PDA

View Full Version : NT Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland.

HEAV
02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that All-Pro NT Shaun Rogers has grown so "disenchanted" with the new Browns regime that he's asked the team to not exercise his $6 million March option bonus.

The Browns deny Rogers demanded his release, but failing to pick up the bonus would make him a free agent. It would also cause Cleveland a $9.8 million cap hit. Eric Mangini has reportedly reached out to Rogers in hopes of changing his mind. The coach did the same in New York with Laveranues Coles, but clearly the Mangini-Kokonis era has gotten off to a rotten start.

-------------

Now theres a former Brown I wouldn't mind seeing iin Denver!

socalorado
02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that All-Pro NT Shaun Rogers has grown so "disenchanted" with the new Browns regime that he's asked the team to not exercise his $6 million March option bonus.

The Browns deny Rogers demanded his release, but failing to pick up the bonus would make him a free agent. It would also cause Cleveland a $9.8 million cap hit. Eric Mangini has reportedly reached out to Rogers in hopes of changing his mind. The coach did the same in New York with Laveranues Coles, but clearly the Mangini-Kokonis era has gotten off to a rotten start.

-------------

Now theres a former Brown I wouldn't mind seeing iin Denver!

If he sticks to his guns and gets out, i would hope DEN would be the 1st place he looks.

socalorado
02-24-2009, 09:32 PM
BEAUTIFUL! Bring him in if he's reasonable .... he's a better player than either Grady Jackson or Gabe Watson, the only other FA NTs.

Isnt Gabe Watson a RFA?I think he will get at least a 3rd round tenure if he is.

bowtown
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
There is ZERO chance that Cleveland will not pick up the bonus.

BroncoBuff
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Isnt Gabe Watson a RFA?I think he will get at least a 3rd round tenure if he is.

Yes, Watson is an RFA, and he's also ranked a notch below Grady Jackson in talent, so I prefer Grady. He only has a couple decent seasons left, but I'm in favir of drafting two NTs, Ron Brace and Dorrell Scott. Grady can end his career here tutoring Brace and Scott on 3-4 technique.

BroncoBuff
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
There is ZERO chance that Cleveland will not pick up the bonus.

Buzzkill! I was just getting ready to post a pic of the Lombardi trophy!

JJJ
02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey getting a used Cleveland defensive lineman. Now there is a completely new idea.

GoBroncos84
02-24-2009, 10:10 PM
If he is released he should be our number 1 target. If they pick up the bonus and he still wants out, we should try to work a trade. Wasn't he traded for a 4th round pick? And the going rate for top D-tackles last year was a 3rd and a 5th I think. I would give up a 3rd and a 5th for Shaun, no question. Especially since we have an extra 5th this year

Bob
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
He would likely be better than the 100 million dollar baby

TheDave
02-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Wishful thinking... Even if he was released, which is highly doubtful, he is way out of our price range.

tsiguy96
02-24-2009, 10:15 PM
wow, wonder why the browns went gung-ho on mangini, seems to kill careers....

broncofan2438
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Knowing us, we probably let him slip past us

yerner
02-24-2009, 11:46 PM
geez, mangina must be quite the asshole.

DBroncos4life
02-24-2009, 11:48 PM
trading for him would be the best way to make a deal for him work.

BroncoBuff
02-25-2009, 12:34 AM
wow, wonder why the browns went gung-ho on mangini, seems to kill careers....

Favre doesn't count ... he was on his last leg anyway.

Traveler
02-25-2009, 05:49 AM
$9+ million dollar cap hit this year if they don't exercise the option. He's not going anywhere.

Popcorn Sutton
02-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Hey getting a used Cleveland defensive lineman. Now there is a completely new idea.

Who was in the Pro Bowl last year... :lombardi:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2009, 07:52 AM
$9+ million dollar cap hit this year if they don't exercise the option. He's not going anywhere.

Hmmm... I could see him getting traded though, and like someone said above, a 3rd and a 5th for Rogers would be a damn good trade.

Archer81
02-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Knowing us, we probably let him slip past us

New coach and GM. New way of doing things, so its possible IF cleveland releases him and he is reasonable about his contract demands, he should then be a Bronco.

:Broncos: