PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs’ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1057650.html

Chiefs’ All-Pro guard Waters wants out of Kansas City

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow.... some good stuff in that article.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
I wish Bob was here to try and defend it.

bpc
02-26-2009, 11:00 PM
That's awesome.

Broncos_OTM
02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I wish Bob was here to try and defend it.

Please for the love of god do not ever wish bob back here again..

Kaylore
02-26-2009, 11:43 PM
The Chiefs are a mentally soft team and this is a direct result of years of "player coaches" in Vermeil and Herm.

Bronco Yoda
02-27-2009, 12:17 AM
love it

BroncoMan4ever
02-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Please for the love of god do not ever wish bob back here again..

i forgot about Bob. what ever happened to him?

watermock
02-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Bob is taking the positon of head analyst at the RMN.

dbfan21
02-27-2009, 06:13 AM
The Chiefs are a mentally soft team and this is a direct result of years of "player coaches" in Vermeil and Herm.

EXACTLY! Before reading you comment, I was thinking the same thing as I read the article.

I saw this happen at UCF when administration fired Mike Kruszek and hired George O'Leary. O'Leary is not a player's coach, he has high expectations of the team....as a result, some cry babies quit the team.

worm
02-27-2009, 06:13 AM
This is bad management and bad coaching not the players issue.

ol number 7
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM
This is bad management and bad coaching not the players issue.

Why is it only their best players want to leave?? Haley is off to a great start in KC. Pioli has Belicheck arrogance and Haley Parcells attititude.

gyldenlove
02-27-2009, 06:30 AM
I like this, over the last 12 months, Jared Allen, Tony Gonzalez, Brian Waters and Larry Johnson have all been alienated by that team. No wonder they are bottom feeders.

tsiguy96
02-27-2009, 07:00 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77557

brncobrett
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77557

????

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I really want to bust my gut laughing at the below quote but we are one bad draft away from figting KFC for the cellar:

"According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

We may be picking 5-6 D starters off the street this year. At least we solidified the RB and maybe WR positions.

Rohirrim
02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I warm my hands on this news of discord in Cheffieland. ;D

Rohirrim
02-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I really want to bust my gut laughing at the below quote but we are one bad draft away from figting KFC for the cellar:

"According to the source, Waters flew to Kansas City specifically to meet with Haley and Pioli and hear their plan for the direction of the organization. Pioli declined to meet with Waters, saying they had nothing to discuss, the source said. And Haley began his hallway conversation with Waters by proclaiming that 22 players off the street could win two games, the source said."

We may be picking 5-6 D starters off the street this year. At least we solidified the RB and maybe WR positions.

I guess he hasn't been to Detroit. Hilarious!

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I guess he hasn't been to Detroit. Hilarious!

But Detroit has 4 #1 pick WR's on their team.

Crushaholic
02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

Denver is certainly in "restart" mode, but that comment is still bad to say to a player who HAS done things the correct way for many years.

KCStud
02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Waters has been the "baby" in KC ever since Vermeil was there. Now that real football minds who have the experience of leading teams to the SB come in and say that the team is crap, Waters cries. He's declining. Everybody knows he went to the pro bowl on rep alone.

Not surprised by this at all. He can cry himself out of KC.

SoCalBronco
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Waters has been the "baby" in KC ever since Vermeil was there. Now that real football minds who have the experience of leading teams to the SB come in and say that the team is crap, Waters cries. He's declining. Everybody knows he went to the pro bowl on rep alone.

Really? Then why have you been swallowing him for years?

That's what I thought.

Hotrod
02-27-2009, 01:31 PM

LOL

Kaylore
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Vermeil took two different teams to a Super Bowl and won one of them.

SoCalBronco
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM

Actually, Bob is the head of Pro Personnel for the Broncos.

bowtown
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Post of the Day.

Hotrod
02-27-2009, 01:40 PM

I think it is fair to say Mock if mother****ing back :)

KCStud
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Vermeil took two different teams to a Super Bowl and won one of them.

I was motioning to Waters love fest for Hermit. He was on his bandwagon and so was Gonzo.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Waters and Gonzo said the last few years that the team is "getting there" or "close" when it's not.

Kinda funny that Hermit stated that the team is 85% complete, then experienced coaches who played big parts in leading their team to the SB say the team is not close and exactly what it is....a 2-14 team that needs a lot of work

400HZ
02-27-2009, 01:43 PM

You guys probably have a young stud just waiting to step in and dominate, too. How is it not an upgrade?!?!?!?!

Bob said the same thing when Will Shields quit.

KCStud
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
You guys probably have a young stud just waiting to step in and dominate, too. How is it not an upgrade?!?!?!?!

Bob said the same thing when Will Shields quit.

Well apparently he's not leaving. They told him no. If he does leave, there are plenty of good G's and C's to take in round 2

illbroncsfn
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I would be fine w/Waters wanting to join Wiegman here in Denver....

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I was motioning to Waters love fest for Hermit. He was on his bandwagon and so was Gonzo.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Waters and Gonzo said the last few years that the team is "getting there" or "close" when it's not.

Kinda funny that Hermit stated that the team is 85% complete, then experienced coaches who played big parts in leading their team to the SB say the team is not close and exactly what it is....a 2-14 team that needs a lot of work

Good God your a pathetic excuse for a fan. But then, your a kc fan, so it's not easy being you.

That being said, what the hell are good players supposed to say when their team sucks? Do you want 53 Larry Johnsons in the locker room?

Well maybe you do. Poor, poor cheffie fan...