PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Reporting....

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM
R. Hill from the Dolphins set to visit Denver 2-27-09.

ChampBailey24
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
nice getting some defensive help hopefully

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
This would be an uninspring, marlon mccree esque signing if you ask me. But whatever, we need bodies i guess

bpc
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM
great point Lelo.

McCree has 16 career interceptions. This guy has 15. Both have played 7 or 8 seasons already.

Ehhh.

jebures
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
R. Hill from the Dolphins set to visit Denver 2-27-09.

wtf is this crap? we have the 4th most cap room in league and we are picking off the landfill

Broncos_OTM
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Man they werent kidding when they said they would be going after 2 and 3 tierd guys.

Doggcow
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow the NFL Network chick is hot as hell.

ludo21
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
That was the grand scheme!!! Get rid of all our guys, then get the fanbase wanting anybody to simply fill spots. Genius!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-26-2009, 10:47 PM
First of all this is a VISIT. Not a signing.

Second this is the S position. Let me ask you this. Who was the #1 pass defense? And was the back 4 that good or was the front 7 that great?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
First of all this is a VISIT. Not a signing.

Second this is the S position. Let me ask you this. Who was the #1 pass defense? And was the back 4 that good or was the front 7 that great?

They liked him so much that they showed him the door:) I'm fine with it if they want to sign him, i just dont want a BUNCH of this kind of player.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-26-2009, 10:55 PM
They liked him so much that they showed him the door:) I'm fine with it if they want to sign him, i just dont want a BUNCH of this kind of player.

If you were talking about the D-line or LB posistion I'm right there with you. But what did the past 5 years prove. It provided that having the best CB in the NFL means less then a good passrush.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 11:01 PM
If you were talking about the D-line or LB posistion I'm right there with you. But what did the past 5 years prove. It provided that having the best CB in the NFL means less then a good passrush.

Oh, ive been preaching that from go. I'm saying if Hill is the kind of free agent they also get for the front seven, ill be skeptical. If we signed Canty and Ray Lewis, then sure, bring on Hill.

watermock
02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
no

OBF1
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Championship, Mark it down

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Oh, ive been preaching that from go. I'm saying if Hill is the kind of free agent they also get for the front seven, ill be skeptical. If we signed Canty and Ray Lewis, then sure, bring on Hill.

So its the order of things that has you up set. Look its like this. Its like fixing up a garden. Now this is a really messed up garden, the lawn is messed up, the bushes, the trees, everything. Your saying that lets fix the lawn first when we got somw bushes.

I'm saying that, thats not how you a garden. You get what you can get, how you can get it.

oubronco
02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
**** !!!!!!!

SonOfLe-loLang
02-27-2009, 08:45 AM
So its the order of things that has you up set. Look its like this. Its like fixing up a garden. Now this is a really messed up garden, the lawn is messed up, the bushes, the trees, everything. Your saying that lets fix the lawn first when we got somw bushes.

I'm saying that, thats not how you a garden. You get what you can get, how you can get it.

No no, its not that order. Im making a wild speculation that they'll go after 8 mediocre players instead of 3 impactful ones.

Traveler
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Building through the draft is how I'm viewing this. The names thus far aren't breaking the bank and will allow us to sign some of our own.

BlaK-Argentina
02-27-2009, 08:50 AM
My brother (Dolphins fan) says he sucks. Eh... I don't want this guy.

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Building through the draft is how I'm viewing this. The names thus far aren't breaking the bank and will allow us to sign some of our own.

Reality is setting in for me, this is going to be a 2-3 year rebuild as we are not going to get 6 D starters in the draft. At least half of those will wash out or be out of football in 2 years.

This is if MickyD knows what he is doing and all goes well.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
My brother (Dolphins fan) says he sucks. Eh... I don't want this guy.

Of course he sucks, if he was good Miami wouldnt have rushed to sign Gibril Wilson.

Who knows though, they obviously see something in em.

Doggcow
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Kellen Winslow to Tampa Bay.

Rabb
02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Reality is setting in for me, this is going to be a 2-3 year rebuild as we are not going to get 6 D starters in the draft. At least half of those will wash out or be out of football in 2 years.

This is if MickyD knows what he is doing and all goes well.

yep, time for the real fans to suck it up and endure the ride

this somewhat reminds me of the Nuggets when Kiki came in and cleaned house...sucked a little at first but was necessary to build properly

I couldn't care less if we don't get some FA stud, get some manageable and decent guys and focus on the draft

bjeffrey
02-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, I certainly understand the front office thinking...if you need to replace 8 starters on defense, you have to reconcile yourself to the fact that you have to bring in Quantity first...even if you have to sacrifice quality to some extent. There is a premium on spending money wisely and not overpaying for any one position. Watching it happen may be underwhelming, but it is necessary.

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:30 AM
yep, time for the real fans to suck it up and endure the ride

this somewhat reminds me of the Nuggets when Kiki came in and cleaned house...sucked a little at first but was necessary to build properly

I couldn't care less if we don't get some FA stud, get some manageable and decent guys and focus on the draft

Considering we were 1 year away from Shanny getting us over the hump this is depressing.

If nothing else I move up on the Season Tix list quicker than I thought.

TonyR
02-27-2009, 09:31 AM
...if he was good Miami wouldnt have rushed to sign Gibril Wilson.

I was thinking the same thing but don't know enough about him to give a worthwhile opinion.

montrose
02-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow the NFL Network chick is hot as hell.

She's got nothing on Hannah Storm. God da*n I'm going to have to get up early for SportsCenter each morning after seeing her this morning.

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-27-2009, 12:49 PM
She's got nothing on Hannah Storm. God da*n I'm going to have to get up early for SportsCenter each morning after seeing her this morning.

I'm up for her every morning.

ZING!

Inkana7
02-27-2009, 01:26 PM
My Fins fan friend said that Hill looked average at the start of last year but by the end he was playing lights out.