PDA

View Full Version : We gotta have a backup QB so....

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Would you sign Rex Grossman?

I'm just sayin', he ain't the best, but the boy can sling the deep ball. Behind a good O-line he would certainly be a world above Ramsey or Hackney.

Would 'ya?

socalorado
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
O'Sullivan. hes not bad.

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Sure, it's gotta be someone, why not him?

Man-Goblin
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
What about Matt Cassel? Or would he be a little too expensive?

Ramathorn
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
please step away from the illegal narcotics. when you sober up, try starting a thread again. i wouldnt want that diseased, INT every throw, slower than my dead grandma SOB on this team for anything. And i mean that in the nicest way possible. Give me a break.

Kaylore
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I want to draft someone late and develop them. McDaniels seems to know something about how to do that.

I'd personally want to see Curtis Painter or Chris Pizzotti. But whoever the staff likes will be fine.

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
please step away from the illegal narcotics. when you sober up, try starting a thread again. i wouldnt want that diseased, INT every throw, slower than my dead grandma SOB on this team for anything. And i mean that in the nicest way possible. Give me a break.

Hey man, in 2003 he threw 23 TD's and 20 INT's. That was behind a relatively sad O-line in Chicago. He's at least able to start an NFL game. Can you say that Ramsey had any more potential?

And, next question. Who is your choice?

Hogan11
02-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Is Grossman enough of a scrub for the #2 job?? Maybe, but not for anything more than league minimum.

cutthemdown
02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
IMO Broncos dont need the vet bkup because they aren't going to superbowl with or without a healthy Cutler next yr.

Better would be to draft a young qb, grab another young qb maybe, and then groom them to be good bkups to Cutler.

If one ends up being like a Cassal then you make out by trading them for more then what you drafted them for.

loborugger
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Is Grossman enough of a scrub for the #2 job?? Maybe, but not for anything more than league minimum.

Well he and his agent might not think it, but yes - Sexy Rexy is scrub enough to be a #2.

Killericon
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, sign him up.

Hogan11
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I still wouldn't pony up anything but the bare minimum for him

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
i wouldn't be opposed to Grossman. i agree if you give him a good line to throw behind, good offensive minded coaches and he could be a good backup for us. but for nothing more than the league minimum

BABronco
02-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd like to see us develop Hackney

broncosteven
02-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I want to draft someone late and develop them. McDaniels seems to know something about how to do that.

I'd personally want to see Curtis Painter or Chris Pizzotti. But whoever the staff likes will be fine.

I agree with Drafting a young QB and developing but we need to use all the picks this year on D. Maybe in another year.

I think they bring in some warm UDFA bodies and hope Cutler stays healthy.

Living in Chicago I do not want REXMAN anywhere near my Broncos.

REXMAN is another Jake Plummer without the moxie. NFL teams have learned that REXMAN cannot handle pressure up the middle and couple that with his inability to see over his line = INTS.

He had a Mark Rypen year when they went to the SB. Some of those deep passes were right on the money and in stride but he has not been able to adjust to the changes Defenses have adjusted to him.

Just say no to REXMAN but yes to Mike Brown.

Popcorn Sutton
02-26-2009, 07:02 PM

OK Klis, put down the crack pipe!!!

Dark Helmet
02-27-2009, 02:25 AM

They put the franchise tag on him anyway.

Dark Helmet
02-27-2009, 02:38 AM

I'm just sayin', he ain't the best, but the boy can sling the deep ball. Behind a good O-line he would certainly be a world above Ramsey or Hackney.

Would 'ya?

Grossman is a scrub. I would much rather pick up someone like Trent Green. I'm willing to be they'll stick with Hackney or pick up a QB in the later rounds which will be similar to what NE has done with Cassel.

Drek
02-27-2009, 03:13 AM
I'd like to see us develop Hackney

Not a chance.

Look at NE's recent QBs. Tom Brady, 6'4". Matt Cassel, 6'4". Kevin O'Connell, 6'5".

He's way too short, we'll probably cut him.

I'm expecting a old vet signing, not a guy like Grossman but instead a guy who can just make smart reads and get rid of the ball. Then follow it up with a later round selection that McDaniels will bring along as Cutler's future backup.

BroncoDoug
02-27-2009, 03:18 AM
please for the love of all that is holy, keep Grossman far far away from the Broncos!!

Drunk Monkey
02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing in Garcia, I think his days as a started are done and I would feel much better with him backing up Jay the Rex.

supermanhr9
02-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Bring Back Bradlee Van Pelt...

dbfan21
02-27-2009, 06:22 AM

Would 'ya?

No way....he absolutely sucks! I'd rather keep Ramsey. Just my 2 cents...

Beej
02-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Griese!!!

gunns
02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
No way....he absolutely sucks! I'd rather keep Ramsey. Just my 2 cents...

I agree he absolutely sucks, don't want him, but Ramsey even out does Grossman in the sucks department.

rastaman
02-27-2009, 07:03 AM
If he's still available how about Chris Leaks! I heard he was thinking about the CFL.

I don't think he got a fair shake with the Bears 07 and Chiefs 08.

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I agree he absolutely sucks, don't want him, but Ramsey even out does Grossman in the sucks department.

Ramsey can't get the ball out to the flat. I know NE has used the deep out/in in the past, I don't see him making the squad this year.

That said until they release him my Internets random speculation is that he will compete against UDFA's or maybe one Vet Min Vet in TC and PS and be cut before the season starts.

If your rebuilding why keep a worthless 2nd string QB?

Elway777
02-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Trent Green was cut by the Rams?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
I hear Jeff George is available.

What's that? Oh, no, that's alright. I'll show myself out.

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Grossman is a ligit #2 QB and if he comes cheap, then I think he's as good as any of the other #2s out there. Ramsey is a big pansy. In fact that's what I'm gonna call him from now on Pansey.

Grossman is every bit as good as Pansey.

But I do agree the Broncos need to draft a QB in the late rounds. In fact, if you do a seach of my past posts and drafting QBs, you'll see that I endorse the philosophy that you should take a late round QB every year, because you can never have too much depth at this position.

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Grossman is a ligit #2 QB and if he comes cheap, then I think he's as good as any of the other #2s out there. Ramsey is a big pansy. In fact that's what I'm gonna call him from now on Pansey.

Grossman is every bit as good as Pansey.

But I do agree the Broncos need to draft a QB in the late rounds. In fact, if you do a seach of my past posts and drafting QBs, you'll see that I endorse the philosophy that you should take a late round QB every year, because you can never have too much depth at this position.

If REXMAN really loves football and has no desire to start his Handball career for another 10 years I guess in the right system he could be coached up.

I don't like the fact of having an ex-starter, a guy who started the SB as my backup. I can't see his ego allowing him to be the clipboard guy.

I prefer the Kubiack kinda BU who knows he is not going to start but knows the system well enough to step in for a few plays or couple of games.

Get a young Kubes from UDFA pool

kdissette
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
grossman isnt coming to denver i heard he is headed somewhere on the east coast. I think we should bring in a solid veteran backup that would give some guideance to our young brash qb

Punisher
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Griese!!!

!Booya! bring in the Gries

Crushaholic
02-27-2009, 12:02 PM
I was shocked when Lovie benched Grossman in favor of Kyle Orton. I have a friend who is a Bears fan, so I've watched at least a portion of nearly every Bears game over the past 5 or 6 years. Grossman makes mistakes, but he is battle-tested. I would ABSOLUTELY trust the backup job to Grossman. Cutler is the man, but Grossman wouldn't be much of a step down. If the deal is cap-friendly, I'd say go for it...

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I was shocked when Lovie benched Grossman in favor of Kyle Orton. I have a friend who is a Bears fan, so I've watched at least a portion of nearly every Bears game over the past 5 or 6 years. Grossman makes mistakes, but he is battle-tested. I would ABSOLUTELY trust the backup job to Grossman. Cutler is the man, but Grossman wouldn't be much of a step down. If the deal is cap-friendly, I'd say go for it...

Orton is the better of the 2. He can run the O and manage the game well. If they had receivers who could catch the ball he would look even better.

He is not going to toss up the long ball like REXMAN did in his Mark Rypen year but he is not going to throw the stupid INT.

If Duh Bears upgrade their WR's they are going to have to pay neck beard before the end of the year.

Crushaholic
02-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Orton is the better of the 2. He can run the O and manage the game well. If they had receivers who could catch the ball he would look even better.

He is not going to toss up the long ball like REXMAN did in his Mark Rypen year but he is not going to throw the stupid INT.

If Duh Bears upgrade their WR's they are going to have to pay neck beard before the end of the year.

Yeah, it appears that Lovie was correct about Orton. Grossman, IMO, would still be an ideal backup in Denver.

cabronco
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing in Garcia, I think his days as a started are done and I would feel much better with him backing up Jay the Rex.

I'd have to agree with Monkey. If they go the way of an experienced vet, Garcia would be a good choice imo. If McD wants to develop some youngster we dont realy know about, I would trust his judgement.