PDA

View Full Version : probably one huge reason why bowlen is having everyone "answer to me"

tsiguy96
02-24-2009, 07:40 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/24/angelo-preparing-to-make-lovie-the-fall-guy/

avoid situations like this. set the GM and coach on the same level and you avoid power struggles. just a thought for everyone who said hes an idiot for not hiring a GM first.

bowtown
02-24-2009, 07:45 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/24/angelo-preparing-to-make-lovie-the-fall-guy/

avoid situations like this. set the GM and coach on the same level and you avoid power struggles. just a thought for everyone who said hes an idiot for not hiring a GM first.

Maybe that's what Bowlen said, but every move he has made this offseason says "everyone will answer to Josh."

tsiguy96
02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Maybe that's what Bowlen said, but every move he has made this offseason says "everyone will answer to Josh."

josh is in charge of the team, but the GM is not in charge of josh, they work together. josh cannot fire xanders like shanny was able to. bowlen has run the same style of ownership (head coach runs the team) for a very long time, and its worked very well for him, i see no reason for him to change now.

Broncoman13
02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
josh is in charge of the team, but the GM is not in charge of josh, they work together. josh cannot fire xanders like shanny was able to. bowlen has run the same style of ownership (head coach runs the team) for a very long time, and its worked very well for him, i see no reason for him to change now.

The GM is there b/c Josh said he could be. It is beyond obvious that this is McD's team and he, if not THE decision maker, has a large say in what goes on at Dove Valley. You think it was Xanders' idea to hire Kidd? No, he's a NE Patriot guy. Kidd was hired b/c McD said to make it happen. Plain and simple, in the short time he has been HC he has become Pat Bowlen's new Mike Shanahan.

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
The GM is there b/c Josh said he could be. It is beyond obvious that this is McD's team and he, if not THE decision maker, has a large say in what goes on at Dove Valley. You think it was Xanders' idea to hire Kidd? No, he's a NE Patriot guy. Kidd was hired b/c McD said to make it happen. Plain and simple, in the short time he has been HC he has become Pat Bowlen's new Mike Shanahan.

Are you sure about this? I'm not saying you are not correct, it's just the first time I've heard these statements in such strong language.

I know everyone is assuming here, as am I. But do we really know this is how it happened?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Why shouldn't he have say? He's the one coaching the team, he knows his system better than bowlen, he SHOULD pick scouts he's comfortable with. He also should be consulted when making a GM hire. The Xanders decisions seems like a BOWLEN decision first and foremost