PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Interested in Jason Taylor

UberBroncoMan
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Jason Taylor-DL - Redskins Mar. 2 - 11:08 pm et

Free agent Jason Taylor has already been contacted by "roughly a dozen teams," according to Profootballtalk.com.
The Packers, Bucs, Broncos, 49ers, Browns, and possibly the Eagles and Patriots could be in play. Taylor only had 3.5 sacks in an injury-ruined 2008 season, but recorded 11 the year prior and will have no shortage of suitors.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1305

I'd rather have Vonnie Holliday.

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
if we do this, i would mark this as the first FA acquisition i disagree with...

KS Bronco
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
depends on price

CSU Husker
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
depends on price

Agreed, but if he has that many teams ringing his phone, no way we make this happen on the cheap. Pass.

Rohirrim
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
League minimum. See if he makes it out of training camp. Nothing but performances clauses.

Unfortunately, this is just the kind of player Bellychuck used to always go after.

montrose
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Pass.

tsiguy96
03-03-2009, 07:02 PM
name one FA the broncos werent interested in on defense?

Paladin
03-03-2009, 07:08 PM
League minimum. See if he makes it out of training camp. Nothing but performances clauses.

Unfortunately, this is just the kind of player Bellychuck used to always go after.

Problem is, those players would often work out and be useful for a year or two..... That's how they roll....

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 07:10 PM

since i've seen nothing credible to prove otherwise, at this point i'd have to say Ray Lewis...

Hogan11
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't want him. He'll be expensive and his dedication is questionable.

Pass, let him keep dancing with the stars.

OBF1
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Pass and give me some Ray Lewis

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 07:35 PM
if we want an edge guy...i'm thinking McD talks with the Giants about Justin Tuck...

they have a need at receiving TE (Scheff)...and an abundnace of d-linemen...maybe we give Scheff and a pick for Tuck?...

one can hope....

400HZ
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
if we want an edge guy...i'm thinking McD talks with the Giants about Justin Tuck...

they have a need at receiving TE (Scheff)...and an abundnace of d-linemen...maybe we give Scheff and a pick for Tuck?...

one can hope....

Madden trades... love em :giggle:

DBroncos4life
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
He is slowing down but he is better then he played last year.

broncsyanks
03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
i say go for him at a minimal contract with incentives. if he reaches them - then he has proven himself for it. if not we have nothing to lose here. compared to last years defense. he cant hurt

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Madden trades... love em :giggle:

you joke but it's already been rumored the giants have a logjam at D-line after the acquisitions of Canty & Benard...and are shopping

if you look they have Osi, Kiwi, Tuck, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard, and Canty...all starting calibur...ntm Alford and Tolefson...

rumors have gone earlier about the giants wanting a receiving target since trading Shockey (Boss didn't cut it)...

clearly i'm just speculating but it's not as "maddenesk" as you may think...

the Broncos need to make a move for front 7 help because the FA field is all dried up...

i wouldnt be surprised to see McD make a run at Tuck , Shaun Rogers, or even dare i say Peppers?....

who knows...but it'll be fun watching this play out...

hambone13
03-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Pass and give me some Ray Lewis

Can you imagine the intensity in the locker room with Ray Lewis and X-Factor? I can't imagine what the two of them would be like together? It's like having The Wolverine and Optimus Prime on the same side of the ball? It would be sick.....

UberBroncoMan
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM

Our own defensive FA's :)!

tsiguy96
03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
since i've seen nothing credible to prove otherwise, at this point i'd have to say Ray Lewis...

go back and look on rotoworld, broncos were interested earlier in FA. think they caught wind of how much cash he wants and backed out.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
you joke but it's already been rumored the giants have a logjam at D-line after the acquisitions of Canty & Benard...and are shopping

if you look they have Osi, Kiwi, Tuck, Cofield, Robbins, Bernard, and Canty...all starting calibur...ntm Alford and Tolefson...

rumors have gone earlier about the giants wanting a receiving target since trading Shockey (Boss didn't cut it)...

the Broncos need to make a move for front 7 help because the FA field is all dried up...

i wouldnt be surprised to see McD make a run at Tuck , Shaun Rogers, or even dare i say Peppers?....

Why would they sign 2 FA's and then ship out Tuck who is one of the best DE's playing?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Ray Lewis!

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Why would they sign 2 FA's and then ship out Tuck who is one of the best DE's playing?

like i said i'm just completely speculating...

but to answer your question....i don't know, but with that said, i've already read that Canty and Tuck play similar roles and Canty is expected to take snaps away from Tuck...

why have THAT many d-lineman?...it just seems to me they will move one and try and get value for him...not to mention signing Canty helped them AND hurt their division rival...

cutthemdown
03-03-2009, 08:23 PM

one can hope....

Giants may trade a dlineman, they have 10 on roster, but it won't be Tuck. Also it would take more then an injury prone TE to get it done IMO.

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Giants may trade a dlineman, they have 10 on roster, but it won't be Tuck. Also it would take more then an injury prone TE to get it done IMO.

of course it would...

it would take draft compensation of some sort as well...

they may or may not trade Tuck...who knows...

i was just kickin round ideas anyway...

watermock
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Add this Scheff trade to the supposed Cutler trade on Dreamland.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
of course it would...

To be honest I was hoping that Rather than get involved with the TRADEGATE I was hoping that they would target a stud DLineman that fit their system and go after him with picks and or players if neccessary.

The DL FA pool is weak, but if they could find a vet on another team that they could work a deal for make it happen, then fill out the rest of the team as they are doing.

It could still happen, I don't see it happening though.

400HZ
03-03-2009, 08:48 PM

They have all those D linemen for a reason, and it's not so they can trade the best ones away for china doll tight ends.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
At this point I am guessing that MickyD and X are calling the agents of the highest profile guys just to fool the fanbase into thinking they are trying to get the best players.

No way Pat is going to pay this guy what he wants and if he does it is risky at his age.

cutthemdown
03-03-2009, 08:52 PM
of course it would...

actually really good idea as far as finding a team that has too many dlineman. They went and signed Bernard and Canty so they will probably trade one of their depth guys on draft day.

If Broncos want to deal they could probably get Giants to listen. Not a bad thought to kick around.

Man-Goblin
03-03-2009, 08:56 PM
actually really good idea as far as finding a team that has too many dlineman. They went and signed Bernard and Canty so they will probably trade one of their depth guys on draft day.

If Broncos want to deal they could probably get Giants to listen. Not a bad thought to kick around.

Word is Kiwi is the one on the block. There's actually a rumor out there about him straight up for Braylon Edwards.

I will defer to the defensive experts out there, but considering the guy has played outside linebacker and defensive end, he sounds like a good candidate for a 3-4 OLB.

It would probably take Marshall to get him, though...and maybe you get a pick back.

400HZ
03-03-2009, 08:56 PM

They already cut one of their starters.

Kaylore
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
if we do this, i would mark this as the first FA acquisition i disagree with...

Me too, though if he comes for the vet minimum I'm ok.

JCMElway
03-03-2009, 11:07 PM
But just imagine if we picked up everyone who we have been flagged for as "having interest." We could have a defense that starts Jason Taylor, Ray Lewis, and Brian Dawkins. Now that would make quite a splash, if only for a year or two.

DBroncos4life
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
But just imagine if we picked up everyone who we have been flagged for as "having interest." We could have a defense that starts Jason Taylor, Ray Lewis, and Brian Dawkins. Now that would make quite a splash, if only for a year or two.

Lewis and Dawkins would be something else. I think adding Lewis would have to put us into the top 15 range on D for next year.

Greybeard
03-03-2009, 11:24 PM
And what YOUNG Bronco would Taylor replace?

Methinks pass . . .

-----

Taco John
03-03-2009, 11:42 PM
And what YOUNG Bronco would Taylor replace?

Methinks pass . . .

-----

Whichever one doesn't beat him out on the merits of their ability.

Veteran leadership is exactly what this defense and team needs.

dbfan4life
03-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want nothing but rookies on that side of the ball. Makes no sense. Let the rook/younger guy learn behind a seasoned vet. No sense in throwing these young'uns to the wolves if we don't have to.

DBroncos4life
03-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want nothing but rookies on that side of the ball. Makes no sense. Let the rook/younger guy learn behind a seasoned vet. No sense in throwing these young'uns to the wolves if we don't have to.

its a proven fact that only players on the right side of 30 are good.

TheChamp24
03-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Lewis and Dawkins would be something else. I think adding Lewis would have to put us into the top 15 range on D for next year.

No way does simply adding Dawkins, Lewis and the other scrubs we signed going to make this a top 15 D next year. We have virtually no one to rush the passer and a makeshift DL with average LB's.

Greybeard
03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Whichever one doesn't beat him out on the merits of their ability.

Veteran leadership is exactly what this defense and team needs.

If Taylor is brought in to compete, fine . . .

-----

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM

or on offense or special teams, apparently.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
No way does simply adding Dawkins, Lewis and the other scrubs we signed going to make this a top 15 D next year. We have virtually no one to rush the passer and a makeshift DL with average LB's.

Thats the difference between this year and last. LAST YEAR we signed scrubs...this year? These guys arent scrubs. They may be a bit older, but they all have produced recently and, from what I can gather, are all football smart. I dont care how old they are, it would be nice to see less blown assignments.

Re: The DL, its a weak year...im not sure who you'd love them to go after and over pay. I bet DL gets a long look during the draft.

broncosteven
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Re: The DL, its a weak year...im not sure who you'd love them to go after and over pay. I bet DL gets a long look during the draft.

They should target a vet on DL that they love and find out what it would take to trade for him. If they can afford the Trade do it!

Right now our best Dlineman is a toss up between Peterson and Thomas.

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I think I will have some of that koolaid if they can land Vinnie at a reasonable price.

I wonder what draft day is gonna look like?

Mogulseeker
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Dude, I'd be for the Taylor signing... if Taylor can put back on the 20 lbs he lost last season.