PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks Post-Combine Mock Draft

montrose
02-25-2009, 05:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/02/25/mock1/index.html

Has Denver taking USC LB Brian Cushing at #12.

ludo21
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
sounds good to me.

Im getting more and more scared of some of the first round guys this year. Ill take a Cushing and live with the fact he wont improve a ton in the NFL

ohiobronco2
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
sounds good to me.

Im getting more and more scared of some of the first round guys this year. Ill take a Cushing and live with the fact he wont improve a ton in the NFL

Wonder what nickname we could give to him and Boss?

backup qb
02-25-2009, 06:17 PM
So is the consensus with Cushing that he has a limited ceiling or are those just your thoughts? Is he a what you see is what you get type?

ludo21
02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
So is the consensus with Cushing that he has a limited ceiling or are those just your thoughts? Is he a what you see is what you get type?

Im no expert at all but from what Mayock has said and other scout "experts" have said is just that. He is basically at his ceiling.

I dont know for sure tho, Im not sure where these things come from tho?

Mediator?

Rohirrim
02-25-2009, 06:33 PM

I doubt that. Cushing is a Type A personality who is obsessed with his performance. It's one thing to say that a guy has physical limitations, it's another to say a player can't move beyond them through sheer effort. Cushing has the kind of high intensity personality that excels in the NFL.

Ziggy
02-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Wonder what nickname we could give to him and Boss?

Crash and Crutch?

Bam Bam and Band Aid?

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Curry first overall?
Crabtree going 4th?

I dunno about that
I dont know a ton about Cushing, I wouldnt dislike the pick.

Would he be an OLB or a MLB?

I would prolly prefer Tyson Jackson though, he seems to have a much higher ceiling

TheReverend
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
He also has Rey going at 5.

This is ridiculous.

backup qb
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys. I probably watched less college football this year than ever and haven't seen much combine coverage so I was just curious.

summerdenver
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
He had Rey at 5, Everette Brown at 25 and Donald Bronw going before Chris Wells That's crazy stuff.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I like Cushing, I love his blue collar, tough-nosed attitude and think he would of be a instant impact for the Defense

chaz
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Maclin falling to 17? Maybin at 11?

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I dunna if Cushing is worth the 12th pick. Yes, the Broncos could use him, but at 12, I dunno.

nickademus
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
this mock is horrible I doubt he as more than one pick right in the top ten here.

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:24 AM
i think he might not have as high of a ceiling as other guys who may be more athletically gifted, but i really think he is a guy who can get better and finally hit his peak in a few years. i don't think he is a guy who is just going to be the what you see is what you get type of draft pick.

and even if i am wrong and he is at his ceiling now, he would still be a vast improvement over every other LB on the roster.

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:27 AM
I like Cushing, I love his blue collar, tough-nosed attitude and think he would of be a instant impact for the Defense

i see him and i think of Urlacher. they are both guys with decent athletic ability, both are hard working tough competitive guys you would want on your team.

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:54 AM
would the Chiefs really take Eugene Monroe at number 3 for him to be a RT? or would they bring him to man the LT and move Albert back to his natural RT?

it just seems too early of a pick at number 3 for a RT to me.

and that is just 1 of many weird things i see in this mock. I also have to believe the Chiefs will take either Stafford or Sanchez at number 3.

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
That is one of the absolute worst mock drafts I have ever, ever seen. Don Banks should be demoted to covering pee wee football.

It's even better reading his justifications for each pick.

Another one that hasn't been brought up - Sanchez over Stafford? Really?

And it's really popular for everyone to have the Chargers pick an RB in the first round this year when they franchised Sproles and are working to keep LT. Moreno is a feature back, you don't draft a guy like him to sit on the bench.

They need to replenish their D-line, and I guarantee Rivera is making his voice heard. They missed Merriman terribly last year. They couldn't go wrong picking up more first round talent on the D-line.

Sheesh.

ohiobronco2
02-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Crash and Crutch?

Bam Bam and Band Aid?

They both spend so much time injured, I can't tell one from the other.

lex
02-26-2009, 11:49 AM
He had Rey at 5, Everette Brown at 25 and Donald Bronw going before Chris Wells That's crazy stuff.

SI likes to have guys do this because they think it helps their writers stay relevant.

ZONA
02-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I think this is a no brainer. If Raji is taken before #12 or we can't swing a deal to move up to get him, I think our front office will look to move down. No way in heck do we take a LB at #12 when you have several LB's available that all have 1st round talent. It really is hard to say which of these guys will be the best but right now, it's about value. Who is available and where do we pick. Some of these guys will still be on the board around 20-25 I believe.

Brian Cushing
Rey Maualuga
Clay Mathews
James Laurinaitis
Clint Sintim
Aaron Curry
Everette Brown

ward63
02-26-2009, 12:23 PM
I think this is a no brainer. If Raji is taken before #12 or we can't swing a deal to move up to get him, I think our front office will look to move down. No way in heck do we take a LB at #12 when you have several LB's available that all have 1st round talent. It really is hard to say which of these guys will be the best but right now, it's about value. Who is available and where do we pick. Some of these guys will still be on the board around 20-25 I believe.

Brian Cushing
Rey Maualuga
Clay Mathews
James Laurinaitis
Clint Sintim
Aaron Curry
Everette Brown

If he's for some un-Godly known reason there at 12 and we don't take him, then I'd rather just go back to Shanahan's busts! That would be the biggest fall ever and one of the dumbest moves by the organization.

ZONA
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
If he's for some un-Godly known reason there at 12 and we don't take him, then I'd rather just go back to Shanahan's busts! That would be the biggest fall ever and one of the dumbest moves by the organization.

Yeah, I think Curry is the only one I would take at #12 and feel good about the value. After him, I think the rest are very close in talent and why take one of them at #12 when we could take a different one at #20 and probably pick up a 2nd rounder, a high 3rd at the very least.

snowspot66
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
At this point I'm hoping some offensive talent will fall to us at 12 and we can ditch the pick for more picks. If that doesn't work....Hell I'd let the clock expire a few times so we can take the same guy at a lower price tag.

lex
02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I think Curry is the only one I would take at #12 and feel good about the value. After him, I think the rest are very close in talent and why take one of them at #12 when we could take a different one at #20 and probably pick up a 2nd rounder, a high 3rd at the very least.

Yeah, now all you need to do is click your ruby red slippers and summon the Trade Down Fairy.

nickademus
02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I would take Curry or Raji at 12 but I would prefer Curry but I just dont see him falling out of the top 10 and possibly the top 5.

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Brian Cushing
Rey Maualuga
Clay Mathews
James Laurinaitis
Clint Sintim
Aaron Curry
Everette Brown

I just don't see how Curry and Maualuga are there at 12. One being there, possibly yes, but both?

This is a strong LB group, in a strong defensive draft. It's like a great year to be in need of a LBer. That being said, no way Curry is there at 12. If he was, and the Broncos got him, I'd wet my pants with joy.