PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency starts Friday - Who is our first FA signing?

DarkHorse
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Discuss.

Do we pick someone up day 1 and if so, who?

socalorado
02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Canty
Sanders
Bartell
Olshansky

That should do it for FRI!

montrose
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
The first guys you bring in are the ones you want the most and will command the most attention. I think it'll be a DB like Bartell or Sanders.

tonngo0
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
sit and wait for the dirt cheap FA

Man-Goblin
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
The first guys you bring in are the ones you want the most and will command the most attention. I think it'll be a DB like Bartell or Sanders.

The way it has worked lately though is that guys are shopping unless they get overpaid. You almost want to be 2nd or 3rd on the tour so you know what other teams are offering.

broncosteven
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I would really like to see Safety addressed with Brown.

We will probably bring in another CB though even if they are keeping Payma.

Too bad there are no decent DL targets we can bring in.

socalorado
02-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Mike Brown!?!? That guys useless! If DEN gives him any $$$, i will be pissed!
He is always injured, and should just consider retirement.
James Sanders is 25, and a up and coming FS. He would make a solid addition next to Barrett.
Lets get solid, YOUNG leaders from programs that MCD was a part of.

Man-Goblin
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Also, I'd live to see them target Sanders since safties don't comparably cost that much.

bowtown
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
James Sanders is 25, and a up and coming FS. He would make a solid addition next to Barrett.

Agreed. I would like to see this team adopt a saftey first attitude and go get either Wilson, Sanders or Phillips.

broncosteven
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM

I will take Sanders.

Yes Brown is a liablity but he played 15 games last year and had 2 INTs, that would have tied our CB's INT total. He is a game changer.

I think Sanders is a good solid player who would look good in a Bronco uni but not an game changer like Brown.

socalorado
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Agreed. I would like to see this team adopt a saftey first attitude and go get either Wilson, Sanders or Phillips.

Sean Jones is also a option. He can play either FS or SS. Hes talented and young.
I am hoping they get young talented guys who can grow with the coaching staff and stay here for a long time.
Lets get a young, tough group of SOBS that wanna kick some @$$!

bowtown
02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I will take Sanders.

Yes Brown is a liablity but he played 15 games last year and had 2 INTs, that would have tied our CB's INT total. He is a game changer.

I think Sanders is a good solid player who would look good in a Bronco uni but not an game changer like Brown.

Yeah, but it's hard to change a game in the trainers room.

broncosteven
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but it's hard to change a game in the trainers room.

If he played in 15 or 16 games last year he was not in the trainers room more than one game.

There is no other FA out there that could have as big an impact as Brown.

Brown also loves the game, I initally mocked his crying spree in 2007 after he was put on IR but i came to realize after his return this year that it was passion for football. Something this team could use.

broncosteven
02-25-2009, 04:04 PM
BTW girls:

James Sanders played in 14 games last year with 1 int and 42 tackles 22 assists.

Mike Brown played in 15 games last year with 2 INTS and 57 tackles 16 assists

Sanders has 1 INT and 1 TD for his career and Brown has 17 INTS and 4 TDs.

ColoradoBuff
02-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Sanders or Jones would be a great addition...then Bartell and Canty please.

mr007
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Mike Brown would be pretty high on my list.

Popcorn Sutton
02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Kenny Peterson

SonOfLe-loLang
02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
One of those D-ends...Canty or Olshansky should be immediatelyin their sites...safety too

DarkHorse
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I'd love to see Igor and Sean Jones brought in, along with Bartell.

Punisher
02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Bring Foxy back and maybe take a look at Bart Scott...

kdissette
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
i would like to see us pick up donnie edwards if we can get him for cheap, we lack depth at the LB position, and Sanders would be a great pickup as well, then last i would like to pick up Mccalister.

Tombstone RJ
02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
i would like to see us pick up donnie edwards if we can get him for cheap, we lack depth at the LB position, and Sanders would be a great pickup as well, then last i would like to pick up Mccalister.

I don't think the Broncos necessarily lack depth at the LBer position, what the Broncos lack is a little something called talent.

Except for Larsen. He's the schitznik. ;D

Punisher
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't think the Broncos necessarily lack depth at the LBer position, what the Broncos lack is a little something called talent.

Except for Larsen. He's the schitznik. ;D

START LARSEN!

PRBronco
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Karl "the starter" Paymah.

broncos-rock
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm going to say Mike Wright!

Popps
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
For what it's worth, my better Cowboys sources of info are pretty bummed to see Canty leaving. I haven't gotten to watch him first-hand, much. I wouldn't want to overpay him, but he seems like a solid possibility.

A lack of DEs in the market could make him a little too pricey, though.

snowspot66
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Why do people keep bringing up Olshanksy? **** no.

ZONA
02-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Don't be surprised to see some guys you've never heard of that are super young and raw and that might not have been given the best of chances. I don't see this coaching staff going with over priced older worn out not living up to their contract type of players. I mean, lets get real, we just cut alot of that same baggage from our team these past few weeks.

Something tells me they are in TRUE rebuilding mode right now and will look for super young players that have potential but other teams may have given up on.

DarkHorse
02-25-2009, 06:04 PM

He fits a need and he's mean/nasty - we need some attitude on defense right now.

worm
02-25-2009, 06:17 PM
For what it's worth, my better Cowboys sources of info are pretty bummed to see Canty leaving.

What exactly are your better Cowboy 'sources'? A friend who follows the Cowboys? Someone you know who lives in Dallas? Team waterboy?

Do they consider you one of their better Bronco sources?

Opinions are like a-holes after all....I am sure you can find people who love that he is leaving and those that are bummed. Therefore I am not sure it is 'worth very much'.

Besides....I think he will be too expensive for Denver given his past production.

maher_tyler
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't be surprised to see some guys you've never heard of that are super young and raw and that might not have been given the best of chances. I don't see this coaching staff going with over priced older worn out not living up to their contract type of players. I mean, lets get real, we just cut alot of that same baggage from our team these past few weeks.

Something tells me they are in TRUE rebuilding mode right now and will look for super young players that have potential but other teams may have given up on.

That might be true but i think we bring in at least 1 or 2 big name guys...hopefully on the DL and a Safety..possibly a LBer as well.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Coles

Popcorn Sutton
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
He fits a need and he's mean/nasty - we need some attitude on defense right now.

He's a douche.

broncosteven
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
We should talk Brent Farvere out of retirement to be our #2.

Requiem
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I hear that "Foneco" guy could be a darkhorse option for the Broncos. . . not sure what his asking price is. . . ;)

i4jelway7
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
matt light

oubronco
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Will Demps

e-mac
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Nick Goings low price RB familiar with the new system plus that way the internet anarchy can heat up about our team not fixing the Defense then a slew of 2nd tier FAs come in and get the Hixon-esque hypejob until preseason.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Who ever it is he better not cost much.

Paladin
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
McFadden.

You heard it here......

BroncoMan4ever
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Kenny Peterson will be signed back right away.

BroncoMan4ever
02-25-2009, 11:33 PM

yes he is a world class turd with an attitude in a Chargers uniform. but put him in a Denver uniform and my dislike of him goes down, he makes a few plays in a Denver uniform and the hate is gone.

plus he fills a need we have at DE, if experienced in a 3-4, would probably like sticking it to SD twice a year and his nasty attitude is something our defense has needed since Romo left.

OrangeRising
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
What are the greatest immediate needs?? Defensive line and Safety, right?

Canty sounds right. Olshansky is a pain in arse personality type. I'm just guessing, but I'm betting McDaniels avoids him, and Lewis, and guys like that.

SouthStndJunkie
02-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Igor Olshansky will be Denver's first free agent signing.

Elway777
02-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Bartell , Sean Jones , and Lewis . The Broncos hit the trifecta in the first day.

Dedhed
02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
We should sign Chris Canty @ 12:02 EST, and Colin Cole @12:03. The DL draft class does not look very good, and the LB tweaners are as deep as I've ever seen.

Signing two legit 3-4 DLs would be really good start as far as the off-season acquisitions go. Addressing the DL early in FA would give us the chance to go after the BDPA in the early rounds, and even consider an offensive guy on day 1.

BMarsh615
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Well we can take Gibril Wilson off of the list.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/wilson-lands-with-fins/

Broncojef
02-26-2009, 06:54 AM
I'll go with Mike Wright. A decent fill at a real position of need, knows McD and he shouldn't be real expensive. My wish list in the short term....

Wright (NT)
Sanders (S)
Canty (DE)
Bartrell (CB)

TonyR
02-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Well we can take Gibril Wilson off of the list.

Which possibly means they let Y. Bell walk. And with Parcells involved it probably also means that Wilson was one of the better options available!

Inkana7
02-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I don't understand why there are so many people saying "Somebody cheap, I hope!"

Guys, we just cut our defense. And it was bad to start with. We have NOTHING on that side of the ball. We need to spend money.

cmhargrove
02-26-2009, 08:07 AM
I think that technically the first signing will indeed be Kenny Peterson, then we will hopefully go after Bartell.

I think we will end up re-signing Paymah, but first they will let him sit out there a while and draw no interest. When he knows he has little value, we'll sign him for little value (not starter money). He'll be a good depth re-signing in our new scheme.

Elway777
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
I think Bartell and Sean Jones will both be Broncos. Then I look for the Broncos to add Vince Fuller, Tekeo Spikes. Fields and Wright and Derick Ward. Bartell should cost about 7 million , Jones 5 million, Fuller 2 million
Spikes, 2million , Fields, 1 million, Wright,1 million and Ward 3 million. That would be about 20 million. The Broncos still have 20 million , Maybe they also go after John Henderson with their 2 round pick and extend Marshall and Kuper contract.

BlaK-Argentina
02-26-2009, 08:18 AM
If Miami let's Yeremiah Bell go we NEED to sign him.

bowtown
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I think Bartell and Sean Jones will both be Broncos. Then I look for the Broncos to add Vince Fuller, Tekeo Spikes. Fields and Wright and Derick Ward. Bartell should cost about 7 million , Jones 5 million, Fuller 2 million
Spikes, 2million , Fields, 1 million, Wright,1 million and Ward 3 million. That would be about 20 million. The Broncos still have 20 million , Maybe they also go after John Henderson with their 2 round pick and extend Marshall and Kuper contract.

You live in fantasy land if you think Ward is going anywhere for 3 mil.

socalorado
02-26-2009, 08:20 AM
If Miami let's Yeremiah Bell go we NEED to sign him.

Is bell healthy? I think MCD goes after FS James Sanders and DE/NT Mike Wright for NE. Wright could really help the d-line, and Sanders is a really up and coming, young FS.

TonyR
02-26-2009, 08:21 AM
...then we will hopefully go after Bartell.

I agree but I have a sinking feeling that he'll be WAY out of our price range with all the holes we have to fill.

HorseHead
02-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Dale Carter...i'm sorry, still stuck in 1999....

James Sanders would be hella cool...

I've got a strange Bart Scott premonition...

worm
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM

That is called a wish....not a premonition.

Cito Pelon
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM

Brown is ok with me. He's had a broken arm I think because he's so aggressive tackling. But he has great ball skills and has good return skills once he gets an INT and he gets a few of them. Denver hasn't had a safety like Brown in a long time. Eric Brown doesn't count.

Traveler
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Without having too much money invested in one position, what are you folks thoughts on Bartell? Is he worth the type of money the Colts gave to Hayden?

He does fit the physical requirements Nolan like in his CB's.

OT: Is anyone here a subscriber to ESPN Insider? Interested in reading their article on Trade possibilities.

TonyR
02-26-2009, 10:03 AM
OT: Is anyone here a subscriber to ESPN Insider? Interested in reading their article on Trade possibilities.

I'd also like to see Scout's FA rankings from Insider. Where are the people who aren't cheap like me?!?

Old Dude
02-26-2009, 10:27 AM
My guess is one of the following three CBs: Buchanon, McFadden or Bartell. (McFadden might be the best bang for the cheapest buck. Bartell will probably cost too much.)

At Safety: Sanders, Phillips, Sharper or Brown. (Despite the injury history, I like Brown)

NT: Mike Wright (versatile & experienced; shouldn't break the bank). Maybe they take a run at Canty.

DE: Kenny Peterson (maybe the only guy worth keeping).

LB: Bart Scott.

oubronco
02-26-2009, 10:28 AM

Ravens | Closing in on deal with Scott
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:13:47 -0800
Mike Preston, of The Baltimore Sun, reports it appears the Baltimore Ravens are moving closer to a new contract with impending free-agent LB Bart Scott before the start of free agency.

oubronco
02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2302396 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2302396 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 1px solid">TEXANS GIVE TRIO “THE TAP”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2009, 4:10 p.m.

The Houston Texans have dumped three players from their roster in advance of the start of the new league year.

Gone are safety Will Demps, tackle Ephraim Salaam, and defensive end Anthony Weaver.

Weaver’s impending release was previously reported.

Demps was entering the final year of his contract, at a base salary of $2.35 million. His departure clears that same amount of cap space, along with the amount of any roster bonus, workout bonus, and/or incentives for the 2009 season.

Salaam also was entering the last year of his contract, at a base salary of $845,000.

Weaver’s release, as previously reported, creates $800,000 in cap space.

So the total savings are at least $3.995 million against the 2009 salary cap.
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid">http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/reputation.php?p=2302396)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbrep_register("2302396")</SCRIPT> http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/report.php?p=2302396) </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ff0000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ff0000 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ff0000 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Demps and Bartell

TonyR
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
NT: Mike Wright (versatile & experienced; shouldn't break the bank). Maybe they take a run at Canty.

Canty is a DE.

Old Dude
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Canty is a DE.

Ouch. We could also use him there, though.

Old Dude
02-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Without having too much money invested in one position, what are you folks thoughts on Bartell? Is he worth the type of money the Colts gave to Hayden?

Everything that I've heard and read says that Denver is going for "quantity" rather than spending bookoo bucks on just two or three guys. Bartell is going to command a pretty big contract. OTOH, if they do splurge somewhere, it might be at CB, since Bly is gone and with Bailey on the other side, Bly's replacement is going to see a lot of balls thrown his way.

Doggcow
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I want Bryant McFadden.

montrose
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't think we'll make any signings for a few days. Why? To torture the Mane that much more. McDaniels and Xanders mission? Pure meltdown.

BroncoInferno
02-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I have no idea who we will sign first, but I do know that if they don't sign someone within the first four hours there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth here on the ol' OM.

TonyR
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
FWIW, here's Pete Prisco's FA rankings.

1. Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee Titans: He's easily the best player on this list. He's a power player who dominates when he wants to do so.

2 Jason Brown, C, Baltimore Ravens: He's a power player in the middle who is just now entering his prime. He's better blocking for the run than as a pass protector. Will cash in big in this period.

3. Chris Canty, DE, Dallas Cowboys: He's a big defensive end who can play the run. He's not a great pass rusher but might entice some 3-4 teams.

4. Antonio Smith, DE, Arizona Cardinals: He had a great playoff run, showing off pass-rush skills. That is why he will get overpaid in this market. Intriguing, but not as good as the money he will make.

5. Bryant McFadden, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers: He's a solid starter and teams are always looking for corners. Plus, his best football will come in the next three years.

6. Stacy Andrews, T, Cincinnati Bengals: He tore up his knee late last season, but he's made good progress. He should be ready for the open of the 2009 season. Knee injuries don't cripple linemen. He's an ascending player.

7. Jonathan Vilma, LB, New Orleans Saints: In his first season with the Saints, he showed why he is a good 4-3 linebacker and why the Jets miscast him as a 3-4 inside backer. The Saints want him back, but he will be tough to keep.

8. DeAngelo Hall, CB, Washington Redskins: He's not nearly as good as he thinks, but he played well for the Redskins after the Raiders let him go last season. But how does he play after he gets paid? He had to play well in Washington to get another big contract.

9. Bart Scott, LB, Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens will try to keep him, but they have other issues. He's a good player, but he's seeking great player money.

10. Channing Crowder, LB, Miami Dolphins: He's an aggressive, young linebacker who fits the target demographic at 26. The price is too high for the Dolphins to retain him. (Re-signed with Miami, Feb. 25)

11. Igor Olshansky, DT, San Diego Chargers: He's a solid 3-4 end who can hold up against the run. Can he play inside in a 4-3 defense is the big question.

12. Philip Buchanon, CB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He started last year for the Bucs, and at 28 he still has some good football left. He's another player who is a perfect second corner.

13. Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Ravens: Age moves him down, but for a team looking for a two-year hit he can help. That team better have big people to keep guards off him.

14. Kurt Warner, QB, Arizona Cardinals: He'll play in Arizona, which is why he's down this list. Like Lewis, he's a two-year player.

15. T. J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Cincinnati Bengals: He'll be looking for No. 1 receiver money and I don't think he's that guy. Somebody will.

16. Gibril Wilson, S, Oakland Raiders: After being a marquee signing by the Raiders last season, Wilson was let go in a cost-cutting move. He played OK in his first season in Oakland, but was cut because of cap considerations. (Signed with Miami, Feb. 26).

17. Fred Taylor, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Here's another two-year player. Don't let last season fool you, he can still run. The Patriots are a perfect fit.

18. Yeremiah Bell, S, Miami Dolphins: He's had some injury issues, but he played well in 2008. He's a tough tackler who always seems to be around the ball.

19. Jabari Greer, CB, Buffalo Bills: He has started 23 games the past two seasons and should be getting a lot of attention when the period opens. He's a good No. 2 corner.

20. Jovan Haye, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He's not a big defensive tackle at 285 pounds, so he has to play in the right system. The Bucs were perfect for him; he started the past two seasons. He has to play in a similar system.

21. Gerald Sensabaugh, S, Jacksonville Jaguars: Were it not for his off-the-field issues, he'd be higher on this list. He was the Jaguars' best defender in the final five games of last season.

22. Andra Davis, LB, Cleveland Browns: At 30, he's not the player he was a few years ago. But he had 90 tackles last season and can still be a productive NFL linebacker.

23. Mike Peterson, LB, Jacksonville Jaguars: He had a falling out with Jack Del Rio, leading to his benching, but he still led the team in tackles. He has two good years left.

24. Jermaine Phillips, S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He turns 30 in March and the Bucs like backup Sabby Piscatelli, which is why he's probably gone. He played well in 2007, tailed off some last season, but he can help a team in need of a starting strong safety.

25. Byron Leftwich, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers: After spending 2008 as a backup in Pittsburgh, it's time for him to start again. He's more than capable.

26. Marcus Washington, LB, Washington Redskins: The Redskins released him for money reasons. He played only 22 games the past two seasons because of hamstring issues.

27. Sean Jones, S, Cleveland Browns: He's a solid strong safety who isn't great in coverage. But he does play well in run support.

28. Rocky Bernard. DT, Seattle Seahawks: Bernard is 308 pounds and plays with quickness. He started 15 games last season, but he turns 30 in April. Even so, he's got some talent.

29. Michael Boley, LB, Atlanta Falcons: He had a good season two years ago, but fell off last year. Some off-field issues led to that. He can still play.

30. James Sanders, S, New England Patriots: He's a young safety who can run and hit. He had 64 tackles and one interception last season. At 25, he's worth a look.

31. Chris McAlister, CB, Baltimore Ravens: He's getting up in years and has injury issues last season, but he can still help a team for a year or two. When he's healthy, he can still cover well.

32. Jon Stinchcomb, T, New Orleans Saints: He has started at right tackle the past three seasons, and has played well at times. He isn't a mauler, but gets by with smarts and athletic ability.

33. Ronald Bartell, CB, St. Louis Rams: He's a young player who emerged last year in his first as a starter. He's the kind of rising player teams need to sign.

34. Chauncey Davis, DE, Atlanta Falcons: He is a situational pass rusher who thinks he's ready to start. He had four sacks last season. At 26, he is at the target age. The question is whether he's big enough at 270 pounds to be an every-down end.

35. Chris Carr, KR-CB, Tennessee Titans: He can be used as a nickel corner and a return man. He showed well for the Titans last year after coming over from the Raiders.

36. Marvel Smith, T, Pittsburgh Steelers: Injuries are the big thing with him. If not, he'd be higher on this list. He can be a quality left tackle when he's on the field, Medical is huge for him.

37. Nate Washington, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers: He's got good speed and has played well as a third receiver with the Steelers. Is he anything more than that? Probably not.

38. Drayton Florence, CB, Jacksonville Jaguars: He's a nickel back. Period. The Jaguars thought he was more, but then released him when they found out he wasn't.

39. Brandon Jones, WR, Tennessee Titans: He had his best season in 2008, which is a sign he is getting better. He isn't a No. 1 guy, but he could help as a second or third receiver.

40. Khalif Barnes, T, Jacksonville Jaguars: He has the ability to be a quality starter, but some off-the-field issues have stunted his development. If he's more focused, he can be a quality left tackle.

41. Jeff Saturday, C, Indianapolis Colts: At 33, how much does he have left? He was perfect for the Colts, but he doesn't have the strength to play in a lot of systems. He'll get some interest, but not as much as you think.

42. L.J. Smith, TE, Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles franchised him last year and then he didn't play well. This time, he hits the market. For a team looking for a pass-catching tight end, he's intriguing.

43. Derrick Ward, RB, New York Giants: He wants a chance to start, but he might just be a backup. If he's looking for starter money, he might not get it.

44. Domonique Foxworth, CB, Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons picked him up last year and he played well for them. Might be a good nickel corner rather than a starter.

45. Laveranues Coles, WR, New York Jets: He is getting up in the years, but he can still help a team with his speed. The Jets tired of his complaining.

46. Marvin Harrison, WR, Indianapolis Colts: He might still be able to help a team as a third receiver, but that's it. His best days are way behind him.

47. Tra Thomas, T, Philadelphia Eagles: His career is winding down and he didn't play up to his usual level last season, but he can still be a capable starter. The team that signs him can't go crazy, though, because he's coming to the end.

48. Bert Berry, DE, Arizona Cardinals: How much does he have left? He's entering his 11h season, which is a concern. He might be able to help in a situational role.

49. Leigh Bodden, CB, Detroit Lions: The Lions let him go for cap reasons, but he has starting-corner skills. With six years experience, he will get action.

50. Jim Leonhard, S, Baltimore Ravens: It's funny how one good season in the right system can help a career. Leonhard was a second-level free agent until this past season when he played for an injured Dawan Landry. Now he will get some action.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main11425323.shtml

Here's Scout's:

http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=9&c=12&yr=2009&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16

broncofan7
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Jabar Gaffney. not that I really want him

MechanicalBull
02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Schefter was on wfan here in NY and when they asked him about Derrick Ward he said he believes he will end up with the Giants, Bucs, or Broncos.

He didn't say he heard anything from anyone just where he thinks Ward will sign.