PDA

View Full Version : Physical threats against our coaches, owner, or players will lead to a ban

Taco John
03-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I can't believe that I have to make this thread, but I want to nip this in the bud.

Let it be known that any physical threats against our coaches, the Broncos owner, or our players are going to be met with a long term ban. This site if for making discussions, not for making threats.

cmhargrove
03-01-2009, 09:14 AM
It's come to this folks.

Martial law.

The end of the world as we know it.

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Okay, but what about blatantly exaggerated joking ones that wish for misfortune?

I mean 15" with AIDs is kinda OM lore now. We can't hide from our history, TJ.

Garcia Bronco
"You can think it, but don't do it"

-Buford T. Justice

crazyhorse
wow

BABronco
03-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it our players or all players? And by players do you mean current players? What if the certain player I am thinking of reunretires?

Cause if thats the way its going to be I won't say the name of the guy who (given his past) might reunretire. But too that guy, I would not shed a tear if he got hit by a bus.

PaintballCLE
03-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I can't believe that I have to make this thread, but I want to nip this in the bud.

Let it be known that any physical threats against our coaches, the Broncos owner, or our players are going to be met with a long term ban. This site if for making discussions, not for making threats.

notice he didn't say other maners :rofl:

theAPAOps5
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I am with the rev. 15" peepee's with AIDS totally allowable!

cutthemdown
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
yeah what about when Spider says he's going to drive to my city to punch me in the throat?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.keepinitreal.com/dog_gets_it.bmp

To whom it may concern,

Cutler is the franchise. Got it?

Thanks,

Doc B

BABronco
03-01-2009, 09:24 AM

To whom it may concern,

Thanks,

Doc B

LOL

Taco John
03-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Okay, but what about blatantly exaggerated joking ones that wish for misfortune?

I mean 15" with AIDs is kinda OM lore now. We can't hide from our history, TJ.

blatantly exaggerated jokes will be evaluated on the merit of the laugh scale.

LOL

gadlaw
03-01-2009, 09:37 AM

To whom it may concern,

Thanks,

Doc B

It would certainly be foolish to dignify the actions of baby Napoleon despotic idiots who are destroying the Denver Bronco team with any personal threats. The collective hatred and bad feelings toward them is more than enough to help see them on to their Karmic fates as future failed High School coaches for the kiddie coaches or the sad after life of Bowlen as the new Art Modell - for whom even winning a Super Bowl couldn't erase the hatred a whole city and state had for him. I'd hate to have folks cheer and be happy when I finally croak off the way Modell must have felt there at the end and the way Bowlen will feel if he keeps going the way he's going. Nice dog picture by the way. :thumbs:

TheReverend
03-01-2009, 09:42 AM

LOL

Well then, it was nice knowin ya! :wave:

Meck77
03-01-2009, 09:47 AM
We're testing new lows like the Dow Jones.

I think I'll wait until we are eliminated out of the playoff contention to get pissed off.

Personally I like the fact that nobody is safe in the organization. It's been a long time coming and too many people have been farting around collecting checks without performing (DAMN NEAR 10 years). Cutler can either take the challenge and rise up or put his tail between his legs and hope for a trade. If nothing else we might just find out if he is the MAN we hope he is.

maher_tyler
03-01-2009, 10:00 AM

I think I'll wait until we are eliminated out of the playoff contention to get pissed off.

Personally I like the fact that nobody is safe in the organization. It's been a long time coming and too many people have been farting around collecting checks without performing (DAMN NEAR 10 years). Cutler can either take the challenge and rise up or put his tail between his legs and hope for a trade. If nothing else we might just find out if he is the MAN we hope he is.

Rep.

Hopefully if anything it lights a fire under everyones ass..letting them know that if your not performing you could be next no matter who you are!!

BABronco
03-01-2009, 10:24 AM
My urgent questions were never answered TJ!! Can or can I not make threats against non bronco players? Do retired players count?

This I must know

theAPAOps5
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
What about meta physical threats?

BowlenBall
03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
What about meta physical threats?

According to Aristotle, the wise (such as Shanahan) are able to teach because they know the why of things, unlike those who only know that things are a certain way (such as McDaniels) based on their memory and sensations. Because of their knowledge of first causes and principles they are better fitted to command, rather than to obey.

BOOYAH! Take that, beyotch!

Hope that doesn't get me banned.....

Taco John
03-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Just use your heads. If someone says "I'm going to throw a cobra at his mid-section," I'm thinking, "ok, this is clearly a joke. Nothing to see here." But if someone says, "I'm going to lurk outside of Dove Valley and beat them up/ knife them / walk up to them with a bomb belt on/etc.," then I get concerned.

theAPAOps5
03-01-2009, 10:42 AM
According to Aristotle, the wise (such as Shanahan) are able to teach because they know the why of things, unlike those who only know that things are a certain way (such as McDaniels) based on their memory and sensations. Because of their knowledge of first causes and principles they are better fitted to command, rather than to obey.

BOOYAH! Take that, beyotch!

Hope that doesn't get me banned.....

Dude you just gave me a concussion! Well played sir!

MechanicalBull
03-01-2009, 11:29 AM
All this reminds me of the Shenanigan scene from Super Troopers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ok85BmPyl_I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ok85BmPyl_I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Popps
03-01-2009, 11:34 AM

So wait, you're saying.... even if someone gives Jay Cutler a case of the blahs, or even the Mondays, threats on our staff's lives aren't an appropriate response?

Popps
03-01-2009, 11:36 AM

I haven't see a single post from you on this issue until now.

Doesn't surprise me that you fall on the side of logic.

Bronx33
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Just use your heads. If someone says "I'm going to throw a cobra at his mid-section," I'm thinking, "ok, this is clearly a joke. Nothing to see here." But if someone says, "I'm going to lurk outside of Dove Valley and beat them up/ knife them / walk up to them with a bomb belt on/etc.," then I get concerned.

I blame it ALL on that damn rap music!

theAPAOps5
03-01-2009, 02:05 PM

No sir you clearly have it wrong. I blame it on 80's pop. The amount of psycho paths has doubled since that genre. Coincidence, I think not.

Captain 'Dre
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM

LOL

I think you're asking for common sense and reasonable judgment.

Can't be certain you'll get it, though... :~ohyah!:

TDmvp
03-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I blame Josh MissHandles ...
I'm bitter tho .

Dr. Broncenstein
03-01-2009, 02:09 PM
No sir you clearly have it wrong. I blame it on 80's pop. The amount of psycho paths has doubled since that genre. Coincidence, I think not.

http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/american_psycho-131.jpg

Do you like Genesis?

Bronx33
03-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Ohhhh ohhhhh! and you think calling grandma a ho is healthy?

theAPAOps5
03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Ohhhh ohhhhh! and you think calling grandma a ho is healthy?

Dude she is deaf do you really think it effects her?

jebures
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
http://coolaggregator.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/american_psycho-131.jpg

Do you like Genesis?

that is classic. i love that movie. rep

Bronx33
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Dude she is deaf do you really think it effects her?

And i blame the deafness on that damn! rap!

vancejohnson82
03-01-2009, 03:15 PM
this is my new favorite thread

montrose
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
This thread title alone merits permanent sticky status.

lookin' glass
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVbnDBBtg3I

UberBroncoMan
03-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Physical threats doesn't count making fun of them and calling them names to the point that if they were to read what we wrote that they'd inflict physical harm upon themselves... does it?

Circle Orange
03-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Maybe we should all just threaten each other???

That would offset everything, I think. :~ohyah!:

Meck77
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVbnDBBtg3I

Great clip.

Ok Men. Time to clean up this b**** fest that happened on the omane the last couple days We need some serious shovels to move some of this crap into the butt ASAP.

All is not lost. Still a chance we'll be hoisting beers as we enter the playoffs this fall.

lookin' glass
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure of what happened with all this. Maybe 'Coach' did this or the 'Colonel' did that but your take on Cutlers reaction is similar to mine. A further quote from that movie.

'General Frank Savage: So for the sake of your roommate you violated group integrity. Every gun on a B-17 is designed to give the group maximum defensive firepower - that's what I mean by group integrity. When you pull a B-17 out of a formation you reduce the defensive power of the group by ten guns. A crippled aeroplane has to be expendable. The one thing which is never expendable is your obligation to this group. This group... this group - that has to be your loyalty; your only reason for being. Gately!'

Paladin
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
And i blame the deafness on that damn! rap!

Nah. All this stuff proves that weed is wasted on the young.....

Miss I.
03-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Apa, did you just admit to not thinking? ;D

I guess that's the first step towards recovery right? :peace:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
either all of you people on the mane behave or its 20 years of giving Al Davis a sponge bath and you are not allowed to close your eyes and i do mean A FULL body sponge bath

SoCalBronco
03-02-2009, 01:00 AM

Ironically, pretty much the only thing I listen to is 80s pop. That would explain a great many things. :)

Requiem
03-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Duran, Duran is SoCal's favorite band. He kissed his first boy to Come Undone.

BroncosinDC
03-02-2009, 01:37 AM
So emotionally threats are OK then? Like I can threaten to sleep with a coach, owner, or players daughter and never call her again. Or photo shop pictures of their wives having affairs with Chiefs fans barnyard animals, so long as I don't threaten to actual cause physical harm just life long emotional distress thousands in therapy would be unable to correct?

I'm OK with that.

barryr
03-02-2009, 06:39 AM
It's obvious some people are plain stupid. Oh no, the Broncos are trading Cutler for some doggy treats. There are some who actually believed the Broncos were dumping Cutler for nothing. They need to stop playing Play Station football and watch some real football some time.

alkemical
03-02-2009, 06:56 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboymzFgIhU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboymzFgIhU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hulamau
03-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Exactlamento!

Kaylore
03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
2:30

The flag pole

Be there

Requiem
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Shut up Kaylore. I am going to ring you up on the teatherball pole.

Kaylore
03-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Shut up Kaylore. I am going to ring you up on the teatherball pole.

I'm going to steal your swiss cake roll. There will be blood on the four square court.

broncofan2438
03-02-2009, 10:37 AM
First of all....we have some very passionate fans here. This weekend was crazy with what was going on. WE all got pissed (me included). I understand why you need to mention this, I just don't see why its that big of a deal. Is it going to get you into trouble?

alkemical
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
you have to be very careful what you say on the internet.

baja
03-02-2009, 12:03 PM

We're watching you and don't think we don't know about that conversation in the men's room at the Pike Market....

ak1971
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm going to steal your swiss cake roll. There will be blood on the four square court.

I see you and your damned ruffian friends were throwing your beer cans and condoms in my yard again on Sunday.. Can you please stop.

theAPAOps5
03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
First of all....we have some very passionate fans here. This weekend was crazy with what was going on. WE all got pissed (me included). I understand why you need to mention this, I just don't see why its that big of a deal. Is it going to get you into trouble?

A person lost their job with comments that they thought weren't a big deal here. All it takes is one guy not liking you or what you say to forward it to the right people. TJ is looking out for his site and his board members.

alkemical
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
We're watching you and don't think we don't know about that conversation in the men's room at the Pike Market....

I always used the honey buckets outside.

baja
03-02-2009, 12:20 PM
we have you on film

alkemical
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Baja,

"they" - got everything they need - i basically GAVE it away when i got my clearence a while ago.

Jens1893
03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
RIP 15 inch dick

gyldenlove
03-02-2009, 02:07 PM

I know, if you are not careful some 12 year old may post a nasty video on youtube calling you names.

theAPAOps5
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I know, if you are not careful some 12 year old may post a nasty video on youtube calling you names.

LOL that takes a long time to recover from

Pony Boy
03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow !! A conversation between Cutler and Bowlin was posted on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v325wdgoFH4

broncosteven
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Does this Ban apply to Marshall and his altercations also?

No one is above the Power of the Orange Mane!

Taco John
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM

I started this thread in response to a specific thread that got started. I think the guy was just blowing off steam, but I really don't want to tempt fate. There are some crazy people out there - I've had an anonymous threat of my family being killed after I banned a guy once. I just would rather not legitimize that kind of energy on this board by giving it an outlet. It's one thing to make an over the top joke. It's another thing to make a serious threat.

Northman
03-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Mmmmmm, swiss cake. Can you bring that to training camp for me? :~ohyah!:

HILife
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Is it our players or all players? And by players do you mean current players? What if the certain player I am thinking of reunretires?

Cause if thats the way its going to be I won't say the name of the guy who (given his past) might reunretire. But too that guy, I would not shed a tear if he got hit by a bus.

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/brettfavre1.jpg

Bronx33
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboymzFgIhU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oboymzFgIhU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Iam not even going to listen to it can't stand the idiot plus he causes deafness and poor wardrobe skills.

alkemical
03-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Iam not even going to listen to it can't stand the idiot plus he causes deafness and poor wardrobe skills.

Your loss man. He's funny and talented. I used to think the same way, but when i actually listened to it - i got it. - and you missed my joke.

Iceman778
05-13-2010, 11:22 AM
ohh.....great

baja
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
You know a good proctologist? Ask him to take your head out of your ass, you will see better and maybe not need a optometrist after all.