PDA

View Full Version : Alphonso Smith

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Very impressive. Ran faster than I'd think and was incredibly intelligent and well spoken in his interview. He mentioned that we spoke to him. This place would crap their pants if we took a corner with our first pick. If we traded back I wouldn't mind him in the teens, though.

SoDak Bronco
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
He is a slow mans Dwill, that is who he reminded me of. Great Ball skills, but not that fast. 4.5 (not slow, but not great speed either). He will be an early 2nd rouner IMO

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 01:09 PM
What was his shuttle time? And D-wil was a mid second rounder. You think he drops that far?

ludo21
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Alphonso will be a good player I think. I wouldnt mind him late in the first and that way we can trade back and get Barwin in the earl 2nd maybe..

SoDak Bronco
02-24-2009, 01:18 PM
What was his shuttle time? And D-wil was a mid second rounder. You think he drops that far?

Probably not. He seems to be one of the top guys in a fairly average DB class. I think he goes in the early 2nd.

SoDak Bronco
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
What about Sean Smith, don't you think this guy is going to go earlier then Alphonso with his size? the dude is big and can move.

Mediator12
02-24-2009, 01:47 PM
It is hard to pull the trigger on a CB that small in the first round, because they hardly ever project to playing the #1 CB. They can still be a top level #2 CB, but first rounders should be projected to be the top CB on a team for the most part.

That being said, the kid can ball. His tape is solid, his ball skills are solid, and he can tackle in space. I think teams will worry about larger WR's in coverage and blocking though and while his skills are good, his lack of size could make him go a little further down the draft than his skills indicate. So, he could be a value pickup for a team with a great #1 CB.

socalorado
02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
What about Sean Smith, don't you think this guy is going to go earlier then Alphonso with his size? the dude is big and can move.

Sean Smith is projected as a FS as far as i have ever seen. He will be long gone by midway through the 2nd. Just my 2 cents on him.

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Sean Smith is projected as a FS as far as i have ever seen. He will be long gone by midway through the 2nd. Just my 2 cents on him.

That's what I'm seeing too. I wouldn't mind Sean Smith on the team, though - even if he is a dirty Utard.

elsid13
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
It is hard to pull the trigger on a CB that small in the first round, because they hardly ever project to playing the #1 CB. They can still be a top level #2 CB, but first rounders should be projected to be the top CB on a team for the most part.

That being said, the kid can ball. His tape is solid, his ball skills are solid, and he can tackle in space. I think teams will worry about larger WR's in coverage and blocking though and while his skills are good, his lack of size could make him go a little further down the draft than his skills indicate. So, he could be a value pickup for a team with a great #1 CB.

I think he might be the best CB in this draft. He has the skills and if you watch him he did match up well against bigger ACC WR during his career at WF.

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I think he might be the best CB in this draft. He has the skills and if you watch him he did match up well against bigger ACC WR during his career at WF.

He covered Calvin Johnson.

GoBroncos84
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
That's what I'm seeing too. I wouldn't mind Sean Smith on the team, though - even if he is a dirty Utard.

Haha... damn, no love for the Utes?

BroncoMan4ever
02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
McDaniels is a Belicheat disciple. Belicheat never divulges any information on who he will draft. for the most part we can probably expect our draft picks to continue to be guys who never spoke with us.

no way we draft this guy.