PDA

View Full Version : short dawkins interview on koa

titan
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Here's a summary of an interview koa radio did with Dawkins yesterday (I was going to post it last night but couldn't access the site):

koa: why did you sign with Denver?

The Broncos were very aggressive. They said, "we have to have you to help us get to the next level in a hurry. We're going to make our mark this year and we think you can be a vital part of that."

koa: can you provide veteran leadership?

Yes. When I feel led to say something I will say something. I'll talk to them man to man, face to face, and if I can help them out I am there for them. Whatever I can do to help this team win, and if that is helping people off the field, I'll be happy to do it.

koa: how are you physically at age 35?

I have a whole lot left in the tank. How much? I don't know, but there is
still alot I can do on the football field.

koa: did you hear eagles fans are now buying #20 orange jerseys?

People forget I went to Clemson - I've worn orange before. And I wore it with pride and dignity. And that's what I am going to do again.

==========

A couple of things I liked about this interview:

The broncos new braintrust isn't interested in a longterm rebuilding plan - they intend to contend next season and sold dawkins on that vision.

Dawkins has a great attitude. If he really does have alot "left in the tank" his leadership will be a big boost to the defense.

Aside from the Cutler mess (which hopefully will be resolved next week) McDaniels/Xanders have done well in free agency. I'm excited to see how they are going to handle the draft.

ludo21
03-03-2009, 05:39 PM
The one thing that excites me about this new regime is how they have handld this Free Agency and how excited the players are to come here.

They may have handled the Cutler situation like crap, but McD seems to be liked by at least the guys we brought in.

KS Bronco
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=titan;2315019]

The broncos new braintrust isn't interested in a longterm rebuilding plan - they intend to contend next season and sold dawkins on that vision.

QUOTE]

i agree, but this is also going to be great leadership and education for our young players

tsiguy96
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
The one thing that excites me about this new regime is how they have handld this Free Agency and how excited the players are to come here.

They may have handled the Cutler situation like crap, but McD seems to be liked by at least the guys we brought in.

i agree 100000%

i think this will prove to be the most effective FA period weve had in awhile. solid veterans, not all game breakers but good enough to get us to where we need to be and allow us to build through the draft

rastaman
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Ummmmmm........let's take a deep breath here and slow down. Dawkins could show up this year and suddenly show his age!

I mean come on the dude is...what 35-36 years old!!!

KS Bronco
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Ummmmmm........let's take a deep breath here and slow down. Dawkins could show up this year and suddenly show his age!

certainly the exception, but kurt warner looked pretty good last year. besides, you cant tell me when you look at dawkins you think he looks old

DarkHorse
03-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed - a lot of "orange" floating around Dove Valley these days.

Could we be......back to predominately.......orange?

:afro:

lookin' glass
03-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Hopefully the altitude won't be a factor in this.

Br0nc0Buster
03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I loved the Dawkins signing

He will be our in the box saftey
And will show these pussies how to play defense

Rabb
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM

eff that killjoy crap

"I've worn orange before. And I wore it with pride and dignity. And that's what I am going to do again."

is all I wanted to hear, if that doesn't excite anyone that is a fan of this team then nothing will

Broncosfreak_56
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
koa: how are you physically at age 35?

I have a whole lot left in the tank. How much? I don't know, but there is
still alot I can do on the football field.

Good to hear.