PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth to Skins: Good luck buddy...

mr007
02-24-2009, 11:35 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

Albert Haynesworth will be a Washington Redskin

Remember back on December 23rd when I told you guys that Scott Pioli would be the GM for the Kansas City Chiefs before anyone had it? I got it from a very well-connected league source. That source is talking (actually texting) again.

CHRONICLE FILE

Has Albert Haynesworth played his last game for the Titans?

This time around he tells me that the Washington Redskins will break the bank to sign Albert Haynesworth. The Titans could come over the top of the Redskins deal as well, but my guess is that the Redskins will let Haynesworth get the best offer possible from the Titans and then "better deal" it.

My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants. As a Texan fan, I would really be devastated to see Haynesworth leave the division ... only, no I wouldn't. Beat it, Haynesworth.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
[URL] Dan Snyder gets what he wants.

Some height?

A Super Bowl championship?

A return on his investment?

Steve Spurrier?

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow, thats alot of $$$$.

Danny strikes again!

ludo21
02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Good, we dont waste our time on a guy that wont fit the 3-4.

bronco militia
02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
that's funny...I read the same thing yesterday at cnnsi.com.

your source is peter king

bronco militia
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
There's no long line waiting to pry Albert Haynesworth from the Titans.

In fact, Washington might be the logical landing spot. Hmmmm. I wonder why Redskins owner Dan Snyder was having dinner with the agent for Haynesworth, Chad Speck, at Morton's here Saturday night. I'm sure they were just talking about how it was colder here than at the Arctic Circle. But I kept asking all weekend: "Who wants Haynesworth -- or, more appropriately, who's going to pony up for him?'' And I got the old "it only takes one'' answer a few times. But one coach told me the smartest thing, and this was a coach who has some interest in getting Haynesworth at the right price, which is about half of what Haynesworth is hoping to get. "Everybody I've asked this weekend says, 'We're out of that,' or 'I don't think you'll see us involved in Haynesworth.' ''

Sad, really, because he's a great football player, an impactful player who can change a game from the interior defensive line spot. The downer stuff about Haynesworth:

• He's never played a full season. He's started three, 11, 10, 14, 10, 12 and 14 in his seven seasons.

• He's never played more than 65 percent of the Titans' defensive snaps in a season. You might say a Nnamdi Asomugha is tremendously overpaid at $15-million a year (much more on him later in the column), but Asomugha or a quarterback is going to play 95 percent of his unit's plays in the course of a year, barring injury. Even if healthy, Haynesworth's going to come off the field a third of the time, minimum. So do you want to pay quarterback money to a player who never touches the ball and plays two-thirds of the snaps a franchise quarterback plays? It makes no sense.

• He's got a reputation for coasting on some plays.

• He'll be 28 on opening day. You want to pay a 335-pound guy who's never started more than 14 games and is entering his eighth year $13 million or $15 million a year? Good luck.

In the end, my guess is Snyder will pay up and grab him. He's the kind of trophy player Snyder would love to have, and the kind of player, if healthy, who will really help the Redskins close the gap on the Giants in the NFC East.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/02/22/mmqb/index.html

mr007
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Good, we dont waste our time on a guy that wont fit the 3-4.

Yeah no doubt. I wasn't worried about us going after him because I really didn't see it happening. But I'm pretty sure this dude's production goes down immediately after signing this contract.

24champ
02-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Deal is Done!

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I'd love it! This guy will get paid and tank it. And the Redskins will have even more egg on their face. Keep throwing money at guys who never live up to their contract, deadskins. You're a joke.:notworthy

watermock
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
not the player we need.

Tjhey had a bit on Peppers being worthless too on espn. guess who he was battling? Some unknown rook named Caddie or somethin'

400HZ
02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
You guys are hilarious.

HorseHead
02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Man, that is so unlike the Redskins...

montrose
02-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't surprise me.

Dukes
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
A match made in loser heaven

bowtown
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I think we should sign him and then trade him to the Redskins.

OBF1
02-24-2009, 12:24 PM
This is huge news :)

brncs_fan
02-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Some things never change I guess.

TheChamp24
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
1. It can't be official because of a little thing called tampering.
2. He will be a bust for how much money he gets. Injury prone and I don't think he will be as good very long.

broncogary
02-24-2009, 12:37 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

Albert Haynesworth will be a Washington Redskin

Remember back on December 23rd when I told you guys that Scott Pioli would be the GM for the Kansas City Chiefs before anyone had it? I got it from a very well-connected league source. That source is talking (actually texting) again.

CHRONICLE FILE

Has Albert Haynesworth played his last game for the Titans?

This time around he tells me that the Washington Redskins will break the bank to sign Albert Haynesworth. The Titans could come over the top of the Redskins deal as well, but my guess is that the Redskins will let Haynesworth get the best offer possible from the Titans and then "better deal" it.

My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per. My guy is almost never wrong and Dan Snyder gets what he wants. As a Texan fan, I would really be devastated to see Haynesworth leave the division ... only, no I wouldn't. Beat it, Haynesworth.

I listen to Lance Z every morning on http://www.1560thegame.com/

His dad is the o-line coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

BroncoMan4ever
02-24-2009, 12:58 PM
if that is true, that is going to **** up the price scale for other DT in FA. 100million and 15-16 million a year.

he was trying for a deal worth 72million over 6 years. if the Redskins do sign him to that big of a deal, lower level DT's are going to see this and up their price realizing they are the best of what is left.

bronco militia
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/redskins-dump-truck.jpeg

broncosteven
02-24-2009, 01:05 PM
We are still getting Peppers though right?

DomCasual
02-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Deal is Done!

Bwahahahaha! That's going to get some MILEAGE over the next few years!

Broncojef
02-24-2009, 02:30 PM
if that is true, that is going to **** up the price scale for other DT in FA. 100million and 15-16 million a year.

he was trying for a deal worth 72million over 6 years. if the Redskins do sign him to that big of a deal, lower level DT's are going to see this and up their price realizing they are the best of what is left.

I'd rather see a different fat guy picked from the crowd every week to play NT than to invest that kinda money in that loser. At least with the guy picked at random I could really cheer for him or laugh if the game got too outta hand.

WolfpackGuy
02-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Do the Redskins ever learn?
Sean Gilbert, Dan Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, late 30's Bruce Smith...
And people want to talk about the Broncos DL free agent busts...

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Do the Redskins ever learn?
Sean Gilbert, Dan Wilkinson, Dana Stubblefield, late 30's Bruce Smith...
And people want to talk about the Broncos DL free agent busts...

Andre Carter, Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, Randal El...ROFL!

OrangeRising
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Like someone else said already, if this happens at that astronomical dollar figure, it just pushes the salary demands of these premier players higher and higher. At some point, and maybe we're already there, fans are just going to abruptly stop buying the inflated ticket prices necessary to support these salaries, and advertisers just aren't going to fork over too much more to run ads during NFL games. Not in this economy. If there is an uncapped year, this whole process is going to finally price out the average fan altogather.

elsid13
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
So the writer was on the sport talk radio here in DC (BTW owned by Danny Boy). He wouldn't give a name but said serveral of his sources have confirmed the framework is in place and the skins are about to lose a number of players to get under the cap to fit Albert in. Notible Jason Taylor (no signing bonus), Randle-El and and some of the LB.

oubronco
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
I bet he goes to the Raiders for 120 million and 30 million guaranteed and they cut him next year

400HZ
02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I bet he goes to the Raiders for 120 million and 30 million guaranteed and they cut him next year

He'll probably go somewhere else for more guarenteed money and continue to be the most dominant defensive player in the league.

DBroncos4life
02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
He'll probably go somewhere else for more guarenteed money and continue to be the most dominant defensive player in the league.

Im sure he will do fine as well but its not a lock to say he will be as dominant moving from that system at Tenn to a team like the Skins.

Inkana7
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Of course he'll still be good, but the question is will he be good enough for the contract he wants?

DomCasual
02-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Dan Snyder just never learns. :oyvey:

NASurfer
02-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I still remember when everyone thought Snyder bought himself a Superbowl when he gave Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson all that money. ROFL!

Atlas
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I still remember when everyone thought Snyder bought himself a Superbowl when he gave Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson all that money. ROFL!

He did.... Unfortunately Norv was the Coach!!

TheChamp24
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM

I think you are wrong on that last part. I don't think he will work out that well for how much he will get paid.
Plus, he has NEVER, NEVER, EVER played a full season. Every year he has gotten nicked up.

400HZ
02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I think you are wrong on that last part. I don't think he will work out that well for how much he will get paid.
Plus, he has NEVER, NEVER, EVER played a full season. Every year he has gotten nicked up.

Haynesworth is the only guy in free agency who is worth the exorbitant fee. Dumbass teams (probably including Denver) are going to be writing slightly smaller checks for guys who don't have even a fraction of Haynesworth's talent.

Pay $120 million for Albert and get the most dominating defensive player in the league today.

or

Pay $60 million for Chris Canty or Igor Olshansky and get a third tier bum.

You guys chuckling like Denver avoided some sort of bullet are full of it. What you avoided was a HUGE upgrade to your team.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-24-2009, 11:10 PM
You guys chuckling like Denver avoided some sort of bullet are full of it. What you avoided was a HUGE upgrade to your team.

No, no, no. With $40M in cap room, the Broncos cannot afford to overpay for anyone because that would be bad. Overpaying, however slight, can render what would an otherwise strong upgrade for the team to a signing that warrants a thread about how "McD" is in over his head or Bowlen has been hitting the bottle again or that the Goodmen's should have been retained.

NFLBRONCO
02-24-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't think its smart at this time to sign a really big fish like Albert when we have so many needs on D.

DBroncos4life
02-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Haynesworth is the only guy in free agency who is worth the exorbitant fee. Dumbass teams (probably including Denver) are going to be writing slightly smaller checks for guys who don't have even a fraction of Haynesworth's talent.

Pay $120 million for Albert and get the most dominating defensive player in the league today.

or

While talent wise it would be a huge up grade but do you really feel that he would be a good player in the 3-4? I woud personally give up a draft pick for Shaun Rogers instead of paying Albert that much. Rogers is a much better player then Igor or Chris and wouldn't cost as much as Albert.

TheChamp24
02-25-2009, 12:10 AM

or

Again, I think you are overestimating Haynesworth. He has NEVER played a full year in the league, has a highly questionable mentality IMO, and has at times been known to be inconsistent.

400HZ
02-25-2009, 12:29 AM
While talent wise it would be a huge up grade but do you really feel that he would be a good player in the 3-4? I woud personally give up a draft pick for Shaun Rogers instead of paying Albert that much. Rogers is a much better player then Igor or Chris and wouldn't cost as much as Albert.

Haynesworth would be a great player in any scheme. If he only plays 13 games a year, oh well. Boss Bailey plays like three a year and you gave him an $18 million contract.

I sincerely hope that young McDaniels thinks as passively as you guys do. :thumbsup:

Kaylore
02-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Haynesworth will tank it after he gets paid.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Haynesworth would be a great player in any scheme. If he only plays 13 games a year, oh well. Boss Bailey plays like three a year and you gave him an $18 million contract.

If you don't see the difference between $18 million and $100 million, then there's really nothing more to say.

400HZ
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
If you don't see the difference between $18 million and $100 million, then there's really nothing more to say.

You pay a player like Bailey who is basically worthless around $1 million a game he participates in, but it's stupid to pay Haynesworth $1.2 or $1.3 million per?

400HZ
02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Haynesworth will tank it after he gets paid.

It's a possibility, but at least he hasn't already tanked like some of these other guys getting ready to cash in. Nobody else in free agency has anywhere near the upside of Albert. Not even close. Not even in the same zip code.

Some guys might get soft when they finish building their huge mansions out of diamonds and unicorn horns, but I bet a mean nasty guy like Haynesworth is going to stay mean and nasty.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2009, 11:37 AM
You pay a player like Bailey who is basically worthless around $1 million a game he participates in, but it's stupid to pay Haynesworth $1.2 or $1.3 million per?

You are exaggerating now. Boss averages 12 games per season, just like Haynesworth. Sure, Boss gets hurt a lot, but last year was not an average year for him. And his contract is for 5 years, $17.5 million. It will work out to be FAR under $1 mil a game when all is said and done and you know it.

400HZ
02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
You are exaggerating now. Boss averages 12 games per season, just like Haynesworth. Sure, Boss gets hurt a lot, but last year was not an average year for him. And his contract is for 5 years, $17.5 million. It will work out to be FAR under $1 mil a game when all is said and done and you know it.

OK maybe. But after one year he is on track for $1 million a game. :)

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM

I sincerely hope that young McDaniels thinks as passively as you guys do. :thumbsup:

There is just as much proof that he will be great in a 3-4 as he will tank it after he gets fat paid. ZERO. I already said I think he will be fine where ever he goes but there is a chance that his production could fall off do to the players he is around and the scheme he is in.

DBroncos4life
02-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Andre Carter, Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, Randal El...ROFL!

I don't know if Carter really fits that group. He was pretty good in 07.

400HZ
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
There is just as much proof that he will be great in a 3-4 as he will tank it after he gets fat paid. ZERO. I already said I think he will be fine where ever he goes but there is a chance that his production could fall off do to the players he is around and the scheme he is in.

Then by all means pump yourselves up when you sign Chris Canty for half the money and a tiny fraction of the production. You're right. There's better "value" that way.

bombay
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Then by all means pump yourselves up when you sign Chris Canty for half the money and a tiny fraction of the production. You're right. There's better "value" that way.

Why are you persistantly at a Broncos forum, troll?

bombay
02-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Seriously, think about how you spend your time.

400HZ
02-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Why are you persistantly at a Broncos forum, troll?

Why don't you contribute something to the conversation?

DBroncos4life
02-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Why don't you contribute something to the conversation?

He's got a point its not like we play each other anytime soon. I never once said Chris is anywhere near the player Haynesworth is, but since you brought it up lets look at it this way. Haynesworth is a unknown for the 3-4, Chris played in a 3-4. Signing Haynesworth really makes it harder to sign others on D and if you haven't been paying attention we have something like 9 players to come up with to play D next year. So we could pay for Haynesworth (who by himself is the better player) and then sign a bunch of undrafted players that will suck or sign Canty and get a few more above avg players that don't suck and who knows maybe just field a D that can stop someone every now and then.

Connecticut Bronco Fan
02-27-2009, 03:55 AM
This is now official. 7yrs 100 million.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/redskins-sign-albert-haynesworth-to-100-million-deal/