PDA

View Full Version : Sorry....safety Renaldo Hill VISITS denver.....

PaintballCLE
02-27-2009, 03:23 AM
The Denver Broncos were active early in free agency, getting visit commitments from Miami Dolphins safety Renaldo Hill, Arizona Cardinals halfback J.J. Arrington and Philadelphia Eagles halfback Correll Buckhalter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3938884

i read a thread on foxsports that said we signed them.......then i figured i would post the espn link so that it would be more "authentic".......but didn't read it closely enough to realize it just said visit commitments.

I SWEAR though on the foxsports one this morning it said they were signed which is why i posted it.

Sorry again....

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I dont see anywhere that he's signed. He's visiting today.

Broncos_OTM
02-27-2009, 03:30 AM
yeah you might wanna re read that article and change it

OBF1
02-27-2009, 03:32 AM
He must have posted the wrong link :)

UberBroncoMan
02-27-2009, 04:38 AM
At least we're getting visits from lots of proven and quality starters right! No way we're going to see a team loaded with poor talent through FA anymore :D!

;)

I really hope these aren't the type of players we're only focusing on. Sometimes I almost feel like we're looking ahead to next year.

theAPAOps5
02-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Same with JJ and Correll only visits are what I have seen written.

socalorado
02-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Same with JJ and Correll only visits are what I have seen written.

Good.I am glad its just a visit. Dont want Hill really. i think Arrington can return kicks though? right?

spdirty
02-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Is he better than what we got?

broncofan7
02-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Is he better than what we got?

Edit the thread titile.
Re: arrington--We have Dominick Hi......--oh wait..yeah he is better than what we have.

Popcorn Sutton
02-27-2009, 06:15 AM
I bleed orange and blue: you can edit your own thread titles.... Please do so. Click on your first post and go to advanced to edit the title.

Broncoman13
02-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Ugg, when are we going to bring in Mike Brown or Dawkins. Sanders? McFadden? Any impact player? This is ugly

tsiguy96
02-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Ugg, when are we going to bring in Mike Brown or Dawkins. Sanders? McFadden? Any impact player? This is ugly

i hope this isnt a repeat of shanahans FA model. atleast last years anyway, for needing up to 9 new defensive starters they might want to look at some decent players to begin with.

oubronco
02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
they better get off their assess the good ones are being swept up pretty quickly

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Good.I am glad its just a visit. Dont want Hill really. i think Arrington can return kicks though? right?

Hill is a far better FS than any of the **** we had on defense last year. Infact he's a better CB than Bly.

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
The deal is done?

vancejohnson82
02-27-2009, 07:17 AM
the thread title needs to be changed...

bush league

Ray Finkle
02-27-2009, 07:33 AM

why would you bring in Brown. he can't stay healthy and hasn't been an impact player in years. Dawkins does not want to leave Philly.

montrose
02-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Over or under 12:00 pm on this thread title being changed.

dbfan4life
02-27-2009, 07:38 AM

Uhh...It's like the 1st day of free agency, isn't it? Too early to go jumping off a bridge, dude.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-27-2009, 07:38 AM

I'll take the under.

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 07:40 AM

I'll take the over. I bet he doesn't touch it.

Drek
02-27-2009, 07:54 AM
I'd be fine with signing him. He's still only 30 and he's only missed time one season in his eight year career. He's been a pretty reliably solid contributor in three previous stops as well so its hard to say his production is because of the system.

Basically, he's exactly the kind of vet signing I want to see. Not too old, not too expensive, and with a consistent track record of solid play. No one year wonders or guys who look like they played for a contract, no over the hill guys who can't get it done anymore, and no big ticket guys who aren't 100% guaranteed to produce.

dbfan21
02-27-2009, 07:55 AM
I'll take the over. I bet he doesn't touch it.

Rep. I just said the same thing on the Buckhalter and Arrington thread. It's like everyone hops on the Mane to be the first to post the news, when the news isn't even accurate.

All of these new threads with the same incorrect information is frickin stupid!

Popcorn Sutton
02-27-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't know why it's so hard for people... CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE PLEASE!!

Peoples Champ
02-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Rep. I just said the same thing on the Buckhalter and Arrington thread. It's like everyone hops on the Mane to be the first to post the news, when the news isn't even accurate.

All of these new threads with the same incorrect information is frickin stupid!

Ya, I usually just wait until its official news on the Broncos or Denver post or ESPN. Its a waste of time to try to go through all the rumors just to be the first to find out about something.

Drek
02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Inaccurate thread titles that were just plays on names (saying we signed "Lewis" when it'd be Marvin Lewis, journeyman long snapper and laundry man) were bannable offenses last year.

That rule REALLY needs to be re-instituted.

cmhargrove
02-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Ok fess up, did anyone else get a little excited thinking this was Reynaldo Hill (a really good CB) instead of Renaldo Hill (a journeyman safety)?

However, 77 tackles and 3 INT's in 2008 is not bad at all. He's a definite improvement over what we had.

Elway777
02-27-2009, 08:12 AM
If the price is right I would be O.K. with this signing. I steal don't think he would be a major upgrade at safety . If he is our only safety signed then look for the Broncos to draft a couple of safeties maybe Patrick Chung in the Second round.

Broncos_OTM
02-27-2009, 08:16 AM
If the price is right I would be O.K. with this signing. I steal don't think he would be a major upgrade at safety . If he is our only safety signed then look for the Broncos to draft a couple of safeties maybe Patrick Chung in the Second round.

still or steal?

please dear lord give us a quality starter at S not some scrub

Houshyamama
02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
we're not going to get a Pro-Bowler at every position.

I'm fine with this.

PaintballCLE
02-27-2009, 10:00 AM
better than what we have, though not great by any means

montrose
02-27-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd rather get James Sanders, but I can live with Hill if we land a good SS.

Drek
02-27-2009, 10:43 AM
still or steal?

please dear lord give us a quality starter at S not some scrub

Um, thats what Renaldo Hill is.

Consistently solid tackler and capable of making a play in pass coverage. He's basically the very definition of "quality starter". Just not exceptional.

Houshyamama
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Um, thats what Renaldo Hill is.

Consistently solid tackler and capable of making a play in pass coverage. He's basically the very definition of "quality starter". Just not exceptional.

A Defense full of these with a few "play makers" is enough

GoHAM
02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok fess up, did anyone else get a little excited thinking this was Reynaldo Hill (a really good CB) instead of Renaldo Hill (a journeyman safety)?

However, 77 tackles and 3 INT's in 2008 is not bad at all. He's a definite improvement over what we had.

Ok fess up, did anyone else realize there was a Reynaldo Hill and a Renaldo Hill until you read this post. LOL

Because I didn't. I guess never paid enough attention to The Hills to catch that.

Inkana7
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok fess up, did anyone else realize there was a Reynaldo Hill and a Renaldo Hill until you read this post. LOL

Because I didn't. I guess never paid enough attention to The Hills to catch that.

I did. Reynaldo plays for the Titans, I believe.

My Dolphin fan says that Hill was playing lights out by the end of the season last year, after starting off kinda slow.