PDA

View Full Version : Final Mock Offseason before FA starts...

GoBroncos84
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
9 Free Agent Signings:

Safeties: Sean Jones, James Sanders

Alternates: Brian Dawkins, Jermain Phillips, Mike Brown

DE- Chris Canty, Shaun Cody

Alternates: Mike Wright, Igor Olshansky, C. J. Mosley, Antonio Smith, Anthony Weaver

NT- Grady Jackson

Alternates: Colin Cole, Ronald Fields

CB- Bryant McFadden

Alternates: Ron Bartell, Chris McAlister, Leigh Bodden, Phillip Buchannon

KR- Justin Miller

WR- Michael Clayton

Alternates: Laverneus Coles, Joey Galloway, Nate Washington

RB- Fred Taylor

This may not be completely realistic, but its my "checklist" that I will be crossing names off of as the days progress and people get signed. I think Clayton, Taylor, Jackson, Miller, and Cody(I like him in a 3-4) can all come fairly cheap. The next tier would be Sanders and Jones, each getting around 4 million a season I think (Yeremiah Bell just got a 4 year 20 million dollar deal. Sanders and Jones are younger, but neither was as productive as Bell). McFadden will get more than that because of the position he plays, and Canty is going to be a bidding war. I listed alternates that may be more cap friendly and would be good fits for us.

DRAFT

1- Rey Maualuga (MLB USC)

Alt: Knowshon Moreno

2- Ron Brace (NT Boston College)

Alt: Connor Barwin

3- Jarron Gilbert (DE/DT SJSU)

Alt: Terrance Taylor, Fili Moala

4- Antoine Caldwell (C Alabama)

5a- Phillip Hunt (DE/OLB Houston)

5b- David Bruton (FS Notre Dame)

6- Louie Sakoda (K Utah)

7a- Zach Potter (DE Nebraska)

7b- Jordan Norwood (WR Penn State)

Elway777
02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Pretty good draft. I would not mind Rey Rey ,Barwin and Gilbert with our first 3 picks. Burton blow away the Combine so I see him as a 4 round pick or Better.Hunt real good value in the 5 round. Zach Porter is a great pick in 7 round. I was disappointed that Victor Butler only ran a 4.8 but it was a slow track. I was hoping Butler would run a 4.6 but I would still use a 6 round pick on him.

GoBroncos84
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Pretty good draft. I would not mind Rey Rey ,Barwin and Gilbert with our first 3 picks. Burton blow away the Combine so I see him as a 4 round pick or Better.Hunt real good value in the 5 round. Zach Porter is a great pick in 7 round. I was disappointed that Victor Butler only ran a 4.8 but it was a slow track. I was hoping Butler would run a 4.6 but I would still use a 6 round pick on him.

Thanks for the feedback. I also see Bruton possibly moving up the boards, he did do well at the combine. Perhaps Darcel McBath would still be on the board at that pick. But if he is there, Bruton would be my choice of the two.

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Are you sure, this is the final, final mock before FA begins. I want to make sure this isn't an unofficial or "nearly final" mock before FA begins.

Just razzin 'ya.

I would be happy to see most of those guys on the roster. It will be very interesting to see what the "new guys" do, and how much they are willing to pay.

GoBroncos84
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Are you sure, this is the final, final mock before FA begins. I want to make sure this isn't an unofficial or "nearly final" mock before FA begins.

I base all of the major decisions in my life off of fortune cookie readings. That makes it very difficult for me to say anything for sure, but I think this will be my last mock until FA begins. Unless the "prophets" start getting very specific.

I have to go sit on my couch and await the good fortune that is coming to me and bet my pension on my lucky numbers. Thanks for reviewing my post :thumbs:

backup qb
02-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Consider yourself lucky if you have a pension left.