PDA

View Full Version : Peoples Champ

supermanhr9
02-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Most of us should know Peoples Champ, he's been on the Mane for a while and is a loyal member of the Bronco's fan base. He's one of my bestest good buddies and the guy had a trainwreck of a day at work yesterday (a bunch of customers going after him for stuff he could not control at the factories).

Long story short, it's got him down, so I figured we could all share some shi**y/or funny stories we've had at work, and bring our buddy back up to game-ready condition.

BroncoFiend
02-24-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm kinda going through something similar myself.

To make a loooooong sotry short, I'm an art director and we were given poor quality images for a catalog. We told the customer they were poor quality and even sent them a test print showing them they were poor quality.

However now that the project is nearly complete and they are viewing the final proofs, they are complaining that....you guessed it... the images are poor quality. Simple stuff but it drives me crazy.

supermanhr9
02-24-2009, 08:10 AM
idiots

TheReverend
02-24-2009, 08:13 AM
When we got back from Iraq, one of my best friends and old roommate hung himself.

Other stuff trivial yet?

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 08:17 AM
I just put a bid in on a house in Philadelphia...expecting a raise and a bonus at my one year mark coming up next month...

I got an email today saying that we are having a wage freeze...

Basically, I'm screwed right now

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 08:21 AM
When we got back from Iraq, one of my best friends and old roommate hung himself.

Other stuff trivial yet?

Wow, yes my work is not that bad. I guess its all perspective.

bowtown
02-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I just went to the vending machine to get a granola bar for breakfast, and you guessed it... out of granola bars.

I live a small life.

Spider
02-24-2009, 08:25 AM
I AM STILL STUCK IN BALMAT NEW YORK ........... 150 miles from where I have to deliver this loader ........... Pure suckage hey

Los Broncos
02-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear that sir, people talk **** to me all day at work.

One time a customer wanted to make the short drive down here to kick my ass over a part we didn't have for 4 weeks!

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
IF YOU ARE EVER FEELING DOWN HEAD OVER TO WWW.FMYLIFE.COM (http://www.FMYLIFE.COM)

good stuff....here's some tidbits

Today, I drove to a job interview. I had to sneeze, but because I was driving on the highway, I didn't let go of the wheel to cover my mouth. I didn't know the sneeze was a "productive" one until I was sitting in the interview, looked down at my new blouse and saw the giant lugie sitting there. FML

Today, I submitted a vacation request to my manager and it was approved. I came back from lunch and was informed that I have been let go. FML

Today, at a strategy session my manager displayed a flow chart of his employees. I wasn't included. Apparently I had been fired and they forgot to tell me. FML

Today, my boss fired me via text message. I don't have a text messaging plan. I paid $0.25 to get fired. FML

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
It's definitely all perspective, but everyone's allowed to have a bad day.

Every day seems like the last these days. I run the community relations for a publishing website, and getting our tech department to do anything to fix problems is like pulling teeth... with no drugs... on a Doberman.

Then I go back to our writers and take the brunt of their anger, as if I'm not trying to help them. Good times!

supermanhr9
02-24-2009, 08:56 AM
It's definitely all perspective, but everyone's allowed to have a bad day.

Every day seems like the last these days. I run the community relations for a publishing website, and getting our tech department to do anything to fix problems is like pulling teeth... with no drugs... on a Doberman.

Then I go back to our writers and take the brunt of their anger, as if I'm not trying to help them. Good times!

In varying degrees of difference, we all can agree a bad day is a bad day. My personal belief is if life hand you paperjams, make paper footballs.

BroncoFiend
02-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Other stuff trivial yet?

Sorry to hear about your friend, but please don't ask humans to not get frustrated over day to day things just because worse things can happen. We have all lost people close to us.

TheReverend
02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow, yes my work is not that bad. I guess its all perspective.

Yes it is. Keep your head up and just remember that 99% of everything worth worrying about, you can never see coming anyways.

Kaylore
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Crazyhorse is terminally ill.

Vicktor Frankl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Frankl) was a concentration camp prisoner who was able to find a reason to live in the darkest of circumstances.

Also, at least you aren't a Raider fan. :)

TheReverend
02-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Go rent Schindlers List. That movie will cheer you right up

Florida_Bronco
02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your crappy day man. Here's to hoping that it gets better.

Garcia Bronco
02-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I just put a bid in on a house in Philadelphia...expecting a raise and a bonus at my one year mark coming up next month...

I got an email today saying that we are having a wage freeze...

Basically, I'm screwed right now

After buying a house you'll be able to write off your interest on your principle on your federal income tax. Change you deductions on your w-4 so the Government takes out less each pay period.

Garcia Bronco
02-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I AM STILL STUCK IN BALMAT NEW YORK ........... 150 miles from where I have to deliver this loader ........... Pure suckage hey

Nobody cares.

vancejohnson82
02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Nobody cares.

really? i can find a way to not be screwed on this house deal?? nice

also, nobody cares Spider

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your crappy day man. Here's to hoping that it gets better.

Thanks man, a trip to Clearwater,FL would definately make things better.

missingnumber7
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
You could have to pay child support for octuplets?

Garcia Bronco
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
really? i can find a way to not be screwed on this house deal?? nice

also, nobody cares Spider

Obviously consult a professional. There are federal guidelines that will allow you deductions based on being a (If you are) first time homebuyer. You'll have to do the math. So when I bought my house I was claiming 1 on my w-4. After a rise in monthly output for mortgage payment I started claiming 2 on my w-4. By deducting your mortgage interest on your taxes you offset the change on your w-4. Do the math though

I would also recommend taking a homebuyer course. If you state has a housing authority you should be able to get a free class. Also ask your mortgage lender in you can see a package on a 100 percent 30 year fixed mortgage with lender paid mortgage if you aren't putting anything down. I did this, now you may a little more in interest, but it should be a big deal unless you are going to see the full 30 years.

Taco John
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Other stuff trivial yet?

Way to turn that frown upside down!

BroncoDoug
02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
IF YOU ARE EVER FEELING DOWN HEAD OVER TO WWW.FMYLIFE.COM (http://www.FMYLIFE.COM)

good stuff....here's some tidbits

Today, I drove to a job interview. I had to sneeze, but because I was driving on the highway, I didn't let go of the wheel to cover my mouth. I didn't know the sneeze was a "productive" one until I was sitting in the interview, looked down at my new blouse and saw the giant lugie sitting there. FML

Today, I submitted a vacation request to my manager and it was approved. I came back from lunch and was informed that I have been let go. FML

Today, at a strategy session my manager displayed a flow chart of his employees. I wasn't included. Apparently I had been fired and they forgot to tell me. FML

Today, my boss fired me via text message. I don't have a text messaging plan. I paid $0.25 to get fired. FML

Haha, I was just going to post that, until I saw you did. Its a good site to see people having bad days just like all of us do

Florida_Bronco
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks man, a trip to Clearwater,FL would definately make things better.

Aren't you moving to Tampa here soon?

Rock Chalk
02-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Id like to share a bad day with you.

I woke up to a knock on the door. It was the police. I was under arrest for suspicion of murder. That's right, homicide.

So I am taken down to the police station, quite rudely btw. Still in my boxer shorts and nothing else, hair a mess, hungover from the night before and pissed off because Im going to jail for homicide.

The next three hours are a scary ordeal as I am searched, and by searched I mean anal cavity searched, lift up my balls and cough type of deal, processed, booked and thrown in a holding tank with 15 black guys all fully clothed. Lucky me. Of course, it didnt matter if they were white, black or other, but details of this story are important.

So one of my fellow cell mates asks "What are you in for?" and of course I reply "Murder". Now, let me be clear. I have never murdered or even justifiably killed another human being in my life, but yet here I am. So black guy says "Yeah, me too". Aw ****.

Three hours after that I get the priveledge of going to stand in a line up. There, I am FINALLY found innocent as I was not ID'd but whtever witness they had. Unfortunately, the cops still dont buy it and wont release me. Afterall, I am their only suspect at this point and no one else in the line up was IDd either.

This drags on for about 6 more hours so now Im sitting in there for 12 hours, its about 9 pm when finally, I catch a break. Turns out, the guy that did do the murdering was caught earlier in the day and was in the next holding tank for an unrelated charge. When a fingerprint was found at the crime scene and it came back positive for this schmuck, I was finally allowed to walk home, in my boxer shorts, 6 miles in the winter.

So, whenever you have a bad day, remember that story.

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Id like to share a bad day with you.

I woke up to a knock on the door. It was the police. I was under arrest for suspicion of murder. That's right, homicide.

So I am taken down to the police station, quite rudely btw. Still in my boxer shorts and nothing else, hair a mess, hungover from the night before and pissed off because Im going to jail for homicide.

The next three hours are a scary ordeal as I am searched, and by searched I mean anal cavity searched, lift up my balls and cough type of deal, processed, booked and thrown in a holding tank with 15 black guys all fully clothed. Lucky me. Of course, it didnt matter if they were white, black or other, but details of this story are important.

So one of my fellow cell mates asks "What are you in for?" and of course I reply "Murder". Now, let me be clear. I have never murdered or even justifiably killed another human being in my life, but yet here I am. So black guy says "Yeah, me too". Aw ****.

Three hours after that I get the priveledge of going to stand in a line up. There, I am FINALLY found innocent as I was not ID'd but whtever witness they had. Unfortunately, the cops still dont buy it and wont release me. Afterall, I am their only suspect at this point and no one else in the line up was IDd either.

This drags on for about 6 more hours so now Im sitting in there for 12 hours, its about 9 pm when finally, I catch a break. Turns out, the guy that did do the murdering was caught earlier in the day and was in the next holding tank for an unrelated charge. When a fingerprint was found at the crime scene and it came back positive for this schmuck, I was finally allowed to walk home, in my boxer shorts, 6 miles in the winter.

So, whenever you have a bad day, remember that story.

Wow that sux, when was that.

Peoples Champ
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Aren't you moving to Tampa here soon?

No, dont plan on it. But I like the warm feeling that gives me when its like 30 degrees up here.

Bronco Yoda
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUqIlhxige0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUqIlhxige0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bronclvr
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
This place always makes me realize that I am not the only one with problems-

http://www.myuntoldsecrets.com/

Spider
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Okay , i got this ........ I was sent to Dimok Penn, to pick up a D9 H dozer ( this mama jammer is huge ) I finally find montrose Penn , pull in at the pump and pantry and wait for Larry to guide me in , he does ,facing the wrong way , so I have to back down a hill for 1 mile , block off traffic get turned around , back back up the hill , detach.... here is the Dozer ......................

And if that wasnt bad enough , the guy drives the dozer right off the side of my trailer , the Hydraulic lines come loose , soaking me in hot Fluid from head to toe ......... Here is the damage done to my trailer , note the metal is supposed to be even with the wood .........
I call my boss he comes unhinged , I had to take the ass chewing it is all my fault , I am the driver .......... and to top it all off I have to go back tomorrow and try it again ..........