PDA

View Full Version : pacman to denver?

Ramathorn
02-27-2009, 08:19 AM
At midnight tonight, the following players are free to sign with any team they choose. What follows is simply a list of a guesses and/or recommendations, and is not based on any "inside information" whatsoever.On the odd chance that I get one of them right and do not go 0-for-10, I just wanted to have it on record.

Albert Haynesworth:
Washington Redskins. It seems like it's been a while since the Redskins paid an insane amount of money to someone. But if there was ever a guy who was worth it, I think it's Haynesworth.
Or maybe: Tennessee Titans. I think the Titans realize how much he means to them, but I just don't think they'll be able to compete when Dan Snyder breaks out the checkbook.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh:
New York Giants. I think they'd love to have him whether Plaxico Burress returns or not.
Or maybe: Philadelphia Eagles. I know that on paper, it makes all the sense in the world, and I think the Eagles should do it, but I'm just not convinced that they'll spend a ton of money of a free agent wideout.

Ray Lewis:
Baltimore Ravens. Say what you want about Ray-Ray, but he's one of those guys who should just never end up in a different uniform. He is Mr. Raven.
Or maybe: Dallas Cowboys. He's also in very high demand. I could see the Cowboys paying an aging linebacker way too much money becausethey think he'll straighten out their locker room problems.

Bart Scott:
New York Jets. The Jets are going to end up giving someone a lot of money to play linebacker. If the Ravens keep Ray, they may not be able to afford to match a massive offer to Bart Scott.
Or maybe: Baltimore Ravens. I think Scott vs. Lewis is a matter of head vs. heart for the Ravens. The head says it's better to keep Scott, but the heart says it's better to keep Lewis.

Laveranues Coles:
Philadelphia Eagles. He'll be a better economical option if they lose out on Housmandzadeh, and they can still go to McNabb and say, "Hey, look what we got you!"
Or maybe: Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins need receiver help, and you know Laveranues would like to get back together with Chad Pennington.

Byron Leftwich:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They've got a ton of cap room, Jeff Garcia isn't coming back, and I think Leftwich is the best option out there.
Or maybe: Tennessee Titans. If they can't work things out with Kerry Collins, it seems like Leftwich could give them at least that level of production, and at a fraction of the money that Collins wants.

Fred Taylor:
New England Patriots. Signing Fred Taylor just seems like a very Patriot thing to do.
Or maybe: Pittsburgh Steelers. I know they were very happy with Mewelde Moore as a backup last year, but I could see Moore being moved into more of a third-down role, and Taylor sharing carries with primary back Willie Parker.
(Edit: Forgot about the existence of Rashard Mendenhall Woopsie daisy.)

Jeff Garcia:
Kansas City Chiefs. If it was up to me, I'd give Tyler Thigpen every chance to win the job himself, but if he can't, it might be nice to have Jeff Garcia around.
Or maybe: Nowhere. Garcia wants to be a starter somewhere, and I don't see a lot of teams who'd want to make that happen. I could see him waiting into the season for someone to get injured, and then signing somewhere as a free agent.

Jonathan Vilma:
New Orleans Saints. The Saints can't part with one of the few decent defenders on their team, can they?
Or maybe: New York Jets. If they do, and the Jets whiff on both of the Ravens linebackers, Vilma's the next best option.

Pacman Jones:
Cleveland Browns. They're perpetually in need of secondary help. Pacman could start there immediately.
Or maybe: Denver Broncos. They let go of Dre Bly, opening up a hole opposite of corner Champ Bailey. Just a thought.

I dont know who this guy is. Its a link from the frontpage of yahoo. I have never met the dude who wrote this article, but i already hate him more than anyone for placing this potential curse on us.

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
yeah right..i just puked in my cereal

Los Broncos
02-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Oh god no, say it ain't so.

Dukes
02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
F*** no!

TonyR
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Not going to happen, but they did nail Haynesworth, Scott and Taylor.

Smiling Assassin27
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
and monkeys might fly out of my arse...

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:KHfCR8hgHl49DM:http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080616/Mike-Myers/Waynes-World_l.jpg

Beantown Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Honest question: how many folks would still be avid fans of the team if they picked up Pacman and Ray Lewis?

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Normally I complain when articles aren't linked but in this case I'm grateful.

Smiling Assassin27
02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Honest question: how many folks would still be avid fans of the team if they picked up Pacman and Ray Lewis?

ray has settled down. pac man's still a crackhouse con artist.

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 08:28 AM

I would go to Dove Valley and key Keith Kidd's car. It would confirm SoCal's fears that our director of pro-scouting is roughly the equivalent of Bob.

snowspot66
02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Every ****ing time. Everytime we fire a guy or somebody gets injured reporters always just name off some name as if it makes perfect sense that we should have him as a replacement and don't bother to give any analysis of why they think it would be a good idea.

They fired a CB! So and so would be a great replacement. They have massive need there now. They traded one! So and so should replace him.

They never comment on positions of actual need for us. Why is it so hard to do?

brncobrett
02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Hell no!!!!!!!!!

Northman
02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Pac Man is a thug. That would be the dumbest move in Bronco history.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-27-2009, 08:32 AM

HOnestly? With Lewis, I'd be plenty happy. The guy is a leader in every sense of the world, and could make an immediate impact on our D.

With Pacman, I'd be sick. The guy SUCKS, doesn't do ANYTHING BUT get in trouble. I'd have a very hard time rooting for him.

Northman
02-27-2009, 08:33 AM
HOnestly? With Lewis, I'd be plenty happy. The guy is a leader in every sense of the world, and could make an immediate impact on our D.

With Pacman, I'd be sick. The guy SUCKS, doesn't do ANYTHING BUT get in trouble. I'd have a very hard time rooting for him.

Yep.

dbfan4life
02-27-2009, 08:33 AM
No to Pacman. As much as I despised RL, I would not mind to see him in a Denver uni.

montrose
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.realclearsports.com/blog/Marshall%20Pacman.jpg

cmhargrove
02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
The Cowboys let him go for a reason - they're desperate for good corners also.

supermanhr9
02-27-2009, 08:40 AM
http://www.realclearsports.com/blog/Marshall%20Pacman.jpg

The above pic says it all, I feel dumber for reading it.

Arkansas Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Too be honest id hate it and who ever hired him. Id rather watch another loosing year then see him on the broncos roster and that is very freakin hard to say

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM
No. I like my Denver strip clubs to be guns free!!!

Hotrod
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
I say bring him in. Anytime you have a guy who can come in and help your ball club you bring them in and let them compete. Its a 16 round fight and we need guys who can complete in all 3 phases of the game.

Popcorn Sutton
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow, I'm sure that would go over well with the fanbase. McD and Colonel Xanders first signing: Pacman Jones!!

Dendave
02-27-2009, 09:13 AM
why would anyone sign this guy? At some point you just have to say no. I wish the owners would get together and blackball certain players.

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
I just clubbed a seal. Punching my dog doesn't reflect my sentiment on this idea.

Hotrod
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I miss shannyisums

Arkansas Bronco
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I just clubbed a seal. Punching my dog doesn't reflect my sentiment on this idea.

I hope it was the one who sang "kiss from a rose".

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I hope it was the one who sang "kiss from a rose".

Yes because he is married to the one woman I have permission to cheat on my wife with.

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I miss shannyisums

No you miss Shanny signing and releasing Mustard every 3rd week of the month.

Hotrod
02-27-2009, 10:26 AM
No you miss Shanny signing and releasing Mustard every 3rd week of the month.

Ah the good old days :nono:

OBF1
02-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Pacman Jones is an asslick

Ray Lewis would be a great addition, but will not happen

Ramathorn
02-27-2009, 11:44 AM

I hate for ray lewis has diminished some in the last few years. So i would'nt mind him. But hell no on pacman.

Hogan11
02-27-2009, 02:33 PM
BRING HIM IN!!! He's a firey competitor who likes to have fun out there....if anyone could loosen up guys in the locker room, it'd be him.

::)

Old Dude
02-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Maybe we could install his bodyguards on D. So long as the opposing offense relies on strippers and drunks.

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 02:45 PM
BRING HIM IN!!! He's a firey competitor who likes to have fun out there....if anyone could loosen up guys in the locker room, it'd be him.

::)

OMG UR a H8TR!!!!! PACMAN is aB0t wINnINg!1!111!11!

BroncoMan4ever
02-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Pacman is a good corner when he is on his game, he is way better than anyone we have paired with Champ not named Darrent Williams. his style of play is what McDaniels and Nolan are looking for in a corner. considering the lack of interest in him we can get him on a cheap incentive laden contract, and will be able to sign him to a franchise friendly deal where we can dump him if he acts up.

i say bring him in. let him work with Champ, and learn from Champ. Champ can be a mentor to a troubled young guy with talent the same way Rod Smith is a mentor to Marshall.

bring him in let him compete, if he sucks or is a pain in the ass, dump him, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot.