PDA

View Full Version : Are you drinking the Josh McDaniels Kool Aid?

montrose
03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm da*n near drunk off of it. Only two options - no fence riding here. No "I'm waiting to see". Right now, today, are you buying into the system? Are you in or out?

Garcia Bronco
03-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't drink koolaid. It's not even good.

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 12:07 PM
nope....Mc****Face has more to prove than the QB.

OBF1
03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I am so drunk off of it, SoCalBroncos rants are almost making sense :)

Meck77
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Not sure we have a choice. You can either hope for the best and enjoy Broncos games or you can watch the games like a Raider fan would hoping we lose.

Besides Shanny's koolaid has been sour since 99 minus 2005.

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Not sure we have a choice. You can either hope for the best and enjoy Broncos games or you can watch the games like a Raider fan would hoping we lose.

we're almost there, meck. there's no continuity with this team.

God help our Broncos this year

vancejohnson82
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
yup....ive had my share and i'm holding onto some for later too

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm okay with the defensive changes so far.

Davis, Goodman, Dawkins and Hill combined for ten interceptions last year, compared to six by Denver's whole defense.

Rabb
for sure

Popps
Sure. Why not. If it flops, we'll move on. But, I like what I'm seeing thus far.

Man-Goblin
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

Dagmar
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM
11 - 6 for hell yeh so far, and the hell yeh people are good peeps!

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.dontclickthis.whatingods.name/oh-yeah.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Not impressed with the way he has handled the Cutler situation.

I do like the free agent signings to this point.

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Ha!

HILife
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
HEY KOOL-AID!!!

http://www.innerspaeth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kool-aidman.jpg

Arkansas Bronco
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Everyone thinks you have to pick a side. Well I dont, I dont care about all the BS and signings yet. Ill let ya know when the season is half way before I can tell anything.

Florida_Bronco
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, I'm still very excited for this season to start. While the Cutler situation has been a speed bump, I'm thinking that situation will be patched up real quick and everything will be ok when we start lighting people up on the field. :nice:

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Not impressed with the way he has handled the Cutler situation.

I do like the free agent signings to this point.

I love the signing except the LS why the **** spend a nickel on a position that is locked up by on of the best LS's in the league???

Can we say "Good ol boy club"

**** it pass me some more kool-aid with vodka

Hallside
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Hook line and sinker. At first, I took Jay's side in the weekend controversy. As more facts emerged and Jay continued to pout, I quickly realized that McDaniels has a good handle on things.

If it weren't for the Cutler controversy, I'd have no qualms whatsoever with our offseason. Hopefully, the draft will confirm this.

dbfan4life
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm staying the hell away from that drink until I find out what the hell he put in it!

montrose
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Everyone thinks you have to pick a side. Well I dont, I dont care about all the BS and signings yet. Ill let ya know when the season is half way before I can tell anything.

Obviously once the season starts we'll have more definitive results. The point here is to see if you've bought into the way he's decided to shift the makeup of this organization.

Traveler
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Decent moves thus far. I like most that everyone is on notice (save Champ).

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm staying the hell away from that drink until I find out what the hell he put in it!

word!

:afro:

Pick Six
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
McD is making this HIS team, and I like it...

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cx5YSp-ghS8/SR3S2LbNlBI/AAAAAAAAAqk/gEeWMxu-VJs/s320/jonestown.jpg

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Denver's teams have always been SOFT I like the idea Josh is going to push these guys. He is our coach I'm 100% behind him. He will do things I don't like but, its his job not mine I'm a fan. I like the fresh ideas smarter moves for the most part. How can't you love a new coach that makes the OM meltdown right away without giving him a full year or longer to make judgements this team is weak and needs a few offseasons to get stronger.

HAT
03-04-2009, 12:59 PM
It's not Shanny/Slowik...so yeah, I'm down.

lex
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
McD is making this HIS team, and I like it...

Why, whats so inherently great about that?

2KBack
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm more pleased now than ever with McD actually. I wasn't a fan of him as HC coach at first, but I really like the road the team is on now.

Also, the evolution of the mane has been amazing the last few days. The emotional swings are intense

alkemical
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
It was flavour-aid by the way... ;o)

Shoemaker
03-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in. I love the aggression in free agency. I love the signing of experienced, proven vets instead of "special teams stars" or value guys with bum knees and "potential."

The Cutler thing wasn't handled well, but I'll let that slide as a rookie mistake that got blown out of proportion.

The draft will be key. If we take the same approach in that as we have so far in free agency, I'll be extremely excited for this season.

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I love the signing except the LS why the **** spend a nickel on a position that is locked up by on of the best LS's in the league???

Can we say "Good ol boy club"

**** it pass me some more kool-aid with vodka

Dude, the over-under on Lonnie Whatever winning games for us on his own is at 2.5. Mark it down.

Blueflame
03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
The handling of the Cutler thing has me pretty well convinced that he's in over his head. He's got his job cut out for him to prove otherwise.

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
The handling of the Cutler thing has me pretty well convinced that he's in over his head. He's got his job cut out for him to prove otherwise.

I still dont understand what he did so awful.....answered the phone???

bronco militia
03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/DREW011209.gif

theAPAOps5
03-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I said yes because I thought for sure it would be lop sided towards hell no and I like to go against the stream! To my surprise its on the yes side! Can I change my vote?

theAPAOps5
03-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Its funny how people are such lemmings.

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking they should put dove valley on the no call list and put up a big "no solicitors" sign in the front yard.

theAPAOps5
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking they should put dove valley on the no call list and put up a big "no solicitors" sign in the front yard.

yeah but then these people would say well Mcstoopidpoopy head is just throwing people of the track. We know his is a big poopy breath.

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
yeah but then these people would say well Mcstoopidpoopy head is just throwing people of the track. We know his is a big poopy breath.

LOL and that folks sums up the week so far Ha!

Shoemaker
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM

You know, I really don't want to start an argument up again, but I'd kinda like this answered too.

I understand that people were displeased that McDaniels may have wanted to trade Cutler, but how has he shown that he isn't competent or doesn't know how to coach?

He considered (or maybe even proposed) a trade offer we didn't like, and the situation exploded on him. He probably should have talked to Jay first, but I doubt he anticipated Jay and the media would react quite as strongly.

All of his other moves have been aggressive, business-savvy, and brought in proven players and leaders.

He seems like he's got a pretty good handle on the job to me.

Kaylore
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm going to wait and see. He's making a lot of moves. Are they the right moves? We don't know yet.

Things I like

We're getting bigger.
We're getting guys that are team players.
He's focused on all sides of the ball.
No one's job is safe. Everyone will have to perform.
Everyone who's talked to him has "bought in." He's at least got guys believing.
He's getting guys in for decent prices.

Things I don't like

He and Xanders completely fumbled the Cutler situation. They should have known there would be a fallout.
They've immediately estranged the media. This will only add to the negative press and therefore pressure on the team.
Did they really need to spend that much on a long snapper when we had a perfectly good one already?
He's cutting guys that he could get some value for. You have to at least try.
He's a first time head coach, and those often don't work out.

Overall I like what he's doing. He's cleaning house and the country club Dove Valley has become is gone. Whether you love his moves or hate them, the Broncos are doing the right thing by giving this coach a fair shake. They're letting him get all his guys in and make all the moves he thinks he needs to make. This means in three years if we're no better off we can say we gave him a fair chance and he's just not good enough here.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm in. To infinity, and beyond!

dbfan4life
03-04-2009, 02:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cx5YSp-ghS8/SR3S2LbNlBI/AAAAAAAAAqk/gEeWMxu-VJs/s320/jonestown.jpg

Pretty much what I was thinking when I said I wanted to know what was in the kool-aid first!

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Did they really need to spend that much on a long snapper when we had a perfectly good one already?

Lonnie F'in Paxton...3 time superbowl winner. Plus wasn't he the guy that did the snow angel when Vinatieri beat the Raiders in the tuck game? He also was the snapper for all of Vinatieri's epic winning kicks.

Ah hell, it's just a long snapper. And now we can boast the 2nd highest paid long snapper in football. Welcome aboard, Lonnie.

Taco John
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
There's nothing to drink yet. I hope he makes good koolaid. But so far, we haven't done anything to address our team's most key perennial need: defensive line.

So far, we've done the same kind of Shanahan shuffle where we bring in some role players, add an aging but stud of a safety, add another corner-back, a couple of runningbacks, and shook up the roster enough to make people feel uncomfortable. The most substantially different thing that he's done so far was fumble a trade negotiation and turn a player situation into a national media spectacle.

I'm not against any of the moves we've made, but I don't see how anyone can be particularly excited about them at this point.

Man-Goblin
03-04-2009, 02:07 PM
He's cutting guys that he could get some value for. You have to at least try.

I assume you're speaking of Bly? Could they could have traded him with that contract?

The only other player I can think of that could have had some value was Alridge.

Kaylore
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I assume you're speaking of Bly? Could they could have traded him with that contract?

The only other player I can think of that could have had some value was Alridge.

His contract makes it very tough but you figure you gotta shop some of these guys at least. I don't see why Bly wouldn't have merited a conditional seventh in the vein of Foxworth last year.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 02:27 PM
We need an option somewhere between Hell Yes and **** no.

But since you are forcing an all or nothing answer... no.

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
We need an option somewhere between Hell Yes and **** no.

But since you are forcing an all or nothing answer... no.

Never the team player are ya Dave :nono:

colonelbeef
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
although I do not like either choice, I had to go with no.

I want to see something from him, the free agent choices were easy ones, the cap room was set aside by Shanahan for this very reason. I want to see him win a game he is supposed to lose handily.

The Cutler thing was a misstep, but I do believe he will be able to run the offense while delegating the defense to the very capable Nolan.

TheDave
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Never the team player are ya Dave :nono:

I'm just not a fan of trading 25 year old pro-bowl QB's for Scott Mitchel... Makes me question a everything he is doing.

But that's just me...

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm just not a fan of trading 25 year old pro-bowl QB's for Scott Mitchel... Makes me question a everything he is doing.

But that's just me...

Scott Mitchel just never had a McGenius to help guide him :)

PS who is Scott Mitchel

Blueflame
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM

He did more than just answer the phone... he got his azz handed to him PR-wise by his mentor and came out of the whole thing looking like the inexperienced rookie HC that he is.

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
He did more than just answer the phone... he got his azz handed to him PR-wise by his mentor and came out of the whole thing looking like the inexperienced rookie HC that he is.

I've just about had enough of your crap lady. I'll see you at OM weekend and we will discuss it over a cold beer :)

Blueflame
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I've just about had enough of your crap lady. I'll see you at OM weekend and we will discuss it over a cold beer :)

:D Only if I can buy the first round! ;D

theAPAOps5
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM

God you are so predictable. All it takes is a woman responding and you roll right over! :welcome:

Hotrod
03-04-2009, 03:11 PM
God you are so predictable. All it takes is a woman responding and you roll right over! :welcome:

Hey I resemble that remark.

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey I resemble that remark.

And here I thought you just resembled a weird-looking bird.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm da*n near drunk off of it. Only two options - no fence riding here. No "I'm waiting to see". Right now, today, are you buying into the system? Are you in or out?

I'm drinking it. We gotta give the guy a chance, just like we gave an up-and-coming Shanahan a chance.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2009, 03:19 PM

But that's just me...

I can only hope you are right! LOL

elsid13
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Scott Mitchel just never had a McGenius to help guide him :)

PS who is Scott Mitchel

The inventor of the snugglies jack ass. :wiggle:

summerdenver
03-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Nope. Not because of the way Cutler situation was handled. I don't believe in the efficacy of the system which tries to induce fear for the sake of inducing it. It has not worked for anyone other than Tuna and failed for everyone lese including BB when he tried it in Cle.

Having said that, we have no choice but hope that it will work here. If I were Bowlen, i will give him all the resources and support all his decisions and reevaluate after year 3.

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 03:35 PM
The inventor of the snugglies jack ass. :wiggle:

I think Josh should send Jay a Snugglie. Just to show there's no hard feelings. ;D

Br0nc0Buster
03-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes I like the way we seem to be headed
I want to see how the draft goes, but he is going out and bringing people in to help turn this defense around. They seem to have a plan in place.

As far as the Cutler deal, Cutler blew this situation up with his crying.

If Cutler can get over it, they wont have any problems

broncofan7
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I wanted Spagnuolo. I had no desire to dismantle our offense. Now do I like what McDip and Nolan have done with our Defense so far? The answer is yes. Do I like the fact that our starting QB, before even PRACTICING with our new coach at the helm feels as though he was betrayed by MCDip? NO.

elsid13
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
No I find the little dictator act tired and if you don't win quickly then the players lose respect for you to.

Tomlin is tough as any young coach in the league and he doesn't act like a dick to his players or play the ****ing Machiavellian games. In fact I wish we had someone like Tomlin. Smart young coach that keeps the things that work, provided leadership and is the overall coach of the team.

Lolad
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
No I find the little dictator act tired and if you don't win quickly then the players lose respect for you to.

Tomlin is tough as any young coach in the league and he doesn't act like a dick to his players or play the ****ing Machiavellian games. In fact I wish we had someone like Tomlin. Smart young coach that keeps the things that work, provided leadership and is the overall coach of the team.

I wish other people could understand this point. Mcidiot isn't getting a blank check from me. He wants to write his own legacy, fine I hope it doesn't blow up in his face for the sake of my Broncos.

The very same guys on his jock strap right now will be calling for his head

elsid13
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
The other thing, be your own coach. Don't try to be Belicheat clone.

USMCBladerunner
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
lol...there are plenty of FO moves the Steelers have made that have been controversial, except for the fact that you don't care about them, so you don't get all emotional and sore...Oh, and cutting players you don't like and bringing in guys you do isn't dictatorial, it's business as usual in the NFL.

spdirty
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
ask me this in a year.

listopencil
03-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I love it!

Ok, I'm only posting to see my avatar again.

KipCorrington25
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm getting this bad feeling he's a Belicheat mini me... now if he wins I'll love him but I'm not looking forward to his douch baggery, he learned from the master.

Arkansas Bronco
03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Along with the signing today, I stand by my first post and say let us let it be and see how it play's out and just stand with the team until we can tell.

UberBroncoMan
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
McTard needs to show me that he can earn the respect of the locker room and win games before I so much as look at the Kool Aid.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2009, 07:29 PM
McTard needs to show me that he can earn the respect of the locker room and win games before I so much as look at the Kool Aid.

YAH!

Oh btw, ease up on the LSD.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't think Casey Wiegmann resigns with us. I think he will be in Minny next year. They just lost Birk and I just don't see him coming back to something like this for his last year or so. Guys like Stokley don't speak out like that if they want to remain with the team. I wouldn't be shocked if he reworked his contract to be released. He knows he can go back to the Colts.

slyinky
03-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm on board but I have to admit that all the uncertainty that comes with this new regime makes me a little nervous. How does the Cutler/McDaniels relationship play out? Will Cutler flourish in the new offense? Will Hillis be a featured player? They will surely keep the zone blocking scheme, right? etc. etc. I'm both excited and anxious. This is going to be a long off season.

Archer81
03-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I already admitted the koolaid drinking. Like I said then, its delicious and loaded with riboflavin.

:Broncos:

BroncoInSkinland
03-05-2009, 06:25 AM
So far all I see is a bunch of mediocre signings, quality guys at the end of careers, or middling players who will fill out the rosters, but do not add anything of exceptional value. You take the positive of focusing on defense and low cost of the signings, and weigh it against the negative of alienating the franchise QB (regardless of how whiny that QB might be), and you've got a wash. Overall it is some pretty weak cool-aid. Ask me again when he starts using a soup spoon instead of a silver spoon to add the powder. In the mean time due to lack of other options I will go with hell no.