PDA

View Full Version : Simms To Visit Broncos

rugbythug
03-03-2009, 05:30 PM
SIMMS TO VISIT BRONCOS
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 3, 2009, 7:11 p.m.

Tennessee Titans unrestricted free agent quarterbck Chris Simms is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Wednesday, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper.

Per the article, Simms is also under consideration by the Detroit Lions.

Simms could still wind up being retained by the Titans, but there is an apparent market for his services around the league.

If he stays in Tennessee, Simms would probaly be slated to compete with Vince Young for the primary backup role behind starter Kerry Collins.

BroncosinDC
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Can we blow this up out of context, and forget that we have no back up in Denver?

Gcver2ver3
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
can't be any worse than Ramsey...

loborugger
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey, this will make Lex happy! He can reunite with Gruden here and let the revolving door begin.

boltaneer
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
This would be a great signing for you guys IMO. I hope it doesn't happen.

yerner
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
somewhere kyle shanahan has a boner..

Popps
03-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Another smart potential move.

Again, you see a theme with all of these players. Good team guys, guys with reps as hard workers, leaders, etc. Not sure who else is out there as far as back-ups, but this would be a massive upgrade over what we've had behind Jay.

Atlas
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
The way things are going he could be starting for the Broncos.

I hate left handed QBs.

frerottenextelway
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, Ramsey led the Broncos to a total of negative 7 points in his Broncos career ... so if Simms never takes a snap he's already a TD ahead of what we had.

frerottenextelway
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
The way thinmgs are going he could be starting for the Broncos

Starting on the DL!

Popcorn Sutton
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Another smart potential move.

Again, you see a theme with all of these players. Good team guys, guys with reps as hard workers, leaders, etc. Not sure who else is out there as far as back-ups, but this would be a massive upgrade over what we've had behind Jay.

Agreed. This would be a great signing.

GoBroncos84
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
I think he would be a good addition, and upgrade over Hackney. Interesting, considering his close relationship to the Shannahan family.

gyldenlove
03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
The way things are going he could be starting for the Broncos.

I hate left handed QBs.

I hate spleenless wimps!

Victor
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM

LOL...the tatoo story, a classic. Very funny. LOL

cutthemdown
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
decent bkup spot starter when healthy IMO. Not much really available on the bkup QB market. Maybe Garcia at some point, or some other vets that get a surprise pink slip after draft.

SouthStndJunkie
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I would be cool with Chris Simms as our backup.

cutthemdown
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Broncos should be smart and start drafting qbs late in the draft and grooming there own bkup qbs. Keep 2 qbs on roster one on practice squad and then maybe we can trade them a couple yrs down the road like NE just did.

If you can get a qb to just play well for 6-7 games seems they become very valuable.

Wes Mantooth
03-03-2009, 06:12 PM

post of the day.

Shoemaker
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Countdown to ESPN starting rumors.

"Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels is reportedly considering trading Jay Cutler to Tennessee for QB Chris Simms and a plate of barbequed spare ribs, according to John Clayton."

Seriously, though, we should sign Simms. He'd be ten times the backup Ramsey ever was. I wouldn't have to give up hope of winning a game if Jay got hurt.

Ugh, just got flashes of 2007's Detroit game.

dreasher54
03-03-2009, 06:57 PM
This would be a great pick up for us. Seeing as though i live in texas i have been following him for a while. He is also a great team player and is twelve times better than anything we have (besides Cutler of course)

baja
03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I agree with ya'll

Chris Simms - make it happen.

razorwire77
03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
This would be another good low risk pick up. Sims is the prototypical clipboard holder backup. He's smart enough to learn the offense quickly and throw to the checkdowns when necessary, and has a decent enough arm to make all of the intermediate throws. He's not going to kill you vertically down the field, but could be an excellent game manager.

BigPlayShay
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I'd be all for it. The only other one out there is Jeff Garcia, and I think he is as much of a hothead and whiner as Jay. Simms still needs to prove himself and would work very hard.

HEAV
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hopefully Jay has been told about this! I mean I would hate for him to think he's being replaced...he might stay home.

---------

The left handed QB does effect the tackle spots...

ZONA
03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Broncos should be smart and start drafting qbs late in the draft and grooming there own bkup qbs. Keep 2 qbs on roster one on practice squad and then maybe we can trade them a couple yrs down the road like NE just did.

If you can get a qb to just play well for 6-7 games seems they become very valuable.

That only worked out because their star QB was out for the season. I very much doubt that Cassel would have garnered ANY attention if he perhaps only filled in for say 4 or 5 games. I hope and pray we don't lose Cutler for a whole season so having 3 QB's is a waste to me.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I like Simms as a Backup.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 08:52 PM

If he stays in Tennessee, Simms would probaly be slated to compete with Vince Young for the primary backup role behind starter Kerry Collins.

I thought Vince Young was a top 5 Draft pick, he is now competing for 2nd string?

Talk about all time Draft busts.

HEAV
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I thought Vince Young was a top 5 Draft pick, he is now competing for 2nd string?

Talk about all time Draft busts.

Ya I guess all those people that compared the 2006 QB prospects to 1983 where a little of on their thinking.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Ya I guess all those people that compared the 2006 QB prospects to 1983 where a little of on their thinking.

The only one that is still listed as starter is being called a Whiney Bitch by his fanbase and caught in the middle of TRADEGATE.

Actually if we got Leinhart or Young instead of Cutler we would have wanted MickyD to move them!

bombay
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I like Simms as a Backup.

Ditto. May still do some growing as a player.

HEAV
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
The only one that is still listed as starter is being called a Whiney b**** by his fanbase and caught in the middle of TRADEGATE.

Actually if we got Leinhart or Young instead of Cutler we would have wanted MickyD to move them!

Almost like he's the Todd Blackledge of the 2006 class.:spit:

Well if TJ had gotten his way Leinhart would be tearing up the Denver night club scene.

I still feel that Vince Young can be fixed. Just going to take some Meds and a coach willing to work with him.

broncosteven
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I still feel that Vince Young can be fixed. Just going to take some Meds and a coach willing to work with him.

I think he needs to find his soul mate to dance shirtless in men only clubs together would stablize his life and get his career back on track.

Not that there is anything wrong with dancing shirtless with a bunch of men...

HEAV
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Ditto. May still do some growing as a player.

Simms could teach Jay about dealing with the business of NFL. All the crap Gruden but him through, Jay would have broke mentally from it. Then you add the spleen injury.

gyldenlove
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Simms could teach Jay about dealing with the business of NFL. All the crap Gruden but him through, Jay would have broke mentally from it. Then you add the spleen injury.

Simms and Cutler have something in common other than being quarterbacks. They both have severe abdominal problems, Cutler's panchreas is bust and Simms has no spleen. They can form the Abdominal-gland-dysfunction-squad.

azbroncfan
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Simms would be a great addition. Git r done Ronald McD.

Old Dude
03-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, they do need a backup ... and they could do worse than Simms.

Apparently, Detroit is the other hat in the ring. But if you were Simms and actually thinking about playing at some point, which offensive line would look better to you?

baja
03-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, they do need a backup ... and they could do worse than Simms.

Apparently, Detroit is the other hat in the ring. But if you were Simms and actually thinking about playing at some point, which offensive line would look better to you?

You also got to look at which team affords you the best chance of starting

ohiobronco2
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Simms and Cutler have something in common other than being quarterbacks. They both have severe abdominal problems, Cutler's panchreas is bust and Simms has no spleen. They can form the Abdominal-gland-dysfunction-squad.

Maybe Simms is being brought in as spare parts. :)

Smiling Assassin27
03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I would be cool with Chris Simms as our backup.

nuff said. upgrade from that midget hackney.

Cito Pelon
03-04-2009, 02:35 PM

That's fine with me.

BroncoFiend
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Maybe Simms is being brought in as spare parts. :)

If that was the case you would think they would bring someone in who still had a spleen...you know...just in case ;)

Pick Six
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
If he comes at a reasonable price, I could deal with it. Who knows what he's going to demand, since he's actually been an NFL starting QB...

crush17
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I would love that signing.

barryr
03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Simms can't be any worse than Ramsey was. They could end up drafting a QB in the late rounds too.