favors were just for the contract.

Either way my son is going to learn how to long snap when he is old enough.

HEAV
03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe Paxton did some sexual favors for the chance to compete for the starting center job?

Or maybe the sexual favors were just for the contract.

Either way my son is going to learn how to long snap when he is old enough.

Either that or get him started in kick camps. Punter and Kickers can have longterm jobs.

cmhargrove
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I thought this was a funny tidbit from the NFL.com FA blog:

Afternoon free-agency frenzy
March 4, 2009 6:00 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

News is popping in the AFC West:

The Denver Post is reporting that the Broncos have resolved their contract issues with running back J.J. Arrington and have agreed to terms again. The team and Arrington had agreed to a deal on Friday but it fell apart on Saturday.

Denver now has three new running backs in Arrington, Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan. The addition of the veterans may mean it will be difficult for youngsters Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis to get extensive playing time.

Expect Buckhalter, Arrington and Jordan all to play fairly extensive roles. Jordan may be the short-yardage back and Arrington the third-down back.

The Houston Chronicle reports that Houston matched the offer restricted free agent receiver David Anderson received from Denver last week. Anderson likely would have been a No. 5 receiver with Denver.
Former Kansas City quarterback Damon Huard is headed to San Francisco. The Chiefs had no plans of bringing back Huard, who was a starter at times the past few seasons.
Denver has kept defensive lineman Kenny Peterson. He may be the only in-house free agent new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels keeps. The team thinks Peterson will fit in Denver's new 3-4 defensive alignment.
Interestingly, Peterson is the only holdover who knows McDaniels. The two were actually high school teammates in Canton, Ohio. McDaniels was a senior and Peterson was a freshman.

broncosteven
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Either that or get him started in kick camps. Punter and Kickers can have longterm jobs.

I concur.