PDA

View Full Version : Sirius: Not so fast on Ray Lewis to Dallas, Denver a darkhorse

montrose
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Sirius NFL Radio reported that while the Ravens are closing in on a deal with Bart Scott, it spells the likely end to the Ray Lewis era in Baltimore. While many have linked Lewis to Dallas, the Cowboys have made getting a new deal completed for DeMarcus Ware. In addition, the Cowboys were happy with the play of Bradie James and Jerry Jones apparently does not believe locker room troubles and lack of leadership effected his team last season. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be interested in Lewis, but it may not be the shoe-in some have made it out to be. When discussing possibilities for Lewis, the Jets remained the obvious #1 choice but the station reported the Broncos are a darkhorse for Lewis' services according to a few "in the know" from around the league. Lewis won a Defensive Player of the Year award under new Broncos DC Mike Nolan and could fill a leadership void as an ILB on the Denver defense.

Popps
02-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I've mentioned to a few people that I have a feeling we sign him. I hope I'm wrong, but for whatever reason... I just have an instinct that we will. Absolutely nothing upon which to base that.

The Dallas types I've spoken with says they're in all sorts of cap/$$ trouble down there. How are they going to dole out big money for Lewis?

Popps
02-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Lewis won a Defensive Player of the Year award under new Broncos DC Mike Nolan and could fill a leadership void as an ILB on the Denver defense.

I guess if I had to pick a reason for my gut feeling... this would be it.

theAPAOps5
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Just pass on Slash.....er

montrose
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I wonder how the Bronco faithful would feel about Ray dancing to fire up the South Stands before leading the Broncos in a chant of "What time is it?"

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I would ADORE this signing. Ray Lewis's teammates LOVE him and he brings instant attitude and snarl to the D. Would be a fantastic, a FANTASTIC signing. Arguably the best D leader in football. I have no clue why the ravens wouldnt want this guy back, declining skill and all

montrose
02-25-2009, 05:42 PM
I would ADORE this signing. Ray Lewis's teammates LOVE him and he brings instant attitude and snarl to the D. Would be a fantastic, a FANTASTIC signing. Arguably the best D leader in football. I have no clue why the ravens wouldnt want this guy back, declining skill and all

I think they view the younger Suggs and Scott as more important and probably think Ray has overestimated his value and once he starts getting the offers from other teams - he'll realize he's best off to stay in Baltimore.

As far as Denver goes, he's a short-term fix that if we got Lynch-like production and leadership out of, I'd view as a solid move. With that, he's not coming to a defense this bad unless we really overpay for him, so I'd prefer to give Larsen a shot next to DJ.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I would ADORE this signing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I think they view the younger Suggs and Scott as more important and probably think Ray has overestimated his value and once he starts getting the offers from other teams - he'll realize he's best off to stay in Baltimore.

I agree. Though it would be sweet if we could steal him. It would go a long way to making the broncos D competant. Lynch-esque signing, cept probably better if you ask me

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So you dont like hall of fame linebackers that are great leaders? Does this type of thing not appeal to you. I guess you do root for the right team then.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah not happy about that

He isnt going to have the talent here like he did in Baltimore, plus he is old and his skills are declining
He is not going to be anywhere near the player here he was with Baltimore

If we need veteran leadership, sign Donnie Edwards instead
He will be much cheaper, and he doesnt kill people

theAPAOps5
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
So you dont like hall of fame linebackers that are great leaders? Does this type of thing not appeal to you. I guess you do root for the right team then.

No some people just don't like murderers.....

TonyR
02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd love to have the guy but not if the financial obligation would limit the team's ability to add multiple pieces. We need to sign several players in FA and I'm not sure an expensive, older player is the best move from a medium to long term rebuild perspective.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
No some people just don't like murderers.....

Oh, whatever...we're rooting for a football team here. People seem to love him, his teammates constantly vouch for him and he loves playing football.

ZONA
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
The only reason I wouldn't want him here is if he is asking too much. I know he's on the downside of his career but that's still better then any LB's we have right now. Maybe top 15 money I could live with but no way in hell I pay him top 5.

Taco John

No, I just think you came off sounding incredibly dorky... aside from the fact that Ray Lewis is a criminal (as far as I'm concerned), watching you reach into his jock like Bob looking for a ham sandwhich using words like "ADORE" is hilarious.

BroncoInferno
I'm more in favor of a youth movement, but if it's a two or three deal and the rest of our moves go toward youth, then I'm on board. The guy can still play.

theAPAOps5
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Oh, whatever...we're rooting for a football team here. People seem to love him, his teammates constantly vouch for him and he loves playing football.

So human life and morals go out the window for you then just as long as he helps wind a game for the team you like? Someone needs to get their priorities straight.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
No, I just think you came off sounding incredibly dorky... aside from the fact that Ray Lewis is a criminal (as far as I'm concerned), watching you reach into his jock like Bob looking for a ham sandwhich using words like "ADORE" is hilarious.

Wow...that's lovely. What are we in 3rd grade?

broncofan2438
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Im in for it.......Bring him in

Taco John
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Wow...that's lovely. What are we in 3rd grade?

ADORE! ADORE! ADORE!

Talk like a man.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
So human life and morals go out the window for you then just as long as he helps wind a game for the team you like? Someone needs to get their priorities straight.

In this case, i honestly couldnt give half a ****. I understand that might be in the minority opinion. I dont remember the case all that well, obviously he was acquitted. But i dont know the man personally, dont know the situation and what really happened, and its not like im letting him babysit.

Its the same for when Broncos are not Broncos anymore. Like i remember Alec called me a stupid ahole for not caring too much about Rod Smith when he left the broncos. Seems like a nice guy, i wish him well, but im not gonna slobber over or judge people when i dont know them personally. I root for the uniform.

I dont see how priorities even play into this.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:54 PM
ADORE! ADORE! ADORE!

Talk like a man.

This might have been the dumbest thing you've ever said. And you've said some dumb things.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm more in favor of a youth movement, but if it's a two or three deal and the rest of our moves go toward youth, then I'm on board. The guy can still play.

I just think about watching Romanowski trying to play after he got to a certain age. His intensity was still there, but his ability to make play wasn't, and he was more of a liability than an assett.

But, the guy clearly has something in his tank still. 117 tackles and 3 interceptions is nothing to shake a stick at.

theAPAOps5
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
OJ was acquitted too. I guess if look at the players as characters on the TV and not real people then I can see your line of thinking. But I see them as people and I can't root for the guy. So we agree to disagree.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
This might have been the dumbest thing you've ever said. And you've said some dumb things.

Whatever you say. I'm just glad I'm not the one on a football message board using words like "ADORE" to describe this guy:

http://www.thermocaster.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ray-lewis.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
OJ was acquitted too. I guess if look at the players as characters on the TV and not real people then I can see your line of thinking. But I see them as people and I can't root for the guy. So we agree to disagree.

That's fine. And yes, you hit on it exactly...its not that i dont see them as real people, per se, they just dont effect my life other than their play on the football field. I'd care if Ray's personality effected the locker room, but thats not the case here.

ludo21
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
I wouldnt mind it depending on price...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Whatever you say. I'm just glad I'm not the one on a football message board using words like "ADORE" to describe this guy:

http://www.thermocaster.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ray-lewis.jpg

wow, you just wont let this go will you. You sound like a child.

BroncoInferno
02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I just think about watching Romanowski trying to play after he got to a certain age. His intensity was still there, but his ability to make play wasn't, and he was more of a liability than an assett.

But, the guy clearly has something in his tank still. 117 tackles and 3 interceptions is nothing to shake a stick at.

Exactly. I see the point on your Romanowski example, and there are countless examples of guys who hit a certain age, look great one year, then all of a sudden hit a wall seemingly out of nowhere. That is why I would only be in favor of a two year deal, three at the most. And then, with the caveat that the rest of our moves are for sub-30 year old guys. But, regardless of what you may think of him off the field, he is an unquestioned leader on it and in the locker room. That alone would be worth something, particularly for a defense in transition, and as you stated, he played pretty damn well last season.

Atlas
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I hope that murdering son-of-a-bitch breaks his ****ing leg the first day of min-camp for WHATEVER team he signs for.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
wow, you just wont let this go will you. You sound like a child.

I can't help it if you keep coming back...

http://everykilowattcounts.ca/images/kids/yo-yo.jpg

i ADORE playing with yo yos... :)

broncos-rock
02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I think we need a leader obviously he fills that role but at the same time this is a young team and we need youth. We need to find our own leader...hello Malaluga I think he could be the next Al Wilson type leader that this defense desperately needs. Although how upgraded would this D be with Lewis and Peppers!

Taco John
02-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Exactly. I see the point on your Romanowski example, and there are countless examples of guys who hit a certain age, look great one year, then all of a sudden hit a wall seemingly out of nowhere. That is why I would only be in favor of a two year deal, three at the most. And then, with the caveat that the rest of our moves are for sub-30 year old guys. But, regardless of what you may think of him off the field, he is an unquestioned leader on it and in the locker room. That alone would be worth something, particularly for a defense in transition, and as you stated, he played pretty damn well last season.

On that point, if we're going to sign him, it needs to be a long term deal - like 5 years - in order to dilute the signing bonus cap hit.

Atlas
02-25-2009, 06:04 PM
http://perfectlygoodink.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83421009653ef010536e3a3e0970c-pi

ohiobronco2
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I only want him if we don't get Michael Vick, Rae Carruth, and Leonard Little.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM

The Juice would break off 2k in our system

Too bad he is in prison though

Oh well Vick is almost out...

Atlas
02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
I only want him if we don't get Michael Vick, Rae Carruth, and Leonard Little.

REP

DenverBrit
His leadership, passion and knowledge would be invaluable for the next couple of years as Denver assembles a Defense.

Reasonable price? Bring him in.

Taco John
Newsome: Ravens may not be able to keep Lewis from free agency
Linebacker may want to test market; GM says negotiations ongoing
By Jamison Hensley | jamison.hensley@baltsun.com
4:46 PM EST, February 25, 2009
General manager Ozzie Newsome said the Ravens are continuing negotiations with Ray Lewis but he doesn't know whether the team can re-sign the Pro Bowl linebacker before the start of free agency Friday.

"I can't answer that question," Newsome said today. "We're making progress. We're continuing to talk."

It is believed that Lewis wants to test the free-agent market to gauge his worth. This would mark the first time in his 13-year career that he would become a free agent.

Lewis, 33, has been generally ranked among the top five free agents available.

---------------------

You don't get the sense that he's going to come cheap...

baja
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't like him and would not enjoy seeing him in a Broncos uniform.

But if he helps us win i could pretend he is someone else. ;D

Taco John
02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Will Albert Haynesworth Determine Ray Lewis' Payday?
Here’s the situation: Ray Lewis has earned the right to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL over his 13 years. The problem is that Albert Haynesworth has earned the same right over the course of the last few years.

And with Haynesworth being looked at by NFL teams like Tyra Banks’ first Sports Illustrated cover, (http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/gallery/tyra/tyra_banks9.jpg) Lewis looks more and more like one of the blondes in the back that used to be hot, but got the doors blown off her when Tyra stepped on the scene.

Here’s the situation: Ray Lewis has earned the right to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL over his 13 years. The problem is that Albert Haynesworth has earned the same right over the course of the last few years.

The rumor in Charm City is that Haynesworth is looking for upwards of $15 million-per-year, which may make Lewis’ run at $10 million-per-year seem down right silly.

---------------

The guy is looking for $10 million a year? Seriously?

ADORE my ass... That would suck if we were paying him that kind of jack.

baja
02-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Adore your own ass I'll pass. ;D

brother love
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
The defense needs a leader.

He would be that leader!

Paladin
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
TJ, you are so adorable when you get all obsessed and hot and bothered about nothing. It's cute......

Just say no. I would prefer Scott, but then, that isn't going to happen. I have some hopes that the Broncos can draft a couple of LBs.
to get to the 3-4, they need one or two. There were several good candidates at the combine, and there may be a vet or two out there who might be a good stop gap for a couple of years......

Gcver2ver3
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM
this board finds reasons to NOT want Denver to sign every player that comes available...

Ray Lewis is the best player-as-leader of this generation...

I have never in my life seen a single player be rallied around so much, and garner so much respect from players from EVERY team...he gets his troops ready for war every week and leaves NOTHING on the field...

It's actually hard to imagine a defense he anchors not have success...he would be a great way to turn around the mentality of this defense...

whether you like him or not, his leadership is unrivaled...

oh and he can still play...and will for at least a couple more years..he's a freak...

in the end i really don't think it matters anyway...no way he picks us over the Jets...

Fusionfrontman
02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
this board finds reasons to NOT want Denver to sign every player that comes available...

I have never in my life seen a single player be rallied around so much, and garner so much respect from players from EVERY team...he gets his troops ready for war every week and leaves NOTHING on the field...

It's actually hard to imagine a defense he anchors not have success...he would be a great way to turn around the mentality of this defense...

oh and he can still play...and will for at least a couple more years..he's a freak...

in the end i really don't think it matters anyway...no way he picks us over the Jets...

Good post. I think this board tends to be VERY picky with players, and thank god its not up to them to make GM descisions, otherwise we wouldn't be able to field a team! If Ray signs with us, cool. If not, cool. I don;t have feelings either way. He's a stop gap. But his leadership would be valuable. As far as his off the field stuff, whatever. I won;t buy his jersey, just like I won't A-Rod's, but I'll still root for the team he is on and hope he succeeds with us. With our team. Not as an individual number. If Lewis racks up 10 sacks, 3 picks and over 100 tackles, most at the LOS, I don;'t think people here will be complaining, this SB ring is not valid b/c a murderer helped us get there.

rovolution
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
he would bring a firey passion we havent seen since Gerard Warren slammed into Smoke Dogs neck in Cutlers first start.

i would love it. go watch the 2000 americas game and your opinion of ray lewis will change. he is a firey leader whos mere presence increases the passion and intensity of his teammates by tenfold. we need someone like that on D.

Fusionfrontman
02-25-2009, 06:47 PM
And not to get too caught up on the whole 'adore' thing, but that was a very odd word choice when describing a football team signing a player.
I adore my girlfriend.
I adore my little cousin.
I do not adore that man's muscles.
I do not adore Ray Lewis.

Broncojef
02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Lets just pass on Ray, there are enough young guys like Malauluga that I would prefer to cheer for and watch grow into a leader.

Gcver2ver3
02-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Good post. I think this board tends to be VERY picky with players, and thank god its not up to them to make GM descisions, otherwise we wouldn't be able to field a team! If Ray signs with us, cool. If not, cool. I don;t have feelings either way. He's a stop gap. But his leadership would be valuable. As far as his off the field stuff, whatever. I won;t buy his jersey, just like I won't A-Rod's, but I'll still root for the team he is on and hope he succeeds with us. With our team. Not as an individual number. If Lewis racks up 10 sacks, 3 picks and over 100 tackles, most at the LOS, I don;'t think people here will be complaining, this SB ring is not valid b/c a murderer helped us get there.

exactly...

i don't know the guy and will not attempt to judge him...

i don't know or care to know if he's a "bad person"...

i just want the Broncos to win football games...

and if the Broncos want to overpay to lure the best leader & MLB of this generation, then how can i possibly get upset?...

maher_tyler
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
He'd bring much needed leadership...but if that $10 mil a year is true, then no way in hell!!

Rohirrim
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't like him and would not enjoy seeing him in a Broncos uniform.

But if he helps us win i could pretend he is someone else. ;D

You hypocritical slimeball...

The guy is a murderer...

I could pretend too. ;D

I don't know if I could "adore" him, though.

FantomForce
02-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Over the ****ing hill! PASS!

Natedog24
02-25-2009, 07:00 PM
If the price was right I guess. It would be one less position that Denver would need to fill in this draft but I would honestly feel dirty cheering for him or seeing him in a Bronco uni. I would get over it pretty fast if Denver started to actually play some defense though...

Fusionfrontman
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
exactly...

i don't know the guy and will not attempt to judge him...

i don't know or care to know if he's a "bad person"...

i just want the Broncos to win football games...

and if the Broncos want to overpay to lure the best leader & MLB of this generation, then how can i possibly get upset?...

Yeah, I don't get the holier than thou attitude some people here exemplify. You know his play as a football player, not him as a human being. Most of us don't. Why judge him. It does nothing.

TonyR
02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
There are certainly reasons to be opposed to bringing in Ray Lewis -- his age, the price tag, etc. -- but this "murderer" stuff is a bit over done. For one thing we don't know that he is a murderer. There's no evidence that he killed anyone so I'm not sure why some of you are making yourselves the judge and jury in a case you know very little about. For another thing, I'm not aware that Ray Lewis has had any notable off field "incidents" since that one. And that was over 8 years ago. Instead, he's one of the most respected players not only on his team but in the league. Logic would suggest that's actually the kind of guy you should want on your team.

As I stated in an earlier post I don't think he's the best choice from a medium to long term perspective for a team that's rebuilding its defense almost from the ground up. But I think some of you should come up with more rational reasons for not wanting him than the "murderer" crapola.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I don't get the holier than thou attitude some people here exemplify. You know his play as a football player, not him as a human being. Most of us don't. Why judge him. It does nothing.

Ok there is a difference between being an a-hole, and killing someone

I can completely understand why someone would not want a person who as actually killed someone on their team regardless of their skills or leadership abilities.

Leanord Little was a very good defensive end, that does not excuse his actions off the football field.
Granted what Lewis did I dont think is on par with Little, but its a little more than mistakes everyone makes

Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone kills a person

broncofan7
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I would vomit profusely if we sign Ray-ray.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
He'd bring much needed leadership...but if that $10 mil a year is true, then no way in hell!!

Its not your god damn money. END OF STORY. Do you know what going cheap in LBs gets you? Jamie Winborn, Nate Webster, Mario Haggan, Louis Green. Heaven forbid we paid for some ****ing talent around here. What do you people think that someone talented is going to take a damn pay cut? YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET.

Gcver2ver3
02-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Its not your god damn money. END OF STORY. Do you know what going cheap in LBs gets you? Jamie Winborn, Nate Webster, Mario Haggan, Louis Green. Heaven forbid we paid for some ****ing talent around here. What do you people think that someone talented is going to take a damn pay cut? YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET.

excellent...

TonyR
02-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone kills a person

Do you know for a fact that Ray Lewis killed someone? Or are you basing this on your vague recollections of an incident that occurred over 8 years ago? Or perhaps you were there to witness it? I'm curious.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Except we wont get defensive player of the year Lewis
He wont have Nata to protect him, he will have Kenny Peterson and Marcus Thomas

There are better investments out there, letter Snyder and Al Davis blow their money on him

GreatBronco16
02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Question. Would Ray Lewis instantly improve this defense? Answer is yes. I don't like the guy anymore than the next person, but, I want the defense improved, and I want a fire, hell, I'll take just a little spark for that unit, and that is what Lewis will bring. Right now we don't have a leader on the D. He would come in and take that roll. He would make sure everyone is playing their hardest out on the field and he would hold everyone on the D accountable.

I don't care, I say get his ass in here. Pony up the money and get him.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:24 PM

There are better investments out there, letter Snyder and Al Davis blow their money on him

You have no clue who will be playing infront of him and he was good his whole damn career not just when Nata got there. Year in and year out he is the regarded as the BEST LB in the NFL, just like Peppers is at DE. If you want those type of players you have to pay for them. Just like what we did with Champ. The words cheap and SUPERSTAR don't go together.

Have you ever heard someone say man that fat hairy bitch is hot? Somethings just don't go together.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Do you know for a fact that Ray Lewis killed someone? Or are you basing this on your vague recollections of an incident that occurred over 8 years ago? Or perhaps you were there to witness it? I'm curious.

Exactly, since he wasn't a witness he can't make any claim about whether or not Ray Lewis was a murderer. Who cares if at best, his rented limo was used as the getaway car from the scene and he helped the actual murderers ditch their bloody clothes and the knives that were used? None of us were there, so who are we to judge?

GreatBronco16
02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Exactly, since he wasn't a witness he can't make any claim about whether or not Ray Lewis was a murderer. Who cares if at best, his rented limo was used as the getaway car from the scene and he helped the actual murderers ditch their bloody clothes and the knives that were used? None of us were there, so who are we to judge?

We are not to judge. God will judge him when his time comes.

Gcver2ver3
02-25-2009, 07:27 PM

again, more excuses on why NOT to bring a player in...

too old, too small, too expensive, character concerns, overrated, injury-prone, etc...this board will find a reason nor rain or shine to say no to a player...

what better investment is there?...Channing Crowder, Takeo Spikes, Keith Brookings?...i'm curious who you think is a better investment at ILB?...

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Everyone wants to improve the D but we can't spend any of Pats money to do it. I don't have any idea other then paying proven good players money to do just that. Heaven help us if we have to pay some impact players to make our team better.

Dedhed
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
OJ was acquitted too. I guess if look at the players as characters on the TV and not real people then I can see your line of thinking. But I see them as people and I can't root for the guy. So we agree to disagree.So when he knocks River's dink in the dirt, you'll boo?

tsiguy96
02-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Everyone wants to improve the D but we can't spend any of Pats money to do it. I don't have any idea other then paying proven good players money to do just that. Heaven help us if we have to pay some impact players to make our team better.

for sure. im glad the morons on this board will always be just that.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 07:35 PM

No I dont know for a fact
I recall something about Ray Lewis and his friends getting involved in an altercation and two people ended up dead from stab wounds
I also thought one of them claimed it was in the act of self defense

But I dont see how why one has to be a witness to a crime to have an opinion about it
I am assuming you were not there to witness OJ slash his wife and that other guy

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
You have no clue who will be playing infront of him and he was good his whole damn career not just when Nata got there. Year in and year out he is the regarded as the BEST LB in the NFL, just like Peppers is at DE. If you want those type of players you have to pay for them. Just like what we did with Champ. The words cheap and SUPERSTAR don't go together.

Have you ever heard someone say man that fat hairy b**** is hot? Somethings just don't go together.

He WAS the best LB, he is not that good anymore
Buying expensive free agents is not the key to success
The Colts, Pats, and Steelers have done fine without getting into bidding wars over free agents.

Meanwhile the Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders....well yea

GreatBronco16
02-25-2009, 07:40 PM
But I dont see how why one has to be a witness to a crime to have an opinion about it

Having an opinion is one thing. But trying to use it as a fact for someones basis for not bringing in a player is just stupid for lack of a better word.

tsiguy96
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
No I dont know for a fact
I recall something about Ray Lewis and his friends getting involved in an altercation and two people ended up dead from stab wounds
I also thought one of them claimed it was in the act of self defense

I am assuming you were not there to witness OJ slash his wife and that other guy

you cant form an opinion without having facts, and you just admittedly dont even remember all the facts.

Hogan11
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I will never cheer for him, but it hardly matters because there's no chance in hell he lands in Denver, absolutely NONE. Dream on suckers.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
The Colts, Pats, and Steelers have done fine without getting into bidding wars over free agents.

He WAS? There maybe a few younger than him that are better but Lewis is the BEST FA by far. He is a sure tackle, smart, leader that this D could use. We know what we are going to get with him and thats a Pro Powl player.

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm in favor of bring Ray-Ray in. He's the leadership this defense needs. With all the young guys on this defense, Ray Lewis is a great option. He'd instantly make the defense better, just by being in the locker room. If the Broncos sign one FA for the defense, this should be the guy.

GreatBronco16
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Ray may not be the 'Best' LB anymore, BUT, he sure as hell is better than any LB we currently have on the roster.

His stats from last year were. 117 tackles 32 assist 3.5 sacks 2FF 3INT 9 PD.

Now, you tell me who on our ENTIRE defense was better than Lewis last season. I would rather spend the money on one Ray Lewis, then spend equal money for 2 or 3 sup-par players who may or may not make the team nor see any real playing time. Ray brings more to a defense than just his stats.

Atlas
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM

He is a murderer, Might as well, go sign Leonard Little and Break Rae CArruth out of jail.

SoDak Bronco
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
i really doubt he leaves Balt that would be weird seeing him in a different teams jersey

GreatBronco16
02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
He is a murderer

According to............................................... ???

Bronx33
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
According to............................................... ???

The dead guy.....:P

eddie mac
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
$10m a year. Get ta **** outta here Ray.

That $10m would go a long way to bringing probably 3 decent starters in here at S, CB and DE/NT

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2009, 08:04 PM

That $10m would go a long way to bringing probably 3 decent starters in here at S, CB and DE/NT

Eh, wrong.

eddie mac
i really doubt he leaves Balt that would be weird seeing him in a different teams jersey

Ravens cant afford his current asking price, hence the leaning towards re-signing possibly Scott and Brown instead.

GreatBronco16

LOL

Requiem
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Schematic fit, leadership standpoint, tenacity he brings on the field: If his asking price isn't too much, it is something to strongly consider. He can still play. It isn't like it is a long-term option for the team. He'd be a stop-gap measure, and a damn good piece in hopes of figuring out this cluster**** of a puzzle on defense. I'd prefer us to spend the money on someone like Chris Canty or a younger piece elsewhere on defense who would be here "long-term" (hopefully) -- but Lewis isn't a bad option for this team in my opinion.

eddie mac
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Eh, wrong.

Nice reply and explanation.

We'll see how the market goes for the positions I'm referring too.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
you cant form an opinion without having facts, and you just admittedly dont even remember all the facts.

I do have some facts
He and his friends was involved in an altercation with a couple other people and they ended up dying from stab wounds.
His side I believe claimed self defense

I think it is likely Lewis was involved in some manner

Fusionfrontman
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM

HAHAHAHAAHA! Ok ok ok. Touche

Requiem
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Money ain't no thang. Don't you guys listen to Chase and Chip Da Ripper? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVe7FKTUmo)

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
He WAS? There maybe a few younger than him that are better but Lewis is the BEST FA by far. He is a sure tackle, smart, leader that this D could use. We know what we are going to get with him and thats a Pro Powl player.

this is where I disagree

He wont be a prowbowler with the trash in front of him in Denver.
We wont see his Baltimore production.
Champ is arguably the best corner ever in the NFL, but sure didnt do much this year.

Get a good line and then I am more open to expensive old free agent linebackers.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 08:15 PM
again, more excuses on why NOT to bring a player in...

too old, too small, too expensive, character concerns, overrated, injury-prone, etc...this board will find a reason nor rain or shine to say no to a player...

what better investment is there?...Channing Crowder, Takeo Spikes, Keith Brookings?...i'm curious who you think is a better investment at ILB?...

We only have so much cap
I would prefer we use it to keep Cutler, Marshall, and the entire offense while going after guys like Canty, Bartell, Grady Jackson, Watson, Sanders, Jones, etc..

I think Lewis is on the downside of his career, I would prefer not to pay him the big bucks so he can fight offensive linemen on every play because our line is crap

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Nice reply and explanation.

We'll see how the market goes for the positions I'm referring too.

Eh, ok

oubronco
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM

:spit:

Hogan11
02-25-2009, 08:23 PM
this is where I disagree

He wont be a prowbowler with the trash in front of him in Denver.
We wont see his Baltimore production.
Champ is arguably the best corner ever in the NFL, but sure didnt do much this year.

Get a good line and then I am more open to expensive old free agent linebackers.

The D Line is the main reason why he won't even consider Denver. He'll never do anything that would potentially hurt his stats.

montrose
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
The D Line is the main reason why he won't even consider Denver. He'll never do anything that would potentially hurt his stats.

The only way Ray considers Denver is if they significantly outbid the rest of the league. If money's the same, he goes to Baltimore. If he's getting more to leave from other teams, the Jets and Cowboys make much more sense than Denver.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 08:36 PM

That's my line of thought. If we're going to switch to a 3/4, we need a LOT of bodies to establish a foundation. We have needs all over the field. I'd rather see us use that money on getting more guys in to compete and work on that foundation. Then we can evaluate where our needs are from there and look at some big money players who aren't so old.

rugbythug
02-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I do have some facts
He and his friends was involved in an altercation with a couple other people and they ended up dying from stab wounds.
His side I believe claimed self defense

I think it is likely Lewis was involved in some manner

Not what happened.

He claimed that there was another guy who came up and stabbed the dead guy. Other witnesses-not related to Ray had reported there was another guy. Ray did tell them to lie about being there.

Is it true no idea.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Not what happened.

He claimed that there was another guy who came up and stabbed the dead guy. Other witnesses-not related to Ray had reported there was another guy. Ray did tell them to lie about being there.

Is it true no idea.

k thanks

Taco John
02-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Also, for what it's worth Ray Lewis was convicted on Obstruction of Justice charges in a murder case.

TonyR
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM

Terrible comparison. In OJ's case there was both physical and circumstantial evidence clearly linking him to the crime. In Ray Lewis's case, not so much. Which is why I don't go around calling the guy a murderer. OJ was proven guilty despite the jury's horrible decsion, Ray Lewis wasn't.

TheDave
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I thought Ray Lewis hated playing in nolans defense?

rugbythug
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Also, for what it's worth Ray Lewis was convicted on Obstruction of Justice charges in a murder case.

Yeah he told his homies to say he was not there.

Taco John
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM

That's a good point. If we're switching to a 3-4, wouldn't it be a bad idea to bring Ray Lewis in? He had his worst season when the Ravens switched to a 3-4. His stat line took a significant spike back upwards when they switched back to the 4-3.

TheDave
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
That's a good point. If we're switching to a 3-4, wouldn't it be a bad idea to bring Ray Lewis in? He had his worst season when the Ravens switched to a 3-4. His stat line took a significant spike back upwards when they switched back to the 4-3.

I know I've heard Dion Sanders telling the story that Ray said "Thank God" when Nolan left for the 49'ers

Gcver2ver3
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM
We only have so much cap
I would prefer we use it to keep Cutler, Marshall, and the entire offense while going after guys like Canty, Bartell, Grady Jackson, Watson, Sanders, Jones, etc..

I think Lewis is on the downside of his career, I would prefer not to pay him the big bucks so he can fight offensive linemen on every play because our line is crap

well i really meant at ILB...because that's the position he plays and we have the need there too...but ok...

I want at least one impact player and none of those you mentioned (not even Canty) are true impact players...

Ray is on the downside of his career i don't disagree, but what he has left is still pro-bowl level and with his leadership he would pay off leaps and bounds...as i said before, he's not coming here anyway but the Broncos would be crazy to not at least attempt to bid on the guy...

when that guy does his pre-game chants even I get goosebumps so i can only imagine how hyped his teammates get...

He would be costly but as mentioned already, if you want talent you have to pay for it...we have cap room, so we could do it, but my feelings won't be hurt if we dont...

all i'm saying is that the reasons given so far to me aren't reason enough to pass on what he could bring...IMO the positives outweight the negatives..esp considering the FA field has very few impact players available...

socalorado
02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I know I've heard Dion Sanders telling the story that Ray said "Thank God" when Nolan left for the 49'ers

I think Deion "thanked god" in his closet!

RhymesayersDU
02-25-2009, 08:56 PM

I bet you love Rod Smith though, huh.

Oh I forget. The company line on the 'Mane: "Well, it was just a mistake, a bad situation. He's a good guy."

Beating a woman is never excusable. People with morals when convenient = awesome.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Terrible comparison. In OJ's case there was both physical and circumstantial evidence clearly linking him to the crime. In Ray Lewis's case, not so much. Which is why I don't go around calling the guy a murderer. OJ was proven guilty despite the jury's horrible decsion, Ray Lewis wasn't.

OJ was not convicted, and there is debate among some about how guilty he was.
I am just a bit suspicious about his obstruction to justice deal, I dont expect it from someone who was just an innocent bystander.
Like I said earlier I thought that he was involved in some way in the altercation and he felt the need to lie about it .

But dont ask me if I was there, homicide cases go unsolved everyday, and what it is worth, I never called him a murderer

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM
well i really meant at ILB...because that's the position he plays and we have the need there too...but ok...

I want at least one impact player and none of those you mentioned (not even Canty) are true impact players...

Ray is on the downside of his career i don't disagree, but what he has left is still pro-bowl level and with his leadership he would pay off leaps and bounds...as i said before, he's not coming here anyway but the Broncos would be crazy to not at least attempt to bid on the guy...

when that guy does his pre-game chants even I get goosebumps so i can only imagine how hyped his teammates get...

He would be costly but as mentioned already, if you want talent you have to pay for it...we have cap room, so we could do it, but my feelings won't be hurt if we dont...

all i'm saying is that the reasons given so far to me aren't reason enough to pass on what he could bring...IMO the positives outweight the negatives..esp considering the FA field has very few impact players available...

I think Larson could be an option for us.
I thought he did well last year and I think we would get more out of Larson for his cost than out of Lewis for his
If we are talking strictly about his skills, I know he is still talented
But our defensive line is crap, he would have to fight off guys constantly instead of being able to roam free.
Plus he doesnt like to play in the 34
I just dont think it would worth our investment to pay him that kind of coin when he wont really be able to do what he does best.

If we had a stable line I would be more open to the idea of spending big money on a FA ILB

StevetheBronco
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I dont care who Denver brings in at middle linebacker, unless they also bring in a hog up front Ray Ray is not going to be nearly as effective.

STB

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 09:45 PM

They were a 3-4 this year and the past few.

Few things:

1) Can we stop spreading the myth that the patriots don't sign high priced free agents? Adelius Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin, even Randy Moss (i know he was somewhat discounted). OK, so enough with that.

2) Quit calling Ray Lewis a murderer. We don't know the situation, sure something bad went on, but we don't know what.

3) His play and attitude would do absolute wonders for this team. John Lynch came here with disintegrating skills and changed the attitude of the D. Except i think lewis's skills aren't as far gone as lynch's were. He's the best defensive leader in football, bar none. He'd be worth the money. Think of Sam Mills' effect on the Panthers when they first came in the league in 1994. He got that defense into shape QUICKLY.

4) Getting Ray doesnt mean we can't also get other people. I dont think he'll get 10 mil a year either, but i'd def pay up for him.

If our D is looking for a new attitude, he's the guy who can bring it.

5) I didn't say I adore Ray Lewis, I said i adore the signing. Get over it Taco

cutthemdown
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Doesn't seem to fit a plan of rebuilding for the long haul but for sure he would add some fire to the defense over the next 3 yrs. After that you would think he might start to not play as well. He sure seemed to be playing well last yr though.

I wouldn't be bummed if we signed Ray Lewis because he has a checkered past. I don't need these guys to date my sister, just win some football games for godsake.

I'd prefer younger players with long term upside, or vets that are really good deals. But in reality the only place to really find good young players is in the draft. Teams lock up the good players that have youth and upside.

NFLBRONCO
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Too much $$$$$$$ Too short of a solution for us at this time. Remember he is not bringing the whole D with him I doubt he will look as good with us.

BMarsh615
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Overrated.

DarkHorse30
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM

Ray Lewis was in the wrong place at the wrong time....not terribly unlike Darrent. Comparing him to OJ is completely ridiculous, as OJ premeditated the killing of his children's mother.....allegedly.

While Lewis may be past his prime, he DOES tend to fire up his team, and backs his mouth up with actions. Ask Shannon Sharpe what he thinks of him.

tsiguy96
02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
alright, well hes not gonna be a bronco anyway.

BroncoBuff
02-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Exactly, he hated having to take on O-linemen all the time.

No stank. No stank you very much.

_Oro_
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think Ray wants to come here. He demanded that the Ravens draft Ngata. He's only going to go somewhere that already has elite DT's.

Paladin
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
All of that over a non-event.....

OABB
02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
All of that over a non-event.....

You have been on the Mane before, right?

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM

Ray is also on record as saying that he wants to play in a 4-3 because he hates fighting through garbage. I predict he'll be a Saint (oh, the irony.)

tsiguy96
02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Ray is also on record as saying that he wants to play in a 4-5 because he hates fighting through garbage. I predict he'll be a Saint (oh, the irony.)

it does work atleast a little, apparently. has he ever been on a defense not in top 10?

extralife
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
How do teams let people like Ray Lewis go? He means way more to the Ravens than he'd mean to anyone else, and he's still got a good amount left in the tank. He's the face of the franchise.

Los Broncos
02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't like him but if it helps the defense in a big way and we don't spend a lot for him, I would support it.

tsiguy96
02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
How do teams let people like Ray Lewis go? He means way more to the Ravens than he'd mean to anyone else, and he's still got a good amount left in the tank. He's the face of the franchise.

they have to pay scott and suggs, as well as all the other pro-bowlers they have. lewis is on the very backside of his career and wants a ton of money. seems very, very few players retire for the team that made them famous, they get to teh last year or two of their career and need to make the final money they will make from football to retire on, and they arent worth it anymore to the team for salary reasons.

BroncoMan4ever
02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Bring the murderer in. his signing would Finally get us a vocal leader on the defense, a guy who goes all out every play, leads by example, gets the most out of his teammates, and is even at his age one of the best LB's in the league.

if he is interested and we can get him, i say sign his ass and let him mentor some young guys we draft and become the leader of our new defense.

considering our team is going to be very young, a lot of rookies will be counted on to play really good in their first year in Denver, and with us now going to a 3-4, it makes perfect sense to look at bringing in a veteran guy for the young guys on the roster to look up to, learn from, and be around.

I hate the guy, but he is a badass on the field and we need that.

OrangeRising
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
We're re-building this defense. Why would Bowlen or McDaniels even think about wasting vast resources on a guy like Lewis. There are cheaper ways to add presence. The Broncos have so many needs on defense that it just seems to be an unnecessary reach. Besides, isn't he missing more and more time to injury each year? No thanks.

wolf754life
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Bring the murderer in. his signing would Finally get us a vocal leader on the defense, a guy who goes all out every play, leads by example, gets the most out of his teammates, and is even at his age one of the best LB's in the league.

if he is interested and we can get him, i say sign his ass and let him mentor some young guys we draft and become the leader of our new defense.

considering our team is going to be very young, a lot of rookies will be counted on to play really good in their first year in Denver, and with us now going to a 3-4, it makes perfect sense to look at bringing in a veteran guy for the young guys on the roster to look up to, learn from, and be around.

I hate the guy, but he is a badass on the field and we need that.

you talk like you know what happened in atlanta that night, maybe you don't really know exactly what happened. Maybe your not as smart as you think.

Maybe you should be careful talking like that.

or maybe not, until you get punched right in the face for your mouth.

DB Doom
02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Sharpe might get in his ear and help the cause, but then again, why would he want to play for Denver at the end of his career, he will stay in MD or go to a supposed contender.

GreatBronco16
02-26-2009, 12:15 AM
you talk like you know what happened in atlanta that night, maybe you don't really know exactly what happened. Maybe your not as smart as you think.

First, I'd bet you would be the guy to punch him in the face right?

Second, this isn't a Shanny bashing thread, so see your way the **** out of it.

wolf754life
02-26-2009, 12:18 AM
First, I'd bet you would be the guy to punch him in the face right?

Second, this isn't a Shanny bashing thread, so see your way the **** out of it.

your a tough guy...........

strong take

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 12:20 AM
your a tough guy...........

strong take

not everyone is as learned as you in the ways of the football.

Taco John
02-26-2009, 12:25 AM
If we could get a killer deal from him, I'd say we should give it a stab. It might slay me to have someone with such an ugly gash in his repuation on the team, but I suppose we could cut him a break. He would surely carve himself out a role on our team, though I'd hope that we'd slash his price tag and get away with a contract that could be cut and run on if his talent started to hemhorrage.

GreatBronco16
02-26-2009, 12:26 AM
not everyone is as learned as you in the ways of the football.

Thank God.

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 12:29 AM
If we could get a killer deal from him, I'd say we should give it a stab. It might slay me to have someone with such an ugly gash in his repuation on the team, but I suppose we could cut him a break. He would surely carve himself out a role on our team, though I'd hope that we'd slash his price tag and get away with a contract that could be cut and run on if his talent started to hemhorrage.

That wasn't thought out at all was it :)

Jason in LA
02-26-2009, 12:41 AM
If this was a few years back I'd say do it right now! Even though Ray is still playing at a high level, that's probably not going to last very much longer, and like it has been stated already, he won't be playing with the same talent.

As for him killing two people, I wonder if the people who continue to say that actually believe that he personally stabbed those guys. There's no evidence or eye witnesses to support that. So I don't even take that into account when thinking about him as a football player.

extralife
02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
seems very, very few players retire for the team that made them famous, they get to teh last year or two of their career and need to make the final money they will make from football to retire on, and they arent worth it anymore to the team for salary reasons.

This makes sense in relation to players like Marvin Harrison that are under contract for ridiculous sums of money and refuse to renegotiate when they have nothing left, but Ray Lewis is still an exceptional player and is undoubtedly the Raven's leader. It's rare teams make the mistake of letting guys like that have their deal expire. In normal situations, the Ray Ray equivalent would have been extended last year and cut two years from now when he has nothing left and is due a zillion bucks.

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:16 AM

save everyone the trouble of having to put your stupid ass on ignore

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:19 AM
If this was a few years back I'd say do it right now! Even though Ray is still playing at a high level, that's probably not going to last very much longer, and like it has been stated already, he won't be playing with the same talent.

As for him killing two people, I wonder if the people who continue to say that actually believe that he personally stabbed those guys. There's no evidence or eye witnesses to support that. So I don't even take that into account when thinking about him as a football player.

i just joke around in calling him a murderer. since there are no actual facts it is all just speculation and since he plays for a team i have always hated i call him murderer.

Popps
02-26-2009, 01:35 AM
As a human being, I obviously don't want him on my team. I'd hate to have to root for this guy.

As a football player, I don't think there could be much smarter of a signing for us right now, which is why I have a gut feeling we're going to go after him.

BroncoMan4ever
02-26-2009, 01:40 AM
As a human being, I obviously don't want him on my team. I'd hate to have to root for this guy.

As a football player, I don't think there could be much smarter of a signing for us right now, which is why I have a gut feeling we're going to go after him.

that's exactly how i feel with him. yes he is a turd and an asshole, but on the field we need a guy or guys like him.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 02:22 AM
If Ray Lewis were younger, I would not be opposed to him coming to Denver.

But he is too old to come to Denver....a team with vastly less surrounding talent on defense than he has in Baltimore.

Without that defensive line talent, his declining skills would be exposed in Denver.

TallyBronco
02-26-2009, 02:57 AM

GED Knowitall

UberBroncoMan
02-26-2009, 04:13 AM

Two year deal MAX. I don't think we need a 36 year old starting LB in 3 years.

Drek
02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
The only way this would really make sense to me is if DJ is going to still play OLB.

Ray Lewis is not going to come here and be the meat shield on the inside like Bart Scott was for him in Baltimore. That will have to be Spencer Larsen's job or someone we draft.

And I don't see how DJ can play WOLB in a 3-4, his pass rush isn't good enough. Maybe they envision DJ as the much needed SOLB? I don't think there is an coincidence that Champ's best seasons with us came when we had DJ on the strong side. He's good in coverage and at stepping up in run support. He could do the job pretty well, though it isn't a very glamorous position by any means. But he's go this money and he's always been a team player, so I doubt he'd gripe.

I'm not a big fan of some of Ray Lewis' past actions but as it relates to football he's always been a consumate professional. Can't complain too much about that. Its a better character signing than Albert Haynesworth who has stepped over the lines of decency while on the football field.

His leadership doesn't mean nearly as much outside of Baltimore, but any firey leadership would be a welcome change here.

If we sign him I wouldn't be at all surprised if we draft BJ Raji and outright ape the Ravens' hybrid D of the last few years. But then I also wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Malcolm Jenkins go give us that ball hawking FS we've been missing for a while either.

Elway777
02-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Two guys that I would love to get are Lewis and Bartell. I think Williams could be moved to Sam and Lewis playing right inside linebacker. The Broncos draft Everette Brown with 12 pick. The Broncos starting Linebackers Brown, Lewis,Larsen, Williams.

baja
02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
If Ray Lewis were younger, I would not be opposed to him coming to Denver.

But he is too old to come to Denver....a team with vastly less surrounding talent on defense than he has in Baltimore.

Without that defensive line talent, his declining skills would be exposed in Denver.

True IMO

TonyR
02-26-2009, 07:13 AM
They were a 3-4 this year and the past few.

I was thinking the same thing. WTF is he talking about?

oubronco
02-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't think I could stomach that stupid dog barking dance he does before games

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I don't think I could stomach that stupid dog barking dance he does before games

I would rather have one of our defensive guys doing it before the game than doign it after giving up a 13 yard draw

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM

???

The Ravens have always played a 3-4. When did they switch to a 4-3?

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Dude, if he could teach DJ how to use a butterfly knife, it would be badass.

We just need some crazy eyed mofos to scare the opposition. Bring in Zeus, he's another personal favorite of mine...

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2009, 08:22 AM

You have always demonstrated with your comments here that you lack....principle.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-26-2009, 08:24 AM

And this is the absolute best line of this thread. I dont think I could stomach any of the stupid Ray Lewis dances. You know, like the 'I just made a tackle on 3 yard gain', not to be outdone by the equally unique 'I just made a tackle on a 4 yard gain.'

The guy is a walking personal foul on every play.

TonyR
02-26-2009, 08:25 AM
And this is the absolute best line of this thread. I dont think I could stomach any of the stupid Ray Lewis dances. You know, like the 'I just made a tackle on 3 yard gain', not to be outdone by the equally unique 'I just made a tackle on a 4 yard gain.'

If he was wearing our colors you'd be dancing right along with him.

Gcver2ver3
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Dude, if he could teach DJ how to use a butterfly knife, it would be badass.

We just need some crazy eyed mofos to scare the opposition. Bring in Zeus, he's another personal favorite of mine...

lol...

i'm all for it!...one thing though, that's Debo in that pic...this is Zeus...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb101/jonescru/no_holds_barred/nhb3.gif

Gcver2ver3
02-26-2009, 09:15 AM

The guy is a walking personal foul on every play.

dumbest post in at least two or three weeks...

Atlas
02-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I bet you love Rod Smith though, huh.

Oh I forget. The company line on the 'Mane: "Well, it was just a mistake, a bad situation. He's a good guy."

Beating a woman is never excusable. People with morals when convenient = awesome.

Wow, aren't you reaching. That happened Rod's rookie or 2nd year and Rod got couseling and has been a role model ever since. Today he is still married to that same woman.

RayRay had a hand in killing a 29 year barber who was out enjoying pre Superbowl festivities.

Not only did RayRay plead guilty to obstruction of justice, he testified against other people that were in his posse. What a guy!

Taco John
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
???

The Ravens have always played a 3-4. When did they switch to a 4-3?

No they haven't. This is a popular misconception. They used to run a straight up 4-3 before Nolan switched it up to a 3-4. They currently run a hybrid 4-3, which switches to a 3-4 and also use a variation of the 46 defense that Buddy Ryan made famous depending on the gameplan.

oubronco
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM

WOOHOO

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
No they haven't. This is a popular misconception. They used to run a straight up 4-3 before Nolan switched it up to a 3-4. They currently run a hybrid between the two, and also use a variation of the 46 defense that Buddy Ryan made famous.

Are you sure?

I'm gonna have to ask you to pull a Kaylore and prove this 14 different ways with multiple links. Thanks.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
You have always demonstrated with your comments here that you lack....principle.

Don't you even throw your self-righteous bull**** at me. You are the "everyman for himself, whats mine is mine, whats yours is yours" guy. Not me.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
No they haven't. This is a popular misconception. They used to run a straight up 4-3 before Nolan switched it up to a 3-4. They currently run a hybrid between the two, and also use a variation of the 46 defense that Buddy Ryan made famous.

All 3-4 teams run hybrids, pretty much because much of the time yuo're in a nickel anyway. but they run a base 3-4

Taco John
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
All 3-4 teams run hybrids, pretty much because much of the time yuo're in a nickel anyway. but they run a base 3-4

Incorrect. They run a base 4-3.

Ask their fans:

Ravens Fans: "Why Do Other Teams Fans Think The Ravens Run A 3-4?" (http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showtopic=3958&start=0&p=65375&#entry65375)

SonOfLe-loLang
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Incorrect. They run a base 4-3.

Ask their fans:

Ravens Fans: "Why Do Other Teams Fans Think The Ravens Run A 3-4?" (http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showtopic=3958&start=0&p=65375&#entry65375)

According to that its a hybrid that consistently changes. Just watching their games though, it seems that their OLB/DE's (suggs and...whats his name Johnson?) are standing up

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
i waited for 7 pages to throw in my two cents...

really?>?? people are going to be upset with his dances???? did u see our defense last year?? these guys could have been on America's Best Dance Crew on MTV....except they would have had to extend the stage 16 yards to make room for the running back's yardage...because we allknow that Webster, Winborn and CO. only dance after the play is dead and they start moving the chains....

this team lacks leadership and a guy like Lewis woudl be a stop gap...however, you bring in Lewis and a Rey Maluagua and now we have a fiery group of guys....

at least champ would have somebody who gave a crap on the defense with him

colonelbeef
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Hell No. I am not for signing any FA's over the age of 30.

Gcver2ver3
02-26-2009, 11:57 AM

really?>?? people are going to be upset with his dances???? did u see our defense last year?? these guys could have been on America's Best Dance Crew on MTV

.....:~ohyah!:

good one...

Beantown Bronco
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM
did u see our defense last year?? these guys could have been on America's Best Dance Crew on MTV....except they would have had to extend the stage 16 yards to make room for the running back's yardage...because we all know that Webster, Winborn and CO. only dance after the play is dead and they start moving the chains....

Well, now that Winborn is gone...and Webster has been told he is as well as of midnight...SOMEONE has to take over for them.

Atlas
02-26-2009, 12:03 PM

really?>?? people are going to be upset with his dances???? did u see our defense last year?? these guys could have been on America's Best Dance Crew on MTV....except they would have had to extend the stage 16 yards to make room for the running back's yardage...because we allknow that Webster, Winborn and CO. only dance after the play is dead and they start moving the chains....

this team lacks leadership and a guy like Lewis woudl be a stop gap...however, you bring in Lewis and a Rey Maluagua and now we have a fiery group of guys....

at least champ would have somebody who gave a crap on the defense with him

You're right last years LBers were dance stars, but that isn't the issue with me. I hate RAY LEWIS's dance, I hate Ray Lewis's act, I hate Ray Lewis's past, and I hate Ray Lewis's face.

I already hate just about everything that has happened this offseason from canning Shanny, and The Goodman's, To hiring McDaniels and Mike Nolan. So signing Ray Lewis would not surprise me one bit.

That being said I can't beileve Denver would want to re-build the defense with this Schmuck.

Pseudofool
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
This is a business. I'm not going to be so bold to draw any kind of inference from an obstruction of justice charge. It's all about guaranteed money. If we sign him and the contract is front loaded with guaranteed money, so if we need to cut him in two years because he can't play anymore it won't kill the cap, I'd be just fine with bringing Ray Lewis in.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM

not even a little bit. Dont want him whatsoever. Whoever signs him is going to be overpaying big time for a guy with 1 maybe 2 good seasons left in him. He is probably going to get a 4-5 year deal with way to much guaranteed.

No doubt, he would upgrade the D vs what we have but are much better ways to spend our FA $$ this season.

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
You're right last years LBers were dance stars, but that isn't the issue with me. I hate RAY LEWIS's dance, I hate Ray Lewis's act, I hate Ray Lewis's past, and I hate Ray Lewis's face.

I already hate just about everything that has happened this offseason from canning Shanny, and The Goodman's, To hiring McDaniels and Mike Nolan. So signing Ray Lewis would not surprise me one bit.

That being said I can't beileve Denver would want to re-build the defense with this Schmuck.

I'm totally with you on most of these things....I hated the firing of Shanahan and I hated kicking the Goodmans to the curb...

That being said, I can't go ahead and be negative....hopefully, although I'm skeptical, McD and Nolan can bring a different atmosphere here, because this team was becoming stagnant...although that stagnation was a consistency and that was winning...

On Ray Lewis...I would staty away from the signing personally.....however, if he would come in for 3 years with a 4th to be negotiated I woudl be up for it

Gcver2ver3
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Don't know if this has been posted and i certainly wasn't gonna make another thread on it...

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation?tag=09%20free%20agency
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

The Baltimore Sun's Web site is reporting the Ravens are close to reaching a deal with linebacker Bart Scott, which might suggest the club is preparing to part ways with future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis. According to Mike Preston, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti (my former boss) was irritated by the fact that Lewis kept talking about the Jets and Cowboys. I still think Lewis was simply trying to create some leverage, but he may have hurt himself in the end.

A Cowboys source told me Thursday morning that the team doesn't have a strong interest in Lewis. Of course, that could change a few minutes after midnight. But as of this minute, I don't think the Cowboys will make a strong play for Lewis. They're too worried about signing linebacker DeMarcus Ware to a long-term contract.

Could Lewis end up with his old defensive coordinator Mike Nolan in Denver? That's the latest buzz I'm hearing. Stay tuned for much, much more on the free-agent front.

i seriously doubt this happens but whatever...

oubronco
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Ravens | Newsome says progress being made in talks with Lewis
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:38:19 -0800
Jamison Hensley (http://www.kffl.com/link/170), of The Baltimore Sun (http://www.kffl.com/link/169), reports Baltimore Ravens (http://www.kffl.com/team/8/nfl) general manager Ozzie Newsome (http://www.kffl.com/player/15785/nfl) said the team is making progress in talks with impending free-agent LB Ray Lewis (http://www.kffl.com/player/139/nfl) but is not sure if the two sides will be able to reach an agreement before the start of free agency.

kdissette
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
apparently we should never sign a veteran and always sign young unproven guys to go with our young unproven guys............

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
apparently we should never sign a killer and always sign young unproven murderers to go with our young unproven guys............

Fixed it.

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
so we can sign woman beaters, guys who father dozens of illegitimate children, guys who smoke weed and drive drunk...

but now we get a moral compass???

whatever, its a business, get over it...and get over yourself

epicSocialism4tw
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
No Lewis.

Please.

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
so we can sign woman beaters, guys who father dozens of illegitimate children, guys who smoke weed and drive drunk...

So, you feel like "we" signed low character players?
I'm not above a few mistakes, even a DUI. But seriously, you would defend him?

BTW- I never lost my moral compass.

epicSocialism4tw
02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Lewis is everything thats wrong with American culture.

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Lewis is everything thats wrong with American culture.

Really how so?

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 09:51 PM
So, you feel like "we" signed low character players?
I'm not above a few mistakes, even a DUI. But seriously, you would defend him?

BTW- I never lost my moral compass.

no...I would say the Broncos are actuallly in the top half tier of teams that take character into consideration when signing...a lot of these guys have problems and trouble so you cant have all pastors on your team...

my whole thing is that a bunch of people call him a murderer....why?? because he was WITH a guy who murdered someone and then got nervous and lied about it....ok, BIG MISTAKE...seriously, that is a HUGE mistake to make in life...

but is he going to be a guyh that would come into Denver and start with the same crap>??? no...he hasnt been in trouble since...i mean, you really want to tell me that anyone is against the signing because of CHARACTER...come on..on the football field thsi guy is all character and a great player...

and his off the field issues are over...nobody is nervous about what he is going to do once he gets here...its just a blanket "no way...no murderers"...i mean, cmon, thats a broad brush to paint with

im not a big proponent of bringing him in but my opinion has nothing to do with anything but football

broncos-rock
02-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Anyhow back to the actual topic here. Here is the latest
Per Wilson, the Ravens have offered Lewis a three-year, $24 million contract with $17 million guaranteed. Scott’s offer has an annual average of $7 million, and more years.

bap454
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
SCOTT, LEWIS LOOK TO BE HEADED TO MARKET (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/scott-lewis-look-to-be-headed-to-market/)

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 11:44 p.m.
Despite a late push by the Ravens to re-sign linebackers Bart Scott and Ray Lewis, it looks like deals will come if at all after they hit the open market.
According to our own Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times, talks between the team and both of their defensive stalwarts are stalling out.
Per Wilson, the Ravens have offered Lewis a three-year, $24 million contract with $17 million guaranteed. Scott’s offer has an annual average of $7 million, and more years.
“We’ve been working hard to try to get a deal done with the Ravens and we’re still hopeful and optimistic that something can be worked out, but we want to see which teams will be calling and hear what they have to say,” Scott’s agent, Harold Lewis, told Wilson. “We’re interested in taking some visits, but we don’t plan on doing anything with anybody without at least calling the Ravens back and speaking with [G.M.] Ozzie Newsome. The Rav
SCOTT, LEWIS LOOK TO BE HEADED TO MARKET (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/scott-lewis-look-to-be-headed-to-market/)

Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2009, 11:44 p.m.
Despite a late push by the Ravens to re-sign linebackers Bart Scott and Ray Lewis, it looks like deals will come if at all after they hit the open market.
According to our own Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times, talks between the team and both of their defensive stalwarts are stalling out.
“We’ve been working hard to try to get a deal done with the Ravens and we’re still hopeful and optimistic that something can be worked out, but we want to see which teams will be calling and hear what they have to say,” Scott’s agent, Harold Lewis, told Wilson. “We’re interested in taking some visits, but we don’t plan on doing anything with anybody without at least calling the Ravens back and speaking with [G.M.] Ozzie Newsome. The Ravens remain Bart’s ultimate first choice.”
Wilson reports that potential suitors for Scott include the Jets, Giants, Buccaneers, Bengals, Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams, Cowboys, and Lions.
As to Lewis, Wilson identifies the Broncos, Cowboys, and Jets as possible alternative destinations (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#).

ens remain Bart’s ultimate first choice.”
Wilson reports that potential suitors for Scott include the Jets, Giants, Buccaneers, Bengals, Chiefs, Cardinals, Rams, Cowboys, and Lions.
As to Lewis, Wilson identifies the Broncos, Cowboys, and Jets as possible alternative destinations (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#).

Wow ... heres the latest . As per PFT

vancejohnson82
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
wow...this is becoming perhaps a littlem more than just a hypothetical talking point

bap454
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Three years, $24 million.... we can do that.

So it begins.... what team will have the first signing? Im going to have to say the Redskins. Im even going to go out and say its Canty from the Cowboys.

broncos-rock
02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I bet we could get him for 4 years $40 million 15 million guaranteed.

Popps
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow, those are big offers they turned down.

epicSocialism4tw
02-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Really how so?

I wonder....

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I wonder....

I do wonder. I bet you think he killed someone right? You got more proof to give us on the matter because I bet the police would love it.

Atlas
02-27-2009, 12:02 AM

Draw the line somewhere. Mights as well be murder.

Atlas
02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
I do wonder. I bet you think he killed someone right? You got more proof to give us on the matter because I bet the police would love it.

He plea bargined his case for immunity and testified against his posse. Yep, class guy.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2009, 12:16 AM
He plea bargined his case for immunity and testified against his posse. Yep, class guy.

DA's don't offer deals if they have a solid case against someone in a murder trial that will keep them on the streets. They will offer people deals that witnessed the crime to get them to testify to put the guilty people behind bars though.

I can't say what went down that night but I think it would have been much harder for him to get off if he did kill the guy.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2009, 12:41 AM
I know he was there. I know there was a fight at a club with multiple people involved, and from what I have went back and read it says that no two peoples eye witness acounts matched. Is it possible he stabbed someone? Yes it is. Is it possible he payed the two guys to take a fall for him? Yes it is. It wouldn't shock me at all if thats how it happened, but in the end I just don't know because I wasn't there. I guess all I can go on is what the police figured out and what the court figured out. From what I was able to gather from rereading the articles on the case there just wasn't a very good case to even prove that Lewis hit someone let alone killed two people.
That being said I would imagine if it was anyone else besides a NFL player that tried to help cover it up they would be in jail.

ayjackson
02-27-2009, 12:46 AM

ironic thing is, posse beat the rap....lewis did the time.

SoCalBronco
02-27-2009, 12:52 AM
This is what Bowlen wanted.

Popps
02-27-2009, 12:54 AM
This is what Bowlen wanted.

What does that mean?

DeusExManning
02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Make this happen! Over pay for him, his leadership cannot be quantified.

DeusExManning
02-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Hopefully shannon sharpe puts in a good word for us. They are best friends.

Bronco Yoda
02-27-2009, 01:07 AM
NO

For so many reasons... just say no Pat.

GreatBronco16
02-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Meanwhile we are starting to sign people like J.J. Arrington and Correll Buckhalter. But hey, that is what the masses around here want I guess.

ohiobronco2
02-27-2009, 04:57 AM
DA's don't offer deals if they have a solid case against someone in a murder trial that will keep them on the streets. They will offer people deals that witnessed the crime to get them to testify to put the guilty people behind bars though.

I can't say what went down that night but I think it would have been much harder for him to get off if he did kill the guy.

OJ disagrees with you.

TonyR
02-27-2009, 06:43 AM
DA's don't offer deals if they have a solid case against someone in a murder trial...

Exactly. Some people here are beyond clueless and jump so freely and blindly onto the lynch mob bandwagon. For those who actually pay attention to the NFL Ray Lewis is considered a high character guy and a leader in the league. The "thug" lable faded long ago except between the hashmarks where he mugs the opposition with abandon. Do you want headhunters or ballerinas at the postion?

Again, as if it hasn't already been said enough, there are reasons to be opposed to signing Ray Lewis (age, money, etc.) but this "murderer" crap shouldn't be one of them.

cmhargrove
02-27-2009, 07:01 AM
no...I would say the Broncos are actuallly in the top half tier of teams that take character into consideration when signing...a lot of these guys have problems and trouble so you cant have all pastors on your team...

my whole thing is that a bunch of people call him a murderer....why?? because he was WITH a guy who murdered someone and then got nervous and lied about it....ok, BIG MISTAKE...seriously, that is a HUGE mistake to make in life...

but is he going to be a guyh that would come into Denver and start with the same crap>??? no...he hasnt been in trouble since...i mean, you really want to tell me that anyone is against the signing because of CHARACTER...come on..on the football field thsi guy is all character and a great player...

and his off the field issues are over...nobody is nervous about what he is going to do once he gets here...its just a blanket "no way...no murderers"...i mean, cmon, thats a broad brush to paint with

im not a big proponent of bringing him in but my opinion has nothing to do with anything but football

Good points. There aren't quite as many players out there that can play at a high level and are 100% clean. Our team definitely needs leaders, I just don't know if I could stomach Lewis' entire package of "leadership."

That being said, I wouldn't personally sign him.

ohiobronco2
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Make this happen! Over pay for him, his leadership cannot be quantified.

Ray really is the ultimate utility player. He does so much for the Baltimore Ravens and that is why they are winners. He's an amazing player from the middle linebacker postition. He's a pretty solid tackler, quick to diagnose plays, takes proper angles, sheds blocks well, great leader, studies film consistently, and works hard throughout the offseason. Also, think of the legal advice he can give to our younger players when they have run ins with the law. When a ref blows a call, Ray could place a custom make shank in his rib cage. He won't be missing those calls again. When Joey tries to mess with Brandon, we have the ultimate enforcer who is bat sh*t crazy. Why not pay a ridiculous amount of money for his over the hill a**.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts

TonyR
02-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Ravens lose Scott to Jets; Lewis gone, too?
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Bart Scott, New York Jets, Ray Lewis

As if it weren’t bad enough to lose linebacker Bart Scott, now the Ravens are in serious jeopardy of losing free-agent linebacker Ray Lewis, too.

Sources close to Lewis were adamant Friday that one of the game’s greatest defensive players will not return to Baltimore and his career with the team is over.

For some reason, Lewis has been rubbed the wrong way in the lengthy negotiations that have occurred between he and the Ravens. Now, Lewis is determined to move on, even if there is no obvious suitor.

The Jets are expected to spend about $8 million per year on Scott, the Dallas Cowboys have insisted they will not be signing any high-profile free agents, and there are no other teams that, at the moment, jump out as potential landing spots for Lewis.

Thus, one of Lewis’ confidants was asked if it were possible that the Ravens now could change their linebacker’s mind. “Not if you knew Ray like I knew Ray,” was his response. He even mentioned retirement as a possibility ahead of returning to Baltimore and insisted it was not a negotiationg ploy. “That’s Ray,” the source said.

For now, Lewis plans to take a couple of days, ponder his plans and then come up with his gameplan. But his gameplan now does not include the Ravens, according to those who know him. Thus Baltimore could wind up losing Lewis to another team or retirement, Scott to the Jets, center Jason Brown to the Rams (Brown is scheduled to visit St. Louis) and cornerback Corey Ivy to the Jets.

Change came to this country in January and it looks like it’s coming to Baltimore as well.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/jets-expected-to-sign-lb-scott/

montrose
02-27-2009, 08:08 AM
From the Baltimore Sun:

Broncos
This is the team that has stayed under the radar with Lewis. But there are strong signs Denver could make a run at him.

New Broncos defensive coordinator Nolan had a great relationship with Lewis when he was the Ravens' defensive coordinator. They would meet every week to discuss game-planning.

Besides, Denver is not expected to re-sign middle linebacker Nate Webster. It has been estimated the Broncos have more than $30million in salary-cap room.

This could be a more viable destination than the Cowboys or the Jets.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.lewis27feb27,0,3205715.story

SoDak Bronco
02-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Kinda slow on the home front right now...I have a feeling Shanny would be spending some of this money by now :)

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that Lewis was glad when Nolan left Baltimore.

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Kinda slow on the home front right now...I have a feeling Shanny would be spending some of this money by now :)

Maybe one of the reasons why he was fired. Didn't he want a complete new training complex as well.

montrose
02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that Lewis was glad when Nolan left Baltimore.

I've heard different reports on it. I think Ray was excited to move away from the 3-4, although he won a DPOY award playing under Nolan. I do remember Nolan wasn't afraid to get in Ray's face and challenge him.

Looking over his career, two of Ray's best seasons came under Nolan. I still don't think he'll be coming here, but it's intriguing to think about.

Elway777
02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Show Ray the money and get Ray for a 3 year 24 million with 6 million signing bonus.

DB Doom
02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
thinkin real hard on this for the past 2 days...they have to bring him in..who do you throw the big money at?..whos left? 34..big ****in deal. he can play at an above average level til at least 36..come on..get the D off its ass right now, and have a good draft. contenders before people know what hits 'em. dont take me out of context..its not all Ray..but its a hell of a building block.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
OJ disagrees with you.

cause like people have like the best murder laywer of all time and stuff. Get real that OJ trial was so messed up not one damn thing was done right. From the cops to the jury, to the damn judge. That case is a fluke not the norm.

Elway777
02-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Maybe the Broncos can get 2 good years out of Ray. Getting Ray would also set up our Linebacking core of Moss, Lewis,Larsen and Williams playing Sam. The Broncos then could look at Safety and Defensive lineman in the draft plus maybe a Running Back. They also could target Rey Rey with the 12 pick or trade down a little to get Rey Rey. Moss,Lewis, Rey Rey and Williams could give Broncos a dominating Linebacker core.

vancejohnson82
02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe the Broncos can get 2 good years out of Ray. Getting Ray would also set up our Linebacking core of Moss, Lewis,Larsen and Williams playing Sam. The Broncos then could look at Safety and Defensive lineman in the draft plus maybe a Running Back. They also could target Rey Rey with the 12 pick or trade down a little to get Rey Rey. Moss,Lewis, Rey Rey and Williams could give Broncos a dominating Linebacker core.

YES>>>>>YESS>>>>>YES>>>>

REP

dbfan21
02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
I am not a huge fan of Ray Lewis, but I would welcome his leadership in the Broncos' locker room. Plus, he's mentally tough, which our team needs some more of. I could see him influencing a culture change in our organization that would last a decade...maybe more...with only 2-3 years of playing time with us.

I say, Go for it, and let's see what he can do! :strong:

montrose
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Sirius reports Baltimore offered Ray 3 years, $25 million - $17 million guaranteed and he turned it down.

Gcver2ver3
02-27-2009, 09:50 AM
-- Ray Lewis Refusing to Re-Sign with Ravens --
Fri Feb 27, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports sources close to free-agent LB Ray Lewis were adamant Friday that one of the game's greatest defensive players will not return to Baltimore and his career with the team is over. For some reason, Lewis has been rubbed the wrong way in the lengthy negotiations that have occurred between he and the Ravens. Now, Lewis is determined to move on, even if there is no obvious suitor. The Dallas Cowboys have insisted they will not be signing any high-profile free agents, and there are no other teams that, at the moment, jump out as potential landing spots for Lewis. Thus, one of Lewis' confidants was asked if it were possible that the Ravens now could change their linebacker's mind. “Not if you knew Ray like I knew Ray,” was his response. He even mentioned retirement as a possibility ahead of returning to Baltimore and insisted it was not a negotiationg ploy. “That's Ray,” the source said. For now, Lewis plans to take a couple of days, ponder his plans and then come up with his gameplan. But his gameplan now does not include the Ravens, according to those who know him. Thus Baltimore could wind up losing Lewis to another team or retirement, LB Bart Scott to the Jets, C Jason Brown to the Rams (Brown is scheduled to visit St. Louis) and CB Corey Ivy to the Jets.

ohiobronco2
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
cause like people have like the best murder laywer of all time and stuff. Get real that OJ trial was so messed up not one damn thing was done right. From the cops to the jury, to the damn judge. That case is a fluke not the norm.

Are you a 14 y/o girl. ;D. BTW, you can find numerous cases of the wealthy essentially getting away with some pretty heinous crimes. They can afford the best.

Blart
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Please no, give him to Dallas!

broncosteven
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Are you a 14 y/o girl. ;D. BTW, you can find numerous cases of the wealthy essentially getting away with some pretty heinous crimes. They can afford the best.

Didn't Dershowitz get Von Bulow off pro-bono?

ohiobronco2
02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Didn't Dershowitz get Von Bulow off pro-bono?

I don't know if it was pro-bono, but he did get him off.

lazarus4444
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Here is some info about Ray Lewis. I think he'd be a great addition to the Broncos defense. His skill may be declining but he is a million times better than what we've had. Plus he affects games by his sheer will and that is what the broncos need.

Those of you that think he is a criminal, he's not. You weren't there, you don't know what happened and he never went to jail. He has charities and is a religious man but most importantly, he can play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis_(American_football)

According to ESPN legal analyst, Alan J. Baverman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_J._Baverman), "as to Ray Lewis, there is no evidence that he assisted anybody in a stabbing or encouraged anybody to do a stabbing which would make him a party to felony murder, malice murder, or felony assault with a knife."<sup id="cite_ref-15" class="reference">[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis_%28American_football%29#cite_note-15)</sup> Lewis's attorney arranged with prosecutors to dismiss the murder charges if Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor) charge of obstruction of justice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstruction_of_justice)<sup id="cite_ref-16" class="reference">[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis_%28American_football%29#cite_note-16)</sup> in exchange for him testifying against Oakley and Sweeting. Lewis accepted the plea bargain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plea_bargain) and was sentenced to one year of probation. He was not suspended by the NFL but was fined US$ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_dollar)250,000, a league record at the time.
Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000. No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.
The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXV) MVP. However, due to the controversy, he did not get the endorsements or the Disney World (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_World) trip offered to recent MVP recipients. The signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead by quarterback Trent Dilfer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Dilfer).
On April 29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_29), 2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004), Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. <sup id="cite_ref-17" class="reference">[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis_%28American_football%29#cite_note-17)</sup> Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.

Throughout his career Lewis has built a reputation as a leader and intimidating force at middle linebacker. He has led his team in tackles in nine of his eleven seasons. His defenses are consistently ranked among the best during his stint.[19] The Ravens did not allow a single 100-yard rusher in 51 consecutive games from the 1998 through 2001 season. In addition to his run defense Lewis has also gained a reputation as a complete defender. Since the murder allegations, Lewis's image has slowly recovered,[20] and today he is considered one of the most dominant linebackers in the history of the National Football League.[21][22][6][23] Lewis was also selected as the third best linebacker of all time on the show The Sports List. A poll of NFL coaches selected Lewis as the most dominant player in the NFL before the 2003 season by being mentioned on ten ballots while no other player was mentioned more than twice.[24]

Lewis's popularity has reached popular media as he has been referenced in various music videos by artists such as Mario in "Just a Friend 2002" and Nelly's "Heart of a Champion". Lewis has also done television spots for NFL Network, Reebok and Under Armour. Lewis was referenced in the film The Rundown by The Rock. He also appeared in a series of Baltimore/Washington local Eastern Motors commercials as "Inspector 52" with fellow NFL players Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor, and LaVar Arrington. Lewis was also the featured athlete on the cover of Madden NFL 2005.

Personal life

Lewis has been heavily involved in charitable activities throughout his professional career. Lewis started the Ray Lewis 52 Foundation which is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide personal and economic assistance to disadvantaged youth. The foundation has funded such events as adopting ten families in Baltimore City community for the holidays, an annual celebrity auction and bowling tournament, the Great Maryland Duck Derby, Thanksgiving food drives and Ray's Summer Days. All proceeds have helped fund the Ray Lewis Foundation.

Lewis has since been involved in pressing political, business and philanthropic leaders for a stronger commitment to disability sports both here and in the developing world. Lewis was also honored with a JB award (named in honor of CBS broadcaster James Brown) during the 2006 off-season and received the "Act of Kindness" Award for his work in the community. [6]

In addition to his efforts in the community Lewis is also an accomplished businessman. He opened the ray lewis Full Moon Bar-B-Que located in Baltimore's Canton neighborhood in February 2005. [25] He has also gained several national corporate endorsements, some of which draw upon his tough image. In 2004, Lewis was placed on the cover of the highly popular Madden NFL 2005 video game distributed by EA Sports, and is also a very avid player of the football video game series. Lewis also joined with Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers and entrepreneur Mark Bloomquist to form S&L Racing, which will race both cars and trucks. The team is headquartered in North Carolina, and already races in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. He is the older brother of former University of Maryland star Keon Lattimore[26]. He has a son, Ray Lewis III who plays quarterback at Lake Mary Prep and was named to the Football University Youth American Bowl.

vancejohnson82
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Here is some info about Ray Lewis. I think he'd be a great addition to the Broncos defense. His skill may be declining but he is a million times better than what we've had. Plus he affects games by his sheer will and that is what the broncos need.

Those of you that think he is a criminal, he's not. You weren't there, you don't know what happened and he never went to jail. He has charities and is a religious man but most importantly, he can play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis_(American_football)

he sounds like a terrible guy, huh?

BroncosinDC
02-27-2009, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=lazarus4444;2304698]Lewis's attorney arranged with prosecutors to dismiss the murder charges if Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice[17] in exchange for him testifying against Oakley and Sweeting. Lewis accepted the plea bargain and was sentenced to one year of probationQUOTE]

So you are saying he is a snitch? Murder is one thing but snitching that's just wrong. Snitches get stitches. I am no longer certian I want him in Denver. Although we do play Baltimore ans snitching on their D may prove to be acceptable.

eddie mac
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Lewis must be looking close to $10m per year because the Ravens have just reported they cant meet his current contract demands but are still working on a deal.

Punisher
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Take Ray Lewis he's Player Coach type,he can teach woodyard,larsen etc leadership on this team plus he can tackle :)

BroncoMan4ever
02-27-2009, 12:07 PM

shanny would have been going toe-to-toe with Snyder for being the biggest dumbest overspending dumbass to start FA.

he would have been going after guys who are big named dudes, who are going to command big money, get to Denver and do jack ****.

i am cool with McDaniels and the team taking the approach of bringing in guys that will work hard and be contributors. not necessarily superstars or guys who are going to get a lot of praise, but they will come in and work hard

broncofan2438
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Lewis must be looking close to $10m per year because the Ravens have just reported they cant meet his current contract demands but are still working on a deal.

I heard they offered him $24mil

BroncoMan4ever
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
i hate the guy, but i would love the signing. he will bring a vocal and emotional leadership to Denver that has been missing since Al Wilson. he will be the best LB that has played in Denver since Wilson. the most intimidating guy the team has had since Romo.

yes he is an asshole and personally i hate his guts. but this team needs a guy like him.

rovolution
02-27-2009, 12:18 PM
forget you idiots critizing his past.

Ray is pure passion and pure fire. None of you have seen an emotional leader of this caliber. His very stare alone would make you wanna go out and lay the smack down someone.

Denver hasnt had defensive players like that since Romo and Al Wilson.

Cutler and his mellow personality would get a chance to see what it takes to become a true leader in the locker room.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2009, 06:39 PM

The LAPD are the only reason OJ got off. Had they done there job right there wouldn't have been any reason to doubt he did kill those people.

ohiobronco2
02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
The LAPD are the only reason OJ got off. Had they done there job right there wouldn't have been any reason to doubt he did kill those people.

There was no reason to doubt then. But yes, Cochran did a manificent job of making the LAPD look both racist and incompetent.