PDA

View Full Version : Carucci: McDaniels' 'cutthroat' approach puts Broncos players on edge

montrose
03-04-2009, 05:21 AM
McDaniels' 'cutthroat' approach puts Broncos players on edge
By Vic Carucci, NFL.com

These are extremely uncertain times for Denver Broncos players who once called Mike Shanahan their coach. And the trade talk surrounding quarterback Jay Cutler is only the tip of the iceberg that arrived in the Mile High City from New England in the form of new coach Josh McDaniels.

I've spent the past few days talking with people around the NFL and in Denver, and they describe an atmosphere of growing tension and anxiety among most members of the roster left over from the Shanahan regime.

Consider this take from tight end Tony Scheffler, a guest on a Sirius NFL Radio show that I co-hosted last night with Gil Brandt: "It's been pretty cutthroat so far."

That's hardly uncommon after a coaching change, but compared to countless transitions I've observed in 30 years of covering the NFL, this seems a bit rougher than others.

From everything I gather, McDaniels is wasting no time placing an emphatic stamp on the organization that things will be done far differently than in the past. The fact that the stamp bears a striking resemblance to the logo of the Patriots, McDaniels' previous employer, shouldn't come as a shock, yet it has been a shock to the systems of Broncos who generally operated in a setting that wasn't as tightly controlled or as -- how should we put this? -- frosty as the one guided by McDaniels' former boss, Bill Belichick.

I think some people allowed themselves to be fooled by the fact that McDaniels is only 32 and looks about 17 years younger than that. He obliterated the widely held notion that he was stepping into a virtual turn-key situation on offense by entertaining trade offers for Cutler, the Pro Bowl quarterback who guided an offense that ranked second overall and third in passing last season. Now Cutler is livid. Scheffler, who's as close with Cutler as any player on the team, characterized the quarterback as "hurt and upset."

Whether Cutler and McDaniels can establish even a minimal working relationship remains to be seen, but that could be a moot point if the quarterback is traded, which is a distinct possibility. Based on McDaniels' pursuit of Matt Cassel, whom he coached in New England, it's abundantly clear that he wants his own quarterback who will operate his low-risk, high-efficiency approach (which one doesn't readily associate with Cutler) his way.

Other Broncos also are casting a wary eye toward McDaniels and the program he's putting in place. Scheffler, who caught 89 passes the past two seasons, expressed concern about how little the tight end is used as a receiver in the Patriots' offense. And there's a general thought among several of Denver's offensive players that the new sheriff in town will try to fix what isn't broken.

"We were second in the NFL in yards, and you think you did a pretty good job and had a pretty good season on offense," Scheffler said. "To look forward to kind of coming in (for offseason workouts) and getting dissected is hard, but it's just part of the business. It's tough. It's a man's game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f0c99f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

jhat01
03-04-2009, 05:31 AM
People keep throwing out the fact that the team was 2nd in yards, 3rd in passing, blah blah blah. It's a farce...moving the ball between the 20's looks good on the stat sheets, but it's not an accurate measure of an offense.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-04-2009, 05:33 AM
The players need to stop celebrating the yardage totals. The only thing that matters is points and they didn't get enough.

theAPAOps5
03-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Good this team needs discipline.

Mogulseeker
03-04-2009, 05:45 AM
The players need to stop celebrating the yardage totals. The only thing that matters is points and they didn't get enough.

Exactly.

However, McDaniels should be taking what he's got and building from there. If we have TEs, use them. Use them in the spread.

broncofan7
03-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Scheff is one of my favorite Broncos--the fact that he is talking to the media and is now on the trade block with this new regime is not surprising. I actually welcome the new atmosphere that McDaniels seems to be bringing--DESPITE his even considering trading Jay---hopefully, this means we don't get hammered by Jokeland, IN DENVER ,next year or lose @ KC

colonelbeef
03-04-2009, 05:52 AM
People keep throwing out the fact that the team was 2nd in yards, 3rd in passing, blah blah blah. It's a farce...moving the ball between the 20's looks good on the stat sheets, but it's not an accurate measure of an offense.

This team would have been 1st in yardage and points by a wide margin if the run game hadn't been killed by freak injuries and the defense hadn't been so pathetic. A few more possessions, the ability to run close to the goal line, and slightly better field position starts- this team was dominant, especially considering the youth. Some of you are unable to see the forest for the trees.

lex
03-04-2009, 05:53 AM
This isnt necessary to win. I dont see the obsession with the Patriots. Ironically, one of the main reasons the Patriots won 2/3 SBs they did was because they had one of the best two QBs in the NFL in Brady. Note that they didnt trade Brady early in the 2000s when they realized he had trade value.

ol number 7
03-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Scheff is one of my favorite Broncos--the fact that he is talking to the media and is now on the trade block with this new regime is not surprising. I actually welcome the new atmosphere that McDaniels seems to be bringing--DESPITE his even considering trading Jay---hopefully, this means we don't get hammered by Jokeland, IN DENVER ,next year or lose @ KC

I don't really care what players are wearing the blue and orange jerseys. As long as I'm toasting them after my Superbowl party. Jay Cutler included.

lex
03-04-2009, 05:54 AM

Yeah, and hopefully he has a winning record against New England...or even wins 2 SBs in the first 4 years.

colonelbeef
03-04-2009, 05:57 AM
This isnt necessary to win. I dont see the obsession with the Patriots. Ironically, one of the main reasons the Patriots won 2/3 SBs they did was because they had one of the best two QBs in the NFL in Brady. Note that they didnt trade Brady early in the 2000s when they realized he had trade value.

The reason the Pats won was because of timely turnovers by an opportunistic defense, excellent special teams including an icey kicker, and a few terrible calls that went their way at crucial times. Brady is a good pocket passer with no ability to improvise or avoid the rush whatsoever, and it cost the Patriots in the Superbowl 1 year ago in a big way.

McDaniels does not know what he has in Cutler, losing him would be nothing short of moronic.

frerottenextelway
03-04-2009, 06:03 AM
One of New England's strengths is the trust and respect their players have for their head coach. This is something our coach is going to have to earn.

jhat01
03-04-2009, 06:10 AM
This team would have been 1st in yardage and points by a wide margin if the run game hadn't been killed by freak injuries and the defense hadn't been so pathetic. A few more possessions, the ability to run close to the goal line, and slightly better field position starts- this team was dominant, especially considering the youth. Some of you are unable to see the forest for the trees.

if if if if if...the broncos have been dominant between the 20's for a number of years. The turnover problems, the redzone problems, and the adjustment problems have been well documented. We've moved the ball at will for the last several years, but don't score with the elite teams. If that makes me blind to the forest then so be it. I'm just tired of the "top offenses" crap being thrown around...I don't buy it.

colonelbeef
03-04-2009, 06:25 AM
if if if if if...the broncos have been dominant between the 20's for a number of years. The turnover problems, the redzone problems, and the adjustment problems have been well documented. We've moved the ball at will for the last several years, but don't score with the elite teams. If that makes me blind to the forest then so be it. I'm just tired of the "top offenses" crap being thrown around...I don't buy it.

you might not buy it, but it is a fact. Having a decent defense can go a long way to making an offense look better. All of the 'ifs' I mentioned are quite fixable, save for the freakish injury bug that hit the RBs. All considered, quite an accomplishment to do as well as they did, especially when you take the youth on the OL into consideration as well.

SleepingTiger
03-04-2009, 06:31 AM

not even the greatest show on turf can win games with the defense Denver fielded.

not to make excuses, but you can't deny the fact that 7 RB on IR did not help!

montrose
03-04-2009, 06:33 AM
"We were second in the NFL in yards, and you think you did a pretty good job and had a pretty good season on offense," Scheffler said. "To look forward to kind of coming in (for offseason workouts) and getting dissected is hard, but it's just part of the business. It's tough. It's a man's game."]

I'm so god d**n sick of this mentality. Thank god somebody is coming and showing these guys that they haven't "arrived". Hate to break it to you Tony, but you and your butt buddies Jay and Brandon have yet to accomplish jack in the NFL. Wow you were 2nd in yards! The Saints were 1st and they missed the playoffs too.

You know what I'm interested in? You were 16th in points, 8th in turning the ball over and 16th in red zone scoring! Not to mention that down the stretch the offense wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. When you only score 10 points at home against the Oakland ****ing Raiders, you have no right to talk about how good of an offense you are. You had multiple chances to beat Buffalo and win the division and choked it away every ****ing time. Save for two Tatum Bell long runs, the offense couldn't do jack against a not-so-dominant San Diego defense in the biggest game of the season. You only faced 3 of the top 10 scoring defenses this year (TB, Mia, NE) and scored 16, 7 and 17.

Yet you and your offensive buddies are acting like you're the god d***n 2007 Patriots, gimme a ****ing break! In fact, if you hadn't beaten up on ****ty defenses early in the season - those offensive stats would be even more mediocre. So you can make our excuses about the defense or running back injuries or whatever else you want. The fact is that this offense wasn't perfect either and Shanny's not around to coddle your @$$es anymore. The only unit on offense that was great last year was the OL in pass protection. Shockingly, we don't hear anything about those guys being broken up and our "close minded" Head Coach kept the same ****ing OL coach on the staff. You don't hear anything about Daniel Graham, Eddie Royal or Peyton Hillis either. Know why? Because they're going to keep their mouths shut and earn their time. You should do the same.

So Tony, you and the "#2 offense" in the league can go **** off as far as I'm concerned. We're moving into a new era of smart, tough, football players who play well under pressure. We're becoming a system here in which not one player can't be replaced. If a player doesn't fit the system or can't get the job done - don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

We've got a new sheriff in town, a guy coming from the most successful NFL franchise of the last decade who directed the best offense in NFL history. He knows what he wants and if you or anyone else on this team can't get with the program, get the **** out.

I love it.

eddie mac
03-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Sorry Scheff but yardage means absolutely nothing if we are constantly turning the ball over near the opponents redzone.

Meck77
03-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Ha!

All we needed was a defense!

This was the first thread I read of the day and the first post to make me starting laughing. I love the omane!

Finally many of you are seeing thru this yardage crap. Myself, popps and others were trying to point this out to you but people seemed pretty content seeing our asses beat down while we ran up and down the field without scoring.

Man-Goblin
03-04-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm so god d**n sick of this mentality. Thank god somebody is coming and showing these guys that they haven't "arrived". Hate to break it to you Tony, but you and your butt buddies Jay and Brandon have yet to accomplish jack in the NFL. Wow you were 2nd in yards! The Saints were 1st and they missed the playoffs too.

You know what I'm interested in? You were 16th in points, 8th in turning the ball over and 16th in red zone scoring! Not to mention that down the stretch the offense wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. When you only score 10 points at home against the Oakland ****ing Raiders, you have no right to talk about how good of an offense you are. You had multiple chances to beat Buffalo and win the division and choked it away every ****ing time. Save for two Tatum Bell long runs, the offense couldn't do jack against a not-so-dominant San Diego defense in the biggest game of the season. You only faced 3 of the top 10 scoring defenses this year (TB, Mia, NE) and scored 16, 7 and 17.

Yet you and your offensive buddies are acting like you're the god d***n 2007 Patriots, gimme a ****ing break! In fact, if you hadn't beaten up on ****ty defenses early in the season - those offensive stats would be even more mediocre. So you can make our excuses about the defense or running back injuries or whatever else you want. The fact is that this offense wasn't perfect either and Shanny's not around to coddle your @$$es anymore. The only unit on offense that was great last year was the OL in pass protection. Shockingly, we don't hear anything about those guys being broken up and our "close minded" Head Coach kept the same ****ing OL coach on the staff. You don't hear anything about Daniel Graham, Eddie Royal or Peyton Hillis either. Know why? Because they're going to keep their mouths shut and earn their time. You should do the same.

So Tony, you and the "#2 offense" in the league can go **** off as far as I'm concerned. We're moving into a new era of smart, tough, football players who play well under pressure. We're becoming a system here in which not one player can't be replaced. If a player doesn't fit the system or can't get the job done - don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

We've got a new sheriff in town, a guy coming from the most successful NFL franchise of the last decade who directed the best offense in NFL history. He knows what he wants and if you or anyone else on this team can't get with the program, get the **** out.

I love it.

I agree. And let it all out, brother!

BroncoInferno
03-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Shanny wasn't cutthroat? Guess I missed that memo.

Regardless, good. A lot of these guys need to be wary. Maybe fear for their jobs will makes them more conscientious, efficient players. If not, adios.

And 2nd in yards, sure, but 16th in points. In other words, mediocre. Yeah, field position sucked at times, but there were also countless costly, momentum shifting turnovers, including five red zone INTs by Cuter. They need more discipline, clearly. Hopefully, McDaniels will instill that. Sounds like Cutler wasn't the only guy needing an attitude adjustment. If you can't get with the program, get the **** out.

skpac1001
03-04-2009, 06:47 AM
We averaged 15 points a game during weeks 4-9. During the Tampa game in which we scored 16, they scored 13. We had Pittman the whole time, Hillis the whole time, Young for half the time. The offense has room for improvement, and I want a coach who pushes it to get better, especially against high level defenses.

baja
03-04-2009, 06:58 AM
http://353review.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/blaze.jpg

Rohirrim
03-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Montrose just reminded me that these players let the Raiders come into our house and kick our ass and then treated it as no big deal. Trade all their asses AFAIC.

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2009, 07:30 AM
I agree. And let it all out, brother!

I'll second that. I say let McD scare the ever lovin' __________ out of these players. Shanny made them entirely too comfy, IMO.

Drek
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
One of New England's strengths is the trust and respect their players have for their head coach. This is something our coach is going to have to earn.

You can be trusted and respected while still keeping your team on their toes.

Shanahan used to parrot the old "want to have a good competition at the position" but his last few years here he was only paying lip service. He had his favorites who always made the roster even if they never contributed, his pets who got PT over obviously superior players, and the last couple years he started to extend that into his coaching staff.

There wasn't fair competition here under Shanahan and the players got complacent and soft as a result. McDaniels needs to keep rocking the boat until all the softies bail out and we can develop a football team that is tough enough to win consistently when it counts.

lex
03-04-2009, 07:39 AM
The reason the Pats won was because of timely turnovers by an opportunistic defense, excellent special teams including an icey kicker, and a few terrible calls that went their way at crucial times. Brady is a good pocket passer with no ability to improvise or avoid the rush whatsoever, and it cost the Patriots in the Superbowl 1 year ago in a big way.

McDaniels does not know what he has in Cutler, losing him would be nothing short of moronic.

That was their first SB when Brady was a game manager. After that season he emerged as one of the best QBs in the league though. Its hard to deny that. If you want to know why NE and Indy has such a leg up on everyone, it begins with the fact that for a long stretch there werent many elite QBs in the league. Indy and NE had them so it was a tremendous advantage over other teams in the league. And beyond that there was the little matter of breaking the rules on and off the field.

Kaylore
03-04-2009, 07:43 AM
The scoring was a result of a loss of an efficient run game. Again, we were one of the top red-zone scoring offenses in the league the first half of the season with freaking Michael Pittman at tailback. Then after we lost our running backs things started slipping in the scoring department. If you can't run the ball in for a touchdown on the goal line it handicaps a lot of other things. During the Hillis phase things picked up. We were scoring against teams like Atlanta in their house and the Jets on the road. It gave our team a gritty edge. After he went down it deflated again.

Some if it is on Jay, like getting tanked before the Raider game and seeing mistakes at the goal line. Some of it is on Shanahan, like in the Jags game, on the fourth down run, he called a play the offense hadn't even practiced that week and of course it failed. But I ultimately think it was because of the loss of a running game.

As for the article, I think it's good that everyone is on notice.

_Oro_
03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm so god d**n sick of this mentality...

rep

dbfan21
03-04-2009, 08:03 AM

I love it.

Preach it, man! If I was a gutless drunk, I'd say: "This one's for Montrose". ^5

dbfan21
03-04-2009, 08:05 AM
The scoring was a result of a loss of an efficient run game. Again, we were one of the top red-zone scoring offenses in the league the first half of the season with freaking Michael Pittman at tailback. Then after we lost our running backs things started slipping in the scoring department. If you can't run the ball in for a touchdown on the goal line it handicaps a lot of other things. During the Hillis phase things picked up. We were scoring against teams like Atlanta in their house and the Jets on the road. It gave our team a gritty edge. After he went down it deflated again.

Some if it is on Jay, like getting tanked before the Raider game and seeing mistakes at the goal line. Some of it is on Shanahan, like in the Jags game, on the fourth down run, he called a play the offense hadn't even practiced that week and of course it failed. But I ultimately think it was because of the loss of a running game.

As for the article, I think it's good that everyone is on notice.

Kaylore-
Are you kidding here or did I miss something that week? Help me out!

Meck77
03-04-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd like to hear a follow up on that as well Kaylore.

outdoor_miner
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM

I love it.

haha - great post! I wanted to punch my screen when I read that quote. "Hooray!!! We were 2nd in yards!" I think this gives you a pretty good idea that these guys were reading their press clippings and started to think they had actually done something.

MplsBronco
03-04-2009, 08:20 AM

I love it.

Bravo! The more I hear these guys whine the more it proves that a change was needed. Shanny carried this air of arrogance that spilled over to the players that seems to make them believe they are better than they actually are. This offensive team has LOADS of potential. I am excited because I think we are going to see that potential realized under McDaniels. Not to mention Shanny's been running the same offense the past 10 years and it was stale. I can't wait to see new plays, new formations, new domination.

MplsBronco
03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Oh and all those who keep bringing up the RB situation. How come our best runner was like 5th or 6th on the depth chart, HILLIS? My god, Michael Pittman as the #1? Terrible, terrible assessment of the talent at the position or flat out cronyism/stubborness. And then the LBs get hurt and we insert backups who clearly outplayed the starters but get benched immediately when the starters return. I couldn't take it anymore.

montrose
03-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Kaylore-
Are you kidding here or did I miss something that week? Help me out!

I hadn't heard that but it doesn't surprise me. I've heard a lot of stories about Jay around town from people who have no reason to really lie about it. There have been rumblings around town (believe them if you like) that he and Scheffler were sloshed at the Sports Column the night before the Bills game.

Paladin
03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Maybe that explains Sheff being traded?

bronco610
03-04-2009, 08:48 AM

Myself as well !!! Come clean Kaylore.

Kaylore
03-04-2009, 09:00 AM

I'm surprised you of all people don't know about this, Meck. Jay has a tendency to go out drinking Saturday nights before games and has on more than one occasion become plastered. And for all the people that think I'm lying, my friends got drunk with him and have cell phone pictures to prove it. Or you could ask the thousands of other people in town who have seen or heard about it if you don't believe me. He never drives home himself and hasn't had the Cherry Creek police department sweep up after him (yet) the way a certain hall of famer who played here used to need. ;)

That said, when he's getting toasted the night before games and comes in all hung over and then has crappy game, you have to wonder if it's the best choice he could be making. Then when you throw in that he's a freaking diabetic, it goes from a questionable choice to a frighteningly stupid one. I've privately wondered to myself whether the reason he plays better on the road then at home is because the curfew rule keeps him getting tanked on the road and so he plays better.

Pony Boy
03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll second that. I say let McD scare the ever lovin' __________ out of these players. Shanny made them entirely too comfy, IMO.

Bravo to that !!! Does Bill Parcells approach put players on the edge. We would all take Parcells in a heartbeat to rebuild the Broncos

LonghornBronco
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
"Whether Cutler and McDaniels can establish even a minimal working relationship remains to be seen, but that could be a moot point if the quarterback is traded, which is a distinct possibility. Based on McDaniels' pursuit of Matt Cassel, whom he coached in New England, it's abundantly clear that he wants his own quarterback who will operate his low-risk, high-efficiency approach (which one doesn't readily associate with Cutler) his way"

Sounds vaguely similar to Reeves

"Other Broncos also are casting a wary eye toward McDaniels and the program he's putting in place. Scheffler, who caught 89 passes the past two seasons, expressed concern about how little the tight end is used as a receiver in the Patriots' offense. And there's a general thought among several of Denver's offensive players that the new sheriff in town will try to fix what isn't broken."

The voice of reason!

"It's a man's game."

Enough said, lets get back to work fellas :strong:

Popps
03-04-2009, 09:42 AM

I love it.

:thumbsup:

Man-Goblin
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm surprised you of all people don't know about this, Meck. Jay has a tendency to go out drinking Saturday nights before games and has on more than one occasion become plastered. And for all the people that think I'm lying, my friends got drunk with him and have cell phone pictures to prove it. Or you could ask the thousands of other people in town who have seen or heard about it if you don't believe me. He never drives home himself and hasn't had the Cherry Creek police department sweep up after him (yet) the way a certain hall of famer who played here used to need. ;)

That said, when he's getting toasted the night before games and comes in all hung over and then has crappy game, you have to wonder if it's the best choice he could be making. Then when you throw in that he's a freaking diabetic, it goes from a questionable choice to a frighteningly stupid one. I've privately wondered to myself whether the reason he plays better on the road then at home is because the curfew rule keeps him getting tanked on the road and so he plays better.

http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/03/17/435929980_t220.jpg

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Cito Pelon
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Scheffler said "dissected". There's no dissection going on.

Carucci says he's never seen changes like this in 30 years. Don't make me laugh.

rastaman
03-04-2009, 10:52 AM

Excellent observation.

hades
03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Well, one thing is certain. Last years offense was well rested between possessions since the crappy Defense could not get the opponents off the field

skpac1001
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
The Saints did just fine in both yardage (1st) and scoring (1st) with a pathetic defense and running game (depending if you like Bush as a runner, i guess).
Saints running game was 28th in yards.

Popps
03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Elway had a rep as a party guy. But, he pulled it off... and that was a different era. Brian Griese learned quickly that you can't run around Denver all lit-up. Hopefully Jay is well aware of that.

Inkana7
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
The Saints did just fine in both yardage (1st) and scoring (1st) with a pathetic defense and running game (depending if you like Bush as a runner, i guess).
Saints running game was 28th in yards.

Weren't they also 8-8?

skpac1001
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Weren't they also 8-8?

Yes. I am not sure that has anything to do with my point that there is more to our being 16th in scoring then just rb/ defense problems.

Pick Six
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
We were ahead in the standings by 3 f'n games with 3 games to go and LOST a playoff spot. I'm VERY happy McDaniels is putting everybody on notice. What happened last year CANNOT happen, again...

cutthemdown
03-04-2009, 11:39 AM

the amount of yrds, and so few points, IMO actually points to a really bad problem with the offense. They didn't have a nose for the endzone and were not physical enough in the redzone. Also the mental errors by the offense were out of control. Fumbles, interceptions, all at the worst times.

outdoor_miner
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Excellent observation.

But totally wrong. The offense got a bunch of yards *because* their defense sucked so bad. If Shanahan could have, he would have gotten a lead, and then run the ball to end the game. Jay was chucking the ball all over the field because they were desperately trying to cover for a defense that couldn't stop anybody. If we would have had an average defense, our offensive numbers would have been down.

Chris
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Did Mcdaniels build the pats offense or did Belichick? Why is he so inflexible?

Pick Six
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Did Mcdaniels build the pats offense or did Belichick? Why is he so inflexible?

He's the new boss. Bowlen gave McDaniels the keys to the Broncos because he felt Josh knew what he was doing. If Mr. Bowlen had faith in him, then people here on the Mane should have faith in him. Let's see how these new plans produce wins...

RMT
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
randy gradishar said it all when he called what shanahan was running in Dove Valley a "resort and not a football team."

NYBronco
03-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I find it interesting that McDaniels at 32 yesrs old and one of the youngest coaches in the league is/continues making all these major personnel moves. Many of them not welcome here in the Bronco nation.

He is showing alot of confidence in his decision making and in putting together his system and I like it. I am becoming more confident in Bowlen's choice to replace Shanahan.

The draft should be fun to watch... if that's possible.

ZONA
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM

I'm sure they have mini bars where they stay. Throw that theory out the window.

Rock Chalk
03-04-2009, 03:34 PM

I love it.

For the record, I did not hack montrose's account.

Meck77
03-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Great we have a diabetic QB who's hung over on game day. Wonderful.

Well there's a reason McD might have wanted to trade his ass.

Popps you nailed it. Mopey Jay Cutler......It all makes sense now.

Dedhed
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Exactly.

However, McDaniels should be taking what he's got and building from there. If we have TEs, use them. Use them in the spread.
Or use them in trades to get players that will have more impact, which it appears is exactly what McDaniels is doing.

oubronco
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I find it interesting that McDaniels at 32 yesrs old and one of the youngest coaches in the league is/continues making all these major personnel moves. Many of them not welcome here in the Bronco nation.

He is showing alot of confidence in his decision making and in putting together his system and I like it. I am becoming more confident in Bowlen's choice to replace Shanahan.

The draft should be fun to watch... if that's possible.

If he takes a fuggin FG holder with the first pick I'll kill him